Anyone with knowledge of Roman military during WW2 or post-WW2?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Benoit1025, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Benoit1025

Benoit1025 New Member

Hi guys! I was wondering if any of you may be able to help me with a dream I had a few weeks ago.

It started with me looking at a handsome young man, early to mid 20's in a military uniform. It was like i was face to face with him, so I saw him fro the neck up. He had a nice smile on his face like he was happy and proud to be doing whatever he was doing. I think I may have been watching him during some kind of parade or celebration.

Next, the scene zoomed in on the pin on his visor cap. I want to say the hat was a tan color, but I forgot to write my dream down in my journal, so that part is hazy now... :rolleyes:

Anyways, the pin had an eagle on it. The part that stuck out to me was that its head was specifically facing to its left side. It also had branches with leaves on it, that sort of circled around the eagle.

I dont recal if letters were on the pin or not either. But for some reason I brushed this dream off and didnt think of it, or especially the eagle pin until I was watching tv, and they showed the Gladiator. I saw the part where the Emporer was sitting in a chair speaking to someone, when he leaned to one side and on the chair was that same symbol!

So Ive been trying to research to see if any military members wore pins like that...my gut feeling is that this was after ww2. After seeing the pin up close, the scene changed again to a beautiful blond woman in a crowd waving frantically to someone in excitement, I suppose to the young man. Her hair was in a 40's style, but I dont think this was during the war. I think I was one of them, but not sure which. I wasnt involved in the event, more like an observer. But, if anyone knows anything about the roman military and can help me confirm some things, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've had no luck so far finding images of post ww2 roman military uniforms. Thank you guys! :)

2. Benoit1025

Benoit1025 New Member

Well, I have seen a few ww2 eagle pins and they all had the eagles head facing to the right. So I guess that is a little confirmation that what I saw was from peace time.

Does anyone else notice that when you have glimpses of past lives, you tend to have some kind of clue stand out to you that will help point you in the right direction? I think it's funny because I briefly tried looking for pins after having the dream, but searched for US pins because I didnt think it would be German or Russian and I didnt find anything. I was ready to let it go, and then found the Gladiator movie like someone was telling me "Yoo hoo...try Rome/Italy!" Lol

3. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

How about just searching for Italian insignia ant not specifically Ronan? I've had many things stand out that turned out to be clues.

4. Ghost of Gumby

Ghost of Gumby Hi, Friends : )

I have seen the eagle insignia with the head facing either direction.

(quoted)"The German government went on to use the eagle as the national symbol. Initially the standard followed the depiction of the eagle’s head towards the right side in order to show it as a symbol of nationalism. Conversely when the eagle’s head was facing on the left it was shown to reflect the Nazi Party. However, this conventional system was not followed to the letter." ( source: http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/articles/germany/german-eagle-symbols/4176 )

[​IMG]

5. Gryph

Gryph Senior Registered

The Roman Eagle has been used in a number of variants throughout history. Heres a few others from WWII and post WWII, both civilian and military

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Benoit1025

Benoit1025 New Member

Thank you guys! I've been using different search terms and I seem to be finding very similar things little by little. I'll keep searching and maybe I'll have big breakthrough soon. We'll see!

7. Arrant

Arrant Senior Registered

Without wishing to sound too sceptical that your dream has any significance (it may well do), I think it important that the appearance of the eagle as described in your dream may be nothing more than a remembered image from a long forgotten war film, or even a photograph in a book. It is very tempting to ascribe undue significance to random imagery in dreams, and the danger is we can then set off down the wrong path in our quest to discover the truth.

Just a thought, in no way intended to be disparaging.