What brought you here?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Deborah, Feb 27, 2003.

?

What brought you here?

1. A personal experience

17 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. My child's experiences

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Reading a book about it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My religion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm a skeptic - just browsing

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. I'm a researcher looking for cases

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Just curious

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Each is unique. Could be a combination of many things. Have you read Carol's books? They show many examples of what brings us here.

2. Vogue_1983.

Vogue_1983. Senior Member

I was actually wondering if there was such thing as a reincarnation forum,and literally typed it in.After some clicking on random articles I found this forum :.)

inhaltslos likes this.
  3. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

That's what I did too. The subreddits for reincarnation aren't as active as this forum is.

inhaltslos likes this.
  4. mariah

mariah Active Member

This seems as good a place as any for my first post...

Almost ten years ago, I had what I believed was a spontaneous flash of past life memory, or what I came to believe was such after an intense period of questioning and reflection. Using self-guided regression audio, I was able to obtain additional information from that life as well as a few snatches from a second life that came through. These experiences connected a lot of dots for me about who I am and other mysterious things that have happened to me in this life, and, to the extent that I have been able to verify information from those "visions" and been shocked by what I found, they have remained vividly with me as the years have gone by.

I think that relatively brief period of intense recall was brought on by a time of great personal change that echoed very closely situations from those visions. As my life has moved on and circumstances have changed, I have had far fewer spontaneous instances of recall, despite carrying the awareness of those recalls very much in mind. I had a travel experience last year that revivified it all for me, and I have found myself increasingly caught up in the desire to dig deeper into those lives and whatever else may remain for me to discover.

I am glad to have found this community!

Speedwell likes this.
  5. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi mariah, glad that you found us.Self discovery is a big part of this forum. I'm amazed at the connections that are generated world-wide here on this forum that I hope everyone will contribute to to keep it going in the future.

mariah likes this.
  6. Vogue_1983.

Vogue_1983. Senior Member

True.I didn't even consider looking for a sub Reddit on Reddit because you can't guarantee everyone to be serious on such subreddits.So I just went straight to Google lol

7. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I found the subreddits just out of curiosity and the folks there are surprisingly serious.

The posts were fine and the responses helpful, but the problem I had was that there was maybe one a day at the most and very few responses.

8. Dean

Dean Member

Personal experience, from England

ETA: I'm looking very grumpy and serious in my posts! My phone emojis don't appear to work! I ended the post with a :D!

9. M00nst0ne

M00nst0ne I Ate'nt Dead

Hi all! I came here because after perusing Michael Newton's books for several years and taking an online course recently, I was finally able to create something resembling a LBL experience for myself. There's no one in my meatspace life to talk with about it, and I thought this might be a good community to begin more actively exploring related experiences and beliefs (my own and others').

10. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

11. CalicoJack

CalicoJack New Member

Like M00nst0ne, I don't have a lot of people I can speak to about this sort of thing in my offline life, so this looked like a great place to interact with others with the shared interest. I was a skeptic (I'm a skeptic about everything until facts prove differently) but I've read too much on the topic of reincarnation for me not to believe in it. The studies are there, the experiences are there. Now I'm beginning to explore it in a personal way, by examining my life and experiences and attempting regressions.

And no, I wasn't Jack Rackham in a past life (I don't think, because that would be too incredible). It's just been my internet handle for awhile as he is an historical figure that I've studied and connected with in a big way. Even though there's not a whole lot of his life documented, what I have studied shows me that I'm a lot like him in the way we approach life - that never-give-up attitude even when you're not necessarily the best at what you do.

M00nst0ne and fireflydancing like this.