Why do people die the way they die?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jaffas85, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Jaffas85

Jaffas85 Senior Registered

I believe everything happens for a reason and when we die its because we've been through all the experiences and challenges that we are meant to have in this life time.

My question is, why is it that some people die in a really ruthless violent manner while other people die peacefully in their sleep?

What is it that dictates that we must have either a terrible death or a peaceful death and what is the reason behind it?

Is it supposed to be a final 'experience' of sorts yet I can't
    understand why some people would leave via murder and others via dying peacefully in their sleep.

Thankyou.

2. Taine

Taine New Member

Logically you would have to separate their choices in that life into certain catagories.

Some examples:

Soldiers- Possibly died a violent death because of career ( a career that was either forced upon them, or something they chose to go into)

Public Figures- Executed as punishment for wrong doing, or executed as martyrs.

Criminals: Executed for crime, killed in pursuit (after committing crime), revenge killing.....

As for "we die its because we've been through all the experiences and challenges that we are meant to have in this life time." I don't believe that to be entirely true. It's a bit negative (sorry) . I believe we die when it is our time, but our learning experiences shouldn't dictate the end.

We are constantly learning... that never stops! There are so many things even the most educated people on this planet don't know.

Maybe some people who aren't on the right track twards enlightenment (due to personal choices) their lives might be cut short, so they can start again, start fresh.

As for reasons why some die violent deaths....... it's still a mystery to me.

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Jaffas,

Good question.

In my personal opinion -- everything is not pre-planned in this life. Some deaths occur because of a series of choices by ourselves and others. That is what free will is -- the ability to make choices. Unfortunately, other people can sometimes make bad choices that affect or interfere with the choices we have made.

For example -- I lost a very dear friend of mine two days before graduation. He and another friend had gone driving around late at night -- couldn't sleep. They were hit by a drunk driver. My friend, Austin, was killed. Our other friend Jaden was thrown from the car -- and lived.

They made the choice to go out driving. Austin made the decision to wear his seatbelt -- Jaden decided not to, normally a bad decision--- but one that in this instance saved his life. The driver who hit them made the decision to drink. He made the decision to get into that car -- fully knowing he was in no condition to drive. He hit Austin and Jaden's car -- he killed a 17 year old boy.

Do I believe Austin chose to die that way? No, I don't. He was full of love for his life -- he had huge, amazing plans.

Look at all of the choices they made that took them to that moment. Honestly -- the choices we make can be the best ones possible, but the choices other people make can still affect the outcome...sometimes in a good way -- and sometimes in a very tragic way.

Ailish

4. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

What a sad and tragic story Ailish. It must have been difficult to post, but I think it gives us the best possible answer. Since we're all making Free Will choices, some of them are going to impact other people's lives.

Over 30 years ago I was in a comma, not expected to survive. A dozen years later my father suffered a stroke, and I was the only person available to take care of him. Our lives can be entwined in ways we'll never fully understand. Maybe the real question should be Why do some people die, while others continue to live?

John

5. MATT

MATT New Member

6. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

((((((((((Ailish)))))))))))))
    You see so clearly - and understand so much.

Namaste

7. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

There are times when it is simply how soul choose to step out of a life. Sometimes it is for that soul to learn something and then it is for others to learn from it.

then like Ailish stated it is a matter of the choices that were made. Every momment is a new choice. Sometimes a path can be averted sometimes not.

Jack

8. kathyann

kathyann New Member

i think........

First of all, goodmorning all, i believe we have a few exit points, like i almost died 20 years ago from being stupid, at a party, you can figure that one out, so that would be an accident, so you make choices, and peace with God, and i hopefully will cross over in my sleep when he says so, peace:)

9. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

This is an excellent question. I, however don't know the answer :eek: zi do love Ailish's post.

I have been shot in the back twice and poisoned once (those are the ones I remember). This time around I hope I go peacefully in my sleep of old age surrounded by my daughters and my future grandchildren!!

10. Wills

Wills New Member

Hello,
    I am not sure why people die like they do. I died by suicide last life and now I have been born with scar tissue on my brain. So perhaps it happens for a reason I had seizers due to the scar tissue and as a child I ate rat poisoning and nearly died. I was in a very bad car accident last year and the car t-boned my moms car and in the place where is was setting. The guy that came to tow her car away asked if the person setting there was killed and my brother said no. I was sore but not dead.

My point is that while I believe we do come back , however I think we go when God is ready for us. So in that sense as well we go the way we are meant to via his choice.

Wills

11. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I believe that if our entire lives were pre-planned somewhere, even if it was planned by us, that would make us robots with no reason to exist.
    I think there are many crossroads in life. Free will allows us to choose which path we will take. I believe it is in that moment when we exercise our free will and choose that our soul evolves in some way, grows, if you will.
    I also think if someone drinks alcohol that anything that happens after that, to them or because of them, is not an accident, but the result of some poor judgement.
    Vicky

12. tltfaas

tltfaas New Member

Why People Die The Way They Do

I have always chosen the way I die as a learning tool. So much learning takes place for yourself and your loved ones through turmoil and violence. Peace and happiness impart knowledge but on a different level. Sometimes I died violently so the people involved get to feel what it is like to take a life. I have taken lives in my past lives and learned a huge lesson about the value of human life. My experience has been that all the important lessons such as certain relationships and our deaths are preplanned as part of our lesson blueprint. I believe other souls go through a different process but death is always nothing but a transition and a learning tool.

Bonnie

13. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Some good points Vicky. From what I've read, I have concluded that we die so that our souls can review our most recent life, and learn from it. I also feel that the soul is able to make some choices about it's next life, but surely not everything. The choices would be bare-bones, because out Free Will would probably derail most life-changing situations,

One thing I thing we need to guard against is taking everything we read as fact. We should strive to learn and understand, so we develop our our belief structure, and not simply adopt someone else's theories and concept's.

John