Did I just have my first regression?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Kislany, May 6, 2005.

1. Kislany

Kislany Just searching...

I tried yesterday Finkelstein's regression online tape (?) and the only things I experienced were pain in my eyes for looking too long at the white spot in the middle of the fractals and otherwise a deep relaxation. However no Earth shattering memories came back to me, nada.

Today I listened instead to the Astralware mp3 and to be honest, I was skeptical again, that I won't go anywhere with it. However I did feel the cloud lifting me from the ground and I 'landed' to a strange place. It was somewhere in Africa, there was a small village made of a few houses only, and the houses were from wood and the roof was from straw (?) or something similar.

I entered the house, my mother was an old woman, sometimes she appeared to have a veil on her face like the Arab women, and the father (or the male person in the house) was younger and naked - but it was quite ok, there was no shame in it, apparently. I entered my bedroom, it was sort of painted in green. I checked the year and it said 1876 june 25, although I might have well made that up, have no idea. I looked in the mirror and I was a relatively young African guy, really black with very red and thick lips.

I was dressed in some kind of white clothes, couldn't really identify what they were, but I had a bow and arrows on my shoulder. Then I went to the place where apparently something tragic happened, and I found myself in the forest - dark forest - next to the village - I guess I was a hunter of the sorts - and a snake bit me (could explain my fear of snakes) and then there was something like a wolf (are there wolfs in Africa?) or some other animal and I could clearly see the big mouth trying to bite me - maybe this is how I died in that life?

The next stop was in the place where I was very happy - and here is where something very strange happened to me while I was there. I saw a young girl/woman, pretty with long black hair split in two parts (braided) and she was so happy, she was laughing and her eyes sparkled and I was so happy with and for her that I started crying for real, I had tears streaming down my eyes. When I left that place I was really crying, and it was so heavy in my chest, I wanted to take her with me. The rest is not that relevant, basically the tape was saying that I am relaxed and returning to the present but I was still crying and couldn't relax anymore.

Even now as I writing this I feel my tears building up. I had never have such an experience - and now that I am writing this it kind of sounds silly - but it is normal to start crying during a regression? And do you think I actually had one?And if not, why did i cry? Oh questions, questions...

Anyway hope I didn't bore you with my story, but I just had to share... Any insights, comments are very welcome as I feel kind of lost right now...

2. Kislany

Bantu?

The whole thing is really strange though because I was never interested in the African culture, and I read that people are usually strongly drawn to the places, cultures of their previous lives.

On another note, I just went to sleep and suddenly a word came to my mind: bantu. Have no idea what this means - I could not sleep, so I had to come back and check the net for it...it seems that it's a region in African and a language spoken as well..I'm sure I never heard of this word before (in this life at least...):confused:
    I'm heading to sleep now, will research more tomorrow...

3. Kislany

searching...

I'm so excited, I started searching for info on 'bantu' and I found a couple of things, which seem to tie in somehow with my regression. I found these:

“A youth skilled with the bow and arrow might even contribute some bird or monkey meat to the evening meal.”
    This should fit in with this part of my dream:
    'I was dressed in some kind of white clothes, couldn't really identify what they were, but I had a bow and arrows on my shoulder. Then I went to the place where apparently something tragic happened, and I found myself in the forest - dark forest - next to the village - I guess I was a hunter of the sorts'
    and here:
    From http://www.culturalorientation.net/bantu/sblife.html:
    “As mentioned earlier, Bantu women do not wear the hijab for religious purposes. However, if married, they cover themselves by wearing a shaash dango (headscarf)”
    with this:
    "I entered the house, my mother was an old woman, sometimes she appeared to have a veil on her face like the Arab women"

It's not much, but hey, it's a start, no? :)

4. Sandra

Sandra Banned

Kislany,

In regards to feeling a strong pull toware a culture or place:

It depends on what kind of clues we want to lay down. After my recall, I've come to firmly believe this: that our entities decide what kind and how much recall we are going to be capable of, by setting up clues. We may not get around to meeting our capabilities, but we will carry the makings for different kinds of clues: some of us being drawn to a particular place and time, some of us being drawn to particular people in this lifetime who seem very, very familiar, or some of us figuring out that we will be highly skeptical and careful (my case) and just laying it out where it can't be missed, all over the place! (my clues are higly visual) :D

There's another kind of clue I've run into: no actual memories, but behaviors carried forward. One of the people in my present and past lives, Damon, cannot remember at all, yet, he carries forward a very strong resemblance to his just previous incarnation, Peregrine Feeney, in looks, behavior, and in personality. He also has carried forward a strong attachment to the entities who were his children when he was Anne Hathaway, choosing to marry them (no, it's not incest!) in at least two lifetimes.

I had no actual memories, or so I thought, of my Victorian life until the strongest clues triggered my recall. But then, as I have gone back over my life, I have found recall was dropped everywhere in it, just not identifiable as such until the key triggers were set off. My recall was largely relationship specific, and not location specific So, even though you may not be drawn to that past life in regards to affinity for the location, there may be other ways you will come to recognize that the recall was happening for you, all along.

Sandra

5. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Kislany,

I think it is very common that people start to cry when memories surface. Because I feel that most memories are connected with emotions , that is why we remember the particular events, places or persons.

It is wonderful that you found confirmation about details in your regression already ! Good luck on your further research !

Eevee

6. kris0503

kris0503 Senior Registered

Think out of the box

Perhaps you have had it with that culture and were disgusted with it, and were ready to move on and away from it in your next life.

7. JustinR

JustinR Senior Registered

this is amazing, especially, as, I, like you, have never had any real past life recalls at all. I'll have to search these out and, give them a try when I'm ready. that's if I dare do it, lol. the only thing that puts me off regression is that if, i get into a predicament, like a memory that is too painful, or a traumatic situation, I'm scared of being trapped in it and being being able to escape without anyone professional to bring me forward.

I might be talking rubbish here when i say that, so don't be scared about that. someone is bound to currect me and tell me, anythng I'm describing cannot happen. I'd be reassured by that if I hear someone refute my fears.

however, it sounds like you've had your first regression. the detail of it gives it it away and makes it somewhat certain it was a regression and not a daydream. It's amazing how regression can work on someone who isn't recalling natural. I'm just interested in my immediate PL to see, why i've got exactly what I've got and how I come to be here, in this current period in time. :)

8. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Laying down clues?

Justin, don't worry. I've never heard of that happening to anyone. The mind has its defences.

I don't think there's any doubt you had a regression at this point, Kislany! And yes, strong emotions are very characteristic of regressions.

For many years in my life I was into role-playing as an exercise to assist in fiction writing... with or without someone else, I'd play the character, so as to block scenes, come up with convincing dialogue, get inside his head better, etc. (I also realize, now, that I was harking back to a very similar previous incarnation... seeking it out in the only way I was permitted.)

However, even if the scene called for tears, I would stay dry-eyed. I noticed this and wondered what was wrong with me, actually. I see now that my mind quite clearly differentiated between fantasy and reality. Because when I go back into the persona of a past incarnation, I cry rivers. It seems sort of the same as the role-playing, because I'm being someone who isn't me... but the emotions are real and express themselves accordingly.

Sandra, what you wrote about laying down clues jumped out at me. What exactly do you mean by placing clues? And how does that, as you said, relate to our capacity to recall, which, you say, is chosen? I have a feeling this is a really important point for me, something I need to understand.

Warmly,
    Karen

9. Kislany

being trapped

That's what I was afraid of before as well, of being trapped somehow in the past, but the way it happened with me was quite different - and maybe that's why I was not quite sure - until everybody who replied to my post (for which a biiiig thanks is in order!!) reassured me that I did have a regression indeed. Basically I was there...but I was not there, if it makes any sense. I was listening to the voice of the hypnotist, was going back 'in time' and at the same time I knew I was here, I was not really there (once I even remember having a flashing thought about my back being kind of tired of sitting so long :eek: ). So, indeed, it felt more like a memory recall...it's completely different from what I originally thought that being hypnotised would feel like...
    What I'm wondering about is why in all the movies I've seen the person was really in trance and after the session was over, he/she could not recall anything what transpired throughout the session...or is this still something else, a different type of hypnotism?

10. Libellule

Libellule Iridescent Insect

I've heard that, if you are in a very deep trance, it can be more difficult to remember what happened. Or, the therapist could tell you to not remember something (though that would defeat the purpose of the whole exercise, wouldn't it?).

I think that, when I had my regressions, I was told that I would remember what I had "seen". I probably would have remembered anyway, though.

If people don't remember, it's probably the same sort of thing that happens with dreams. Some you remember, some you don't. But I don't think I've ever heard of someone not remembering what happened during a regression. Most of that is probably a dramatic device used by Hollywood for heightened effect.

Lib

11. Sandra

Sandra Banned

Karen, you asked:

It's something that occurred to me the more I got into my research:

There were just way too many clues laid down in a certain pattern. Especially the visual clues: it was one thing for me to resemble my former selves in certain features, but, again and again, others in my group resembled their former selves either strongly or in general - and I found it interesting just who decided to resemble themselves strongly. They were the ones closest to me. As I have identified others closer to the ones who do not remember, and don't wish to, they do not resemble their former selves as clearly. Remembering is not important to Nino, or Bear, or Pembroke, or many of the others in our history. But it is important to me, and it was also important to me to be absolutely certain - so the unmistakeable resemblances occurred.

It seems to me, this means some pre-planning. Just as we decided to gather together again in this area, we must have laid the clues that would open this up for me. Foremost, a friend came back with a face that, when made up for a role, would look exactly like the Moroccan ambassador who inspired Othello. This was the resemblance that really had me saying "Wait a minute..." because it did not come to light, for me, until after the event that made me finally say, "all right, I'm ready to tackle the Shakespeare question." When I was ready for it, I finally saw the portrait of the Ambassador. I was certainly in a position where I could have seen it before the moment was right, but I never did.

I really do not believe I remembered before this lifetime. This is the moment for that. And, I don't believe I was alone in making the decision. I feel my entire group chose.

I wonder if we "chose straws," which one would remember? ;)

Sandra

12. JustinR

JustinR Senior Registered

ah, thanks Rastislav. that's a complete relief! Just shows I've no real idea, or experience of past life regression. I may well try sometime and see if I can tap into anything.

Judging by my thoughts in my last post, I watch too many sci fi programmes :D

Justin :)

13. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Clues via resemblance

Hi Sandra (et al):

So what you are saying is that many of the people in your group decided to resemble their past-life selves, so as to trigger remembering in each other? And the more they are interested in remembering, the more closely they resemble their past selves?

Interesting.

I know that I can't make much of a visual resemblance case for myself; in fact no one in my group looks much like their former selves. But perhaps we made a different kind of agreement.

I wonder what other sorts of clues are possible? I guess they could be anything that the soul can influence, and that give a hint.

It's like the person expecting to get amnesia, writing a note to self...

Intriguedly,
    Karen

14. Sandra

Sandra Banned

Notes to ourselves...

Exactly. We've had at least one thread in the past that addressed that idea: if we wanted to remember this life in the future, how would we leave a note to ourselves?

How many possible ways could this happen?

I think the possibilities are infinite. We have to know ourselves well enough to know what kind of thing would make us stop and pay attention, no matter what lifetime we were living. What made you sit up and pay attention? To bring this thread back to the original idea of regression, what would hit you hard enough to regress you into past memories, put you inside of them, not just recall and observe them?

Sandra

15. Hippy16

Hippy16 Senior Registered

wow very interesting regression, were you laying down? or sitting at the computer?? i thought you had to lay down. anyways sounds very vivid. i too at felt real emotions during myregression, during my happy moment i felt so tranquil and peaceful, i loved it. my bad memory i actually felt scarred and teary eyed. i wish that astralware would ask like the names of people, and yourself, the town, etc. but regressions atleast from tapes just tap the surface to give u an idea of what you were.

also you said about not being attracted to african culture, could be becuase it wasnt your most recent life. i know i am only attracted alteast obbsesivly to the 1960s, but i also liked the 20s a little. since my regression to my life during that time i have been more interested in that time. i suggest finding music since music atleast for me brings me right back. but i always thought we only carried like "shallow" type memories as i call them, such as like favorite foods, music taste, style taste etc, from our most recent lives. so since yours was way back in the 1800s you may have well forgot most of the minor details and only kept the important things.

interesting that you got a name pop in your head. i got the name abigail marshal, or peggy/penny marhsal but i didnt amount to any findings past life related.

16. Kislany

I was sitting at my computer, actually, as I feel very comfortable there, that's my private space (that room), it is my computer room, my reading room, my arts and crafts room, my room for relaxation..although you'd be surprised how small it actually is :)

I didn't get that name immediately, but later in the evening, while preparing myself to go to sleep, it just sort of popped in my mind. I was totally surprised, as I think at that time my mind was not even dwelling on my regression from that day, I was just very sleepy. And that's when the 'bantu' word came to my mind. Don't worry, the sleepy mood left me instantly :D:

17. Pvt_Scotty

Pvt_Scotty Senior Registered

Kislany...

Wow. What a neat recall. I wasn't bored at all reading it!!! I know there are a lot of older and wiser people here, as shown by the amount of replies you've gotten, but I thought I'd add my .02 just the same.

Now, just to make sure, you were crying over that girl? I've cried (inside, at least) over my Mother Frejya in a past life.

I'd run with it... As soon as possible, I want to be regressed hypnotically to explore more of my Viking lifetime. I know bits and pieces, but it is frustrating.

Again, though, thank you (tack så mycket!) for sharing...

Scott