Anybody know the first names their PLs?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Marc Ross, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Andrew,

Some people are not comfortable sharing the names of their pl's. It can be a very personal journey for some, and we respect that here. ;)

Aili

2. sarque

sarque New Member

That is very interesting! It was a Danish past life that I have recalled but I don't think I was part of the royal family, I just don't get that sense. Perhaps nobility, but most of what I recall has to do with battles and military life. I didn't know much about the name, though. In fact I'd never heard it till I was regressed back to that life.

3. Raakel

Raakel New Member

I'm almost completely sure that I was the same Rachel spoken of in the first book of the Bible, in the first of my Biblical past lives, which might be why I've always felt so close to my own name, which is still Rachel in this life...I also strongly believe that my name was Salome in the second life I lived in Biblical times. The name Alice has always felt really good to me, as well, and I've often wondered if that was my name, back when I lived in Wales in the 1100's, but I don't think that it was spelled like Alice back then. I think it might have been something like Aelis, but I'm not sure. I can never be sure, I think.

4. W.A. HEART

W.A. HEART Senior Registered

That's cute Oddzphish! :D

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I heard a name in my head while meditating last January. I can't be certain if the name was my own because I heard it as a loud voice in my head as I was remembering a past life in an orphan asylum, but my intuition tells me that it was almost certainly my name, I just feel it. The name I heard was Eliza Beatty (or Beattie)

6. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Really interesting, Chris. Was it pronounced Beetee or Baytee? Wondering because my guy (not married yet), his last name is Beattie (Beetee).

7. ChrisR

It was pronounced as "Beetee", like your other half :tongue:

8. Lulz

Lulz New Member

I'm really nervous about even talking about it here, still, but in the dreams that I used to have, when I was called by first name, I was always, consistently in every dream, referred to as "Josef".

:butbut: *deep breaths*

9. ChrisR

*deep breaths* - thanks for sharing Lulz ...... one step at a time! hug2.gif

10. Lulz

Lulz New Member

I can't understand why it's so hard to talk about to me.

11. ChrisR

There's no rush ..... take your time and just post when or if you feel ready ok, no pressure :)

12. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Cont..

I'm glad that the discussion regarding possible specific past life-names has over one-hundred responses.

I felt that many possible PL memories would indicate names; and hence help narrow-down research efforts.

Personally, I've let the idea go of who my name may have been in a PL i.e., looking back, the name "Louis" was a rough-guess.

My research is focusing on names from where and when my PL may have lived, as well as military service records i.e., a specific Quartermaster unit in WWII North-Africa.

I feel I was Jewish in a PL; hence specific Jewish names may help with research...provided I can locate relevent lists of names in the first place.

Thank-you for keeping this discussion going.

Marc

13. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

I think my Victorian name was James Arthur, however, even though I like the name, it came to me in automatic writing so it's not very reliable.

As for the other life, I don't know if I mentioned it here, but it's interesting that when I was 13, before knowing about my past lives, I liked Goebbels because I thought his first name was cool. However, I didn't like how it ended in "ph", to me it was just wrong, too anglo, and I insisted in writing it with an "f" at the end instead. Later I found that both spellings are actually correct in German.

14. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

Miko (Russia)

Fritz (Germany)

Alena or something like that... country I don't know.

15. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

My name in Germany was Johannes but I went by Hans. I remember all my life feeling really drawn to the name Hans so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that was my name. When I looked back I remembered having detailed memories as some of my first memories about a man name Hans. Now I know why.

I also feel really drawn to the name Joachim. (Maybe he was a friend or family member)?

16. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Reading this post last night before I went to bed inspired me to have a past life dream.

In the dream I found out I had a past life in Russia and was surprised. I asked my name and it came very clearly to me. It was "Ivan" and the last name was also very clear but sounded very Russian so I was unable to remember the pronunciation when I woke up.

Needless to say this is surprising to me, given my love/hate relationship with Russia and how I feel about them with me being on the opposite side in WWII.

I have a feeling I would have been an Officer in the 1700's and possibly early 1800's as I felt patriotic in the dream and I am also drawn to the upper-class aristocracy of that time.

17. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

John in the 1200's,

John and Thomas in the late 1700's/early 1800's (sym),

Vinson 1888 to 1905,

Vinson (nephew of the above) 1909 to 1919.

I hadn't sought the names and circumstances and serendipitous revelations provided them to me. I am aware of many more lives, just not names, as that hadn't been my goal.

18. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I am pretty sure it was Izora.

19. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

ZeonChar, same here! I've always been drawn to the name Fritz. As if it's the best name in the world. And I would react to anyone with the last name "Bell". Turns out my PL name was Fritz Glocke, L O L! (Bell in German). Maybe they teased him with the last name, haha.

I was a Border Guard in South Siberia, Russian Empire internal border station, in the 1800's. My name was Ivanovskiy, middle name starting with S. and I was called "Miko" for the first name. I was of Cossack descent. I have a lot of detail on it, from knowing a lot about the organizations of the border stations, customs laws, document designs, about the people who lived there etc.

I found so much verification as well as the exact copies of documents, seals, stamps law-books, that I've seen in my dreams and which knew back then. I've been extremely drawn to Russian Empire, the Tsars, and just as you, having a love/hate relationship with Russia, as the Bolsheviks are totally giving me the creeps. I've felt I've always wanted to visit Russia, and at the same time I feel if I go there, I will get killed. I do not feel like this about any other country.

This probably connects to Fritz life, who was killed by the Russians in WW2.

Demi

20. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Names in PLs CONT....

Hello,

Since many strong cases suggestive of reincarnation involve family connections, close-friends, neighbors, colleagues "six-degrees of separation so to speak" -- it would seem that many parents would name their children after a friend, or family member who had died. Hence, why not more strong-cases of reincarnation involving parents who unknowingly named their children after family, friends, and acquaintances who had died?

Marc

21. TheCuriousOne

TheCuriousOne Always Searching...

Bumping for new members.

The name Giselle popped into my head during a meditation.

22. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Demi, I must have missed this post. How fascinating! It's great you were able to get so much verification. You should write about your experiences with doing that if you feel comfortable. I would love to hear about it. I completely understand what you mean with being drawn to Tsarist Russia but completely spooked by the Bolsheviks. I felt strangely nostalgic while watching the portrayal of "War and Peace" during the Olympics opening ceremony and I love other portrayals like "Anna Karenina." I also feel like if I went to Russia now I would be killed by them, but have a strange attraction to the country at the same time. I do wonder how that affected my life as Hans because I held a lot of personal hatred towards them late in the war and my death felt to me as their doing.

23. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

All the details, Demi! That must have been fascinating for you. I, too, would enjoy reading more about the process.

---

On topic:

In my most recent PL memory I just knew my name was Jack, and my good friend's name was John. We lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere.

In one of my first memories, I remembered my name as Bobby or Robby (as a young boy). My best friend who had dreamed that life years before said she remembered calling me Robert or Bob in her dream, and her dream primarily focused on my teen years and older.

As a side note, I vaguely (as in, I knew it started with "Rod..." but wasn't clear on the second syllable of the name) remembered her name as "Count" Rodnar and she said she remembered Roderick as the name, and not being a Count. (My master owned some form of shipping/trade company, and I remember being trained to work with numbers and records out of a desire to please him.)

It made me wonder whether the "childish perceptions" of my self back then thought that all rich men were some form of nobility, or whether she found her inherited rank so unimportant that she didn't think about it.

I know I'm very "in character" when I have PL experiences, and only know what I knew or felt at that time. If I want official reviews of the meaning and experiences to fill in the gaps, it feels more like listening to a narrator telling me what happened and I perceive it as less reliable.

24. Anna H.

Anna H. Anna H.

Umm... It was Anna. The surname was Haecker or something similar. I have a tiny bit of memory of seeing a page of my school records or something, which listed my birthday as February, 1927.

25. Stormy094

Stormy094 Stormy

Chaya, a Polish Jewish girl. No last name yet, but I'm working on that. I think it starts with an F or an H. And....that's really all I know, besides the fact that she/I'd have been about 14 in 1941, died around then, spent a few months in Auschwitz and another camp prior to that. Trying to find more information on the internet, but there's a total of two relevant census' in Poland, one in 1931 and another, German-conducted one in 1943 and I may not have been alive during that on. Kind of hard when I just have a first name. :(

26. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

I had these experiences for a year or so, then did a writing project where I used the material for my story. In order to not turn out weird, in case someone actually knew the history of the time and place, I started researching on the topic. Sometimes I needed to use Russian sources, as nothing was available in English. I was surprised to find that an incredible amount of details were accurate. And I laughed about it - normally people do research before they write history, right? Here it was the other way around. It was really nice to get so much verification, on a topic so obscure that I knew for sure I haven't "seen a movie".

I wonder if I will ever visit Russia, for that I also have to overcome the irrational fear of getting killed there. There seem to be none of such fear when thinking of more dangerous countries, only Russia.

I've recently remembered a past life memory, in which I just died and my soul is soaring upwards through the atmosphere. The sky is full of smoke because of all the bombing and burning down there.

27. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

I have one full name, I think: Laura Maddox. I'm pretty sure of the last name, not so sure of the first. I was a Welsh girl. As far as I know, I died young, as I haven't remembered/associated an adult life with this memory.

My current name is Elizabeth, and unless I'm just not very imaginative, it's been similar in other lives. Elspeth is a name I got for a flash of a Scottish woman (probably mid to late 17th c.)

I feel like I have had other variations/diminutives of Elizabeth, such as Liz, Isabel, Elise and Eliza, but I don't have solid pl connections for them, yet.

28. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Only putative PL identified: Vera Johnston.

29. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

Miriam

Melinda

Kay, was what I got is not her real name she just used

it, because she did like her real name.

Susan

All the rest are real names.

30. Alkibiades_S

Alkibiades_S New Member

I know that one of my past life names was "Xanthippos" (ancient Greece) and another started with "Arist-" but I don't know the ending.