• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

what was that?

pathfinder

Hey folks,

I'm a newbie here and this reincarnation stuff is pretty new to me.
I ran into a past life regression guided meditation video on youtube several years ago, tried it several times but...nothing. I'm not sure wether I just fell asleep or simply don't recall anything. I lost interest pretty soon.
However, I do believe that things come to you when the time is right, and just recently I stumbled upon some videos with Dolores Cannon, read two of her books... and it stirred something.

I've never actually said it before, but I am very familiar with the sensation of "not belonging here".
Also, for many years now I have this feeling that there's something inside me that want's to get out. Despite being curious about its nature, I'm also particularly afraid of approaching it, whatever it may be.
Not sure if this is related to a past life or not, but I want to access my subconscious anyway. I can't seem to get there by myself, but the expenses for a therapist discourage me from appraoching one.

I post in a dream forum occasinally and when I asked about flashes of images that appear at a time when I'm falling asleep but not yet sleeping. Someone suggested that it was about some past life. I dismissed it back then, now I'm not so sure anymore. Recently I tried a video with Brian Weiss, that was posted somewhere here in the forum. Well, with guided meditation I can never seem to get the imagery right. It's all fuzzy and blurry, so I ignored his garden scenery and found myself in an entirely different place.
A long corridor, probably a circle for there seemed no end to it although it was very curvy. Grey floor, walls and ceiling were white. Doors to my left, but no intersecting corridors, niches in the walls on the right, no windows though. No visible lamps but light came out from the wall illuminating those niches.
I was "gliding" along the corridor at high speed until I reached an elevator. I got into the elevator but as the doors closed and it moved, I was suddenly back in the corridor in front of the elevator shaft. I couldn't catch any elevator passing by.
I recall a ramp opening up right in front of me. There was a lot of light around the opening, I couldn't make anything out, but I saw some green patches outside.
Towards the end of that meditation I was sort of trapped inside a glasslike tube with lights at regular intervals. I was being pulled upwards at high speed. The tube itself was not exactly straight it had edges and little curvings, and with those lights there it gave me a pulsing sensation.

So... what was that? Is that at all past life related or just some sort of "between space"?
Are there any indicators that help me distinguish between "just a dream", "past life dream" and whatever else there is?

Thanks

Hi pathfinder, welcome to the forum!

Interesting story. Your story with the tubes reminds me of a friend of mine when she talks about her coming to Earth. Before she was born she watched the planet from a distance together with her guide. In the end, she was supposed to enter a transparent (if I remember well) tube which brought her to Earth and to her birth. My friend says our planet is surrounded by tubes.
Well, I don't say her story is true or not, because no one can judge the experiences of another.
At the end of a dream, I often find myself in an escalator that goes down at high speed. It never crashes though, because that's when I awake.
I just presume that tubes, tunnels and escalators are translations from an unknown experience to something easier to understand for our brains.
Perhaps we shouldn't take all the images literally.

I’m not sure if it’s anything like you’re describing, but it might be...when I was younger sometimes I went into states that were like that when falling asleep. Not really a glass tube but sort of a wormhole type of thing, with different tunnels, and I was sort of gliding along. They were colorful and lit up, so that’s what reminded me of it. I also wonder if it’s sort of a “between” place, maybe how you get from place to place in some realm. I have no clue.

As far as imagery, before I clock in at work, I do want to add that my past life memories come spontaneously, much like astral projection does for me. Last night before falling asleep, I had the image of a creek in my head. Not one I’ve been to in this lifetime. All I know is I somehow “know” it was an image from my childhood in my Victorian lifetime.

Thank you for the replies.

I'm likely to believe that those images where passageways between different levels of consciousness. I had blackouts inbetween, although I doubt that I fell asleep. I can also link the different images to specific instructions during the guided meditation.
I felt a little alienated by those images. I've known ladders/stairs, trapdoors, free fall and diving, but this was very different and very fast-paced.

Speaking of "Victorian" (I'd have to google the time frame of that era^^)... I recall an image of a young woman standing by a window. The room was gloomy, everything was dark in colour. The furniture, the heavy curtains, rugs and dress. She looked sad. I'm not sure if she and I were the same person, but the image might have a past life feel to it. How can I determine the time and place of that scene? (I've seen that image only once and I have no detailed recollection of pieces of furniture or dress for comparison.)

Back