• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The Lesson of Humanity

Dana

Probationary
So, this is just something I want to share.

I guess I now understand the one question that has been in my head for months:

Why did I reincarnate here in the Philippines?

To learn the one thing I lost in my former life as a German soldier in the Third Reich: my humanity.

But how? And what does the Philippines have to do with it?

It came to public memory recently just a few months ago. It was May, and I was just starting to question how I ended up in this country.

The Philippines saved the Jews running away from Germany and Austria when the Holocaust was about to begin, even though the U.S. government (during the late 1930's, the Philippines was a commonwealth of America) was against the idea, since the colonial government itself was quite anti-Semitic, but not on Germany's level. The Philippine president had the guts to say no when the colonial government denied the request of an open door policy for Jews. Eventually, the Philippine president still got what he wanted, with the support of his friends and his wife.

A mere 1300 Jews saved may seem like a small number over six million that died, but every life counts. There could have been more, it was once planned that they might have taken in as many as 100,000 but unfornately, the war reached the Pacific in 1941.

And then, I suddenly discovered something else. The very city I was born in (Marikina City) had history with the Jewish refugees. Just a great mind-boggling thought for me, a reincarnated dead Nazi born in a city that once sheltered Jews and today has ties to Israel. The universe always has stuff to surprise me.

In a world where nobody wanted accept the very people I was supposed to kill in my past life, the Philippines was one of very few who cared, as the former President once said, "They are human beings that need saving", the complete opposite of how the Third Reich views Jews.

I could say that I'm proud of my country's legacy against Nazism, quietly resisting the impending Holocaust by saving the unwanted Jews.

Humanity and compassion, a thing natural to Filipinos, something I had lost and now have to learn as a lesson in my current life.

And that's why I'm here in the Philippines.

I know many Filipinos from my work, and they are truly very kind and entertaining people in particular. Filipinos are very well known for their positive attitude, being helpful, hard-working and polite. But there is not only one way of being human. And as a german on the eastern front, I was no less human than you are now as a Filipino. I often see this tendency to talk devaluativly about the german soldier's life in the ww2. There is absolutely no logical reason for that. They were just as human as anybody are nowadays in this world. Not one millimeter less human than that.

You mention Israel and their huge role in humanity, and your hometown's good relationship to Israel. Have you ever asked an average Palestinian if he or she experience life as his/her human rights are currently well respected and taken care of by Israel? And even if the answer to this would be no, would you say the Israeli soldiers (nowadays killing many Palestinians - though this is not to be talked about), are less of human value than the rest of those walking on two legs in this world? And what do you, by the way, think of nations that befriend states that kill off people based on ethnicity.

Reactions: Owl
Just like you, I reincarnated in the Philippines too, but I’m now in Singapore, about to move to Canada. What do these countries have in common? Diversity. For me, I think it’s a lesson for me to appreciate others regardless of race, language, or religion, and this is my life philosophy. In my past life, I’ll admit that I was a little racist after getting brainwashed, so it’s time for me to get my brain back and be an accepting person.

On a side note, you mentioned about how the Philippines helped save some Jews surprised me because it’s so far away from Europe. I guess my knowledge of Filipino history is very insubstantial. All I know is the Spanish people coming to our country because I descended from those very people...and I’m partly Dutch too. I have never been to Europe before, though.

No, I’m different from what Ösz said. Stereotypically, I’m more Japanese, according to the BBC. I’m not very conscientious, it seems

Last edited by a moderator:
I've recognized since several years that many, many old german souls reincarnated after the war, in many different other nations around the world. And this also corresponds well, with that those souls contemporarily incarnated on German soil, are to a large degree not old German souls, but from some other groups. You could basically say that after the war, the German souls fled Germany and reincarnated in other nations. Through my work I meet and get in contact with people of many ethnic groups from all over the world. And based on my experiences through this, I've also often been thinking that south-east Asia in general is one of those particular environments were clusters of old German souls reincarnated.

Many years ago, as a young student, I used to travel by the local train between the university and were I lived. And one day sitting on the train, a young black guy from Sierra Leone suddenly came to sit beside of me. This was not at all some sort of hitting on me or flirthing. He said he had spotted me on the plattform, and just imediately knew that we had something in common and that he had to speak to me. And guess what he wanted to talk about. Germany. His longing for Germany was so treamendous, he said. And he asked me if I could speak some German to him there on that train. And forunately I could, because I had been learning German in school. So I did, and it totally broke his hearth. He also stressed that he loved Africa very much, but he couldn't live there as he kind of didnt fit in so very well there. So he had left for Europe, and did not plan to move back. Africa is very different, he said, but he strongly urged me to visit there some day and stay there for a while, especially in West Afrika, to experience what it is like.

I myself seem to have chosen to reincarnate as a white non-german woman in Europe. I have met enough of you currently incarnated as non-white old germans, to tell you that you didnt become more human or wise just because of that different skin-color or different cultural invironments you grew up in. And you were also not less human as you lived as Germans in Germany. To belive that you became more human now, is in my opinion a misconception.

Don’t forget that there are other reasons too. I returned to New Zealand because had I returned to Germany again, it would have been too much for me to heal my memories in being constantly around the ‘Nazi’ stigma again. Also I would not have been able to do what we had planned for me in Germany, so we chose quiet little New Zealand..

I didn’t know this and only learned this because of the recent movie that has been released called ‘Jojo Rabbit’ that there is a Jewish minority in New Zealand not just ex WWII, but also Polynesian Jews (parallel to my WWII German lifetime where I lived there was a Jewish minority too). So I guess that we all return to some place that still has that ‘Jewish feel’ whether we were involved in the Holocaust directly or not.

I think the lesson of humanity teaches us SOMETHING even if we are not aware of it. One of the biggest issues I see in people’s behaviour is the ‘words sting and hurt’ lesson. Some have learned that lifetimes ago, some are only just learning now. Words form part of humanity too, as some project a profile on people that lingers long after they have said the words and can often hurt your “next self”. My guides often tell me that once a profile has been given to someone, it can be very hard to change ones perspective because they judge them on the words and profiles others have given. (Oy, hope I explained that right :confused: )

Eva x

To learn the one thing I lost in my former life as a German soldier in the Third Reich: my humanity.

But weren't you in the Wehrmacht and died in battle? How exactly did you lose your humanity? Do you actually remember any horrific acts committed by yourself as a soldier that would be inexcusable in the setting of a war? The last thing I read about your memories you mostly remembered being killed maybe.

I agree with Stewardess Ester Ösz, I think the demonization of Germans during WWII is a bit over the top. People assume I' m a psychopath when I tell them that I don't see much of a difference between myself now and then. It doesn't mean I' m a demon now, it means I was fine then.

I was born in Argentina, where there is also a huge Jewish community. Does it mean anything? No. Does it make me a better person to be Argentine? It doesn't make me better nor worse. I' m white, would I be a better person if I wasn't? Probably not either.

Actually the Pz.Gren. Div Großdeutschland was simply referred to as “Großdeutschland” or “GroßDeutschland Division” was involved in its OWN war crimes in Russia and Ukraine ( The subject of Grossdeutschland's complicity in them was the subject of the book by Omer Bartov - The Eastern Front, 1941–45, German Troops, and the Barbarization of Warfare) so I think that Dana made a fair observation.

The SS were not the only ones to commit such crimes as also the Ordnungspolizei and Wehrmacht units committed war crimes too (though some of these were connected to the Einsatzgruppen) so yes, finding your humanity again is a valid lesson to do in a place such as the Phillipines and also here in Australia/New Zealand.

If people think that the reincarnated souls who were in the SS only, who committed war crimes and lost their humanity, you’re wrong. War makes evil people of us all and NO ONE is an innocent party in war and perhaps you need to re-evaluate your outlook of what you consider to be true (thinking the Wehrmacht never committed a war crime and lost humanity).

Eva x

If people think that the reincarnated souls who were in the SS only, who committed war crimes and lost their humanity, you’re wrong. War makes evil people of us all and NO ONE is an innocent party in war and perhaps you need to re-evaluate your outlook of what you consider to be true (thinking the Wehrmacht never committed a war crime and lost humanity).

Eva x
It is of corse important that those of you who feel like you have to make up for crimes you comitted back then and "heal" yourself, that you get the chance to do it in this life. And I totally support the healing process for those who really need it.

I think the vast majority of other german souls who reincarnated around the world, have no crimes to make up for at all. Most of us were fortunatelly born as nice and kind people with a high degree of moral integrity and humanity. So the majority of us dont need that kind of penance and healing that maybe some do. Dont misunderstand me, because I think there is truly a lot of evil in this world. There are still people who get killed off and are driven away from their own homeland. Those are war crimes comitted by evil leaders of some countries and nations, who are truly rasistic and hatefull. And they are those who need punishment, they need to apologise to their victims, they need to make up for their crimes - its just that they dont do it, what so ever. But this evil crimes comitted in the world today, are not really significant for the old German souls reincarnated. I have at least not seen any old German souls in those roles in the contemporary world scene. All the old German souls I have ever met in this life, have been nice and kind people without an exeption - and they dont need punishment or "healing" any of them. They are good enough just as they are.

Actually the Pz.Gren. Div Großdeutschland was simply referred to as “Großdeutschland” or “GroßDeutschland Division” was involved in its OWN war crimes in Russia and Ukraine ( The subject of Grossdeutschland's complicity in them was the subject of the book by Omer Bartov - The Eastern Front, 1941–45, German Troops, and the Barbarization of Warfare) so I think that Dana made a fair observation.

The SS were not the only ones to commit such crimes as also the Ordnungspolizei and Wehrmacht units committed war crimes too (though some of these were connected to the Einsatzgruppen) so yes, finding your humanity again is a valid lesson to do in a place such as the Phillipines and also here in Australia/New Zealand.

Eva x

Good thing you get my point Eva. :)

So we're pretty much saying then that because some crimes were attributed to the division as a whole then Dana is automatically guilty, despite what she personally could have done or not, and lost her humanity? I' m actually being constructive and gentle towards her soul here, because if she is assuming that she was an inhumane monster for the mere fact of either being a German during WWII or even being in that Wehrmacht division, she may not be rendering her past life self justice. I' ve met many Dead Nazis in these years and they are all good people. Is it because of this life's circumstances? No, you don't automatically become a saint for being born in a different country. Most likely they were good people back then. If someone was really an inhumane monster it probably takes more than a trip to the Philippines to solve that.

Although I have not read anything of what Danas crimes in her PL she was as a German soldier, I'm afraid being a Filipino will in itself not help her come to peace with her burden from her PL. It's not like being a certain kind of ethnicity is more healing to the soul than others. Or is it just me, who doesn't get this Filipino thing?

Reactions: Owl
Dana, I want to say to you: Whatever you did as a soldier on the front, your death made up for it. You have paid the price already.

This is also the real meaning of Jesus Christ's death on the cross - where he shows us the law and mystery of life-death-resurrection. The last one is, in our case, to be understood as our rebirth/reincarnation.

In Christian doctrine, we say that "the fruit of the sin is the death," or we could simply say "the consequence of the sin is death," (but we talk about death as something so colorful and sweet as a fruit). This also means that death is to be understood as something that balances or covers for the sin (crimes) committed. This is especially true of death when the person gives up his/her life as a sacrifice. Jesus Christ lived and died as a sacrifice in every single meaning of the expression, but many a life and death can be a sacrifice (that depends on what you want), and a soldier's death on the battlefield is definitely to be interpreted as a sacrifice.

In the death, the circle of life and death is balanced and ended - and the resurrection of the soul (our rebirth) takes place as a fruit (consequence) of this ended circle where the sin has found its counterpart in the death and has been annihilated in it (consumed by death). In our rebirth in new life, the sin from the previous life is no longer with us - as it is no longer even existant, but went up in death. If it didn't, your rebirth couldn't even have taken place.

So the mere fact you are here, shows your previous sin is no longer with you. You could even say that the resurrection/rebirth of the soul is an ultimate victory over the old sin. Something that is evidence of it is no-longer-existence in reality. To be reborn is like to say: Hurray, I won over sin!

Last edited:
Back