• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Are you afraid of death..?

I cannot say that I am not afraid to die. That would be a lie. It has definitely helped my fears to watch NDE's on youtube. Most of them say pretty closely the same things that people have experienced upon dying. Some of them are highly interesting.

Even though you have a belief in life after? I'm possibly 90% convinced that we survive after death, so that 10% still makes dieing a scary thought to me.

I suppose it's only natural to fear such an event. It's not just death itself that's rather frightening to me, it's that there's so many horrible ways the "angel of death" can take us.:laugh:

Kristopher,

To be honest with your question it's not death I'm afraid of but how I will translate from the physical plane. I have already met death once in this life as I have had a NDE so I know what to except. However how one dies is another story. And that is usually determined by our karma and what exist point we have chosen to leave the physical. My mom died in her sleep which of course would be a smooth transition from the physical world as we leave our body each night when we dream. So in that case the dream does not end from that perspective until the soul notices something is odd as people they once knew on earth don't react to them anymore when they are speaking to them. They don't know their dead right away so it takes time to adjust.

However if one dies violently and suddenly there is usually a lot of emotional trauma involved being ejected from the physical. In old age and long term illness it takes a long time for the body to do it's thing. Which can be tiresome to the soul wanting to go forward on it next journey in life crossing over. I will say this. Once soul does leave the body for good it usually does not care what happens to it after that. Kind of like a old coat that is worn out and we take it off and it drops on the floor where ever it lands. The soul at that point has move into the astral body which is far lighter, easier to move around in and does not require, feeding, clothing, or protection from the physical elements anymore. Life from then on takes on a new meaning as our consciousness in general starts to expand and a new way of existing takes place. One in which we feel far more alive then we ever did while in the physical world.

So I hope to die in my sleep. But with my luck I feel that won't be the case. Either way what ever happens I will look forward to being with many of those souls that I have loved and known in this life that are gone now when I come back home.

Love and peace.. P.

Last edited:
Even though you have a belief in life after? I'm possibly 90% convinced that we survive after death, so that 10% still makes dieing a scary thought to me.

I suppose it's only natural to fear such an event. It's not just death itself that's rather frightening to me, it's that there's so many horrible ways the "angel of death" can take us.:laugh:
I don't fear death itself. I do have an inexplicable fear of death by fire. I have never been seriously burned but it's a huge fear.
I truly believe when our bodies die, our souls are rated and if we did not fulfill what we needed to do or learn, we are reincarnated.
-Grel

Death itself? No.
But even though I am convinced that reincarnation is real, there still is this deeply hidden fear of Hell or what ever you may call it which sometimes comes through. Probably a carry-over from past times.

I don't fear death itself. I do have an inexplicable fear of death by fire. I have never been seriously burned but it's a huge fear.
I truly believe when our bodies die, our souls are rated and if we did not fulfill what we needed to do or learn, we are reincarnated.
-Grel
That seems rather pessimistic, as though to be reincarnated represents a failure. I take a much longer view, in my opinion we all live many lives, too many to count, and being here may be something over which to rejoice.

Regarding "when our bodies die, our souls are rated", something like that, but it's important to consider who is doing the rating, and against what standard or measuring stick. In many near-death experience (NDE) accounts, the person reviews their own life, perhaps in the presence of a guide or supportive spiritual figure. Typically, the only judging is done by the person themselves. We can be our own harshest critics, often the spiritual guide may intervene reassuringly and try to get the person to be more gentle with themselves. In that context - if we take this viewpoint - then we may be here because we choose to, since we were the one carrying out our own assessment. Of course it's a broad topic, individual people vary enormously and their reasons for being here may vary a great deal too.

I tend to emphasise what is found in NDEs as this is among the most direct access we have to guidance, people often return from such events with a changed perspective on what is important in life.

However, these are personal views of mine and others are free to see things differently.

Speedwell, you just gave me food for thought :) I am seriously going to think about what you said. :) I love when people give my hungry starved brain a viewpoint that I hadn't considered!
Always, Grel

After Speedwell posted that post and pointed out perhaps we are the ones to be our own critic after death, I sat down with my coffee and realized he has a good point. I shouldn't be so hard on myself. Thanks, Speedwell, for the food of thought. :)
-Grel

After Speedwell posted that post and pointed out perhaps we are the ones to be our own critic after death, I sat down with my coffee and realized he has a good point. I shouldn't be so hard on myself. Thanks, Speedwell, for the food of thought. :)
-Grel
Hi Grel, I'm glad you found my post interesting. However, I don't suggest you simply accept what I say, follow your own instincts too.

This might sound strange, but I always had this gut feeling that this is my last life on earth, so death never really scared me...

Also, being somewhat of a Medium, I would have experiences in the afterlife, contacting loved ones, and spirit guides that provided me information on the subject. Death is just a scary madeup word that humans use. It not does exist. We are all energy and energy can never really die, it just takes different form. :)

Back