• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

3 years old and reincarnated?

Janique

I have never really taken an interest in past lives and reincarnations until now, here's why. I have a daughter, she is now 3 and a half,before her 3rd birthday she told me she was a boy and I should stop calling her a princess as she was a boy. When she was saying this I never gave it a second thought because I just thought she was experimenting with distinguishing male and female. Then a few months ago my daughter said "mommy, its not nice to shoot people, you must not shoot people and being shot hurts." I was completely blown away. You see, i dont have cable and I monitor what my daughter sees and watches on her kindle so I know shes not seeing anything in regards to people being shot at. She also told me she was shot when she was a boy. What puzzled me is that she told me I was the one who shot her, then I knew for a fact it was her imagination. I started to ignore her when she spoke that way, then about a week ago, I showed her a picture of my grandmother who had passed on, and she told me she already met her when she was a boy and she told her she was dead and is no longer with the family and that she (my daughter) will be with the family. She was even able to describe to my family where my grandmother died and when asked what killed my grandmother, she said my grandmother was not shot like her, she said my grandmother lay herself on the floor beside the bed and then she died. she even demonstrated exactly how my grandmother did it. I was three months pregnant when I watched my grandmother do this. I am extremely concerned as part of me want to believe my toddler but a tiny bit of me is being skeptic. What I am most concerned about is that my daughter really thinks I shot her.

What my toddler dont know is this my biological father is in prison for life because he shot a 12 year old boy, this happened when I was 1 going on 2 yrs old. I do not communicate with my biological father as I do not want to be involved with people of his nature. So my child knows nothing about him, in fact she thinks my step dad is her real grand-father and I want to keep it that way. Please advise.

Hi Janique, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story. I don't know if you've looked through some of the threads in this section, but you'll find that it's not unusual for young children to remember and talk about past life memories, but I think many parents dismiss these memories as an overactive imagination. How do you feel about all of this? How does your daughter feel about it, does she seem disturbed by these memories? The only advice I can give is for you to just be there for her and listen to what she has to say, assure her that she's safe now with a family who love her, even better still, start a journal and write everything down in case you want to try and make sense of anything later on. Most children begin to forget their past lives when they reach about 6 or 7 and become more occupied with their present lives. You can also read either or both of Carol's books, there are links in the book section and you can read the first chapters of both books. Well I hope you will stay and let us know of any updates and you are welcome to ask any questions ~ Chris

Hi, I will most def start writing this down, also I have read through some of the threads and you know I am relieved ( in a good way) that there are other parents who are seeing and feeling what I am. I was raised in a very closed minded household and although I am not closed minded myself I just never had an interaction like this before my child was born so there was no real need to research this topic. But she is pretty much a normal three year old and is very active except when she is trying to convince me she is and was a boy. She prefers Karate and excels in it over Ballet, she begged us to allow her to play soccer, not to say I am assigning gender roles to these different actives but you get the point she will almost always choose male oriented activities. Personally, I only start feeling bad for her when she goes into moments and start accusing me of shooting her. Lastnight she told me she remembers where I shot her, she said her father ( a complete different man from her real dad) was there and he saw me shoot her. She said "it hurts so bad mommy." These are the only moments that I worry for her. Otherwise other things she tells me about the time she was a boy are happy moments and makes her giggle when she talks about them. One day I went to pick her up from daycare, when we arrived and I took her out of the car and she realized where we were;she threw a tantrum and told me to take her home, I told her we were home but she said she wanted to go to her real home.I was distressed for her but then she fell asleep, when she woke up she was back to normal. Lastly, this morning, she held my aunt's face and told her she will never leave again, she told my aunt I shot her when she was 12. My poor aunt didnt know what to say.I will most definitely be looking up those books, as I really do need to read more in dept and have a better understanding.

Well it is possible that you shot her in your former life, but it's nothing to be alarmed about unless it affects your relationship with your daughter in this life. We've all lived many times before and we've all done bad things as well as good things, I believe we need to experience the bad as much as the good in order to become whole, a bit like Yin and Yang. It's also possible that you and your daughter belong to the same soul group, in which case you will often incarnate together with a connection to each other and a mutual goal. I've read cases where murderers and their victims return as husband and wife or parent and child return with the roles reversed. I think what is most important for you right now is that your daughter needs assurance that what happened is in the past, in another life, and that she has a new life now, safe with a family who love her very much. By all means let her talk, it's great that you have an open mind to allow her to do that. If you want to, next time she starts talking, ask her a few open ended questions like can she remember what her name was? Can she describe the place where she lived? Ask her to draw a picture. These things will help her to work it out of her system and come to terms with what happened in the past, and it might give you some more insight into her previous life, it's all very interesting stuff.

One thing you might try next time she tells you that you shot her is to ask her if she thinks you have changed since then, or ask her what you looked like then. It's possible she will remember you as a man or having very different features, and then you can make the point that not only has your outside changed, but that you don't think shooting people is a good solution for problems, and that it's your job to keep her safe.

Then it might be possible to say something like, "I'm sorry. If I had known then how much I would love you now, you would never have been shot back then. Now I hope you know I will make up for it by protecting you in this life."

If you go in for a professional regression yourself, you might learn what happened. Accidents happen at times and so do mercy killings (to save children from a far worse fate than death) as well. It's hard to know unless you remember, too. It's likely that you reincarnated as her parent to repair the spiritual damage to your relationship that came of shooting her in that life, whether on purpose or by accident.

Back