What Jesus said about children who -- do not forget

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Deborah, Mar 6, 2001.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hello,

I thought I would share this little jewel of information in the hopes that it may help some of you who have children with so many memories. In the Pistis Sophia, an important collection of Gnostic manuscripts that astonished the academic world: and when translated literally means: "Knowledge- Wisdom" I found MANY references to reincarnation or transmigration which it is also called.

In it Jesus instructs the disciples as to how serious personal actions against others have repercussions in an ensuing life. But John asks a VERY interesting question -
    What will happen to a person who has committed no sin, but has done good persistently, yet has not found the mysteries?

Jesus replies;Such a person before birth, does not drink of the waters of forgetfulness. He receives rather a cup filled with thoughts of wisdom, and soberness in it. He is reborn into a body which can neither sleep nor forget because of the cup of soberness which has been handed to it.

In other words, children who are born 'remembering' have committed no sin. Remembering is intended to be a gift. The gift to "see" so they can search for the Great Mysteries that Jesus so eloquently spoke of. :)

2. Deborah

Hi,

I think I need to explain myself. As you have probably guessed by now, I have been here forever LOLOL. I have watched many people come and go with many questions regarding their children's experiences.

The reason I posted this thread was to possibly start a dialogue regarding the 'reasons' so many children are remembering in this day and age. I mean this is the age of Aquarius. :)

Carol's new book comes out this month regarding same family incarnations, and like you all I can hardly wait to read it!

I found the above reference very interesting as to why so many children -and I think it is evident by just looking at the posts in this section -- are not only remembering past life's, but seeing Light, spirits, and knowing much more than they should for their ages.

I am one that strongly believes that we are currently undergoing an evolution of consciousness, I am also inclined to believe that the children are pointing the way. They are US!

So with that said, I welcome any thoughts, experiences, and questions that we all may juggle around for possible reasons. And as I said before I am sure there are many. :)

3. Soulfulwings

Soulfulwings Senior Registered

Dear Deborah,

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU! I have been seeking a site that touches on the exact subject you mention.

My son is so gifted, so loving. I knew before his birth that he would be special. On the day of his birth, I witnessed many beautiful spirits in the delivery room. Can't explain it, I wasn't looking for them, and yet I know that they were there.

Anyway, because he has shared his knowledge at such an early age. My own spiritual awakening has become a beautiful journey.

I do realize that my son is not the only one. I realize that I am not the only mother to seek out more information in order to understand and help my child.

What you posted in regards to what Jesus said, has filled my heart with song! So beautiful and yet so true. Thank you for posting it...I know it will bring comfort to other parents that find it.

I hope I haven't rattled on too much. Just know that I'm grateful that you are bringing this subject up. We do need to share and learn from each other.

I look forward to Carol's new book.

Blessings,

Soulfulwings

4. Bob

Bob New Member

Hi Deborah,

I will add some thoughts and new perspectives on the issues you raise, inspired by my own dialogues with Jesus and other spiritual teachers.

Please understand that I have been observing essentially the same phenomena you talk about (spiritual awakening and remembering) for the past thirty years. One of the first questions that comes to mind is:

Are there more children remembering now than before? Or have children always remembered, but now more adults are paying attention to their remembering?

Personally I believe it's both.

When I started on a spiritual path consciously some thirty years ago, it was usually pretty hard for me to remember or to help other people remember. But through constant practice and constant remembering it has gotten much easier for me. With a small amount of effort and receptivity, I can now connect with the soul of anyone or anything, and I can help anyone remember. (Please understand that I am using the word "remember" in the broader context of remembering past lives, of remembering how to see Light, how to communicate with spirits, how to heal, how to connect with their own Soul, etc.)

My point is that yes, human consciousness is evolving; AND human consciousness evolves through each and every human being awakening their own consciousness. So, yes, something magical is happening on planet Earth, and:
    WE ARE THE MAGIC!

You quoted something Jesus said two thousand years ago. I would like to add something Jesus encourages me to do just about any time I am willing to listen to his guidance:

See everyone and everything the way Jesus sees them.

When I actually do this, I see the Light, the innocence, the Love, the spirit and the wisdom which resides within each and every being. It doesn't make any difference if they are a young or old, religious or atheist, service-minded or selfish, human or non-human.

The point I am making here is that anyone can remember, can awaken at any time. Yes, many children are pointing the way, and yes many adults are pointing the way. Yes, humanity as a whole is remembering more, and yes, remembering starts within each and every one of us.

You asked the reason that this evolution is happening now. I believe the most fundamental reason is that awakening is our deepest heart's desire. As for the timing of this awakening, for me it mostly remains a mystery. But I will say that I personally I am growing tired of forgetting, and I find true remembering to be much easier and much more joyous.

Blessings,

Bob

5. Deborah

Hi Soulfulwings and Bob,

You're very welcome Soulfulwings :) My intention is to open a dialogue about the possibilities and from many perspectives.

What I would like to do Bob is to be as specific as possible with regard to ancient religious texts and various cultural perspectives. Then extend the conversation to include the newest scientific findings.
    Another words ground the conversation.

By carefully laying out a grid, or markers --sign posts for understanding, it may help each individual weave together their own understanding -- specifically with regard to their children.

Soulfulwings - you mentioned that your son's 'memories and gifts' have brought growth and understanding to you as well.
    I think that is beautiful, and I am sure the "gifts" our children bring to us can be shared.

It's an interesting perspective when you look at other cultures who were not familiar with Jesus. The American Indian for example. The Ohiyesa tribe believes that one may be born more than once, and there are some that claim full knowledge of former incarnations.

But to coincide with Jesus statement, the Lenape of Delaware and New Jersey believe that it is the PURE IN HEART who recall their former lives. Another words they have committed no sin. ;)

Does anyone else know of a culture - or an ancient text that states something similar?
    I will look through my texts for more info too. *S*S*S

6. Bob

Bob New Member

Deear Deborah,

I find it intersting that you used the word "ground the conversation" to mean a discussion of ancient texts, cultural perspectives and scientific findings. For me "grounding" comes when I experience something for myself in my own life or when I help someone experience something for themselves. Discussions, such as the type you want to pursue, may be grounding, but they certainly are not my preferred way of doing so.

Anyway, we have differing perspectives on where to take this conversation, so I will leave you alone on this one.

Blessings,

bob

7. Deborah

HI Bob,

No need to go.... I understand completely what you mean by grounding..and it is a very valid 'meaning.' Both perspectives in my mind are necessary.

What I see here on the board though is a lot of people whose children are having EXPERIENCE'S but the parents have little or no frame of reference from which to balance those experiences.

I regret always being in a hurry, my posts are not always clear. But my intention is to spur some critical thinking here on the board. To possibly inspire others to research, and share.

Heh all you silent ones.....there is no such thing as a 'dumb' question! We are all learning and sharing helps everyone! And if no one reply's -- I cannot have a conversation alone! LOLOLOLOL

So with that said.....I would like to go back to the issues at hand. BUT gotta run!! LOLOLOL ---- sorry I'll be back later *S*S*S*S

8. Soulfulwings

Dear Deborah,

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I will be posting some of the books, passages, etc. that have helped me on my journey.....actually I'm still looking for more.

It will take me a little bit to gather and compose what I want to send to you. I was thinking about The Book of Thomas, Lost Books of the Bible, etc. Are these the type of books you are interested in? There are others, but as I type this the titles aren't coming to me.

I'm in a bit of a rush myself. Please bear with me and know that I think that what you are doing is important.

Blessings,

Soulfulwings

9. Deborah

HI Soulfulwings,

The Book of Thomas is wonderful! Please post whatever you find here, that would be great! I hope others do the same if they have references to ancient texts.

I came across some very interesting concepts in P.M.H. Atwater book "Children of the New Millennium" She is a great researcher.

In her book she states that she has searched studies done on childhood behavior and development and found that kids between three and five have no natural sense of time or space. Future for example does not appear as "future" to children.

Her book focuses on children and NDE's - and she speaks eloquently about children who see the "future." My thought is though that if children have no natural sense of time or space then this would also apply to their understanding of things "past."

To me this seems to be one of the Reasons children so easily slip into knowing more than they should and remembering so clearly their Past Lives.

10. DJ

DJ Senior Registered

All,

I remember when I was very very young in this life, and the world was HUGE. Everything mattered. A few minutes playing with a doll was an event.

I also remember, at 2, I was contemplating the fact, despite me being full aware of my age, that I could not have *existed* for only 2 years.

I also considered, at 2, of whom I might marry in this lifetime, later on. I wondered who he was. However, I had no real concrete idea of 20 or 30 years or whatever down the road. The younger I was, the less I considered/followed "time" as we know it, and the more I lived in the *now.* The older we become, however, the more we are expected to become responsible and hence the more we must live by the clock.

Light,

DJ

11. Deborah

Hi DJ,

Thanks for sharing! TIME really doesn't matter - it's all an illusion - but I know you know that ;)

Soulfulwings...have you found anything in the "Book of Thomas" yet?

12. Soulfulwings

Deborah,

Hello. I must appolagize for my lateness. I did find the papers I had saved on "The Gospel of Thomas". But I'm sorry to say that I spoke out of turn, because I've read them over again and can't find the reference that I THOUGHT was there.

When I began my journey for more understanding I read soooo much from soooo many different places. This Gospel does indeed speak to me, but it is more on a spiritual nature rather than in regards to reincarnation.

I'm sorry. Have you found anything else to be of help? *Silly question* I'm sure you will share when you do.

Look forward to learning more from you and others.

Blessings,
    Soulfulwings

13. kate

kate Senior Registered

Hi Deborah. Thanks for opening this post!

I do beleive that more children are remembering their past. There is a symbionic relationship between this/us and the spirit world. The more WE advance the more THEY advance and, consequentlty, we are seeing/observing/noticing more advancement! Bingo!
    Yes, Why, there are dark forces out there and I am so glad I came to earth at this time as one of the people that will push the edges of darkness a little further away.
    Without someone to express the every edge of the dark where would we be? In this, you are a wonderful guide. You usually express some form of the negative, and what is light without the darkness? Without the dark the light ceases to exist. Thankyou so much for this. With Love. Kate.

14. Deborah

Hi,

I have references to the both the Nag Hammadi Library and the Dead Sea Scrolls and will look through them and see what I can find Soulfulwings. Don't worry about it! I do that ALL the time.

I enjoyed your reflection Kate!!! Advancement is a key, lives on earth are necessary and yes the children lead the way! I found the following excerpt pertaining along these lines that I thought everyone may enjoy.

Rabbi Moses de Leon states --

15. kate

kate Senior Registered

Thanks Deborah for the excerpt - it was great.! I agree, we certainly don't come to be "perfect", but to do a little work in that direction. I think it is comforting to know that when we return we enter a state of total completness, utter wellbeing appropriate to what we have learned.
    We will review our life here from the persceptive of someone watching a movie in which you have no emotional attachment to - I have seen this.
    Blessed be our children and our thoughts and our very best deeds, but please, let us be kind to ourselves.
    Kate.

16. Deborah

Hi,

Carol's new book has a wonderful little section titled "The Angel of Forgetfulness."

I thought it was very interesting that Plato -BEFORE Jesus, seemed to also know of the waters of forgetfulness...400 years before in fact.

I wonder if Plato knew why - and I wonder if Plato and Jesus agree!!!!!!!!! I think Jesus gave a very plausible answer! ;)

17. naturlwn

naturlwn New Member

I have found a wonderful point of reference to begin with on children's experiences of remembering.Has anyone heard of the book "The Indigo Children"? This is a well documented theory that a new breed of children are being born all over the world who are unlike children of the past.They are naturally intuitive, phsychic and spritual.They remember past lives with ease and do not tolerate idealology that they don't agree with.Many have A.D.D. or the like and are viewed as different by main stream society.We are having trouble teaching these children because they don't except memorization excersises as stimulation.They crave imaginitive and creative exploration.This is a must read for anyone with a child.
    I hope this helps someone understand what is taking place in th eworld today.
    naturlwn

18. valda

valda Guest

*Why* is always such a mind-bending question, isn't it? Wonderful line of thinking here, I will be interested to read the quotes and follow your leads on "must reads".

I have another avenue to probe in your studies, same vein but slightly off the mark of what you're currently discussing, another layer of *why* do we remember. What is the *purpose* for remembering? If our children are remembering because they are pure of heart, what is the lesson in remembering? How far do we go to disect the memories? I can easily accept the mechanics of remembering, but I wonder what we're supposed to do with that information, especially since we *do* forget at quite an early age.

19. Deborah

Welcome Valda!

Nice to have you here. Regarding your questions pertaining to what is the 'lesson' in remembering....

Here's a quote from Carol's new book I thought you might like:

On a personal note, I have found in my own past life memories that I did not know how to make changes within myself! My next life scenarios displayed a pattern, not so much of a Karma that states “what you sow, so hall you reap” but a pattern that shows a misalignment of what De Lubicz called the three intelligence's. I think this may be the key to WHY!

Cerebral intelligence, heart intelligence and emotional intelligence. Due to misalignment, there was chaos within my consciousness in my past lives, my soul was doing exactly what the Tibetan Buddhists said!

Many souls -probably 75% of the worlds population does not consciously create -instead they are drawn like a magnet to life times and patterns that are familiar.

I think children who come in 'remembering' are aware...and are either consciously or unconsciously creating a life time that will allow them to create positively in this life and the next. They are learning the 'mysteries' that Jesus and others spoke of. They are aligning their three
    "intelligence's :O)

20. valda

valda Guest

Hi, I'm still here, just much too busy!!

Thank you for your reply. I needed to go off and think about it for awhile, and while I still feel a bit muddled, I guess where I come out on it is that to my mind just "remembering" in and of itself wouldn't create "enlightenment" to a degree that would allow future choices. Have the children who remember (whose numbers would appear to be far greater than we are aware) already achieved this balance or "purity of spirit" because they actively remembered or more importantly, because they intuitively applied the lessons? As you implied, within your own experience you kept tumbling along with the familiar because you were unable to align your intelligences and cause direct change. (Which, by the way, perfectly describes my life to date and sadly feels familiar.) Has remembering helped you to achieve more balance this time around? I want to know what Jesus says about adults who wander off it search of memories..... ;)

fondly,

valda