• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

"This is my last incarnation"

"This is my last incarnation"

• This is my last incarnation

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I will be reincarnating in the future

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I don't believe in "last incarnations"

• I do believe in "last incarnations"

• Total voters
I thought this may be my last incarnation, but I don't think so.
My intention is that my next life will be and then I will work from the Spirit World instead of Human World.

I agree with aaron......

I do believe we keep going, really, hundreds and hundreds of years. and our future lives get better and better, cause we are learning and learning to perfect our souls, so each time we incanate, we are really learning all good stuff, like love, being the best we could ever be, sharing, giving, etc, it only can get better! love to all of you, kathy

Oh, I am definitely coming back. :D I am not done yet! I feel like I have learned a lot in this life, but I feel that there is still much more to experience.

Ailish

I think my journey has been a long one with many identities and responsibilities. I'm not so sure that the cycle ever ends. It's as much being a teacher as it is being a student. Old souls sharing their knowledge with newer souls, gaining enthusiasm to continue and discover more. That's what I sense, my proof is that I'm still here, still asking.

John

I don´t think this is my last incarnation because i believe that in the lasts incarnations we feel one with the universe, we´re expanded and in complete peace. That´s far from what i feel now.

Personally, I think it's wrong to look at some far off goal, which is akin to a carnival prize we'll win once we finish reincarnating. Our goal may be as simple as sharing our spiritual love with others so that they can continue to grow and evolve. Just maybe we are each other's plant/soul food. And as for everyone who has mentioned how many mistakes they have made . . . take heart, the only way we learn is from our mistakes. I also wonder if some of us who have evolved to a certain point might not spend time as Spiritual Guides, then reincarnate again, and share our new found wisdom and knowledge with other souls. Why blindly accept what some self-proclaimed modern day prophet tells us in their latest best seller? I tend to search inward for my answers, and trust my heart/soul more than some of these New Age Gurus.

John

Surveys are good

Hi Deborah & friends,
I think polling of the probably convinced is useful to elicit subtleties of belief. This is a highly preselected population so any result cannot be generalised at all, but the results are interesting nonetheless, at least to me.
I now feel distinctly distrustful of anyone's claim they are on their last incarnation, as it is so usable a claim to specialness of some form, and I have only heard it stated by those who are recruiting fee-paying followers or course applicants.
My own belief that I will return once more is based on a meditational conversation with a future aspect of myself located in Russia as a farmer, concerned with crops and weather. I had a sense that what could be known about that was confined by decisions yet to be made. Afterwards, I could not understand why the location could possibly be attractive, but much later learned of the distinction between European/Catholic-influenced belief patterns and Eastern (Greek/Russion)-Orthodox belief patterns. I can now imagine that to grow up in a culture in which new revelation has always been admitted could seem attractive in comparison to this doubt-ridden culture. But presumably there would be other factors less attractive as well. But I know nothing personally beyond that intuition.

Boy, I have a hard time with these polls. For some reason my I always see them as being geared toward locking you down in some either/or fashion. And it just seems to me that they all come from this place of western, christian, or scientific mind frame that I don't seem to have. There should be a box where we can check off 'Other', "None of the Above", or "All of the Above". lol

When I see the word incarnation here, should I assume that it means 'in body' and that in body means in an earthly, physical one? I'll go with that for the purposes of answering.

Yup, I think we can have last incarnations and that that depends on a great many variables. :laugh:

Wulfie

Last Incarnation

I really don't want to debate whether or not if one believes in a final incarnation. To me, you will know the answer to that when it is time.

It is my feeling that this is my final incarnation. I am very diligent in this lifetime and feel a huge sense of achieving my purpose.

Even in the beginning when I first began to believe in reincarnation, before even knowing the beliefs and options of beliefs my immediate feeling was that I was living my last incarnation.

I have this deep yearning of wanting to be sure that all is achieved that I set out to. A deep feeling of a "time clock" is ticking. And that this time I must and will get it right. My sub-conscious mind is very aware of this at all times.

It is hard to explain and only those who feel this can probably be the only ones that truly understand it.

It is like my sub-conscious mind won't let me forget it. And there is a strong sense of wanting to complete things that I am suppose to complete to achieve my goals. This drive pushes and drives me to go over and beyond.

Peace,

Saber

I voted that I will be reincarnating in the future, but I would really prefer the, "I haven't got a clue" option. However, I figure I still have a lot of soul work to do, so I figure I'll be coming back.

I´ve been reading the gospel of st.Thomas again recently and here´s a saying that might sit well with this topic:

(18)"The disciples said to Jesus: Tell us how our end will be. Jesus said: Since you have discovered the beginning, why do you seek the end? For where the beginning is, there will the end be. Blessed is he who shall stand at the beginning (in the beginning), and he shall know the end, and shall not taste death."

(another little PL habit there, BTW, the thumping of scripture;))

Besides that- shaking off for a moment the reluctance to discuss in these terms - I strongly suspect, judging by the present pace, I´ll be back loads of times still... ;)

There's no doubt in my mind that I'll be back many, many times to come as yet. Beside having still so much to do, learn and so much hard work to acheive inner peace and positivity, I don't feel done with physical life, not be a mile.

I'm too keen to keep coming back as it currently stands with me.

The only thing that I'm done with is coming back soon after death. I don't wanna put too many years, centuries behind me before I return. HOwever, I don't wanna return in the same, or next century at least. I really need a rest after this life. Lives as disabled people are tough ones and the soul needs to visit a good astral health farm to get over the experience :) I hope my spirit guides have booked me a place there lol. I need it that's for sure.

JustinR, I agree that being disabled is a rough life. But I also feel that I've grown so much more both personally and spiritually because of it. Do you find that to be the same in your situation?

John

tiltjlp said:
JustinR, I agree that being disabled is a rough life. But I also feel that I've grown so much more both personally and spiritually because of it. Do you find that to be the same in your situation?

John

Actually... yes I totally have and do so agree with you. From a metaphysical/spiritual level, there is a lot to be learned from taking on such a life. It feels like taking a big exam before graduating to the next level. Not the next level in terms of relms but, in terms of spiritual growth. If I pass the test, I expect my future lives will be different in a lot of ways to my past lives before me, in some way that is. Not sure how but, I feel disabled lives are like taking a big exam on everything learnt previously and needing to pass that to move on. If that make sense.

I think I'm doing pretty OK. Finding the albinism still hard to embrace fully but the visual impairment I have totally embraced and don't feel any shame for that. I think that's one tough test to pass when taking on a disabled life is, to pass the "shame" test and feel comfortable with the situation. Oh well, I've completed half the big test there :)

Mind you, in today's world, taking on a disabled life isn't all hard work though. I mean, there are rewards in this physical life to be had, if in the right situation that is. I've had plenty of good experiences as well as unpleasant ones. I've also done a fair deal of good stuff as well. Life is in no way easy but, it's not as harsh as it must have been in the 14th,15th, 17th centuries etc.

Even so, it's tiring for the soul these kinds of lives. Hence, I'd like a least two centuries to pass, or a century and half before I make any effort to come back. Mind you, I'm a restless soul, what's the betting I'll be talked into coming back sooner than that! :d

We'll see. How about you? do you feel that you'd like to return very soon? Or, like me, would you prefer to hang back for a while, based on the life you're living and how you're view your "this life" situation?

all the best,

Justin

Given the choice, and believing that I won't carry any of the disabilities forward, I think I'd like to return fairly quickly. The one thing I do hope is that in my next go round I'm physically fit. I tip the scales at over 300 pounds, and that might be the biggest burden of all, pun intended. Maybe it's the writer in me, but I'm anxious to see how my story continues to unfold. I do wonder if an early return will allow me to remember more of the lessons I've learned. I doubt it, but it would be a nice bonus.

John

I do believe there is a "last incarnation", but I also believe it takes many, many lives to get to a point in spiritual development where we don't have to come back. Thus, it isn't really very often that we come across people on their last incarnation.

I know this is an older thread, but for those who said earlier that you have been "told" you are having your last life... Who told you? How did they determine this, and what are their own "qualifications" that allows them to make that judgement? Just curious. :)

decidedly unsure...

I just have no feeling either way on this subject. However, I am always wanting to do as much and experience as much as I can; so I think that I would be inclined to return sooner than later.

That being said, I cannot think of many circumstances in the present age of the world that I would actually want to live in. Perhaps, I am tired of the tribulations in this life and look forward to peace. I have been blessed in this life compared to the millions of others who have suffered terribly and I have a hard time seeing how the circumstances of their lives have benefited them (or the whole?). I realize that I don't see the big picture though.

I know I am to come back. There is a little secret I was told that in a future incarnation my father would be my guide: angel.

So maybe he's at the end of his life incarnations?

I believe there are thousands more incarnations awaiting me, based on some of the stunts I've pulled.

-Nightrain

Overseas said:
There is a little secret I was told that in a future incarnation my father would be my guide: angel.
So maybe he's at the end of his life incarnations?
I believe we can work as guides for other souls, when we are discarnate - waiting to be incarnated once again.

Karoliina

Hi Karoliina,

reading your remark and thinking about that, it's more probable he then is in between stages (although he is wise...). I don't know if he will be my head guide or just one of the guides. If I knew that I would know also about him being at the end of his incarnations. But it's not that important to know.

I believe your head guide is all the way with you from birth. Then there are several other guides that help along the way.

But what's the criterium to be head guide? ...My guess is a high vibrational energy level...

I like to think that I've made a lot of progress, but I get daily reminders that I still have a long way to go. :eek:

I think that I've had a few glimpses at a future incarnation which ties this life and the last one together. It also makes sense to me for the problems I had and have in this life and the ones in my last. This life doesn't seem at all like what people say is karma from my last one. They make sense though if I can tie them together with what I think is the next one. The things I learned and survived now and the things I learned and survived then will be important in the next one if I'm right.

That's my explanation for things in this life, the idea of karma just isn't making sense here. I think that a person can go through a certain amount of trials, not for punishment or a karmic lesson learned, but for the experience that it gives may be extremely valuable at sometime in the future. Kind of comparable to taking a college class for the job you want or need instead of a court ordered 'we'll teach you why you shouldn't do that again' class.

Here's a thought.....

What if the whole reason we are here is to simply experience life as physical people....as actors on a stage? In this particular incarnation/role I have chosen to be who I am in my current life situation. In my next role I will choose something different. I might be the villain or the victim. I might choose to be someone who just blends into the background of life...never taking a leading role. I think so long as I have a curiosity about physical life...and a desire to try on some new roles, I'll keep coming back.

Wednesday, I like your take on Karma. Too often it's given a revenge tone....you know, what goes around comes around...or he'll get his in another life...It's sounds so malicious. It's my belief that karma is self-imposed and self-directed. Upon doing my life review I will be able to see the implication of my actions. I'll know what I've done right and wrong...because I know the difference. It's then I'll choose whose life I need to touch in positive way to correct a previous wrong. I don't believe we are ever judged for our actions. We don't need to be.....because life is everlasting and we are continuosly presented with opportunities to balance things out. I, too, believe that our actions are sometimes preparatory for another experience or incarnation.

A female spirit once shared that a particularly horrible life event of mine (from 1985) was destined to happen. Apparently the knowledge and coping skills I learned from said event was to be used for the greater good of two other people. I had the opportunity from 2005-2007 to use those skills to touch those two lives....and without a doubt I wouldn't have been able to do what I did, had I not had that experience in 1985.

Life is like childbirth.....we go through the pain of delivery and declare we are never doing that again...only to repeat the process a few years later. Obviously the joy outweighs the pain.....and such is life. At the end of this incarnation we will look back on it and think.....what a rush that was......I'm going back.

Blessings.

GoldFish65 said:
Here's a thought.....
What if the whole reason we are here is to simply experience life as physical people....as actors on a stage?

Life is like childbirth.....we go through the pain of delivery and declare we are never doing that again...only to repeat the process a few years later. Obviously the joy outweighs the pain.....and such is life. At the end of this incarnation we will look back on it and think.....what a rush that was......I'm going back.
Participating on the board is triggering a flood of memories of my childhood. When I did interview my parents, family, relatives and family friends after amnesia - they all had stories about my childhood I was blind to. To sum it up, my Mom once told me that she thought she had given birth to a midget. One of my nicknames as a three and four year old was 'little man.' My Grandfather told me that everyone got used to the idea that I was an 'old soul' and had brought along memories that could only come from living in the world in a previous life.

I can recall 'thinking' this very concept when I was about 3 years old and I was learning to talk. I was talking at a very early age.

I can recall walking into a kitchen with a couple of Aunt's trying to get me to play some silly child game with them. I stood with my fists on my waist and said,

"What was I thinking when I decided to come and live here with you people. You talk the silliest talk I have ever heard and you keep trying to put silly idea's in my head. I only got so much room in my mind and I want to keep what I got and you keep forcing things in and I keep loosing what I want to keep. I swear.....I never want to come back into this world ever again. What was I thinking coming back here and doing this all over again?"

My Aunts just looked at one another and shook their heads and then picked me up and sat me on a counter and started playing some silly guessing game with me.

When I was 3 and 4 - I could recall being in spirit prior to be being born and could remember a past life vividly.

When I came across the concept of what 'sweeping it under the carpet' meant, I felt that was what I was doing with my 'past life' memories during childhood. I was examining what I could of it and then 'sweeping it into the unconscious.' Out of sight and out of mind. There was a sense of frustration and resentment falling into place and in order to focus on this life - I couldn't walk with the past life memories so vivid on my current mind. It was a process of letting go of the old and getting on with the new.

Years later when I was in my own 'denial' stage and talking to my young friends about the theory of reincarnation, the first thing out of their mouths was,

"If it is true - then I NEVER want to come back here again and want to make this my LAST go around."

So I wonder if we all go though that 'house cleaning' process when we are at a certain stage in our childhood - burying memories and going into a self imposed denial to live this life to the fullest. I wonder if we have a subliminal moment that gets triggered and we recall a moment in our childhood when we had a fists on our waists asking,

"What the heck was I thinking coming back into this world again?"

Point is - we sort of lose sight of what our spirit had in mind and what our spirit was thinking.

I agree - once we get over the pain of it all - the joy sets in. That joy might not fully set in until we do step out of this world and look over our shoulders and say, 'Wow!'

Next thing you know - there is another kid in the world some where asking, "What the heck was I thinking?"

The merry-go-round and roller coaster ride strikes again.

DK

I'm nowhere near finished. I really don't even know if being "done" is a thing. Maybe when the universe implodes... then everything starts over again in a new universe! Maybe.

So agree rednight. So many things I still want to experience, this life & many more.

I do believe in old souls & think you must know when you get there. I know someone who's so at peace with himself. He's budhist, meditates & lives peacefully.

Back