"We Are Married, Mamma."

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by janababy, Sep 15, 2004.

1. janababy

janababy Senior Registered

*Lol* This is what my 3 year old has been saying for the past few days. At first, I thought it was the typical, "I want to marry you, mommy/daddy", etc, but it's not. He has been telling me that we are already married. I have asked if we will get married, and he says, "No, we already are." I pushed the subject a little bit and asked him what married means. "Lots of people come and have cake and dance." He later added, "And you were wearing white clothes and I had black clothes on." I pushed and asked if I was wearing shorts or pants. "No, a dress. A big dress that was white."

I asked if I could marry his pappa, and he says, "No, because me and you are married already." It's funny because a few days before this started, he was laying in bed with his pappa (story time) and he asked if we were married. We were SHOCKED! I don't remember ever mentioning that word to him, and I know he hasn't seen it on tv; I monitor what he's watching well. Since it was relatively recent and we've been in Europe for a two months or so now, it couldn't have come from someone here.

I have noticed in his behavior toward me, that it isn't a typical mother/son relationship. In fact, his relationship with me mirrors my relationship with my mom; we are both very close. When I was a child, I did everything I could to wedge myself between my mother and father. I couldn't stand the thought of him touching her hand, etc. Well, it turns out she was my wife in a past life; so those feelings of protection and jealousy had been carried over. Luckily, I've gotten over that! :) My son is already starting it; he sleeps in his own bed, but will wedge himself between his father and myself sometime during the night. If his father and I are "cuddling" or relaxing together, my little guy will tell him to stop it and then cuddle me himself (he runs his hand up my sleeve and lightly rubs my arm.) He is more attentive to me than even his father is; he even MAKES me eat certain things (he grabbed a banana yesterday, opened it, and tried to shove it in my mouth when I didn't want to eat it. It's odd; I had been feeling under the weather lately, though I've never mentioned it. I ate the banana (I needed it anyways; I didn't eat much at all earlier in the day) and he was happy. He's so wonderful; but I don't want him to feel like he needs to take care of me. He's only 3; he doesn't need to have any worries! I was the same way with my mom; always feeling like I had to take care of her, make sure she was alright, etc (why I don't know, since she is the strongest, most independant person I have ever met!).

It's amazing what little ones come up with and what their perspective is on things...

"Lots of people come and have cake and dance." This would definitely be a wedding from a child's perspective! :)

Jen. :)

2. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi Jana

Thanks so much for sharing this with us - very interesting. Saying that though, I can understnad your concerns and desire for him to just be a kid and not have to worry about you all the time - must be strange having a "little old man" around the place (I do love that about children though, the way they can appear so wise yet look so pure and innocent) ;)

I look forward to reading any future updates :D

3. janababy

janababy Senior Registered

Hi, Kelly! :)

"must be strange having a "little old man" around the place (I do love that about children though, the way they can appear so wise yet look so pure and innocent) "

This is so true! I have yet to meet a child who doesn't have even a little bit of "wisdom" behind their eyes. They're so tiny and melt your heart, then they say something far beyond their few years and it just floors you! *Lol* It's definitely one of my favorite things about children!

I will keep you updated! :)