• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Edwardian woman - A fresh memory ( maybe )

Jim78

Probationary
Hi all.

I just had another flashback.

I saw a group of women walking down a city street. One in particular stood out to me. She was walking down the street looking to her left.

She was dressed in Edwardian tartan, green and black or dark green. She was wearing an angled tartan brown feathered hat, like a Pheasants feather. Very stylish looking similar to this except more streamlined and sexier looking ( the lady in the middle ) and with a small waistcoat or higher waist or some other covering, I'm not sure, I was too awed by her whole presence:

053522_8493e9f7aa04475f9715910cff7ddaa4~mv2.jpg

The reason I say it might or might not be a memory is because she looked similar to every woman I've ever loved.

On the other hand I was in Edwardian London for a long time in my last life and, just like I would nowadays, I did notice my preferred 'type' of woman back then.

What makes me doubt the memory on top of her generally familiar appearance is that I didn't know Edwardian women could look that stunning. The style never appealed to my current self. My memories of women in that PL were mostly all from the early 1920s before this and they looked different in style to me...almost like my grandmothers style really.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did have dresses back then that displayed the elegant gait of a beautiful woman's carriage in daytime, not like the frumpy looking,grainy and speeded up dresses I see in documentaries:

Cocktail Dress _ EzyFashion.jpeg

The woman I saws dress wasn't creased though and looked to be made of a different material and the upper half was more buttoned down or seemed that way.

So that 'memory' would be from the late 1900s or early 1910s I guess, when I was in my late teens or early twenties. I guess its about bloody time I remembered a fashionable young woman about town from then London ( most likely ).

Dunno why I 'remembered' it though...

IMHO

?Something more concrete in a more human sense: some recollections of gestures, tones of voice, manner of speaking?
?Even some funny defect, maybe?
?Anything that makes a person unique, not just a generalized bearer of sex-tokens?

Looks to me more like a testosteron induced fantasy, than a PL memory.

Or a PL memory of a young man's street fantasy.

Good taste, nevertheless.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Cyrus.

What exactly do you expect from me? It was a short vision and it wasn't a woman I remember having a relationship with or even remember speaking to. It was from a decade before most of my other memories from that life so I was surprised to find a woman in Edwardian dress attractive.

I also only had the vision just before I posted so I figured it would be interesting to see if anything concurred with reality such as dress, style of feathers and such. Other members would be more objective than me so I posted it to see feedback you know?

I had an argument with a friend of mine only the other day about a persons gait as they walked. I said a persons gait is as much their own as anything while some people can also share similar ones and what really struck me about the woman was the upright, confident, elegant stride and gait of her. It was just like every woman I've ever had a real attraction for. Some people just make an impression you know? What really surprised me was that an Edwardian women seemed to have done it. We aren't simply bodies to be desired, we make impressions on each other with our styles and way of being IMO.

Memories, emotions and such along, substantially with pl memories, show me that the way a person conducts their stride, whether male or female, forms an impression on the witness, good or bad.

Sorry to disappoint you but I saw no defects. Maybe if she had smiled at me I would have seen bad teeth but she didn't.

Sex symbol? That's subjective. I loved a woman once with the same gait and bearing as the woman I saw in my vision ( although she wouldn't have been seen dead in a dress ) and when I told a friend how much of an impression she had made on me he said "She's like a horse." Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The impression I got was that I was a young man looking at a woman passing by on the street. Why would that dismiss my description as being a testosterone induced fantasy?

Firstly, I was never attracted to Edwardian women in my current life and secondly, most importantly, I was most likely a teen or a very young adult in my pl at the time I pinpointed the ( maybe ) memory.

Really. If you were nineteen or twenty and saw 'your type' what would you have thought? "She looks like me granny?"

I'm glad of my second vision of enjoying looking at women ( although no attention this time ). Makes a change from remembering other blokes and warfare or somone I want to forget.

Last edited:
Yes, Jim,

it's heighly likely it was your PL memory of a street episode from those times.

The PL memories, for me at least, on the most part, are incredibly sweet, testosteron induced or not.

Sometimes, e.g., I see an old rural stone house (in a mediterranean zone), and I get so emotional, I just can't continue going on. Nothing more concrete, as a rule, just a glimpse of some remote and long forgotten past. And sometimes it results in a longer sequence of memories becoming kind of inserted into my brain, so that I can, literally, play them as a recording, and feel impressions and thoughts I never suspected I had stored in me, but knowing they are MINE, and wondering, why haven't I remembered them so long a time.

It's immensely sad a sweet.

Best regards.

Last edited:
Hi Cyrus.

I often wonder why I have pl visions and why I have those specific ones I've had? Yet, like you, I've found that over time they build up a tapestry of insights that point to who my soul is and who I've always been.

Like your stone cottage things can move me emotionally, little things, because I realise that the mysteries I've uncovered are driven by something in me that I can't define.

Also, on another note, as I've said, my recollections of stylish Edwardian women before that vision was of frumpy, old, black and white, speeded up Charlie Chaplin characters. I've had pl visions for many years now and I'm always stunned by how contemporary and full of life they look. Not old or worn out at all.

The best way of describing it to someone that hasn't had visions is through Peter Jacksons They Shall Not Grow Old documentary.

They slowed down old WW1 footage with computers, colourised it and added sound. We could see the gait of the soldiers, hear what they are saying, see the colours they saw. It was a similar awe to my visions of pl memories except my memories are more intense and detailed than film.

Jim, I'm glad you've had such a pleasant memory to think about! What a refreshing thing to happen.

I've always considered that the costumes of the Edwardian period were very elegant and stylish, just as their houses were. My grandmother was young in the Edwardian age, and in photos looked very elegant and poised at that time. She also had an 18 inch waist, which would be a rare thing today! My grandfather was equally elegant and stylish, and unlike his wife, remained vain and immaculately dressed throughout his life!

I'm totally with you on 'They Shall Not Grow Old'. I think it should be compulsory viewing for schoolchildren. With the updated technology, those men looked so modern, they could have been any youngsters of today, and it brought home the awfulness of what they had to go through, in their innocence. Especially those who went into ww1 thinking it would be an exciting game.

Hi Jim,

I'm surprised that you're surprised that she was attractive. I'm old enough to have seen a lot of stylistic changes, many of which appear not only dated but absurd based on current style preferences. However, a beautiful woman is always a beautiful woman underneath or despite the styles, no matter what way the styles of the day shift. Clothing is just a "frame" for the "painting"--it is the beauty of the picture/painting you are looking at, not the frame. I only ask that the "frame"/clothing not become so weird that it distracts attention from the beauty of the girl wearing it.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--They were beautiful to men when they had dirty faces and were wearing animal skins, they'll be just as beautiful in whatever they're wearing 20 or 2000 years from now. I hope.

Thanks Tanker, although even when I get pleasant memories I'm wary of why I got them. I'm a dyed in the wool cynic.

Oh yea...I'm very much aware of the elegance of period female clothing. For instance, I worked on the TV show The Tudors years ago and one day I was assigned a female partner to work the crowd during a banquet scene.

My costume looked ridiculous to me, a 31 one year old man wearing a page boys outfit. I was relieved that they gave me a mask during that scene because I thought I looked like a fool, yet my female partner looked stunning. I told her that it's funny that I felt compelled to treat her more like like a delicate lady in her costume. There's something about period dress on a woman that changes how she interacts with men and how she is treated. All the men there were behaving like gentlemen all day, like as if the sexual revolution and more modern casual dress and attitudes hadn't happened. It was pretty eye opening to me.

Yet, as I said, I had never seen a real breathing woman in Edwardian dress before, only in crappy looking film and old faded sepia photographs and they screamed to me far pre sexual revolution, conservative, alien and way back in the past. I couldn't find a human connection you know?

I read that a copy of They Shall Not Grow Old was sent to every school in Britain on the day of its release. I've no doubt that, just like the Michael Collins film in Ireland, that WW1 documentary will be played in schools for years to come. Although the Collins film is not true to the finer details of real history that a documentary can offer.

They were very naive about modern warfare yet I still heard the plucky spirit in some of the WW1 veterans interviewed decades after the war. Remarkable really...

Hi S&S. Its not so much that I was surprised I found her face, gait and figure attractive, she was 'my type' after all, its more that I found the whole style of her and her clothing very attractive. I'd never got that from women of that particular period before because I'd never seen one before 'in real life'. They were always at a remove from me.

I am not as old as you but I remember the 1980s and looking at footage of women from then now they look so old fashioned and outdated and in many cases a bit ridiculous ( although my neice, who is nearly 15, is wearing some 80s type styles nowadays, some of it is apparently back in fashion ). Yet at the time it was just how people dressed and was perfectly normal.

There is another couple of factors in my pl memories of women before this new 'memory'. I have a bit of an obsession with a particular 1960s and 1970s TV actress. I've had it since I was a kid. I find she was mind blowingly stunning ( although she knew it in interviews which is a bit unappealing ). Her sixties acting she looks most attractive to me yet I find by her seventies and early eighties work, with her bigger, fluffier hairspray hair and style she starts to remind me of the women in my family who were young women in their early twenties in the early eighties. What I'm saying is she get to a point contemporarious with women I knew as a kid and I find her style not very appealing to me because it reminds me of my personal past, aging, how long ago it was and so on.

In the same vein, as I've said, most of the memories of women from that pl are from the early nineteen twenties. My grandmother died in 1988 and when we cleared out her bedroom it was a treasure trove of early twentieth century items. She even still had a chamber pot even though she had long since been bought an indoor bathroom by my father.

Although the style of her clothes we discovered and her old photographs were late twenties and thirties once I gained pl memories I would see women in my visions and think 'She's dressed like my granny.'

There are other factors too, such as that I don't simply remember, I see visions of the past, and how I was thinking back then and my more modern contemporary impressions of my visions are overlayed upon each other. Sometimes my pl and present thoughts on the visions are the same or similar, sometimes they are different, which is why I always relate my pl memories to my current self. For instance, when I remember women looking at me in gleeful awe from my pl I don't register whether I find them attractive. I simply know that my pl self enjoyed the attention and my modern self is dismayed by the girlish naivety of women looking up to the so called 'hero'.

In other memories its about business or conflict and such, so its not about personal relationships so my pl self isn't inclined to get too personal ( although I did have a personal touch in other ways ).

The further back in time I remember the less women I remember because I remember mostly conflict and, unlike as Collins, I remember just men in the fights.

The last factor that I can think of concerns my old love. I remember her from three different lives including my current one and although she looked different in each one I saw and experienced the same soul animating differing bodies. As such, in my mind for some reason, I've transposed her current life's face onto my pl memories retroactively because my current life contains the contemporarious experience of her.

That's actually something I've never seen discussed here. How when we remember the same souls from multiple lives our modern experiences of them affect our pl memories. That's how it has been for me anyway.

I understand that women will be and have been always beautiful to their contemporary men but some things I was sure I didn't like such as the skinny supermodels of today or the conservative looking Edwardian woman of the past you know?

Last edited:
There's something about period dress on a woman that changes how she interacts with men and how she is treated. All the men there were behaving like gentlemen all day, like as if the sexual revolution and more modern casual dress and attitudes hadn't happened. It was pretty eye opening to me.
Ah Jim, apologies but I had to laugh at that image, as it took me back to my younger days when I used to be part of the musical entertainment at medieval banquets. The period dress on the women had little effect on the men's appalling behaviour at those! Nor did it turn the women into sweet damsels! But then, maybe in medieval times men's behaviour at banquets was equally appalling, I don't know. What I do remember from it is the amount of food thrown at us minstrels which maybe also was authentic. But I'd say it said more about modern society than anything!

So I guess it depends what period the period dress refers to, as to whether men behave as gentlemen, lol!

Yeah yeah yeah Tanker....men at a party can be idiots, but I wasn't at a real party, I was on a film set.

I found that in our casual gear in the morning we interacted like modern people but when we were in period dress faking dancing to music and in mine and the ladies case, entertaining the faux banquet as faux actors, we were reserved and gentle and controlled.

If we had of thrown the faux food we would have been sacked! We were sober too so....

Yeah actually...that's what it was like. The women were dressed up as ladies of the Court and us men felt we had to give them their special day...almost like a bride.

That happened to me before, on my Communion. We were assigned a girl to look after her on her special day...

I am thinking many of the female background performers were waiting for the day to be ladies at Court. That's why many of them did it IMO and thats why we obliged them.

Ah yes, I suppose that makes a difference. We had the setting, which was a real medieval building, although everything else was fake apart from the food. But of course, this was little more than a modern businessmen's party as you say, and even dressing up didn't turn them into gentlemen after a few glasses. But I digress from your topic ...

It's an interesting point you bring up about relating to the same woman you love in more than one life. That would make a useful separate thread, maybe? I can't add much to that, as none of the people I remember from PLs have made it into the present, at least not with me in a personal way. But I do wonder how it might affect one's behaviour if that happened. You say you've retroactively transferred her current face on to her past ones? So it seems to be something that progresses in real time. That's another subject in itself! Have you discussed it with her? (Maybe you've already written about this, and I've forgotten. If so, apologies.)

Well, I have fractured memories of social interactions in the past Tanker, because I don't remember banquets and such....but it seems to me that back then we lived by different societal norms.

Sure...a letcherous king or noble could, what we call nowadays, sexually assault a woman in public and the idea of Catholicism and marriage was different ( I speak of my tenth century life ), we also were full of alcohol, bragging and aggressiveness that is a taboo nowadays with the younger generation mostly, but we also expressed our love of women by looking after them, even if they were an opportunistic, self absorbed slieveen like my wife Gormflaith was ( being a woman was something an unscrupulous woman could take advantage of back then, they weren't shrinking violets imo ). Yet there wasn't the casual human interactions of noble women between the common people back then, except on their terms, as vulgar as warrior men at play were. Its swings and roundabouts really.

Modern men aren't men of the past IMO. Neither are they better than the others in the past however IMO. We are just coarse and vulgar in different ways.

Yup, when I thought about meeting the same souls through separate lives I though it would be an interesting separate thread yet it still relates to how we view people in pl memories IMO.

It affects ones behaviour by a feeling and impulse of picking up where one left off, even if one doesn't remember why. Its weird yet natural. The same things enchant us, the same things annoy us and so on...

Yup, for me pl memories are progressive in real time, for instance...I formulated an economic solution to issues that have plagued my country since Collins ( my past life's ) time in my current life.

That's why I can't abide the notion that we are here to simply experience, not to learn. Also, I can't abide the notion that we are intrinsically different from life to life. That's not been my experience.

If its true we are simply here to exist then why is my soul still learning?

Last edited:
I'm with you on continuation there, Jim. Certainly being born in the same war I died in, it feels like picking up where I left off, to a great extent. And I haven't been much different in character from life to life too.

I hear you Tanker.

I would be actually interested in other members contributions who think differently and in why they do.

My pl memories have simply given me a broader range of experiences and memories relating to who I am than I had previously.

What do members who think the 'alpha male ' Brian Boru would now be a middle aged woman making a roast for Sunday dinner think such a soul would have to learn from it?

Is it because he could CHOOSE to be completely different? Why? What would his journey gain from that? I don't get it!

Earlier I had a quick vision of a young soldier, partially out of uniform, who looked like he had just been woken from sleep putting on his boots.

Dunno if it was from the Rising or the Civil War though. It was too fast and not enough details.

It probably wasn't from the War Of Independence though because he was wearing a uniform.

Possible memories seem so random to me. What's the point in seeing a soldier being mustered?

Jim, did you catch a glimpse of colour with his uniform?

There might be no point that you can see now in this quick vision, but maybe it might fit in somewhere later. I always enjoy the small, insignificant glimpses of everyday activities rather than the drama of fighting. It all gets written down, regardless, just in case it's useful at some future date. Mostly it isn't, but it's still a part of that life, amongst all the forgotten things.

Hi Tanker. Good call. I went and looked into it.

Although the soldier was only wearing trousers and the typical ( presumably) linen shirt of the time ( which I have had a preference for wearing myself in my current life since I was a teen ) it isn't the right green for a Free State soldiers uniform. It also isn't right for an Irish Citizen Army uniform.

This excerpt from a link describes pretty much exactly what I saw in my vision:

'Trousers
The trousers in the picture are straight and not in the bow legged jodhpurs style. Again they were made of grey-green serge.'

https://theirishwar.com/irish-volunteer-uniforms/

That fits what I saw although the colour is slightly off, his trousers were a lighter gray green than in most of the pictures I've seen. It made the trousers a bit lighter than the typical uniform of the period. But the article states that many soldiers had to get their wives and mothers to make their uniforms for lack of money so there were colour variations. The typical Volunteer uniform was apparently the ideal not necessarily the reality. That would possibly place my memory as being maybe early 1916 when the Irish Volunteers were being drilled in the lead up to the Rising.

That's weird though, two little memories in less than a week from before my initial earliest memory I've had for years.

I wonder why I'm ( possibly ) getting earlier memories? Or perhaps my looking into that memory has flaws. I dunno...

What do you think?

That's really interesting, Jim! I wonder, did you get a glimpse of your boots?

I don't know what to make of it, but it might be worth thinking back to the time (in the present, I mean) between these small memories. Is there a particular frame of mind you might have had around those times to make you more receptive to memories? I often find that I have a feeling not long beforehand, that something might be trying to emerge. But it's vague and hard to describe. Kind of like static electricity in the air, maybe, although more subtle than that.

I can't remember if you've said, but have you tried regressions or maybe theta waves to put your mind into a receptive state? Sometimes that might work for retrieving memories.

But it's good that something is stirring in there! Hope there might be more.

Hi Tanker.

No...I didn't see myself nor the soldiers boots, just his clothes.

There is a particular form of mind but its paranormal in nature and I don't think many here would be receptive to that. Yet I can say that I'm getting exactly what I wanted years ago at the start of my reincarnation memories. I prayed to God for more memories from earlier in Collins life about six years ago and, to my frustration, I never got them....yet I've seemed to have had two in the last week.

Why am I getting more memories now from the time period I prayed for? Especially since I'm in an unpleasant paranormal situation.

I dunno man, its looks like I don't really need regression doesn't it? These visions come to me when I'm awake, blinking or shutting my eyes.

Well, as the man said, "Its not for us to reason why, but to do and die."

Jim, I'm sorry you're in an unpleasant paranormal situation, although I don't really understand what that is. I hope that will work out for the best.

I find that answers to prayer aren't always what we expect, nor when, and maybe this is a case in point. When you prayed for more memories six years ago, did you say you wanted them right away? Not sure God's time is the way we measure it. At least you've now had what you asked for!

I know what you mean, visual memories come to me also when I'm fully awake or even walking in the street, but I have found that the occasional regression or meditation sometimes adds a few answers, if only because the active mind is settled and we're more receptive. But I still have a blank, mostly, when it comes to early past life. I can remember being a baby in this life, but not in the last one.

I think that too much questioning only brings more frustration. Maybe you'll get more when you're least expecting it.

On the other hand, think how lucky you are that you have a million more times the information on your past life than most of us! Not many of us have film images of their former self, let alone written information. That must be a gold mine!

Last edited:
Morning Tanker.

I made a topic on my unusual situation here months ago. This will be going on a year next week. The problem with posting some of ones experiences here is that people have their own beliefs therefore they can dismiss someone's life's experience as being the outright belief of a loon. A few people stopped talking to me in pm over it, although if I remember correctly those that posted in that topic were open to the possibility of my experience being real, at the least real for me.

Its was years ago I prayed for more memories, when I was naive and still at a remove from my memories and, yes, I said I wanted them right away. At the time I was still stunned to have discovered who I had been, not least that I had killed or had people killed in past lives as I had never killed anyone before in my current life.

Yet as time went by I remembered enough to see myself in those memories and I understood that I was always me in a different context. Those memories were incorporated into me. I feel as much my past selves now as I do Jim.

Then I resented knowing about past lives and wished for no more memories. So an old prayer has been answered, one I don't particularly want to be answered anymore you know?

Perhaps but I don't see what possible answers regression would give me since its answers as to my future that I want now and they will come in time thanks to the arrow of time.

I don't remember being a child in any of my past lives but I do have a sense of what some of my childhoods were like, if that makes any sense.

Yup I agree. No point questioning to the point of frustration.

Last edited:
Back