• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Died in an Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

timidtiger

My story isn’t anything as spectacular as what I’ve been reading in this forum but I have been having this dream routinely for almost 20 years. It seems to occur more often during the winter months and during times when I am stressed out from school or work.

The dream usually starts with a bird’s eye view of a dark haired, 30-ish, male on a pair of skis pushing himself sideways on a mountain using his poles. The bindings on his skis look very different from that of todays. It almost looks like a cable that wraps around a boot and then gets tightened by a lever somehow. The poles look like they are made out of bamboo shoots with a sharp metal pick at the end. I am wearing a navy blue one piece suit that buckles up. Next, the dream jumps to another view. This time I am looking out from the mans point of view. I’m looking down at my chest and I’m tightening my scarf and tucking it under my suit so that I can keep my lungs insolated. Suddenly I hear this loud crash. It sounds almost like a crackling. The earth subtly tremors from underneath me and I look up to see snow at the top of the mountain it is starting to slide but it doesn’t alarm me. It only looks like a little bit of snow tumbling and I have seen this before.

I continue to watch expecting the snow to stop sliding when suddenly a huge block of snow breaks free. At this point I feel my adrenalin kicks in. This intense calmness overcomes my body and I feel this urge to survive. I start to ski down hill and out of the way as fast as I can. The snow is a little too high and I can’t seem to move very fast. I start pushing with my poles but I’m not moving fast enough still. At this point I start to feel this intense anxiety as I begin to hear a thunder like rumbling. It gets louder as look back to see it coming. It all happens so fast but in the dream it seems to feel like eternity. As the snow approaches I starting contemplating taking my skis off and running but I can feel the earth below me shaking. It shakes so violently that I fall to my side and start to slide. My vision goes black and I feel myself doing dozens of somersaults. I’m counting how many seconds I’m sliding and from there I black out. The dream use to end there but then eventually I started dreaming that afterwards I am looking down at the obstruction from a birds eye view again. I remember thinking to myself “knowbody is ever going to find me in there”. I feel this extreme amount of sorrow and guilt. I start to cry and then the dream ends.

I wish I could verify this experience but I feel as if nobody even knows it happened. I was the only one on the mountain and I don’t even think I was suppose to be there in the first place. If this really did happen my body is most likely still covered.

In this life I am afraid of the dark and I’m claustrophobic. As a child my brothers use to pull the bed covers over my head and sit on my chest. I would scream bloody murder as it reminded me of an all too familiar feeling.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Died in an Avalanche?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back