• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Could I be onto something? - Strong soul connection to another person

Hey all!

New here but I've been coming here for a while! So, I hope this is the right place to put this.

So as far back as I can remember I've always been open minded and used to say to my parents that I "knew God before". Looking back I wished they would have asked more but they did not. Unfortunately, I do not remember saying that.

So, here is where things get interesting! When I was a kid growing up, there was a young couple in their mid 20s. About 15 to 20 years older then I. They were good friends to my parents and always took me everywhere with them. I had always felt a strong connection to them like they were my family before. Mostly to the young woman. I was in their wedding when I was younger as their flower girl. Through-out the years we've always stayed in touch, doing things with them. This past weekend they randomly invited me up and of course I jumped at the chance to see them! I returned home today feeling so sad not wanting to leave. Again, I've always have felt a connection to both but mostly the woman. She has always felt like a second mom to me. This weekend we had so much fun and it just felt like we have done this so many times.

Has anyone ever dealt with this? Like a strong connection to a person and you cannot explain it?

It's like when I look into her eyes, I recognize her soul. We have spoken a little about this in the past but she is pretty reglious and doesn't believe in such a thing. It's okay, everyone doesn't have to believe but I do! I felt so sad leaving today and I just can't get it out of my head that feeling of leaving a family member. It's making me uneasy. I will see them again in the next few weeks as they are like family. But deep down I know there is so much more to this, then i can explain!

Okay, so thoughts anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

I have that feeling a lot. A soul can recognize a PL connection even if the conscious mind can't.
Hi there!
Thanks for replying back! It is mind blowing to me the connection I have with her. She even admitted today as I was leaving and hugged her goodbye that she didn't want me to leave because I've always felt like a daughter to her. I feel as though maybe this is true? Could it be or am I going crazy, here?

Hi Tashabasha,
Welcome to the forum!
I agree with you. When you feel a very strong connection to someone, there must be 'something'. It's a pity that most often we have no idea about this 'something' that we suspect but can't put our finger on.

Hi Tashabasha,
Welcome to the forum!
I agree with you. When you feel a very strong connection to someone, there must be 'something'. It's a pity that most often we have no idea about this 'something' that we suspect but can't put our finger on.
Hey there!
I agree! I spent more time with my second family (lol) this past weekend and I brought the subject up to her! I said isn't it weird how we have such a connection? She blamed it on knowing one another for so long! While that does play into it, it doesn't explain why I feel there is so much more to it and why I feel there is so much history there than I can explain! I almost wish I could possibly go get a reading done somewhere as silly as that sounds and find out but I wouldn't even know where to even begin to look! I'm spending Thanksgiving with them so to be continued for sure but I would love to know the underline connection but maybe I'll never know! Thanks for replying!

so true...you are lucky to have met your past life family:)) I know precisely that feeling. It has happened countless times in various countries.
But aside from that I remember a couple of years ago standing in a busy check-out line at a grocery store. The line was 8 people deep and a woman 2 families in front of me was holding a tiny child of about 2. The little girl turned around..her eyes locked on mine and she started reaching for me "mommie mommie" ..people in the line all staired. I smiled at her. Her mom looked at me...i smiled and said "i have that affect on children"....always have. Not sure why. I sometimes wonder what tiny children see. My bosses kid was always making Angels and telling her mom they were for me. My boss was confused by it. I had only met her daughter twice. All children gravitate to me like a moth to a flame. Any ideas? Perhaps it is because kids are much more telephathic and they sense that in me? Anyhow, my life here is to serve the needy. Nothing more. Respect all life. Do not take a life even for food. Be humble not proud. And give give give...once you feel how amazing it is to help someone you will want nothing for yourself.

so true...you are lucky to have met your past life family:)) I know precisely that feeling. It has happened countless times in various countries.
But aside from that I remember a couple of years ago standing in a busy check-out line at a grocery store. The line was 8 people deep and a woman 2 families in front of me was holding a tiny child of about 2. The little girl turned around..her eyes locked on mine and she started reaching for me "mommie mommie" ..people in the line all staired. I smiled at her. Her mom looked at me...i smiled and said "i have that affect on children"....always have. Not sure why. I sometimes wonder what tiny children see. My bosses kid was always making Angels and telling her mom they were for me. My boss was confused by it. I had only met her daughter twice. All children gravitate to me like a moth to a flame. Any ideas? Perhaps it is because kids are much more telephathic and they sense that in me? Anyhow, my life here is to serve the needy. Nothing more. Respect all life. Do not take a life even for food. Be humble not proud. And give give give...once you feel how amazing it is to help someone you will want nothing for yourself.

That is amazing and thank you for replying to me! Seriously! It sounds like you have met several of your past life family members too! How cool! I'm spending the week up here with them for the holiday week and just yesterday morning, I was again trying to open her mind and discussing reincarnation with her and how I felt like she and i knew one another but she again dismissed it do to religious beliefs. I understand not everyone is going to be open minded like me. But in my heart... I know we definitely have known one another. Every time i look into her eyes, have a conversation with her, we connect on a deeper level. She's always been a "mom" to me. It's hard to explain. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story! I always love hearing them!

Back