Celtic

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Misty8723, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

I had some interesting images during this recent attempt at a PLR. First, I was male, 1500s. I was in a field and Stonehenge was in front of me a short distance away. I was with a bunch of men, and we appeared to be warriors. We were all carrying long spears with the point up. Nothing was particularly clear, so I can't describe it with any accuracy. It looked like what we were wearing was a sort of tunic like thing, nothing on our heads. After a few minutes of standing / walking around (at one point I squatted down but not sure what I was doing), a Druid Priest dressed in white flowing robe showed up. I realized that we were waiting for a certain time to perform a particular ritual, and that time was approaching.

Right at the end the name Cerwyn came to me.

I have no idea if this is yet another life I'm getting a glimpse of or just an overactive imagination. This popped up after dozens of other attempts where nothing at all popped up, so it's not like I'm busy making up past lives. I know next to nothing about the Celts other than I like the music. Oh, and it bugs me that people pronounce the sports team Selltics instead of Keltics.

2. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

Interesting, it appears that Cerwyn is a Welsh name meaning either "Black or white" hoven't found a definitive answer. No one knows for sure what really went on at Stonehedge, it's all up to debate but perhaps you could answer that question? If that is okay with you ;)

3. Dawn o the Shed

Dawn o the Shed Senior Registered

Hi Misty, I'm fairly sure you would have been unlikely to come across a Druid, or any other Pagan at Stonehenge in the 1500s, unless he was being chased by angry Catholics with pitchforks, LOL.

As far as I know, in Britain Druids were wiped out by early Christianity and history has very little to say about them until there was a surge of academic interest in them in the 1700s. The theory that the Druids may have had a connection to Stonehenge later became popular and eventually the public rituals with the flowing white robes we're familiar with began in the early 1900s. My Grandad was a member of the Order of Druids as it happens :) .

Could it be that it's a much earlier memory, or perhaps that the Druid thing is more symbolic?

4. Misty8723

I know next to nothing about Druids or Stonehenge. The first thing that popped into my mind was Priest. Then I thought Druid? I'm not even sure the robe was white, just some kind of robe. I've googled pictures and seen the Druids with the white robes, and it didn't look anything like that. Also, there was only one guy, not a bunch of them. The only other people involved were the warriors, and I couldn't even say they were Celts - just that the name that popped up sounded Celtic to me.

Also 1500s was what I thought when asked for the time period.

I'm not convinced it means anything at all. Some of the other glimpses of past lives seemed / felt more real than this one did, but I have no idea why my mind would make up something like this. That's why I posted on here so I could get feedback like yours, Dawn o the Shed, to see if there was any validity to what I came up with.

5. Misty8723

Twilight, I wish I could answer that question, but it was such a brief glimpse and no idea what took place in the actual ceremony. The visions faded out after the Priest guy showed up and the warriors started to form a circle around Stonehenge.

I also googled "Cerwyn" and see that it has some connection with Game of Thrones. I haven't seen anything but the first season of the series, but I did read all of the books some time ago. I don't remember House Cerwyn or Castle Cerwyn, but it is certainly possible that my mind dredged it up. If that's the case, why it didn't dredge up "Stark" or "Lancaster" is beyond me LOL

6. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I read all the books, too, Misty. I don't remember "Cerwyn", but I'll ask my daughter. She is even more "nerdy" than me!

7. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

LOL how ironic :p , well I suppose only time will tell. :)

8. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Fascinating. And here's another question, are you sure it was Stonehenge? There are many sites in Ireland, Scotland & England that resemble Stonehenge.....

9. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Think BC, not AD, and you are smack dab in the right place at the right time.

Before you go looking up Stonehenge, though, try to get a clearer picture of what you saw. Stonehenge was built in several stages. It was a wood henge first.

Also, "Celtic" is a catch-all phrase about a number of cultures, of which we know very little about. Same goes for "Druid."

10. Dawn o the Shed

I meant to make that point too, got distracted! ( I realise now my last post looked a bit like "1500? Ah but no...!", sorry :) )

According to the timeline I was looking at earlier, 1500 B.C. was about the time Stonehenge actually took on it's present stone form, plus a lot of changes were going on in the religious beliefs and rituals of the locals. As well as checking out some of our other henges, if you can find examples of mid Bronze-Age spears etc you may well find some validation for your warriors' appearance...

11. Dawn o the Shed

12. Athlynne

Athlynne Senior Registered

Interesting! Could you possibly have been hearing "Cerridwen"? She was a Celtic mother goddess.

13. Misty8723

It has been a while since I've been able to revisit this thread, and I just want to thank everyone for their posts and all the fascinating information.

The "visions" are still with me, haven't faded. I found a picture that looks like the warrior in question - the long spear looks just like what I was holding, point up in the air, top on the ground, and the tunic looks about right too.

http://liniocht.blogspot.com/2013/06/bronze-age-irish.html

The henge was just a circle of standing stones, roughly the same height. It didn't look like the actual Stonehenge that I've googled pictures of. Didn't have that thing around the top, just the stones. I haven't seen a picture of anything that looked like it though. The Druid, or whoever he was, seemed to appear from between two of the stones. It was like we, the warriors, were all standing around waiting for him to show up and then we began forming a circle around the henge in preparation for some type of ceremony.

Athlynne - can you tell me how Cerridwen is pronounced? Would it sound like Cerwyn? That is interesting..maybe the ceremony about to take place was to Her?

One of the reasons I'm inclined to have some belief in these glimpses I've come up with is that I really have absolutely no imagination. I've tried getting into a relaxed meditative state and consciously making something up - and I can't do it. My mind wanders off to everyday things. Also, my thoughts are just that, thoughts, not images. So when actual images come to me, I take notice.

Anyway, I haven't had any success since then, and haven't had all that much time to try either. I want to get back to it and hope this life will settle down enough to do that.

14. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Misty, I think the "c" is pronounced as in the word "carry". Otherwise, it is phonetic, "Ker-wid-wen". Welsh is a difficult language, but I looked this name up, once. If we have any Welsh speakers, please correct me! :)

15. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Two things:

1) There are a number of henges in existence, that we know of. There could have been tens or hundreds or thousands that are lost in time. They are in England, yes, but also France, Scandinavia, and if you include Cahokia, North America as well.

2) The "thing around the top" at Stonehenge was added in a later stage.

16. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

Yes, Ceridwen would be pronounced kehr-rhid-when. Soften the r and the d.

I shall try and find out about 'cerwyn' - I know a few Welsh speakers and have a Welsh dictionary back home!

17. Misty8723

I'm trying to remember if I saw the name Cerywn spelled out, or just heard it. Sometimes when it's a name I'll actually see it spelled out in my mind.

18. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

I know there is a boy's name called Carwyn, (car-whin) which when pronounced in certain regional dialects may come across as Cerwyn...

19. Cerwyn77

Cerwyn77 New Member

Misty8723

Hi, don't know anything about past lives but I do know that the name Cerwyn is a welsh boys name means fair love. Just thought I'd let you know in case it's any help to you??? Good luck!

20. Misty8723

Welcome and thank you! I don't recall ever hearing the name before (conscious memory), and it's very interesting to learn that it is a real name. I haven't had any more flashes on this, but I hope somewhere down the road I can get a little more clarity.