Wondering about my Grandson

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Miles say, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Miles say

Miles say New Member

I've been wondering for the past few years if my Grandson had a past life. I never believed such things were possible, but it's hard to explain some things about him. He is autistic, and very delayed in his language, but before he was two years old he could identify the entire alphabet, both upper and lower case letters. He hadn't even learned the ABC song yet, but could identify them even when the cards were scrambled. We never taught him the alphabet and he wasn't watching childrens shows that taught letters at the time. He has since them mostly forgotten his letters, now that he's in preschool. We hadn't practiced with him that much and didn't think it was necessary to drill a two year old on the alphabet. One time, he could also count to 15 and can't do that any more.

He did something last year that I scolded him for. He is normally very sensitive, and I scolded him more than usual. He looked very sad and told me "I want to go home". I felt so bad, and he looked so sad. I asked him if this was his home and he said "no, it's not". That broke my heart. I tried to reassure him this was his home and we loved him. He doesn't have any other family that he visits, so his comment was a shock.

Two weeks ago, I was dressing him and had picked out some grey knit shorts and a navy blue sleeveless top. He said "those are my gym clothes". I looked at the clothes and they really did look exactly like gym clothes. He's too young to know what gym class is or that kids wear gym clothes. He doesn't have any brothers or sisters or cousins that he visits and doesn't know any older school kids that have gym class.

We lived in Pennsylvania until last year, and he loved doing fireworks there. He had been begging to do fireworks again down here, so we bought some. They only sell sparklers and fountains in PA, but we moved to South Carolina last year and the pack of fireworks we bought were different. The first two we lit shot up into the air and burst into a spray. They weren't very big, but did go up past the house. He seemed really excited at first and kept saying "excellent" and "yes! yes! yes!" but then suddenly ran into the house and wanted nothing to do with them. He didn't seem scared, just upset. They weren't loud, so we couldn't figure out the problem. I tried to get him to just stand at the front door with me, behind the glass storm door to watch them but he didn't want to do that either. We didn't light off the rest and all he's been talking about is that he doesn't want us to light any more fireworks. I promised we wouldn't.

Yesterday at dinner, he started explaining how he'd been burned and died. He seemed serious, and tried to get into great detail about where he was burned. It made me sad that he would imagine this, but I just listened. He is still very verbally delayed, so it was weird that he would go into that much detail. I wonder if seeing the fireworks triggered this memory, or maybe the fireworks scared him into imagining what it would be like to be burned. He liked the fireworks at first so where all of this came from was a mystery to me. Could he really have a past life that explains this (including knowing things he's never been taught?)

We had lots of weird stuff going on at our house after we moved in last year. I had the house blessed and cleansed to see if it would help. My grandson told us the next day that "the shadow was gone" but he wasn't here when it was done. We never knew up to that time that he was aware of the problem in the house. All the weirdness stopped after that. The person that did the blessing said young kids often have some psychic ability which fades over time. I guess if he has any past life memories they might fade too. I wish I understood this better, or the best way to help him.

2. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

First, believe what he says and write it down. Don't dismiss things easily just because they are kids. I live in PA and that is what we would call it, "gym clothes". I would ask open ended questions when he seems open to it like "What was your name? Who were your friends? What happened? Were fireworks involved?

Please keep posting here, there are many that will help. I will keep watching this thread.

3. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Yes. I think having a past life could certainly explain a lot.

I think you are already helping him, in the best way possible, by listening and trying to understand when he wants to talk about it. No more is needed, except hugs and love.

4. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum. Yes, I would say these are past life memories. Start keeping a journal and write everything down. You can ask him open-ended questions. But as others here have said, they have to be "in the zone." They can say something past life, then you ask them a question about what they just said and they will snap out of it and not have any idea what you are talking about. A good time to ask questions is at bedtime, bath time, or riding in a car. Having past life memories and psychic abilities seem to go hand in hand. That is very common here in the forum. I would encourage both. BTW, some people believe that autism is a form of psychic ability. Does he ever say what you are thinking or know things before they happen?

5. Miles say

Miles say New Member

That's Interesting

This is all so out of what I was taught to believe, and my daughter has a hard time accepting his psychic ability or that he could have a past life. I just try to look at the facts, and what he says and already knows and understand it from there. He clearly was communicating with something in our house. He would go into the closet and talk to something, we thought he was pretending at the time but he stopped doing that after the blessing. I know this sounds really creepy, but he isn't creepy or weird and is pretty social in spite of being autistic. After the blessing, he said "wait, the shadow is gone" and said "it's in the yard". He said "I'm coming shadow" and ran to the from door and yelled "come on in", I was horrified. We had it cleansed again a month later when the windows opened by themselves, but now everything is fine. He said "thank you" later when he realized it wasn't coming back and said "it was scary". He also claimed to see a ghost in his pre-school classroom one day last year. He wouldn't do his work and just tried to hide in the corner all day and couldn't understand why the teachers didn't see the ghost. Thank goodness it only happened once, since it really bothered the teachers.

He isn't very conversational, so asking him past life questions wouldn't work. With him having autism, it forces me to think differently to understand him. I guess this is sort of an extension of that, and just requires even more different thinking. I guess for me, not knowing how a past life affects him is what concerns me most. Also, he was born with manners. From the time he could say a word, he always said "please", "thank you", "your welcome" and "bless you" when you sneeze. Believe me, he didn't learn those manners from anyone around him. He is a very sweet boy. I always heard kids aren't born with manners, but he was. If he is affected by a past life, I suspect he had a good family. It makes me sad to think he could have had a loving family and something happened to him, but I guess all we can do is help him feel loved. This is all such a different way of thinking, and not at all in line with what I have been taught. But, we aren't making up the facts or evidence or prompting any of this, so I guess we just have to figure things out as we go.

6. jonathan21

jonathan21 Member

i would like to welcome you to this forum.Well done for looking into reincarnation and not just dismissing it. I know it must come as a shock.I am also new to the reincarnation world. I have always had the occasional premonition. so I do have some psychic ability.

7. argonne1918

The fact that he said "those are my gym clothes" makes me think he was born after WWII in his immediate past life. He was a "baby boomer". Maybe he was killed in a war or accident? Having been born with manners sounds like he was raised in a good family. Schools are known to be "ghost magnets". Have you ever seen the cable TV program called "Psychic Kids"? It was on A&E and was in re-runs on the Bio channel. Also available on iTunes. In one episode the psychologist (a believer) asked one of the kids when was the first time they saw a ghost. The child said, "In Kindergarten". There was a ghost sitting in the rocking chair and knew the child could see him so he put his finger to his lips and said, "shhh". I have heard other children say they could see ghosts at school. There was a girl in my city several years ago who told her teachers she could see ghosts in her high school. Needless to say she was home schooled after that. Several kids on the show even talked about their past life memories.

8. Miles say

Miles say New Member

Living in a haunted house forced me to think different about some things. Whatever was here wasn't bad, and even opened the front door when I was carrying in groceries one day. My grandson was walking in front of me and freaked out when it happened, and that's when I finally did something about it. After that, I realized their must be answers to things I don't understand. I wonder if whatever was here was somehow connected to his past life, since he seemed to be able to communicate with it, but I think we are better off having things normal around here now. After I realized why my grandson was hiding in closets and talking, it really freaked me out. I expected whatever was here to go to "a better place" after the cleansing and blessing, but instead it just moved out into our yard. He put protection out 12 feet around our house, so it apparently just hung around outside. For a while afterward, my grandson could see it and occasionally as we were going to/from the car he would try to talk to it. The last time that happened, he yelled into the neighbors yard "stay away, stay over there shadow" and hasn't seen it since. I ask him occasionally if the shadow is gone and he said "it's gone". We haven't had anything weird happen either, and prior to that we had stuff happen every few days. Those neighbors moved out suddenly a few months ago and my neighbors next to me said they are planning to sell this year. They've lived there for over 30 years, so I'd feel bad if it's bothering them now. It's just not the kind of thing I know how to ask them though.

9. argonne1918

You might ask the neighbors if they know the history of your house or the neighborhood. Maybe someone died in the house. It sounds like the ghost or "shadow person" was there when you moved in. There is a video on YouTube that was made 20 years ago about a small rural school in California that has a resident ghost. It's a little girl who was killed in a farm accident on the site in the 1920's. She opens doors for people, moves things, etc. The school children have "adopted" her and she has her own desk, etc. Here is the link:

The school is visible from I-5 when going over Tejon Pass on the way to Los Angeles.

That same episode of "Psychic Kids" had the professional psychic medium go through the haunted house with the kids. He asked the kids if there were any ghosts there that they could sense or see. They reported there were several, including one who was hiding in a closet. The medium then said, "If there are any spirits here who would like to communicate with us, please open the door so that we know you are here." As soon as he said that, the door opened by itself. The kids screamed and ran to hide under the bed. But by the end of the show, filmed over a weekend retreat with the parents there also, the kids had been taught how to use their psychic abilities and not be afraid of it. In fact two of the kids even gave a volunteer who was there a psychic reading about her deceased father. The volunteer reported the kids had accurately told her things about her father that only she knew about.

10. Miles say

Miles say New Member

The guy that blessed our house said what was happening in our house was very common in the part of town I live in. I know in the early 90's, there was a hotel outside our subdivision that halted construction for two years supposedly because the construction site became haunted. I lived here when it was being built and remember seeing lights on in the upper floors of the building even when there was no construction on site. I thought it was odd, but would never occur to me it was haunted. The hotel eventually opened and is fine now. I joke that they chased their ghosts into our neighborhood.

Since the blessing, I haven't noticed any psychic abilities. This winter, he did point to the opening in the attic and asked what it was. I said the attic was up there, and he said "it has ceiling ghosts". I suppose I'm OK with that since we don't live up there and nothing's happened. I didn't want any investigation or communication with what was here, because I think that sort of thing encourages activity. At this point, I'm not sure if my grandson's psychic abilities will continue when he is older. I don't want to encourage his abilities or deny them either, I guess we just have to wait and see what develops. I don't talk much about the possibility my grandson could have past life memories or psychic abilities with much of my family. They know about the house being haunted, because some of it was even captured on video when my daughter was streaming a video game. I'm glad to have a place to ask questions about this sort of thing. I think if you don't live with these children or in a house like mine, it's just hard to accept.

11. argonne1918

All of us have been here before, and we are all going to be children again someday. It's possible you might be your own great or great great grandchild.

12. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi Miles Say

Welcome to the forum. Certainly your grandson sounds like he's remembering things from a past life. He may also be talking to ghosts / spirits. It's not as uncommon as you might think.

The best thing to do is pretty much what you've been doing - just love him, don't freak out, talk to him about it calmly and matter-of-factly. Just ask him to tell you about it, without being threatening or judgemental - like 'Ok, then what happened? I see, tell me more....?' just as you would talk to him about anything else.

How old is he? I don't think you said above? Kids usually just grow out of this sort of thing before long anyway (not always) and won't remember anything about it by the time they hit school.

Also, I'm no medical expert, but I've been reading about some new breakthroughs occurring with kids with autism by improving their diet. Things like completely removing all processed foods and sugars from their diet - only feeding them the best, most natural food you can find - have been having some good results (and isn't a bad idea anyway).

There are lots of opinions about this, but the fact that autism appears to be on the increase may be linked to the increasing amount of poisons in our diets and our environment that have never been there before. Something to consider.

13. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

Miles, I think this is a really good outlook to have. Being there for him and listening when he does speak up and originate what might be a past life memory seems really simple but it sounds like a great step. Every kid is unique, and autistic children especially so, having you there as support is a tremendously valuable asset to a young and developing mind.

Were I in your shoes, I might not try to push and prod him and ask for details, (I imagine he gets a lot of that already!), but your being there to hear and keep a little record of the things he says and the things he observes is great. Maybe he'll 'lose' these things as he gets older, maybe he won't, but in the meantime being there to hear him and help him express himself and his past life memories and fears might be just what he needs to get through.