Children who remember DIFFERENT CULTURES

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by chickatx, Feb 14, 2000.

1. Enquirer

Enquirer New Member

Features...

What about your daughter's appearance in this life, does she look like Chinese in any ways? I assume that matter is noteworthy...

2. Deek

Deek New Member

Hi, I thought Leba was a Polish town & Li shka (Lishka) was a Polish name??

3. BJY

BJY Senior Registered

I don`t know whether there is a place called Leba in my country......The name sound come from Tibtan or Inner Mongolia.

4. mnmnpj2

mnmnpj2 Momma ta 2

Daughter's PL in Middle East Somewhere? *kinda humuorous*

My second child, a 17 month old girl, is so funny! (She's the one in the avatar picture) I swear she she must've had a PL in the Middle East somewhere because for the past 2 months she has been obsessed with putting her older brother's shorts (or clean underwear sometimes) over her head. She pulls it just right so that her face pokes through the leg portion. Most children I know don't like to have things pulled over their head like that--they kind of freak out, etc.
    It may be just a silly thing she has and she's much too young yet to communicate anything verbally about past lives but I just had to share this. It sure brightens my day to see her having fun like that!:)
    Mandie;)

5. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

My daughter's possible PL in Japan

A few weeks ago, my 3 year old daughter Emily "recognized" a kimono worn by a doll in an advertisement. She had said "I used to have a dress like that"

Sunday, my wife and I were driving to my mother's house. Emily was in the back seat.

About 2 blocks from my mother's condo there is a Japanese restaurant with a traditional Japanese roof and doors. We were stopped at the red light and Emily said "Mommy I used to live in a house like that"

Her mother asked where had that been and Emily said something that sounded to us like Cofoo (?) we asked her another question but she did not want to talk about it anymore.

I tried searching on the net but found nothing.

Today I stopped at the public library where I know they have a huge World Atlas.

I got dizzy when I saw that there is a place in Japan called Kofu.

I am not sure if it would be the same place as I don't know how it would be pronounced in Japanese. I am just amazed.

6. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

Hi Green Knight,

It sure is amazing how children's memories are right there...where we, as adults, generally have to search and wait...what an incredible gift you and your wife have in your daughter. These details are very important so be sure to journal them. If you have not already done so, a good read is Childrens Past Lives by Carol Bowman.

I can't wait to hear more!

7. GreenKnight

Thank you Susie.
    Yes she is very precious to us.

I have read Carol Bowman's book yes. Also recently Deborah posted the 4 signs of past life memories and my wife printed that.
    Journaling is an excellent idea. Thanks for the tip :)

8. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Re: My daughter's possible PL in Japan

You might want to try this link out then, it has a sound file that gives the exact pronouciation ;)

http://www.bartleby.com/61/78/K0097800.html

9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Greenknight what if you played that sound file above so your daughter can hear it? She may react to hearing the name by offering new information.
    I have no children so I am hardly an expert but I don't think this would hurt her or anything.

10. Shan

Shan New Member

Hi Green Knight,

"Kofu" is pronounced like "call" - "full" in Japanese. (pronounce it short and stress on the first syllable).

It is a city inside "Yamanashi" in central Honshu of Japan.

You may visit the following site for more information and pictures of Kofu:

http://www.bornplaydie.com/japan/

Good luck!

11. luodean

luodean New Member

Hi,GreenKnight
    I am a Chinese student living in Tokyo.Kofu is only an hour and half by train from where I live.
    Kofu in Japanese pronunciation is more like Koh-hu(Japanese can not make the sound f)
    I've been in Japan for 5 years and can speak fluent Japnese just like native speakers.I can upload the sound clip of "Kofu",if you like.
    Kind regards
    Luodean

12. Lowland_Kid

Lowland_Kid Senior Registered

Hi GreenKnight

VERY interesting!!! I hope the replies you've gotten sofar will help you unravel a bit more. Keep us posted.

:)
    Low

13. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

In india courtyards are very common. My family is from india and my grandparents live in a house taht has a courtyard in the middle. Courtyards are large and they have always been my favorite thing to see when i go to india. i love the open space. sometimes i see ppl setting up badminton nets there and playing badminton.

14. sirona86

sirona86 Senior Registered

hi neonhaze,
    i am singaporean of indian descent. yes sadiq is an indian name. over here its more common amongst indian muslims than indian hindus, but i cant speak for the situation in india.

shield, i dont recongnise the name pooba, but maybe 'pooja'? a 'pooja' is a hindu ceremony or ritual carried out in temples, and also a common name thanks to its significance. to most indians choosing the right name for a newborn is of utmost importance, and there are alot of elaborate ceremonies that take place when the baby is named. some hindus consult priests or astrologers upon the birth of a baby, giving them the birth date and time of the child. the priest/astrologer will then calculate what letter is most auspicious for the child's name to begin with. in my case it was 'ka' or 'kaa' . (my name is kavita) "poo" also means flower in tamil. ( funny considering what it means in english!)

ps sorry for the digression.

15. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

One of the greatest thing about the net is in situations like this you can actually hear from people living in or having experiences with the areas we are trying to learn about. Great posts, everyone.

16. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

Folks, it is so nice of you to post to give Neonhaze77 more information, but please keep in mind that her last post in this thread was about 2 1/2 years ago - she may not be around on this forum anymore.

Aimee

17. trixmix

trixmix New Member

my 'Mayan' child

Okay, first of all, I am not a person that believes in hocus pocus and weird things, but I have had a couple of experiences with my son who is now 20 months old. When I was pregnant, I believe he communicated with me, for starters...that may seem strange, but let me tell you the rest first.

When he was born, he was a pretty smart little guy anyways, your average parent bragging kind of thing, but there was more than that, he was only like 1 or 2 weeks old, when he started actually communicating with me...He would cry like a regular baby, but, he started going 'aha, aha, aha' during his crying, only at certain times, it was like a dull whining sound that he would make while he cried...But, like I said, it was only certain times...come to find out-the only time he added the 'aha, ahaha, aha' to his crying was when he wanted a bottle-he cried just normal screams & crying when anything else was bothering him. When I figured out what 'aha' meant he realized that he didn't have to cry for a bottle as much, so he would just 'aha, aha' whine when he wanted a bottle. And then he'd of course cry if he needed anything else. but, when he wanted the bottle, it was like he was questioning and reasoning with himself & me, like he'd ask a question
    'a-ha?, a-ha?' and then he wouldn't cry. It would be funny to watch other people tending to him, because they always thought every cry meant bottle.

Anyways, that 'aha' alone isn't too spectacular, but it gets better...One day, he was like 4 months old, able to barely focus in on much, but he would sit still and stare at certain things that caught his eye. Needless to say, not much caught his ey for long at that age, except one time I was on the computer, and I was holding him on my lap-I was looking up ancient symbols on the computer, for a logo design I was working on. The client had requested some sort of ancient symbol for their logo, that meant whatever their company was trying to portray...so I got on some website that had ancient icons & symbols, and it just happened to be 'Ancient Mayan language tiles' or something like that, anyways, I am scrolling along and all of the sudden he starts turning his whole body and trying to squirm somewhere, and I realized he was straightening up trying to sit up & look at the monitor. He was also laughing and almost putting his arms out to touch the screen...so I was looking at him, trying to get him situated, I turn him around & face him forward to the screen he immediately puts his finger to the screen like pointing & he was amazed, making sounds like 'ooh, oooooh' and quite obviously, knowing what is going on...so I look at the screen and there's these Mayan 'picture' tiles that the ancient Mayans communicated with, basically each tile represented a word or short phrase...so I scroll down a bit, and one of the tiles was an image of a running stream, and I look at the name under it & the pronunciation was 'A-Ha' and the definition of it was 'the liquid of life'. I almost fell out of the chair. I read a little more on the site, and he just sat there cooing to the screen mesmerized and baffled that he recognized these symbols...like he was seeing an old friend. The site mentioned that the royal families or upper class used these symbols, because the poor-or basically the servants hadn't developed a consistant form of communication yet....Anyways, he really didn't exhibit much more after that incident really, besides the fact that since he started speaking, he mentions the word 'die' or 'dead' more than any other kid I know. I have asked him several times if he remembers 'aha' and he always giggles and says yea, but he acts embarassed by it or maybe he just doesn't remember too much about it. Although today, I had the tv on while getting ready, and someone on tv answered the other person 'uh-ah' and said 'ah ha', and Dillon, who was playing nearby, repeated 'ah-ha' back at the tv.

Anyways, I haven't really noticed any other things, besides the fact that he is extremely smart and seems to have a vocabulary well advanced of his less than 2 years old...

I just wanted to pass this on to you all so you could tell me what you think...I get the chills just thinking about that night it happened, it was so weird, and amazing too...

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys...
    Pati :)

18. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Pati,

Welcome to CPL! It sounds like you have a pretty amazing little guy :D
    It definitely seems like he could be telling you about his past life as a Mayan! Have you tried showing him other pictures that have to do with the Mayan culture? He's young enough that you should start a journal for him. As he progresses through childhood and gains a bit more of a vocabulary, he may just start telling you some more amazing things about his pl's....and it's nice to have a record of this for him.

I would recommend reading Carol's books, and reading through the FAQ section here. Thank you for sharing Dillon's story, and please keep us posted!

Ailish :)

19. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Wow!!!

Wow Pati,
    That is so amazing. I used to try to explain why my son did things like this in a rational way until the only truly believable thing was that he, in fact, had other lifetimes before this one.
    Its not so bad accepting this. It's actually a relief.
    My son did some things like that, although not that amazing, but it was mild until recently, when he turned 5 years old and started kindergarten. I hear now that 4 or 5 years old is a time when a lot of children remember past lives. It would've helped me to know that a few months ago. I think I'd have been more prepared. Coming to this website is a great place to learn about this. There are a lot of folks that will share their own experiences with you.
    Anyway, in 2 or 3 years, keep your ears open, you might hear a lot more from him.
    Interesting that your son's language developed early. My son's did also and I have heard that other children in this situation also have advanced speech.
    Vicky

20. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum Trixmix!

I loved your story, it was SO interesting and fascinating!

Please let us know if your son seems to remember something, when he's a bit older. Or if he reacts to Mayan things, for example. You could show him books with pictures or documentaries about Mayan culture etc.

Karoliina :)

21. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

So Greenknight -

Has she ever said anything else that suggests a past life in Japan? I know it has been three years - but an update would be nice ;) I see you pop into the forum once in a while, just thought I would ask.

22. buntaro

buntaro Senior Registered

I have not seen this thread before. I used to teach English in Kofu! If GreenKnight is still reading this thread, I would be interested in hearing of more memories. Perhaps she would enjoy playing some Japanese children's games, like catch the ball on the stick, or Five In A Row?

23. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi GreenKnight,
    I'm estimating that your daughter must be 6 or nearly six now and I'm also wondering if she still remembers or if she ever said anything else.
    Vicky

24. kylepltlvr

kylepltlvr New Member

language

I was amazed when i saw that a friend of mine was reading kids books in French to her 6 month old, and learning French at the same time. Imagine the quick learning curve if they had a few past lives there!
    (Stoked on finding this forum by the way)

25. Klarry

Klarry Senior Registered

Hi Greenknight,

Just thought I'd say how familiar your daughter's experience is to my own. When I was 6-7yrs old, I obsessively drew Japanese ladies dressed in elaborate kimonos and big hair. I'd always draw perfect pagodas in the background.

I never really thought about it till recently when, under hypnosis I indicated that I had lived in Japan before and drew another woman in a kimono.

In my case, the kimonos and the building styles are what stuck with me and it seems to be the same with your daughter. Do let us know if she reveals anything else about this potential past life as it would be fascinating to hear.

26. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

FYI - Greenknight is around and reading but cannot post at the moment. We have not been able to pin point the problem. (see Forum Issues and logging in problems) If anyone knows what we can do to help him, please let us know. So far we have determined that it must be something with his computer and settings -but to this day -- no luck eliminating the issue.

Hang in there Greenknight. *S*S*S*S

27. GreenKnight

Thank you to all! I am finally able to get back in here!! My daughter, Emily will be 6 years old in a few days. She has not talked about her Japanese life in a while. The last time (about a year ago more or less) she told her aunt "my eyes look different than they used to" when her aunt questioned her on this difference, Emily said "They are round now". We were not with her at the time and her aunt asked no further questions but she did tell my wife about it later on..

There is also another child in our family, 3 year old Leah. One day while playing with Leah, Emily commented that she loved Leah, "even if she wasn't my sister before" When I asked her about that, Emily said she had never met Leah before. Then she would not talk any further on the subject. She was about 4 years old at the time. Nothing since. At least not that we are aware of.

28. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I thought this was a nice older thread that offers also newer members a possibility to share about their children, and what they've possibly said about different cultures. :)

Karoliina