coffee and alcohol

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by starrynight, Oct 16, 2013.

1. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

I'd love to know if this makes a difference to others memories or spiritual experiences.

Normally I'm a green tea drinker and have alcohol once every week or two. With so much going on recently I'm on cup of coffee almost daily and alcohol afew times a week. My flashbacks and dreams have completly stopped.

What I'm trying to work out is if living a healthier lifestyle is productive to spiritual experience or whether it's the personality type that people who experience more easily are just more sensitive to substances.

I've never understood how people can operate on tea and coffee alone without eating well. I'd be completly hyper, a nervous wreck and my brain would be mush! Likewise am the lightest drinker of most of my firends, by far.

It'd be good to know how tolerant others on the forum are, if lifestyle has any affect or not.

2. SkyeSpitfire

SkyeSpitfire Probationary

Alcohol ..... Helps me escape. I do drink (more often than I'd like) but I love all manners of white and green tea. What can I say? Alcohol keeps me sane. Strange statement, huh?

3. starrynight

lol. I wondered if i'd just got through my alcohol quota by the time i got to thirty! :D

4. SkyeSpitfire

Haha! Well.... sad and amusing as this may be, I always said I'd reach my goals by 30. I'm 27 now - and still not there. :( How naive - as it seems I'm not the only one in control of my destiny! Does alcohol help me function just to simply live? on this - what seems to be - cursed planet? Yes. But evil in some form is always in my life. Has it helped me regress or anything of that ilk? No... I tend to be more closed when I drink. But I still have my experiences and goals. Working slowly towards them, blindly sometimes ... Urgh. It's tough. But we keep on going, right?

5. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I don't drink much, because I come from a family of alcoholics. I was 27 before I had my first drink. It was a grasshopper, and completely revolting. I still rarely do, but this summer I decided to have "Madmen" summer, and tried one cocktail recipe a week. The first time I had coffee, I was 36! Now, unfortunately, I have that everyday. My husband corrupted my innocence! I think I would probably have an addictive personality, if I allowed it to happen. That's if indulging in chocolate is an indication. ;) I get intoxicated really easily, but coffee apparently has little effect on me. I can drink a pot, and go right to sleep, dreaming normally. As the Apostle Paul said, "A little wine is good for the stomach." I agree!

6. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I think your age and metabolic rate also have an effect on this. The young people here are not aware of this yet, but when you get past 50 or 55 your metabolic rate really starts to slow down. When you get to that point it helps to start eating healthier, etc.

7. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

I don't know that it has anything to do with the coffee and/or alcohol. I think the key, was you said "With so much going on recently...". For me, I've found that when I get too busy, and have less time for my mind to be totally quiet, I have less dreams and memories.

8. BriarRose

No, Argonne. I was always easy to inebriate. ;)

9. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I would agree with Lady2, its most likely the stress and strains of whatever has caused you to require more c0ffee than usual that is the cause of your loss of flashes and dreams. I drink 2-3 cups of ‘builders’ tea a day, yet dream and meditate normally; when I get stressed or anxious, meditation becomes really difficult and dreams just don’t happen (or I don’t remember them).

10. wednesday

wednesday Senior Registered

I'm don't drink alcohol, but it's not for any health or religious reasons. I grew up with a raging, violent alcoholic father and just being around all that turned me off alcohol, buutt....I'm a horrible caffeine addict :) or I'll rephrase that, I'm a nice caffeine addict with a high tolerance for the stuff. If I don't get my coffee in the morning I'm struggling to function. It doesn't ever keep me awake at night though and sleep well, dream well, and have had lots of experiences that would be considered paranormal.

As far as diet goes I don't think it's too bad. I like my junk food but I balance it off with healthier stuff. I've relabeled my junk food "mental health" food, that way when people are staring at my food choices I can say," it's ALL health food, the chips and the m&m's are for mental health, lol.

11. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I enjoy my morning cup of joe and have no problems with tea or alcohol either. Funny thing about beer. Here in the US, the custom is for a beer to be cold. Generally, the colder the better. I have always preferred mine to be at room temperature. I've heard that's normal in other countries, but I always get these weird looks when I insist having my beer at room temperature.

12. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member

Please don't take my coffee away!!!...

Hello starrynight,

I hate to admit it but I live on coffee (8-10 cups a day) and red wine. When people come to my house, I have to offer them tap water because I don't have anything else in the house. cover face Until now, it has never effected my spiritual abilities...only the amount of hot flashes I get! :( I do find that stress effects my connections more than food or drink.

And shiftkitty, I love warm beer too!! (When I'm not enjoying my red wine!) When it is cold, it has no taste...IMHO!

13. BriarRose

Lol, Aelfgyva! It's stress that interferes with my ability to meditate also. I'm not "centered" when I"m stressed, and don't even focus on spiritual matters.

14. Pyrosfuel

Pyrosfuel Senior Registered

Interesting topic. I'm a very light weight. I sometimes drink only once a year. I think I got all my drinking out of my system at the age of 20. My father was an alcoholic, never really liked drinking on a regular basis because of this. My father never had time for me, and my mother never had time for herself. But I do have some input for alcohol and the connection between this and spiritual expiriences and dreams.

Spiritual expierienced come from your connection to the higher powers. Everyone agrees on this that I've met. The only way to have them is to have an active third eye. What we put in our bodies does have an impact on its activity. The more fruits and veggies you eat the cleaner your body will be. If it gets to the point where you are consuming things that not as natural like caffein, alcohol, tabacco exc. it will eventually slow down or stop spirituality all together.

I will also offer a theory. Have you ever noticed when you do consume these things much more than normal you seem to be more negative! This I can tell you has a very strong connection. Everyone has either known an alcoholic or have gotten to that point themselves. Did that person like themselves very much? Did you like that person when they were like that?

Negativity shuts down the spiritual expieriencs much more than the consumption but if you get to a point where you stop haveing them all together, you should probly stop consuming unnatural things. This will make it easier to get back to where you would like to be, and help you start moveing forward again.

I've done research on this very subject when I started my spiritual path. The main thing to do is keep the third eye active.

15. starrynight

It's surprised me the number who've had alcoholic families just replying tonthis thread. Now wonder if this has an effect? You must be more sensitive & aware of changes in personality & the enviroment around you.

Enjoy my cocktails as well, briar! I think because i don't drink much it may swell be a good drink when i do.

I think i may be the only 1 so sensitive to coffee here, though was brought up up on weak, milky coffee. It started affecting my sleeping in my 20's, so never drunk it late. I don't know if being a quite hyper person i'm beter with tea.

My theory was that younger people are much more open to spiritual exoerience, wondered if it was lifestyle having any effect. I am very busy but not too stressed. Also notice don't have dreams when i'm on holiday when i'm relaxed but prob drinking more.

A plus side is it does give you time to let things settle & have managed to putthig together. My brain certainly needs a rest from most things from time to time. Also although i'm not dreaming i am getting loads of quick flashes just routinely through the day & am able to know straight away which life they belong to.

Skye iread your post on the night demons. I had theem on and off for years.They aee much better now. I try to do angel meditating most days, evev if just 5 or 10 mins & have really opened tp talking tp spirit if it helps. You can also tell them to go away-i have done that quute harshly.

Thanks every1 for the replies:D

16. Shiftkitty

I probably should have mentioned when I started hitting the java juice. I used to have hot chocolate with breakfast on cold mornings. We ran out so my mom poured me a cup of joe instead (sorry, I just can't stand have the smiley show up instead of the name of the drink, so I'll use the slang). It was love at first gulp! So there I was at the tender age of 8, a java junkie tried and true! I used to chug quite a bit, but when I heard about the unhealthy effects of drinking so much of it, I cut myself down to a cup a day, having two only every now and then.

17. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I wonder if there's a past life connection there? I don't care much for c0ffee but will have a cup when I eat out, etc. At home in the winter months I drink a cup of instant cappuccino with my evening meal. I read or heard a story that c0ffee was introduced deliberately in America at the beginning of the industrial revolution. Factory owners didn't want the workers coming to work drunk and the caffeine kept the workers alert during their 10 or 12 hour shifts.

18. Shiftkitty

I had never thought about that. I have always associated c0ffee with my parents. Weird as they could be, they were still my parents. Funny, I had always heard how bitter it was, but even when I tried it straight it was delicious!

19. skip

skip New Member

For SkyeSpitfire- You made me laugh with that statement of meeting goals by 30. I had the exact same thing, but my goal was maybe a little radical as I had planned to be retired by 30. It seems that it didnt quite work that way! And still has not, many years later. But, I think its ok to re-evaluate goals. And change them as our life changes. If we can be ok with change, things go easier. And to not be too hard on ourselves for "not" achieving. I think there can be reasons as to why that are for our benefit.

I believe that we have a life plan, that we ourselves planned for the purpose of learning, experiencing and overcoming the challenges in this negative world. Its an on going challenge to stay above all that, and for me, I use white light of love around me, and I have made up my mind not to get sucked into negativity, and try my best to avoid others dramas.

I am fortunate that alcohol does not appear to me and wish I could say the same for chocolate, but I have cut way back. Part of that is because Im allergic to it. Go figure.

My best friend was an alcoholic all his life and for him, it really ruled his life until the last few years of his life, when after being in a recovery therapy session, he cried for the first time in 50 years. Theres a lot to be said for crying and releasing emotions. He got his life together, and helped others get their lives together . I always thought he lost a lot of his life due to the drinking, but maybe there were other things going on. He caused many to help, feel compassion, and be thankful for what they had in their own lives. And he ended up helping others and maybe he had to spend his life being ready to do so, who knows.

The problem with alcohol is that its a depressant, and can start a cycle of constantly keeping one depressed. So, one may drink more to not feel depressed,and actually is causing more depression. Wanting some relief from the depression can cause a dependency. And the strange part is, that the feeling of being overwhelmed, or a slight depression, may actually have a simple cure such as a vitamin D 3 shortage which has become an epidemic these days. Supplements REALLY help me and many are now testing (blood test) their D3 level and feeling better due to just getting the vitamins needed. Especially since we dont spend much time in the sun these days absorbing vitamin D from the sun, Then there the shorter winter sunlite hours too.

When stress appears, I take deep breaths and think of being somewhere relaxing. Or, walk outside and just take a break and regroup. If something is really bothering me, I write down my thoughts. This kind of journaling helps me to move the thoughts from my mind, onto paper where it seems to make more sense, and cause a release of some of the stress. I will ask who I believe in to help out before I go to bed. Cant hurt and its free!

I wish you success with your writing. There are many books these days on what publishers look for in a story, and even publishers seminars. I have a friend who is doing some of this to get an edge on her career. I like your attitude, and if you believe in yourself, practice your craft and stick with it, you will learn more every day and make a little progress at a time which is just fine to do. In this fast food world, its easy to want everything NOW, but good things can often take time to reach the proper state of being really ready. So maybe patience is part of these lessons we are here to learn. I think so, and it has been so for me. I wish you success.

Skip

20. starrynight

I used to have hot chocolate with breakfast on cold mornings. We ran out so my mom poured me a cup of joe instead (sorry, I just can't stand have the smiley show up instead of the name of the drink, so I'll use the slang).

Know what you mean about the man, shiftkitty.

I was introduced to hot chocolate with brandy as the typical Spanish breakfast as a teenager. It's heaven but I don't think my day would get anywhere with it now:laugh:

21. starrynight

I don't know about you in the States, but it's like work in the Uk now. I'm sure they'd drip feed you coffee to keep you there.

Prefer fresh air breaks myself.:rolleyes:

22. starrynight

I think I had that goal a while ago as well.

I completly agree with your post skip. Sometimes I think the need to work is good, so long as you get on the right path and find what's right for you.

We're all different, nine to five doesn't work for everyone. I've only recently allowed myself to admit this to people with out feeling guilty. I really believe everyone has something positive to give to society.

Am looking forward to those flying cars cover face

23. SkyeSpitfire

Thanks Skip! The process is long and my impatience is probably one of the most irritating things I'm finding out about myself with regard to all this - but I keep the faith. I just keep telling myself it's only a matter of time - and let's hope so; I'll be so disappointed if I end up dead without achieving it! (I'm sure my soul will realize afterwards it never quite reached the goal. Lol)

24. starrynight

Skye I am sure you'll make it. At least you are on the right path and know what you want.

I could say we should just enjoy the experience but am as guilty at lack of patience. I have found this process a good learning curve. A number of times I give the writing a rest, putting thoughts of getting there away and work my life out without it but I always go back.

Each time I go back to my book I find that yes, I can improve it, even if I didn't think it before. I beleive in some way by not getting there yet I'm being protected by the universe. Maybe I have to be more ready mentally?

I've been trying to meditate recently. I'm not natural and it doesn't come easily but somewhere within I know I'm on the right path and it will get there eventually.

Just a small lesson I learnt: It took us a number of years to sell our last home. I spent most of this time looking at houses, planning what I would do with them, wanting a nice, family house and wishing we could hurry up and move.

Three years on from eventually moving I love our home but it still needs loads of work and we don't get time for holidays. I now think why did I waste all that time when we were waiting? I think the universe was just giving me time to live my life before I got the house an I really wish I'd taken more holiday and done some travelling while I could.

I have faith you'll get there but don't forget the present;)

25. Clarence

Clarence New Member

Coffee and green tea are the drinks that control the bad level of the cholesterol level. I am drinking green tea on regular basis to control my cholesterol level and lose extra body fat.

26. Nangijala

Nangijala Member

I've no experiences with alcohol or cofee but eating lots of sugar and meat certainly is an obstacle when you try to meditate or to regress. I think food can influence our concentration.

27. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

With the types of past life stuff coming down for me, when its dense then you need a cup of joe to get through, but it seems it just makes it come down more... so no... LOL

28. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

I agree with nangijala, food definitely affects my concentration (even before I had blood sugar issues) and it also affects how well I can manage pl emotions and triggers. Being well-fed has been important, if I don't keep up with my appetite I notice it's harder for me to keep some of those leftover pl emotions off my back. If I know I have to do something that might trigger some of that stuff, staying fed and getting enough sleep are probably the best ways I can prevent getting caught up in pl emotions when I need to focus on the present.

I dont notice any difference with caffeine though, and caffeine is something I have a loooot of experience with. Perhaps a bit of difference is that I use caffeine when I need to focus on present life things, frankly I'm not too sure it would be so useful for recovering or focusing on past life stuff for me. Caffeince does affect the mind as well as the body and I think I'd rather have a clean body and mind when I approach regression or past life subjects.