Brother's Memories

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Mammatus, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Mammatus

Mammatus A Squid With a Rocketship

I haven't posted here in a while, but my brother (who is 12) recently provided me with information that made me recall that I am in fact a member here : angel

He doesn't know anything about reincarnation, and I've never commented to him about it, but the dreams he described to me sound very, very much like he was recalling past life memories. They intrigued me even more, as he mentioned that I was in several of them.

The first one I'm going to start with were his Aztec dreams. He didn't describe this one as much as he did the American Civil War ones, but he was still very detailed about it. What makes me further believe that these were memories was that he recalled things that he does not know, and would not know. He has never read anything about the Aztec empire, or even seen anything about it.

So, here we go.

The first dream he had, he explained to me that he was a man about 30 or so. He had accompanied his family and several friends to a ceremony outside the large temple in the center of the city. It was a religious ceremony, presumably to celebrate some holiday.
    The emperor gave a riveting speech, and then motioned for the priest/medicine man to come forth. As he ascended the stairs to the platform, another man bound in ropes followed solemnly behind.

Next, my brother said, they placed the man on a table and the priest raised a very large knife like object to the man's chest. I'm going to cut out the bloody details that he gave me, but basically, the priest cut open the man's chest and pulled his heart out amidst his screams, and held it up. According to my brother, the man's heart was still beating.

The next Aztec dream he told me about, he explained that something unfortunate had transpired in the empire and he had fallen in with a plot to assassinate the emperor. He had managed to sneak into the emperor's quarters, but when he attempted to stab him, he was caught, and later executed.

He then explained that I had been there in the background, presumably a guard or warrior of some sort.

Then, he began to explain his Civil War one.

He was very young when he joined the Union army, possibly underage as well. He didn't allude to why he had joined, simply that he had.

He explained that at first he thought he'd be some glorious hero back home, but that he quickly realised what a bad decision he had made.

They had plunged into battle against the Confederates near a treeline, where he did not say. He explained that he was taking cover behind a tree as the Union soldiers in his battalion were being pushed back into the forest. He was fumbling with loading his musket, when a musket ball whizzed by dangerously close to his ear and hit another Union soldier in the head.

He said he was terrified and covered in sweat, and was shaking uncontrollably. He was about to round the tree and take a shot when a Confederate nearly ran into him, and my brother stabbed him with the bayonet.

He said that later, he saw me riding on a horse and said that I had been a Confederate. According to him, I may have been an officer.

I was extremely amazed at the detail in which he described his dreams to me, especially since he doesn't usually put such detail into his own works of fiction, games or really, anything. He also explained to me how to load and operate a musket, which he does not have any prior knowledge of knowing how to do.

I can in part verify the Aztec dreams he had, as I do recall having been an Aztec myself. I don't remeber anything major though, just minor details.

I cannot however, verify the Civil War one, as I currently have no recollection of a lifetime during that era. I do deem it a possibility, since my sympathies on the subject of the war itself, lie with the Confederates anyway and is a subject that greatly interests me today.

2. Jake

Jake Random Person

Cool! Well, maybe that's not the right word, considering the brutality of the content...

I agree that they sound like memories rather than "random" dreams. In my experience, ordinary dreams maintain neither the coherence nor detail that your brother described.

How, if at all, are you planning to discuss these memories with your brother? I mean, it's hard enough to tell another person "I have seen my past lives", it must be even trickier to tell them "You have seen yours".

Have you ever been to any Civil War historical sites? If you're in Ohio, Gettysburg shouldn't be too far away. Maybe revisiting a place connected with the war would remind you of something. Maybe the two of you could go together--and have a great opportunity to forgive each other for trying to kill each other all those years ago. ;)

3. Benoit1025

Benoit1025 New Member

Very interesting dreams! It's definitely something worth looking into as far as what battle he thinks it may have been, and that may help you remember bits of your civil war life. I think it's really cool that you and your brother have this oppurtunity to help eachother out! I too had a memory while using a Doreen Virtue regression cd of being a Confederate soldier in a wooded area. I've always had an interest in the Civil War, but it's one of those deals where if I had a choice, I would have chosen to be on the Union side growing up in MA so that memory came as a shock to me. Though I love to hear the song of the Confederacy. It makes me feel happy for some reason, never knew why until that memory popped up. :D

4. Reisender

Reisender New Member

Hi Mammatus.

Your brother┬┤s dreams are very interesting, specially that they are full of details.

Dreams are full of of symbolism, so they speaks to us in a language of their own.

in my case, when I have dreamed something related to a past life, this is not an exact reproduduction of a past event. but subconscious revelations linked from that life to my present life.

The Aztec dream of your brother, is particulary interesting because it resembles events previous to the fall of the Aztec empire.

I am familiar with the mesoamerica┬┤s history, so if there is something I can be of your help, I will be glad to assist.

5. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

The dream your brother described to you about the Civil War sounds very realistic to the times. (though they wouldn't have used the term 'battalion', perhaps you just used that term; company, regiment or brigade would have been used instead). I agree that these sound like past life dreams, absolutely. Especially with the emotional connection & description in the civil war dream. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

6. Mammatus

Mammatus A Squid With a Rocketship

I would actually like to go to some Civil War historical sites sometime, especially Antietam and Bull Run. Unfortunately, we do not currently have the money/time necessary to make such a trip.

We did recently go to a Civil War reinactment over in Indiana at a historical museum, though, although I it certainly doesn't make up for the actual sites. They had a musket display at the Union reinactors tent, which is the first place my brother wanted to go, and they allowed him to fire a musket into some grain bags (with help of course : angel ). He seemed to know exactly what he was doing, which is more than can be said for when he's got a BB-gun :laugh:

7. Jake

Jake Random Person

Has he considered being a reinactor? I've heard that there are Civil War reinactors who come from all over the world, and this surprises many people because people from other countries often don't have much interest in American history. It doesn't surprise me, though; I would guess that the majority of reinactors of a particular time period had been involved in whatever they were reinacting in a past life. ;) I'm still not sure how you would suggest this to him, though.

8. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I have a friend that is a reinactor (sp?) and loves it. He will be on the Gettysburg battlefield for the anniversary. He invited me along. Not. a. chance. I can see it now. Stir em all up and I am one of the few that can hear and see them.

Nope. I will be at home. He can call me. LOL

9. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Yes, I have several friends who are die-hard Civil War reenactors. It seems they just want to 're-live' the experiences all over again, or they are stuck in replaying the same battles. Fascinating to watch and talk to these people (I can't stop wondering who they were in their past lives!). We have thought of doing it, but I just don't like the idea of marching in the heat being shot at. I think on some level it might trigger memories for me, and my adrenaline would kick in, I don't know if it would be 'fun' or not. I have had a few dreams that seem to suggest that I was there in a past life, but am not certain. But if try and picture reenacting it...I don't know, I'm just almost afraid of the idea. (wonder if that's a clue) But I would like to visit some Civil War battlefields - I have done a lot of family research on our ancestors who were in the war and I think it would be fascinating to go where they fought.

I know exactly what you mean mama2HRB - another reason I've not done it.

10. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I wonder if that is why my friend is doing it. I will have to ask him.

11. Indian

Indian Senior Registered

I can recommend a book - "Echoes from the battlefield". Barbara Lane has regressed a bunch of both medieval reenactors and Civil War reenactors. All turned out to remember lives during the period, but not exactly as they would have imagined before, so it seems it wasn't pure imagination. From Rabbi Yonassan Gershom's review at Amazon for "Echoes from the Battlefield";

"Most impressive were a number of instances where the past-life memories seemed "wrong" according to what the re-enactors thought they "should be," but were later shown to be accurate according actual historical records."

Her other book on medieval reenactors is "Echoes from Medieval Halls"

12. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Indian - I LOVE those books by Barbara Lane! Yes, they explain reenactors well. I myself am one, (though not of the Civil War), perhaps this is why I found her books so fascinating.

Awesome books for anyone interested in reenactors and why they do what they do. :thumbsup: