9/11 Baby - baby_rn

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by baby rn, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum. Blue flutterby. :)

It sounds like your son is very attuned to the spiritual, which is a great gift. :thumbsup: It also sounds like he's been a firefighter/rescuer in a past life - maybe he really died on 9/11. He might still surprise you with memories, so continue to paying attention to what he's saying.

I hope you enjoy your time on this forum!

Karoliina

2. baby rn

baby rn New Member

Blue flutterby

I'm glad to hear you are or have experienced the same thing...my son is 4 1/2 years old and also started at almost two years old with these stories...I was wondering if your son was wanting to wear fire hats or fire gear always at this young age also? Do you remember if he talked about people jumping? i only ask because it sounds similar to my son and they are about the same age so i'm interested to know what you remember? I know mine has said so much that I forget even after a conversation from that night... Also, I'm wondering how your son reacted to seeing broadcasting from 9/11? Mine has never seen anything...It worries me that when he is old enough to talk about it at school or see it on TV he may flip out...he still to this day asks who did it and why...none of my answers seems to resolve this...he can't fathom people would do this...just curious how your son reacted?Did he ever say names? sorry so many questions but this sounds so similar to my son's story I'm curious...

in regards to another thread about remembering more than one past life...my son does too...he's been talking about being a scuba diver...but not in rescue(that's how he differentiates it)...

3. Karoliina

Hello Baby_rn - nice to see you back! :thumbsup:

So your son is still talking about the memories - of both past lives. That's interesting. It seems he hasn't come to terms with the experiences. Does he understand that they were different lifetimes from this one?

Are the scubadiving memories happy, or is there something that might need to be resolved in that lifetime, too, in your opinion?

Karoliina

4. baby rn

baby rn New Member

He is still talking about it but not as often...little bits here and there...it's a little different now though... I think because he's a little older...A lot came out as he was playing when he was younger... its hard to explain...he will start talking about his medals he has won and bits from that life in that serious tone of voice then he'll stop himself and say"I'm just pretending I think"So its almost as if he realizes that now is now but he's not sure where the other info is coming from(sorry sounds confusing)...he just started again to go into my daughters room every night with his fire hat and flashlight to check before she goes to bed...he hasn't done that in a while either...so it comes and goes...has anyone ever talked about some one actually having habits from a past life? This has happened several times that he will be with his fire hat on and seems to be doing something with his "pretend" tools that he clears his throat several times and says "it's ok i've got work to do here" He told me one day he was repeling from his training tower(he actually has a fire bed with a tent on it and a slide)He tied a rope to the top of his slide and was saying this...anyway he was doing the same thing of clearing his throat...just curious if anyone has heard of a habit or something like that being remembered also. He only does this when he is in that "zone". On another note, he still asks why those bad men knoocked the tall buildings down and why didn't they think about the people in there? There is no answer I've ever given him that he is happy with on this one...

About the scuba diving past life...I think its happy memories...he has been talking about this for quite a while too but I thought it was tied into the fire rescue...I don't think so now...he has talked about how he cleans his boat after diving ...also that he like the deep sea dives where you wear a helmet and boots ,not flippers, and you are attached to a line that they pull you up on when you're done with your dive...anyone know if this makes sense? He dives backwards into our pool with flippers on and can swim the length of the pool with his flippers like a pro...the other day he was swimming and had his head under water with his one hand next to his head coming out of the water like he was holding something... when he was finished I asked what he was holding and he said his snorkel...and then looked at me like I should have known this...The same day he was diving under and kept coming up with his hands grasping something and I asked what was he doing and he said(very serious again) he's retrieving very rare shark eggs...then two minutes later he was back in four year old mode and said I think I'm just pretending though...any way maybe he is just pretending who knows...he's never said anything negative about the scuba diving...he has talked about having large tanks and that his sharks are next to the sea otters and things like that...who knows...

5. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Hello Baby rn!

What exactly makes you so convinced about that the scuba-deving and the telling about being a fireman don`t derive from the same lifetime? From my point of view (and, of course, I didn`t talk to your kid, so it is just an impression) having been "both" in one lifetime would make sense for he could have been a professional fireman and do scuba-diving in his leisure time. Another aspect is - and I am not sure about this - if he was a quite well-trained fireman in 2001 (and I am quite sure he was rather good:thumbsup:) he wouldn`t have been much younger than in his 30ies which means that he certainly hadn`t been born later than in the early 1970ies. The scuba-diving-lifetime must have been before and I am not sure about scuba-diving being popular in the 1960ies already, but I could be entirely wrong with this...

Best

Iris

6. Simon_Platts@ya

Simon_Platts@ya Banned

Hello Everyone

I am new to this and I want to be cautious about what I post.

I felt very moved by the children's Past-Life memory and I am kind of glad that these souls were not lost on 9/11.

I am in England, and many of our UK residents were also lost in the towers.

Having watched World Trade Centre-the film, it really moved me.

I think that many things our soul carries from one lifetime to the other. I hope your children are doing OK and the trauma of the past don't effect them too much, now.:thumbsup:

7. baby rn

baby rn New Member

Simon-thanks for your thoughtfulness...I think my son seems to be fine thank you...Iris...yes you are right I think...my son was in his zone, as I say it, the other day and I asked him if he did scuba diving with the firefighting or is it something different? He said it is with the firefighting and his gear is in the garage on the side of his truck...he also said he likes to do it for fun...so yes he might have done it as a hobby. He said he has two different trucks...one with ladders and one with 2 boats with his scuba gear...This is the first time he has actually clarified what he is saying...like I said he is older now and can express himself better in general...he said "my turnout gear is black with yellow stripes so you can see me when its dark"

He also told me "I am really big and can break the door with my hand". He just started this again where he's talking about himself as firefighter in first person...Maybe he's got more to tell...Always at the same time as this happens he starts checking my daughter's room every night with his fire hat and flashlight on...interesting too...he always wants to rescue my daughter when in the pool...he told her to pretend she's sinking and he'll save her(really scary if I wasn't in the pool with them!)But he puts on his scuba mask and swims underwater to her and grabs her like a lifeguard would(only way to describe it) and swims her back to the stairs,saying "don't worry i've got you"

He has not been swimming long (which worries me too) but he uses his flippers and dives to the bottom of the pool and comes up like its nothing...I thought maybe he worked thru these feelings and that is why he stopped talking it about it for a while but here it comes again...he says his so lucky to have me...because he never talks about it with my husband even if he gently asks...(my husband is uncomfortable with this and maybe he senses this)...I was uncomfortable at the beginning too but it became so clear to me after a while that I welcomed any new info he wanted to throw my way...

8. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi baby_rn,

Fascinating. Have you thought of video-taping his diving and what he does when he -- rescues? If for no other reason than for him to see himself doing it - twenty years from now. We have the technology to record, document and reference real life scenarios so easily these days. Also - I hope you are keeping a journal for your own records. It is amazing how valuable they can be.

Carol is doing a workshop in Ireland right now. When she returns I am sure she will be checking in. ;)

Thank you so much for sharing with us. Members and guests alike appreciate reading your story. Even if they don't express it here.... there is an acknowledgment, a recognition that ripples - around the globe. :D

Many blessings....

9. baby rn

baby rn New Member

Thanks Deborah-I appreciate it! It's a lot for me to process and I'm always worried about sounding silly in what it is that I write because sometimes its unbelievable to me! I have thought about video taping him but its hard because i'm always in the pool with him and my daughter...plus, because he is a new swimmer and she just learned a few months ago it is a little dangerous in him "rescuing" her!

He actually does an amazing job but she will just let him "rescue" her and not try to swim...not a great idea! So, I have to be in there with him and always reminding her she needs to swim for him to help her...very odd...anyway that is why there is no videotaping going on...i can't safely yet!But when we get to that point I will...he would love to see himself I'm sure...he told me today that he can teach me how to dive and snorkel if I wanted...I said do you teach people how to? He laughed and said" oh yea I know I can teach you...want me to teach you right now?"

This is where the problem lies with me...do I let him think he can teach me or do I bring him back to "now" and say that I can teach him with a snorkel etc... It's hard for me to know what the right thing is to say when he's in the zone...Don't get me wrong, this zone time is usually a few moments in a day and otherwise he is the typical crazy four year old running around and playing with his toys!I tried to ask him something about what he had talked about with firefighting yesterday and he said "I don't know...I don't want to talk about that page" So he will only talk about these things on his terms!

But as long as I can remember he has always referred to the past or memories as pages...don't know if that is some word he picked up when he was younger or what...different though...

10. Karoliina

Maybe you could videotape him checking her sister's room? I'm sure he'd love to see that, too, when he's older. :)

If he's claiming he can do things he's not really capable of in this life, maybe you could tell him friendly that it was in the other life, not this one, and now he's still a little boy.

That's interesting with him using the word "page". It makes me think about stories, where people remember reviewing their latest life, when they are in-between lives. I think someone has talked about studying it from a book or something similar. Maybe he remembers that?

Karoliina

11. baby rn

baby rn New Member

I can try to video tape him in my daughter's room...I've tried to tape him in his own room one time when he seemed to be standing in his fire outfit reciting some kind of saying or "oath"...but as soon as he saw me he stopped and looked at me and said "cheese" for the camera and was completely out of his "zone"...so I will try it...it's almost now that he's older (sad that I'm saying 4 1/2 is old, not quite!) if he talks about a past life and then I ask him when he's not in that frame of mind he says "I think that's just a story"...its the same when he was younger and always wore his fire hat around and people would say oh its firefighter (his name) and he would always get upset and say "Don't call me that" So he seems to be trying to forget it.

To address whoever had asked about if he's happy talking about the scuba diving...the more i think about it he is very excited about swimming or anything that has to do with water...he loves it...he even pretends the bath tub is his scuba raft...so these seem to be exciting and happy memories...

The idea of talking about pages...he has been talking about that for as long as i can remember...I used to correct him and say you mean last time etc...and he just continues saying "remember on that last page this happened or this happened on another page..." It almost like his remembers things from when he was little as pictures on pages...I'm talking about his life now...kind of confusing I guess...

12. baby rn

baby rn New Member

When I was reading books to my son the last few nights, he keeps insisting that I am a firefighter also...I always laugh and say "no, I'm a nurse". He laughs louder and says "no, you are a firefighter like me! I know it, that is why you know what I'm talking about all the time!" Has anyone ever heard of something like this? I don't know if he's thinking this way because he feels he can talk to me about his firefighter info or something...I'm very confused by this...but he is insisting!

i've never had any past life memories and the only thing I remember as a child is having terrible nightmares of my house being on fire and being scared to death of fire...and I still am to this day...anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm at a loss here...

13. Deborah

HI baby_rn,

It is possible that your son is responding to your fear of fire. Were you able to read Carol's book and the chapter on Triggers? It is possible for children to be triggered by a parents emotional responses and latent fears.

When I read your post - it occurred to me that he recognizes your fear of fire, and although he sees himself as a fire fighter - he might be equating your dislike for, and fear of fire to his memory of putting fires out and saving lives. A firefighter dislikes fire and will put it out. You dislike fire and are fearful of it. To him - it might feel like the same thing.

14. baby rn

baby rn New Member

possibly so, but I've never told him anything about my nightmares or my fear of fire...it could be that... I don't know?!?He would have to be really perceptive to know I have any fear of fire...I've never said anything about it...he just is really insistant that I am a firefighter too...confusing I guess... I have to read the section of triggers again I guess!

But, I'm 100% sure he is unaware of my fear...I've never said anything about it or reacted upset when it comes to such things...he knows I have fears but if you ask him he will say it is earthquakes(which is very true!) He does give me "gifts" all the time of ladders,axes, saws etc because he says he knows I will love it! So, I don't know I'll see if I can read and explore it a little more...thanks for helping!

15. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Its interesting that he has held to the fire fighter theme for so long. Another indicator that this is a past life memory. I'm glas you gave us an update. Wish I had some input but I don't know what to make of it either.

Maybe he'll give you more details. Have you asked him what your name was or some other question that would cause him to have to provide details of who you were just to get at whether he is really talking about you as a person or you as a past life firefighter?

16. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Could it be that this is his interpretation of the fact that he is allowed to speak freely about his past life? Myabe he thinks that only someone who shares his experiences could understand him the way you do. Maybe he realizes that he has memories that aren`t from this life and is sometimes confused and is relieved that he can express them thinking only "another firefighter" might understand what he is talking about...

17. Karoliina

I was also thinking that maybe he feels you are in the "same boat" because you listen to him and understand him. Of course it's also possible he remembers some other shared past life with you, where you really were a firefighter.

I suggest you ask him the next time that what makes him say that. Maybe you could ask directly, if he remembers some other life where you were a firefighter.

Karoliina

18. Deborah

Hi baby_rn,

Specifically --- beginning on page 241 and the section titled The Mind of the Mother and the section titled Mother and Child Telepathy which ends on page 220. This is what I am referring too in Carol's book Children's Past Lives.

You of course are the only one that will know if this phenomenon relates to what you are experiencing with your son. It really does take some detective work on the parents part to put things together.

I hope you are keeping a journal and keeping track of how and when he brings up these topics. It is important to not only record what he says - but what was going on at the time, with you and with him. ;)

19. baby rn

baby rn New Member

thanks for all your great input...I'm still working on figuring out what he means by this firefighter comment but sometimes it takes time...he only talks about it when HE wants too...

Carol, this weekend is the first time I clearly saw a fear or phobia expressed by him related to the past life I think...

We were away for the weekend and staying at a hotel and the main part of the hotel was several stories high...maybe 40 or so...on the top it had an American flag...he was obsessed number 1 with the height of the hotel and number 2 the American flag...he said he is scared of those high buildings...I asked what do you mean? He said he's scared of them and that they are not safe and can hurt you and you could fall(this was in his regular kid talk not the zone as I call it).

I asked him if he's scared of the high elevators and he said "no, the high buildings..." Then, he went on to say several times during the weekend that he can't believe someone would go on top of that building and put the American flag up there...He said" That person has to be the bravest person ever to put that flag up there so high!"Luckily, we stayed in the three story suite part of the building to the side of the taller one but he sat on the balcony and stared and said I really don't like high buildings!

So, he is afraid of heights (I think) and for sure any building that looks to him to be too tall...throghout this conversation he said nothing of firefighters or himself as one... just the plain fact that he is scared of tall buildings and the people at the top have to be very brave...I know you were wondering if he showed any emotional issues or phobias related to this and I'm sure this is one...The road we take to get to where we're going is a curvy,steep mountain pass road and he also gets really upset on this road and says its too dangerous and scary and isn't there another way to go??...It's all comiing together now i think...anyone have any ideas about this?

20. Karoliina

That's interesting he shows signs of a fear of heights now. I'm sure Carol will give you good advice on this, and as you have read her books you already know what to do and how to try and reassure him it's alright and there's nothing to be worried about - even though it's of course wise to have some fear of falling to stay careful.

Thanks for the update! :)

Karoliina

21. Carol

Carol Author

Have you tried asking your son directly what scares him about the high buildings? It seems that the high buildings are triggering a fear in him, probably related to his past life experience. If you can get him talking about his fear, you might be able to help him work through it.

It's best to use this direct approach when a child is "in the moment", which he was when he was expressing the fear. But you can also try it when he's relaxed, as I describe in the book.

Let us know if anything else comes up. Don't be afraid to ask him directly about his fear. If he's not open to talking about it, as you already know, he won't. But you can let him know you're willing to listen.

Carol

22. Rod

Rod Senior Registered

This is a most fascinating thread. Since I have been reading, but not commenting, my comments are responses to several different scattered items here (not all in order...):

1. He thinks you are a firefighter because you understand him -- In certain professions, only another in the field can truly relate a person's experiences. Clearly firefighting is one of those. Also as a nurse, you may be the only person he sees regularly who reminds him of his world and the types of people with whom he interacted frequently.

2. You mentioned that he doesn't like it when people call him "Fireman [his name]". The likely cause of his objection is the name. When one is reincarnated after generally liking a past life that was not long enough, it is a setback. He was captian or leiutenant, accomplished in his field; now he's a kid. Having his professional status reduced to "Fireman [kid's name] is a severe, though unintentional, insult.

3. Related to item #2, when you mentioned near the beginning of this thread that he insists on Fire/Rescue, instead of just firefighter, that was my clue to spend time reading more. That distinction would only matter to one in that field, and there is almost no way at all that a young child (unless raised in a family of a fireman/rescuer) would ever learn to be particular about this. It would not be in a kid's story, nor taught in school, nor in a TV show or movie.

4. Your firedrill at home is also most interesting... covering with a blanket to run through, and getting low are key techniques that would be used in a real fire emergency. His instincts were probably more advanced than yours. If you ever have a fire, he'll know what to do.

5. You asked whether you should teach him, or he should teach you in the pool. Do both! Let him lead, and remember he is an intelligent person with something to bring to the project, but help him when he doesn't know something, and maintain enough control to ensure safety without being overprotective. That's a tall order, I know, but it a suggestion of the ideal. It will let him build on what he already knows from the past and may help him feel better about being able to do real things (not just play and toys) in this life.

6. I must confess to a brief bout of goosebumps when you mentioned "pages". I do have a memory of seeing my experience as a large book. Images of current life were near the end of the printed portion. Turning back only about what would have seemed a chapter's worth of it brought me near the beginning of this life. Then I turned back many more pages and saw pictures of my previous lifetime. It all occured in a state between sleeping and waking somewhere. I felt as if at that moment I had access to the whole story, but then awoke before having time to see more.

7. Thank you again for letting us know about this most interesting case, and for trusting our community for answers. My one suggestion is to take him seriously, and explain calmly that he is here with you and safe now. If he maintains his interest, let him (without pushing him) study and see more advanced books, movies, etc. Perhaps he will be a great rescuer (again!) some day.

8. I seem to remember, but am not sure, that one or more of the companies that responded during 9/11 was using recently upgraded equipment (new truck). You may want research that if you are working on finding his identity -- which I do recommend doing.

...Rod

23. baby rn

baby rn New Member

Rod

Thank you for all the great insights! Do you have any background with firefighting or in the medical field?From what you write it sounds that you may...He has been talking about "pages" for as long as I can remember...it makes me feel better you have a personal recollection of such things!I also think he has been remembering more than one past life for a while now...the scuba and firefighter I think are related but I still think there is something related to scuba diving and aquariums that keeps coming up separate from the fire/rescue...with your memories did past life memories overlap and get intertwined? He has described his fire/rescue boats and described what he wore but, also has talked about deep sea diving and fixing the sharks then putting them into his aquariums and describes in what tanks different animals are in....To me, the problem is that these thoughts are separate but, they seem to overlap in the fact he always describes rescuing his animals or the people...what are your thoughts on this?

24. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi babrn,

I've never been a fire-fighter, but I know a little about scuba-diving. Could it be that, as well as working as a rescue-diver, he also practiced scuba-diving as a hobby, or related to a large aquarium where they study sharks? It's not uncommon for someone who practices scuba-diving professionally to have a side job or practice for sport...

25. baby rn

baby rn New Member

Yes...I have gone back and forth on this one...I can't quite figure out if this was a hobby or separate...he is very concerned about"what age" he has to be to do certain things...he asked how old does he have to be to do "real" snorkling and scuba diving. he will swim around the pool with his mask on and always has his hand by the side of his head like he's holding a snorkel...when I ask what he's doing he says ,like I should know,"I'm looking for my sharks, but i need to go a little deeper so I need to get rid of this snorkel and put the heavy gear on..." So I have no idea...but it is simply unbelievable to me how well he swims with flippers and without...he dives with his flippers to get his dive sticks to the bottom of the deep end of the pool...I think it's 7 ft...Maybe this is typical of a four year old who knows...I can't do it!He's never had a swim lesson...This could be normal but one is always amazed by your own child!:laugh:

I haven't gotten any where with my search for firestations that were using new equiptment before 9/11...anyone have any ideas how to find this out?

26. Deborah

HI baby-rn,

I can contact Jeff Keene for you if you would like and see if he can give you some more input regarding equipment used before 9/11. Just say the word. ;)

27. ~Ophelia~

~Ophelia~ New Member

Did Jeff Keene help you find any more information?

28. indigobutterfly

indigobutterfly New Member

WOW! I was reading this thread in awe tonight! What amazing stories. I hope you can tell us more, baby rn! I agree with Rod about the pages. As souls, we each have a 'book' with our soul name on it in the Akashic Records on the other side. It has every life we've lived in it. While we go back to the other side, btwn lives, we can 'read' these books, which allow us to actually energetically be in a life again (without interference) and see what may have happened had we made a different choice. It's so fascinating that he spoke of the pages! So much about your son's memories are fascinating. I was transfixed while reading! And Vicky, your stories are so interesting! I'm new to this board, but not to reincarnation, and am thoroughly enjoying reading about so many experiences.

Please let us know what your son is up to! :D

29. Lcadwmi

Lcadwmi New Member

9/11 Baby

Hi baby rn! Thank you for sharing this incredible, continually developing little life with us.

Based on the requirements of PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructers), which is one of the largest certifying agencies, the minimum age for taking lessons is 10 years old. Students younger than 15 who successfully complete the course qualify for the PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification, which they may upgrade to PADI Open Water Diver certification once they reach age 15. We always required a parent to attend the course along with any child under 15. Can you envision yourself diving in a few years?

And just regarding the mention of the numbers 3 and 4, the following units lost members on 9/11 ...

Engine 33

Ladder 3

Rescue 3

ESU Truck 3

Battalion 43

You can find a listing of those members at the following URL

http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/

Thank you for being so open to your son's memories. And for being so willing to share.

30. Karoliina

Thanks, Lcadwmi, for this valuable information! :thumbsup:

Karoliina