Windy days

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by ilbarhay, Jul 25, 2000.

1. ilbarhay

ilbarhay Guest

I have a 2 and a half year old who has a strong wind fear. This started a few months ago while on holiday. We were eating at an outdoor restaurant when the wind well ...got quite windy. The paper placemats blew and napkins etc. my daughter became hysterical and only calmed down when I took her inside after which she fell into a deep sleep. I talk to her and rationalize and so on. But when the wind blows she looks up at the trees and panics. I have to hold on tight to all things around- cups, toys, bags etc. She immediately wants to go in and close the doors and windows. Eventually I asked her if she remembers the wind doing something. She answered that the wind took the houses away and also her. She has never seen windy movies like the wizard of Oz or Pooh's Windy Wednesday. I was shocked. Is there anything to all this in your opinion and if so, how can I help her? thanks Ilana Bar-Hai

2. CATSEYE2

CATSEYE2 Guest

The only thing that I can say is that I had a similar fear when I was a child and I was terrified of Red Cross commercials that showed tornados. I'm not sure just what you can do to help quell this fear, but please keep an open mind and believe her. She needs to believe that you won't leave her, or that her life won't 'up and fly away', this time.
    Good luck.