• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What does your user name say about you?

Hi, don't think have answered this before. I chose mine very quickly and no real meaning except i love looking at the stars, especially on a clear night.

my grandfather used to sing the song when he was alive also;)

It's the first letter of my first name, then my whole middle name, and then the first letter of my last name. :)

I love ancient Egypt, Ankhe, is the first part of the Egyptian queen Ankhesenamun, so I thought it fitting.

Recently I have changed it to Nefer-Ankhe, Living beauty aha, or one with good life ;D.

Mine is in honor of a cat friend who used to live in the neighborhood until her family moved away. I loved that little cat.

First & last initials followed by the state of Arizona where I'm currently residing.

I dodged a bullet by keeping it simple. My first thought was "Therapist" in assuming I needed one with the memories of a past life in my head but as soon as I typed it I saw it could be misunderstood as "The-Rapist". LOL After I was done laughing I changed it to what you see now.

cover face

My username is chosen because its attractive and British (of the Celtic variety). Its basically a Welsh name....and guess where it is that I am now moving to....and I've been told I have a slight Welsh accent (even though I'm not Welsh and have never lived there).

Apart from that...I'm slightly wild/slightly fey/not at all politically correct and I like to be helpful and friendly with people in neighbourhood - all of which apparently means I should fit in just fine in a small Welsh location like the one I have chosenLOL

I go by my Irish name Grainne, (pronounced Grawnyah.) I feel it is a strong connection to my past lives. :)

I chose Pyewacket because it's associated with cats. It was the name of the beautiful Siamese cat in "Bell, Book and Candle".

I love cats and have rescued more than a dozen or so over the years. Plus, it's a fun name to say. LOL

'Spitfire' is a name I pen for myself everywhere I go and is also the name of my blog. It's entirely to do with my feelings towards the Spitfire plane (and the Hurricane, but the Spitfire even more so) and the RAF during WWII. Though I've been using the name Spitfire for several years now, it hadn't occurred to me that it may have something to do with a past life - up until recently. I feel such passion for that era, vehemently opposed to the axis - and Winston Churchill has been my idol since I was little. More and more, this is leading me to believe I was a member of the British forces during the war!

SkyeSpitfire said:
Though I've been using the name Spitfire for several years now, it hadn't occurred to me that it may have something to do with a past life - up until recently. I feel such passion for that era, vehemently opposed to the axis - and Winston Churchill has been my idol since I was little. More and more, this is leading me to believe I was a member of the British forces during the war!
Yes, these are strong clues to a past life. Are you in the UK?

argonne1918 said:
Yes, these are strong clues to a past life. Are you in the UK?
Yes - England!

One day, an old flame of mine and I were driving in the countryside - great to get out of London for a while - and by pure accident we chanced upon Bleinheim Palace where Churchill was born. Of course, once realizing where we were, I had to visit - and in that same day, I visited his grave which is in a small, rather deserted but beautiful cometary not far from the palace. I visited his birthplace and his grave in the same day and I still feel it was one of the most incredible days of my life.

SkyeSpitfire said:
..we chanced upon Bleinheim Palace where Churchill was born. Of course, once realizing where we were, I had to visit - and in that same day, I visited his grave which is in a small, rather deserted but beautiful cometary not far from the palace. I visited his birthplace and his grave in the same day and I still feel it was one of the most incredible days of my life.
I was about 14 or 15 when he died. I remember we saw the funeral live by satellite TV here in the States. It was one of the very first satellite TV events. I remember at some point his casket was put on a small boat. Maybe going home to be buried? You may not know this but Sir Winston is the reason the U.S. and U.K. are such great friends today. Before Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941 most people in the U.S. were against entering the War. The working class had large numbers of Irish and German immigrants who hated the British. But the pictures and newsreels of Churchill walking the streets and talking to people during the Blitz and his speeches did a lot to win people over. And in 1946 he was the one who coined the term "Iron Curtain".

argonne1918 said:
I was about 14 or 15 when he died. I remember we saw the funeral live by satellite TV here in the States. It was one of the very first satellite TV events. I remember at some point his casket was put on a small boat. Maybe going home to be buried? You may not know this but Sir Winston is the reason the U.S. and U.K. are such great friends today. Before Pearl Harbor was bombed in 1941 most people in the U.S. were against entering the War. The working class had large numbers of Irish and German immigrants who hated the British. But the pictures and newsreels of Churchill walking the streets and talking to people during the Blitz and his speeches did a lot to win people over. And in 1946 he was the one who coined the term "Iron Curtain".
Yes ... he is a huge idol of mine! And if it wasn't for the courage and strength he held and instilled in the people, who knows if we would be here now to be able to discuss this? I get boiling mad when people (especially in my generation!) don't recognize what he did or, worse, don't even know who he was! A poll several years ago showed two-thirds of teens and people in their twenties under the impression that Churchill was a fictional being, under a sort of legendary status like Robin Hood! Since I was about 12, I felt compelled to inform my peers about him - which usually resulted in bullies attempting to target me ... I say attempting! Lol.

SkyeSpitfire said:
Since I was about 12, I felt compelled to inform my peers about him - which usually resulted in bullies attempting to target me ... I say attempting! Lol.
Do you realize this is a strong past life memory? What else? Any memories of the War? Likes and dislikes?

argonne1918 said:
Do you realize this is a strong past life memory? What else? Any memories of the War? Likes and dislikes?
Unfortunately, I haven't experienced any memories of my past lives, apart from the one where my family were killed in the village and occasional flashes about being a teenage musician. No memories that I can particularly recollect - though when I'm confronted with something depicting the war, a place, a person, a book, film, a speech - I'm overcome by this feeling of passion that I can't quite describe and tears come to my eyes! But the tears aren't from sorrow exactly - it's always because of a comradeship and the sort of tears you get when there's been so much suffering but there was victory in the end. I do like - love, rather! - going to museums to see the planes, reading books on the topic, including fiction, such as 'The Eagle has Landed' (which is my favourite book ever) and films such as 'The Great Escape' really get to me. Another thing I've noticed is that whenever there is anything depicting a band of brothers who are working together to defeat a common enemy, this touches me really deeply. It's something I feel is missing from my life. On dislikes, I have a strong dislike for Hitler and everything he stood for, especially the evils that were carried out under his regime - though I'm not sure if this means anything, because I assume that's how many people would feel!

I've always been a fan of love stories with soul mates, and I was fortunate enough to find mine at the early age of 14!! My love of yesterday, and wife of today always had the online persona of pyronsanity. Obviously I decided to be the fuel to her flame and became pyrosfuel. Ill be 26 in 5 months so we've been together for a while that seems like a blink of an eye. One thing you have to realize about fire is you have to have something to keep it lit, I think we kinda keep each other alive on this one,

Deborah said:
I am curious why members pick the names they do. Is it your real name? A past life name? A symbolic name? What does your user name mean to you?
Mine - really is Deborah. :coffee:
I'm a brony and I can relate to Twilight Sparkle; now Princess Twilight Sparkle in the 4th season, in many ways so I chose Twilight as my profile name.

My user name is 'deChelca'. It's an Old English and original version of my family name. It's proven as being about 900 years old, with anecdotal evidence of it being around before the Norman invasion of England in the year 1066. There's more to it, of course, but we're not here for a history lesson. :tongue:

I use it all over the internet as a way of both honouring my family, and separating me from the millions of other net users. :)

We are really "in" to history lessons, deChelca. Most of us are fascinated with history, and for good reason.

Back