• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What happened when you first remembered your past life?

Trent McDaniel

Did it take time? Was it instantly? Was it since you were a child? What did it take for you to remember and was it a sudden BOOM holy crap I remember! Or was it you get a thought in your head and have to slowly think hard and then boom you finally remember but it takes time and effort just interested in others because I haven’t remembered mine completely yet.

Hi Trent.

I had two thousand years of knowledge ( fractured memories, not every experience and it hadn't yet coalesced ) downloaded into me in the space of eight days. I buckled under the weight of it.

I've had more memories since but that initial dawning was very traumatic.

You will probably get a different answer from everyone who replies to your post. My most recent PL was during the WWII era this reflected itself in an unusual interest in the German language and all things German when I was a child. How many 6 year old children these days tell their mothers they want to learn German? How many young children tell their mothers they are German when there's no German lineage in the family? I also had recurring nightmares about being in a car traveling through a town at a high rate of speed heading down hill and then being involved in some sort of explosion. In retrospect, it's pretty obvious this was past life related but at the time it was puzzling to my mother and that nightmare was awful.

I don't remember any of this coming on suddenly. It's just who I was.

I'd had inklings of a past, several pasts actually, through the years. Then, I was sat at home one day and had the urge to listen to Edith Piaf. Something French, really. So, I did. And, I was taken in instant to a basement café with faces that were familiar but as yet nameless. The answers kind of trickled out from there, as though I was going from face to face in the café and getting a piece of the puzzle from each of them. That's my artistic/creative interpretation of my journey. Of one life. There are others I haven't dived into, yet, as I'm quite comfortable in the WWII memories still. Occasionally, I'll be overwhelmed with the urge to ride a horse across humid plains someplace, but I'm not ready to move from the café.

I saw one when I was a child. I was seeing what I believe to be the Roman Colosseum in its prime, but my little American self couldn't interpret it. I just knew that it was me getting led onto the main floor.

Honestly, I put it out of my head for years until I dreamt about that life. I was kind of dazed when I woke up, but it wasn't a shocking thing for me. Just kind of an "oh yeah, that's right," moment. The rest just kind of came in bits and pieces.

Last edited:
Since I was a child, my mother asked me about my obsession with umbrellas, rain, and winter clothes. I said many things about my recent past life. I drew on the walls of the house. When I learned to write, I didn't stop writing songs or phrases. I always had a very creative mind, so I thought all those memories were invented by my mind.

When I turned fifteen, I discovered self-hypnosis, regressions to past lives, and reincarnation. I read many books, until I had my first self-hypnosis, discovering a past life. The first past life I found was one where my name was Carl. I was a homeless boy who died at the age of thirteen. I saw my feet covered in socks with holes in them. It was horrible! Ever since I was a little girl I was afraid of socks with holes in them. If, for some reason, one of my socks has a hole in it, my anxiety increases, because I think I'm going to get sick and die.

However, I still have a vagabond style (clothes). My mother always says to me, "You look like a girl who lives on the street. I've spent a lot of money on new clothes for you to wear those old, torn clothes"

So...

5-10 years old, I remembered very important things.

11-14 years old, I didn't remember anything, but I was always curious about languages, countries, songs from the 70's, 80's, 90's, among other things.

15-20 years, I discovered some of my past lives. Some past lives are more interesting than others, but in each of them, I discovered traumas, phobias, and problems. At first I was scared, but now I feel calm.

I never had memories.. Just the opposite, I had huge gaping holes in my memory that were filled with tip of my tounge experiences from day 1 as far as I can remember.

Probably the first direct thing I experienced was seeing a neon sign outside of a Chinese restaurant. I knew it was the most important thing I had seen in my life so far. I asked my mom what it was and I stared at it as long as I could.

I think subconsciously I can remember how to read Chinese. I filled out a form for a Chinese Facebook while I was doing research and selected the town I was from and a few other details correctly. The choices were in Chinese.

I wouldn't day I had an aha moment where I remembered anything. I only had one, well two dreams I was able to verify.

From the research I did on myself, I was able to put the pieces together and my aha moment was the grief and rage at realizing my friend now in this life, was my husband in my last and my marriage to him started a long slow tragic journey to my death at 39.

This is the “short” version :p

- I told my mum at age 4 that I saw ‘my handsome prince’ who was the love of my life in WWII and I knew who he was. She dismissed me as me having an over active imagination.

- When I was 6-7 that’s when my PL injuries started filtering through for me to heal. I would cry in pain from them and doctors dismissed them as ‘growing pains’ because no physical cause could be found.

- Nothing happened again untill I was in High School (ages 14-17) and I wanted to research the Germans in WWII and had a very strong interest in the SS and one particular gentleman. I found War History classes boring, because I knew there was more to it than what I was being taught.

- Then when I was about 20 years old when I was told I had serious PL residue to heal.. I dismissed it all again until I was 27.....

- When I was 27.... that’s when it really took hold. There’s much more that goes with this time, but briefly, I was writing a book, then the writing triggered the memories and they all came out thick and fast, with lots of residue and lots of trauma. I developed Complex PTSD as a result.

Since then (I’m 32 now), I’ve been working on it slowly, met my guides one of which, was who I saw when I was 4 years old. I realised he and others had been with me my entire lifetime. I’ve discovered about four other lifetimes in the process some with very fleeting memories (Czech and Swedish lifetimes) small Fragments (American Civil War and Ancient Egypt) and one intact lifetime ( my German WWII) .

Eva x

I love reading everyone's story so far on this post :)

The first that I can remember it happening was when my mom wanted me to repeat the name Mamma (In Sweden for mom) to her. I don't know how young I was at the time. It was as if she was hitting me with a hammer over and over again. "Mamma!". I remember at that very moment that "you are not my mama", a very strong feeling. Like is she kidding me? What is she doing? I remember an Italian Mama, madre, not her. Someone I loved so much. Someone I knew loved me. It was as if my heart exploded from knowing and from missing her.

My mother would as I was older complain that she never knew what she done wrong but she could tell I did not like her.

I remember seeing my fat little body as a toddler and thinking to myself that this body was much more harder to co-ordinate than my real body, that of a grown woman.

These were just very strong emotions that hit me, I don't think I had the ability to think in words (but at least I understood myself, right=).

When starting school I envied another girl because of her name alone: Anna. This because I knew that was my real name...

One day found myself in the same countries, in the same cities as Anna had been. I saw WW2 in the city of old Rome. I was maybe 6 at the time I think and my mom who I told did not know what to do or what to say. Then when I went to the US. Boy, Oh, boy. I was now a teenager. I started to remember. I was both happy, sad, confused and disoriented at times. Mother would later said I said to her that I had come home.

I was able to find Anna and her family. She had died few years before I was born, quite young. Seeing loved ones on old photographs was huge. Just huge. I can't put words to it. I was about to faint. I would wake up the next day and think it was just a dream.

I think why kids talk of past lives is that their left side is not up and running yet and they think and speak with the direction of that nothing is wrong or right, it just is. Think something happens too when you are a teenager, all those hormones running around. One is much more outside one own's skin, trying to find one self, I think - at least for me - that one is more open then, more sensitive.

Meditation did not work for me for a long time until I realized I really had to shut down the left side of my brain. Be like a child - just accept things and just don't let any thoughts or feelings go through the usual filter.

On the other hand my filter is not really that strong anyhow.

I've had dreams of other past lives as well but I disregarded them as imagination. My focus was always on Anna's life. It was not until later that my interest began to discover other past lives.

Why I think everything began with Anna is that it was my most recent past life. Death came suddenly, not expected. I did not feel finished with that life. I worried about the kids, about how the father would go about. The life was exploding with emotions, strong such from WW2, from leaving one family and trying a new life in a new country and not speaking the language. The addiction to the pills, the emotional roller cost ride that was. I was reborn within a ten year period which meant I was being exposed to the same fashion, interior design of the 1970's so to me a lot looked pretty much the same, also being exposed through Television to the American and English language so it was close but still far away.

Last edited:
I suppose it was years after when looking back that I realize the potential truth that the persistent and horrifying nightmare from early childhood til about 6-7 years of age could be from scene from a past life.

I had forgotten about this nightmare when I was visiting the US when being older. Then, really out of the blue, there in the US, I began to slip into another woman's memories. I did not think "Oh, this was me". I thought: I have gone crazy? Must be the sun? I have too much imagination?Lots of things.

I did not want to draw attention to me or talk about what was happening so I kept it to myself and was told I was different from time to time, introverted.

It all began with me feeling very familiar around certain areas in the US and then we were in this little store where they sold postcards, all kinds. My eyes fell on an old black and white postcard of a young man. He was an actor who had died long ago. It was like seeing someone I knew for sure. Not just recognize on the screen, but knew as I would have known a family member, that close. But I did not know who he was, why I felt this way.

As he appeared in my flashbacks and even dreams I thought for sure it had to be imagination but I could not control anything. When daydreaming one can. Also they were so short and I did not understand the point of any of it.

I think it was because I was very strong in my own identity and to suddenly be someone else, even if it lasted only few seconds, was too much. I would get dizzy. We had much to do, much to see when traveling in the US. I did not have time for this. I got so tired, right after experiencing a memory.

I thought it would stop when I returned home, but it didn't. Instead it increased. During flashbacks I could feel, see, smell things down to the detail. I began to keep a journal. Draw things. I felt silly at times. The first time I had a flashback of what she looked like was when she was crying in the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Her eye make up had run down her cheeks. That was a bit of a shock. Not just that she was upset but her face.

I went to the library to borrow material from the US about the long deceased actor. This was long before Internet. I started to compare as much as I could of the past girlfriends he had had to see if any of them fit my experiences.

Then I began to have flashbacks after accidentally seeing an old black and white movie one evening of another American actor. Then my flashbacks started about him. I had had one or two before but did not then understand who he was, he had just been a face at a party at someone's home, or been the one to give her a smile as he drove a car where she and other people were in. I realized who he was in the film. He was young in it. I found the same girl in both these actor's life. Still, being a skeptic, I thought it can't be...My excuse for it being imagination was that I saw the actor in a country environment, Hollywood and glamour was as far as possible. If anything I would have thought he was a farmer or something. One of my experiences was that she cared for a cat and he took the cat to live with him, out there in the country somewhere. Much later I saw a photograph of the actor with the same cat I had seen, but I thought it could very well be coincidence. I experienced them being on a bridge by a lake. Years to come I got hold of information that revealed that the actor had bought a place out in the country. Then another time I had seen the other actor play with a dog that I too was much later to see a photograph of.

For years it was as if my brain was both a believer and a skeptic and I would switch between the two.

It was not until I one day after having carried this with me for several years confided in someone who was my friend who then surprised me saying she knew, and she had recognized me the first time she saw me but said she was glad because I was so gutsy and happy going these days and we had been friends back then too. She said "I" had begun to look depressed and would not say much and be frighten and she could not figure out why. I had felt this a lot in my flashbacks but she did not know. She knew little things about the husband that neither of us could look up at the time. We had a few common memories as well. I had felt so alone with this that it was simply awesome for her to have been going through the same thing. So that was a big WOW moment.

I made a second trip to the US, went to a library and began my search. I found things to validate some flashbacks. When one thing after another turned out to be how I had remembered it I was so shaken. Especially when seeing and/or reading about some people I had remembered.

So my symptoms when realizing was getting dizzy, feeling as if I was to throw up, wanting to cry, it felt as if my heart was breaking. I missed the people she had held so close to her heart.

When things got calmed down I appreciated what I had found out, but knew there was no way to prove that it was this way and that was not either why I had done this journey. It was to try to get answers, for my own sake. Most of all I wished for her to have peace. I was able to find out what had happened to those she cared about which meant a lot to me.

/Jaimie
Thanks for the long input I’d say I’m the complete opposite in the light that usually I have to fire myself to remember certain things about my past life, once I force myself I have gotten dreams and visions of certain things in dreams and even felt like I had switched personalities or people completely. Thanks again

I had never put these together here on the forum all together, but it has been a strange day so...

The first big memory:

When I was perhaps five years old, I was standing on the sidewalk behind our house near where it turned to go down to the “burning pit” that used to be where an out-house once stood. My dad was up in a mulberry tree near the edge of the yard by the creek-bank doing some pruning. The grass had been freshly cut and I was standing there remembering all of the souls that I had been with not too long ago. It was the first time that I really felt “stuck” in this body. I was thinking about this and was wondering why I was in this particular body.

I do not recall which came first, my thoughts about my soul in this body or my wondering about the grass that had recently been cut into pieces and wondered about the damage to it (pain, the wrongness of the cutting, etc.). I then went to where Dad was working and asked him about something that was important to me, but cannot recall what it was other than related to what was going through my mind. His “adult” response did not address my question as I recall and felt left to learn the answer on my own.

My feeling was that up until that point that the soul could go into and out of bodies easily. I also have the memory of being with, and seeing, other souls without bodies; I recall rounded rectangular shaped bubbles for some reason.

My second memory:
When I was maybe five to seven years old I recalled a sky with two suns in it. The one on the right was a little lower than the other one, and they were almost the same size and brightness. I was near the fence at the north edge of our property and the sun at that time reminded me of this memory. I later told my parents, or my mother and sister, who told me that that could “not be”.

My Third Experience:
As perhaps everyone has had, I have had experiences where I have done strange things. I recall having a car-full of kids my age (15-17) while approaching a hard-right turn on a two-lane road where vegetation obscured the view completely. For some reason I braked hard and started blowing my horn BEFORE I saw an oncoming car rounding the bend in my lane. My guide has protected me for a long time!

My fourth memory:
In 1964, when married and living near to Dayton Ohio, I was taking pictures of my children in their Easter outfits. I was taking my daughter Terri Lyn’s picture near the door to the kitchen when I saw her as if seeing her for the first time even though she was about three years old. This puzzled me for quite some time until later while reading about how souls usually travel together with other souls in groups. This understanding covered me with a warmth of understanding that gave me a very peaceful feeling.

My fifth experience:
About 1967, I was walking to my pickup truck to go to work (I was a union ironworker at the time) when I had some very strong feelings. My pickup was parked in the driveway in front of my house; I suddenly “knew” that there was a bomb in/on my truck. It made no sense to me, but the feeling was strong and would not lessen with reason. I searched under the hood, inside the cab, under the dash, and inside the gas filler tube. After cautiously starting it and driving to work in Dayton, I learned that the assistant-business agent’s car was blown up with a bomb that morning at about that time.

Although this experience was different it evoked strong feelings that were not understood at that time.

As most everyone has had, I have had instances when I knew things like the next card that would be dealt and things like that, but that is not what I’m talking about exactly. This is about actions that affect everything else in the universe.

My sixth experience:
Another “unexplainable” thing occurred while working on a building in Hamilton Ohio. While I was eating lunch in the parking lot, I noticed a young lady that worked in the building embracing and kissing a young man, I had no idea who the man was or their relationship. Later when I was in the office where she worked and in front of several of her co-workers, I blurted out that “Someone was watching you kiss that fellow in the parking lot”. I wondered to myself who I was talking about and why I would say such a thing. It was like I was playing a game; not sure if it was “sport” or caused by something more.

She would ask questions and answers would come out of my mouth. “What did he look like?” – “I don’t know; he was in a car” – “What color was the car?” – “Green” (I was imaging a friend’s car) – “What kind of car?” – “Small; maybe a Volkswagen”. It appeared that my answers fit her reality and shook her deeply. Very strange experience! It seems that this might be a case of her guide using me to get her attention.

My seventh experience:
In the fall of 1975, I had an encounter with a highly intelligent and stout feminist that included a "happening". I was aware of doing something with complete knowledge even though it came from a “different lifetime”. I had absolutely no idea about what I was doing yet knew exactly what I was doing at the same time!

Number 8 - Hearing my guide’s voice:
A few years ago, probably 2010, I was driving on a four-lane divided highway approaching an overpass while in the left lane going about seventy-five miles an hour passing some trucks, when a voice that was OUTSIDE of me, at about my left shoulder, said “It will happen so fast” and then “You won’t be able to do anything about it”. It was a male voice that was neither really familiar nor unfamiliar when recalling it.

Note: my DSI modified van has very quick steering; a half turn of the small steering wheel goes to both extents of the steering mechanism. I immediately started working my way across traffic to the right lane where I slowed to 60 – 65 miles an hour. I have no idea why I moved my hand from the steering wheel, but I did; I bumped it and the van lurched left. I grabbed the wheel and over corrected to the right, then over corrected to the left, and the fishtail grew until I did a 270 degree clockwise spin and crossed two empty entry-lanes from another road and ended up off the road about fifty feet and facing the highway.

I had bent two rims as they encountered the ground rising just beyond the berm of the highway, but other than the mud that seemed to have to attached itself to a lot of places under the van and the loss of a hubcap, I was all right. I returned later with my son-in-law who retrieved the hubcap for me.

I had always believed that everyone had guides that were always with us, so although the “voice” very much got my attention, I knew who it was. The American Indians hold this belief/knowledge, so it should be familiar to everyone in America who has read much about these beliefs.

Memories through meditation May-June 2019:
I had asked for a ‘peaceful’ memory of a past life and was shown two partially moving pictures. I saw myself leaning against a door-frame between two rooms, feeling unsteady, with a thin boy standing before me that appeared to be about eight years old. I saw this from a position of about six feet behind and a little above. I seemed to have a dark funky blob on my head as though it was a hat of some kind, but the next image revealed that it was my hair and that I was a woman.

This second image included the feelings of love and pride that I had in this young man that felt was my son. I was lying on my back in bed and he was at my physical left side, and I was smiling at him with a great feeling of love. I believe that it was another lifetime with Terri. It is difficult to imagine my being a female, which was why I could not understand the dark blob on my head – a bun of some kind since I had it while in the bed scene also.

A month later I had an ‘opening’ into seeing on the other-side that was full of souls, presumably all trying to communicate with me, jostling around that looked like fluffy tennis-balls in all colors that were packed fairly tightly yet in motion. I experienced meeting God and Jesus, and had some things explained to me.

Last happening
While at a doctor's office, I knew that death was near a relative of his and prescribed Soul Survivor to him. I don't know the result.

Other Early knowings
It seems that I’ve always known that people of an early age knew how to levitate big stones using sound.

I cannot remember the first time that I was conscious of that, but I was young. I recently did a computer search about that and found an article describing some Buddhists doing it. I seem to have also always known two Biblical related items, 1) that Jesus was not born in December, 2) that Saul/Paul used an hallucinogen (which I think was common) while traveling on the road to Damascus.

To answer the OP, I think it was to prepare me for the life I was to lead and support me as I lived it.

Last edited:
I had never put these together here on the forum all together, but it has been a strange day so...

The first big memory:

When I was perhaps five years old, I was standing on the sidewalk behind our house near where it turned to go down to the “burning pit” that used to be where an out-house once stood. My dad was up in a mulberry tree near the edge of the yard by the creek-bank doing some pruning. The grass had been freshly cut and I was standing there remembering all of the souls that I had been with not too long ago. It was the first time that I really felt “stuck” in this body. I was thinking about this and was wondering why I was in this particular body.

I do not recall which came first, my thoughts about my soul in this body or my wondering about the grass that had recently been cut into pieces and wondered about the damage to it (pain, the wrongness of the cutting, etc.). I then went to where Dad was working and asked him about something that was important to me, but cannot recall what it was other than related to what was going through my mind. His “adult” response did not address my question as I recall and felt left to learn the answer on my own.

My feeling was that up until that point that the soul could go into and out of bodies easily. I also have the memory of being with, and seeing, other souls without bodies; I recall rounded rectangular shaped bubbles for some reason.

My second memory:
When I was maybe five to seven years old I recalled a sky with two suns in it. The one on the right was a little lower than the other one, and they were almost the same size and brightness. I was near the fence at the north edge of our property and the sun at that time reminded me of this memory. I later told my parents, or my mother and sister, who told me that that could “not be”.

My Third Experience:
As perhaps everyone has had, I have had experiences where I have done strange things. I recall having a car-full of kids my age (15-17) while approaching a hard-right turn on a two-lane road where vegetation obscured the view completely. For some reason I braked hard and started blowing my horn BEFORE I saw an oncoming car rounding the bend in my lane. My guide has protected me for a long time!

My fourth memory:
In 1964, when married and living near to Dayton Ohio, I was taking pictures of my children in their Easter outfits. I was taking my daughter Terri Lyn’s picture near the door to the kitchen when I saw her as if seeing her for the first time even though she was about three years old. This puzzled me for quite some time until later while reading about how souls usually travel together with other souls in groups. This understanding covered me with a warmth of understanding that gave me a very peaceful feeling.

My fifth experience:
About 1967, I was walking to my pickup truck to go to work (I was a union ironworker at the time) when I had some very strong feelings. My pickup was parked in the driveway in front of my house; I suddenly “knew” that there was a bomb in/on my truck. It made no sense to me, but the feeling was strong and would not lessen with reason. I searched under the hood, inside the cab, under the dash, and inside the gas filler tube. After cautiously starting it and driving to work in Dayton, I learned that the assistant-business agent’s car was blown up with a bomb that morning at about that time.

Although this experience was different it evoked strong feelings that were not understood at that time.

As most everyone has had, I have had instances when I knew things like the next card that would be dealt and things like that, but that is not what I’m talking about exactly. This is about actions that affect everything else in the universe.

My sixth experience:
Another “unexplainable” thing occurred while working on a building in Hamilton Ohio. While I was eating lunch in the parking lot, I noticed a young lady that worked in the building embracing and kissing a young man, I had no idea who the man was or their relationship. Later when I was in the office where she worked and in front of several of her co-workers, I blurted out that “Someone was watching you kiss that fellow in the parking lot”. I wondered to myself who I was talking about and why I would say such a thing. It was like I was playing a game; not sure if it was “sport” or caused by something more.

She would ask questions and answers would come out of my mouth. “What did he look like?” – “I don’t know; he was in a car” – “What color was the car?” – “Green” (I was imaging a friend’s car) – “What kind of car?” – “Small; maybe a Volkswagen”. It appeared that my answers fit her reality and shook her deeply. Very strange experience! It seems that this might be a case of her guide using me to get her attention.

My seventh experience:
In the fall of 1975, I had an encounter with a highly intelligent and stout feminist that included a "happening". I was aware of doing something with complete knowledge even though it came from a “different lifetime”. I had absolutely no idea about what I was doing yet knew exactly what I was doing at the same time!

Number 8 - Hearing my guide’s voice:
A few years ago, probably 2010, I was driving on a four-lane divided highway approaching an overpass while in the left lane going about seventy-five miles an hour passing some trucks, when a voice that was OUTSIDE of me, at about my left shoulder, said “It will happen so fast” and then “You won’t be able to do anything about it”. It was a male voice that was neither really familiar nor unfamiliar when recalling it.

Note: my DSI modified van has very quick steering; a half turn of the small steering wheel goes to both extents of the steering mechanism. I immediately started working my way across traffic to the right lane where I slowed to 60 – 65 miles an hour. I have no idea why I moved my hand from the steering wheel, but I did; I bumped it and the van lurched left. I grabbed the wheel and over corrected to the right, then over corrected to the left, and the fishtail grew until I did a 270 degree clockwise spin and crossed two empty entry-lanes from another road and ended up off the road about fifty feet and facing the highway.

I had bent two rims as they encountered the ground rising just beyond the berm of the highway, but other than the mud that seemed to have to attached itself to a lot of places under the van and the loss of a hubcap, I was all right. I returned later with my son-in-law who retrieved the hubcap for me.

I had always believed that everyone had guides that were always with us, so although the “voice” very much got my attention, I knew who it was. The American Indians hold this belief/knowledge, so it should be familiar to everyone in America who has read much about these beliefs.

Memories through meditation May-June 2019:
I had asked for a ‘peaceful’ memory of a past life and was shown two partially moving pictures. I saw myself leaning against a door-frame between two rooms, feeling unsteady, with a thin boy standing before me that appeared to be about eight years old. I saw this from a position of about six feet behind and a little above. I seemed to have a dark funky blob on my head as though it was a hat of some kind, but the next image revealed that it was my hair and that I was a woman.

This second image included the feelings of love and pride that I had in this young man that felt was my son. I was lying on my back in bed and he was at my physical left side, and I was smiling at him with a great feeling of love. I believe that it was another lifetime with Terri. It is difficult to imagine my being a female, which was why I could not understand the dark blob on my head – a bun of some kind since I had it while in the bed scene also.

A month later I had an ‘opening’ into seeing on the other-side that was full of souls, presumably all trying to communicate with me, jostling around that looked like fluffy tennis-balls in all colors that were packed fairly tightly yet in motion. I experienced meeting God and Jesus, and had some things explained to me.

Last happening
While at a doctor's office, I knew that death was near a relative of his and prescribed Soul Survivor to him. I don't know the result.

Other Early knowings
It seems that I’ve always known that people of an early age knew how to levitate big stones using sound.

I cannot remember the first time that I was conscious of that, but I was young. I recently did a computer search about that and found an article describing some Buddhists doing it. I seem to have also always known two Biblical related items, 1) that Jesus was not born in December, 2) that Saul/Paul used an hallucinogen (which I think was common) while traveling on the road to Damascus.

To answer the OP, I think it was to prepare me for the life I was to lead and support me as I lived it.
I never realized other people had guides? I also often get voices in my head telling me to do certain actions and 80% of the time they help me or are true these voices started probably beginning of high school for me. When I try to ignore them well I pretty much can’t they keep learking in my head I thought i was crazy. Also any tips on meditating? When trying to remember my past life I listen to music and look at pictures I try to calm myself and hear the music and picture things in my mind

Trent, the ones I've heard inside of my head seemed to be from myself, my guides, and from other spirits, I could never fully trust them although I trusted my guides. The warning that I spoke of definitely got my attention and got me into a safer place to have my 'accident' where no one was injured.

Did it take time? Was it instantly? Was it since you were a child? What did it take for you to remember and was it a sudden BOOM holy crap I remember! Or was it you get a thought in your head and have to slowly think hard and then boom you finally remember but it takes time and effort just interested in others because I haven’t remembered mine completely yet.
Allo.. for me, it started young then escalated in my teenage years. It came to a boil when I matched a travel poster to a recurring dream image and truly rocked my world upon my first visit to the city.
It did open my eyes. It forced me to accept I am on this plane to learn and grow.
-Grel

The first real memory I got a little over twenty years ago from meditation. My first thoughts were something like: this is not 12th century England and I am of the opposite gender, so it might be real and not just wishful thinking. Looking at my clothes: ...someone must have had a lot of money, but I can't have been important. Maybe second cousin or servant of someone?
(Still have no memories from 12th century England, by the way. One flash MIGHT belong there, but it could belong almost anywhen or anywhere.)

Before that, I didn't have any actual memories, just feeling drawn to different things (this country in this century, that country in that century, no matter whether I knew a lot or nothing about it) and a long list of phobias, liking or disliking people and things for no obvious reason, strange thoughts and ideas (for a woman born in the late 20th century) and so on.

Got more memories from different sources since.

It was slow but I think that was partly due to conditioning. I was raised black southern protestant, very socially conservative, everything they are afraid of is caused by demonic spirits and reincarnation is a major “heck nah!”. If I mention it to family they either ignore me or suggest I’m possessed.

As a young kid I remember thinking “I miss home” and writing it over and over again in a journal. My parents were worried but it was over their head so they ignored it. So I ignored it too until I couldn’t anymore as an adult.

Then it was like all the memories I had been ignoring came back one after another over a couple of months after I accepted them and the possibility of their validity.

I was thirteen when during a history class I heard the name of the area I lived in in a past life, for the first time in this lifetime, and had a panic attack because during the time period this history class was about, the area was lost to a neighbor country in a war, which in that moment seemed like the worst thing in the world that could possibly happen. Only I didn't know why I would feel like that about a place. Once I did more research about that area, I discovered my home wasn't actually part of the lost area, and you could say that's how my memories started coming back. That's the way I became conscious my experiences were past life memories, anyway. I had always had a pretty wild imagination so I had thought my experiences were just that, but this time I had proof of actually remembering specific things that had a real life parallel. So, after that I began looking at my other experiences in the light of the possibility of a past life, and suddenly a lot of things made sense. A lot of feelings, preferences, impressions, knowledge, and even things like my favourite childhood stories started to make a lot more sense.

Greetings Everybody!

I was thirteen years old when I first started to remember many of my past lives through past life dreams and when I had my very first past life dream also. Before I was thirteen years old I had never ever heard of or knew about the beliefs of reincarnation and of past lives before and I was mostly interested in medieval fantasy instead of the real historical middle ages (Even though I was still somewhat still interested in the real historical middle ages because I still really loved history and the middle ages were one of my favorite times in history but, not as much I was interested in medieval fantasy.) but, all of that drastically changed when I first started to remember my past lives at thirteen years old and when I first had my very first past life dream at thirteen years old also. I also remember a couple of days before I had my first past life dream, I was looking in a children's history book that I owned about the real historical middle ages and I remember thinking to myself how I was not that interested in the real historical middle ages than I was as interested in medieval fantasy because the real historical middle ages were not as fun and as interesting as King Arthur, his knights of the Round Table, Camelot, and etc as in medieval fantasy.

The very first past life that I remember and also my very first past life dream was about my past life as a early fifteenth century medieval French knight during the Hundred Years War (1337-1453.). I think my very first past life dream was the hybrid type and the most common type of past life dreams because of the presence and the combination of the all the realistic, factual, and historical accurate elements vs the personalized symbolic, archetypal symbolic, and historical inaccurate elements in my first past life dream.

In my very first past life dream, I remember riding on my horse with a whole lot of many other French knights and charging at the English army. As we were charging at the English knights, I remember a friend yelling to me, "The English knights want to take over France!". Then I remember a English knight that had on a (Either a barbute helmet or a similar type of helmet.) helmet with a opening for the face like the English knights' helmets in movie Braveheart came riding up to me and starting fighting with two swords and I ended up getting slashed right just above my left eye brow because I was not wearing my helmet. Then as soon as I received the wound to my head, I remember it went black and the dream suddenly ended.

In the dream, I remember having a super extreme and a super intense adrenaline rush because I was extremely scared and the extreme adrenaline rush seemed very real to me because it was super extreme and super intense and unlike anything that personally experienced in real life or/and dreamt of before. But, nevertheless, very surprisingly, even though I was super scared for my life, I stayed calm and kept on fighting even though I probably lost my life in the end.

Also in the dream, I remember where the English knight inflicted that wound to my head is also the very same exact spot where I was also wounded a very long time ago in this lifetime when I was very little because I was dancing and spinning around and accidently fell right into a very sharp pointed corner of a wooden coffee table that was in my living room. To this day, I still have a tiny little scar because of the accident.

IMG_1836.JPG IMG_1835.JPG

When I finally woke up from the dream, I remember that dream left such a very huge emotional impact on me that I immediately searched on the internet the very first chance I got to to find out exactly what was this type of dream, why did I dreamt this dream, did other people experienced other and had very similar dreams that seemed very real in many ways and unlike what they had experienced real life or dreamt of before, and etc and that is when I finally find out about reincarnation and past lives.

When I finally found out that my dream really could have been most likely a past life dream a whole new world of extremely fascinating and of endless possibilities opened up to me. Like the very real possibility to have actually have been a real knight in the Hundred Years War in the real historical middle ages and not the fantasy middle ages and that really got me extremely fascinated with the real middle ages and not so much the fantasy middle ages anymore. Back then as of now I really truly love the very high possibility of reincarnation and past lives being real because I really truly love history and I like many other history buffs instead of just only reading, watching, and learning about history I truly want to be to one with history/the past, and really truly want to have had really truly experienced first hand, made first hand, and had actually lived in history/the past first hand. I also really love that the idea that all of our past lives all throughout history/the past truly makes us who and what we are today though many of our likes, interests, hobbies, talents, and etc.

Sense then, I have had whole lot of past life dreams especially between the ages of thirteen years old and about sixteen/seventeen years old when had them very frequently but, very unfortunately when I entered my late teens when I was about eighteen years old I did not had them very often (Only just once in while.). And most unfortunately when I entered into my twenties and as of now being twenty eight years old I still have them but, only very rarely it seems and I really do not know why extremely unfortunately. Hopefully most of you have had, still have, and will continue to have (Knock on wood!) a whole lot of good luck having past life dreams than I have had recently.

Nevertheless, I am truly am super blessed to have had whole lot of past life dreams, have them printed out in a past life journal (Even though it was many years later until I finally decided to do so because I have such a good memory.), and to share them with all of you and other people as well! It has truly been one heck of a journey/a eye opener and I truly enjoyed most of it! Best of wishes and good luck to all you always!

Yours, VikingGirlTBird! :) ;)

Last edited:
I remembered most as a kid, so they were always there. My dad was pretty cool about letting me talk, and generally only got mildly creeped out when things were found that I had talked about for years. My mom tended to get irked at me.

One I remembered as a kid, but used meditation with a Buddhist temple to recall much more. I wish I had not.

One came out of the blue watching something on TV. I knew I had been alive during the time, but the who was sort of traumatic, and I was in my late 30s.

I actually had more problems being an older soul them my parents then anything else. My mom was on her 1st or second life, dad maybe 4th or 5th.

It was two and 1/2 years ago everything came together about my past life. I was a musician from Titanic, John law Hume. I’ve always had a fear of drowning, being frozen to death.. but never understood why until I went to the Titanic museum in Missouri. I felt like something was pulling me somewhere. As soon as I got to the musicians hall I stopped in front of my past life’s picture and instantly remembered. Ever since then I’ve had dreams (memories) of my past life on Titanic. Last night I dreamt of the captain again talking about the damage and you can see the fear in his eyes..

It was two and 1/2 years ago everything came together about my past life. I was a musician from Titanic, John law Hume. I’ve always had a fear of drowning, being frozen to death.. but never understood why until I went to the Titanic museum in Missouri. I felt like something was pulling me somewhere. As soon as I got to the musicians hall I stopped in front of my past life’s picture and instantly remembered. Ever since then I’ve had dreams (memories) of my past life on Titanic. Last night I dreamt of the captain again talking about the damage and you can see the fear in his eyes..
You didn't have a long career as a musician. Do you still have hunger for playing?

At first, I wasnt sure what to believe. If it was my imagination running wild, or not. I think I was trying to fall asleep at the time, and was daydreaming.

This was during the day, and I was around 11 or 12 years old at the time. I remember closing my eyes and seeing a glimpse of a painting, or a familiar image.

The image was soft. It reminded me of a scene you would see painted on the top of an 18th century harpsichord. I did not have any real knowledge on them. But the image was beautiful, like a dream. It showed a couple in 18th century clothing holding hands and walking through a park?

All I could see were puffy clouds and greenery. Anyway, I was always drawn to this era, and music. Still trying to figure it out

Back