Anyone lived in medieval Northern Europe?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Sunniva, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

For as long as I remember I have been obsessed with the middleages. When I was a child I used to transform our garden into a medieval village and I would live on the castle. I remember that I even made clothes and had my mother producing medieval clothes for me to wear when I played.

I have never had anything verified when it comes to my previous lives. And it frustrates me alot now, because I have these very strong feelings connected to medieval buildings. My boyfriend lives in the Netherlands and whenever I am there I always have to go see a cathedral. The moment I walk into one of them I lose my breath and is overwhelmed by a strange feeling I cannot explain. I have this feeling now just thinking about it.

I can walk around for hours in a medieval town. Silent and peaceful. I feel so comfortable there. I feel very strongly attached to the Netherlands/Germany, but also Eastern Europe such as the Czech Republic and Poland. I also feel very attached by catholicism and even though I am not a catholic, I feel great love for the Virgin and icons.

I believe that I used to live on a castle. I have a strong sense of a castle on a mountain with mountainssides covered in forest and a town beneath it.

I have no sense of whether I was male or female or what happened to me.

I feel a great need, however, to investigate it and I hope that perhaps that help can be found here.

Thank you very much for reading my looong post :)

2. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

A wild guess

Europe, a castle, a mountain, a forest, catholicism,
    I would say: Germany or perhaps the North Eastern part of France.
    Since all the countries you name are in Northern and Central Europe,
    I think you also have an impression about the climate;
    moderate, rainy perhaps, not too hot like the South of France (which has also plenty castles).
    The Netherlands only have a few hills and not even one silly mountain.
    I wonder what cathedral impressed you so much, we (I'm also Dutch) don't have many,
    perhaps 3 or so, but they're huge and medieval.
    I always found them a bit scary ;)

I also feel attracted to the Middle Ages and to the same parts of Europe,
    but my historical knowlegde is zero, well almost zero.
    Perhaps other reincarnated knights and fair maidens can help you.

Good luck :)

Curious Girl.

3. Sunniva

Hehehe:)

Thank you for the reply.

I can´t believe though that you say you don´t have cathedrals (or just huge gothic churches) in the Netherlands. My boyfriend lives in Den Haag now, but lived in Maastricht before and there is three in that town alone...:).

You are right about the landscape. I have a feeling that it is Germany too and not the Netherlands.

4. curious_girl

Maastricht is almost Germany from a geographical point of view.
    I think you talk about the Saint Servatius cathedral?
    In Den Bosch they've got another gothic cathedral, the St. Jan (Saint John).
    But they've got more of that stuff in Germany.
    I shall try to find some pictures.

Saint Servatius, Maastricht
    I thought this was a typical gothic cathedral but it seems I'm wrong,
    maybe I mean another church/cathedral, but I can't recall it's name.

Saint John, Den Bosch
    This is the real gothic thing.

Köln/Cologne, Germany
    Köln/Cologne, Germany
    I've always been scared of this cathedral, and I still think it's creepy,
    it's not far from the Dutch border.

Just to give you an idea :)

Curious Girl.

5. Not Again!

Not Again! Senior Registered

Your name wouldn't have been Lydia, eh?

I'm joking. In a dream I had a long time ago, I was supposedly murdered during medieval times in a castle like building by a woman named Lydia.

Good luck with your search.

6. Sunniva

Thanks for the links!

I am also scared of the Köln Cathedral. I have a book on Gothic churches and whenever I look at that church I get chills...I wonder why that is.

Anyway, talking of Maastricht I felt extremely comfortable there. I was a little disappointed when my boyfriend moved to Den Haag, because I felt so...good in Maastricht. I visited the Sint Servaas (I think it's in romanesque style) and Sint Jan. There is also an Onze Lieve Vrouwe Kerk, which is not gothic however, but beautiful nevertheless! ;)

I tend to think that I must have had a special relationship to these churches - whether building them or serving in them. I do believe that I was extremely into my faith.

Unfortunately my boyfriend and I never went to Aachen which is close to Maastricht but in Germany. Maybe I should take a look at that place :) .

And Not Again: unfortunately no. I am not Lydia. At least I don't think so - I think I was a man :) .

7. curious_girl

Interesting, because I feel the same about the creepy cathedral in Köln,
    I love the German landscape and I've also got something positive (!) with catholicism.
    But I can't tell if this is a medieval thing or not.

Do you have an idea about what the castle looks like?
    Germany is still full of (ruins of) castles on hill tops, especially in the Rhine area.
    I shall email a friend of mine who knows perhaps more about these things.

Curious Girl.

8. Sunniva

I suddenly remembered that I had a dream for about a year ago (I just can not find the book I wrote it in), but I was walking around a medieval town with big gothic buildings built with sandstone thus making them stand out yellow to me.

I was showing my best friend (in this life) around in this place, which was very quiet and deserted. I remember it being empty.

You know the Stadhuis in Leuven? That was how the buildings in my dream looked like. It wasn't a real town. It was more of a complex with buildings; a university or perhaps a monestary - or maybe a castle. I think that was why it was so quiet - because it was seperated from the town.

I wrote it down somewhere, but unfortunately I can't find the book (I have just moved, I fear it has been lost during that).

Oh and thank you so much Curious Girl for helping me.

9. Klarry

Klarry Senior Registered

I must say that I wasn't a fan of Koln Cathedral either. I visited there when I was 15yrs old. We climbed up the spiral staircase to the very top and although I'm not afraid of heights at all, I was terrified and convinced I was going to fall down the stairs. I managed to get back down to terra firma by singing to myself all the way down to take my mind off it. My legs were like jelly!!!! Never again!!

10. Sunniva

It is a baaaad cathedral! :eek: :D

11. curious_girl

This is weird, I dream about such cities 3 times a week,
    I'm in a medieval city somewhere and I'm totally impressed by the buildings around me.
    I can't tell what city it is, it could be Dutch, Belgian or German.
    The central square in Brussels also has this effect on me, or a medieval town like Nijmegen.
    I love such towns!
    And now I'm thinking about it, Holland has more than 3 cathedrals,
    thanks for reminding me :)

Belgium
    Brussels
    Brussels
    Nijmegen

Curious Girl.

12. Sunniva

I never thought of putting the two things together, but I have a fear of losing and it is so powerful that it can paralyze me completely.

When I was younger and my parents would go out once in a while, I was not at peace until they got back.

But my boyfriend suffers mostly from my panic. He can't be 5 minutes late before I start panicking. My greatest fear is to lose him and my fear of seperation is immense. It happens quite often, without no reason at all, that I start to worry where my boyfriend may be (I live in Denmark and he in the Haag). We usually meet on messenger in the evening to chat and if he is not there 'when I expect him to be' I start worrying. The fear is completely irrational and all stems to this sick fear of losing.

Whenever I watch programmes on tv or hear stories about people who has lost their lover I start to cry and feel a strong pain in my belly, like desperation of *not* wanting to lose my boyfriend.

I don't feel the same way about anybody and that is what makes it strange. I don't feel that way about my parents (anymore) or my brother or any other family member. It's all about my boyfriend.

Do you think this fear is related to something in a pastlife? Could it be that it might even be related to a relationship I had with my boyfriend in a previous lifetime?

Or am I just mad??? :confused: :)

13. curious_girl

It could be linked, perhaps the two of you have been lovers before.
    Did you ever talked about reincarnation or these dreams with your boyfriend?
    Does he also feel attracted to certain periods or subjects?
    If you share the same kind of interests you it's fun to research some things together.
    I also think that my former boyfriend shared a past life but we never talked about reincarnation.
    I'm almost certain that we had a conflict in the past about money,
    and that he once was my son.
    He still behaves like a 5 year old sometimes, so it's easy to imagine ;)

Curious Girl.