Empaths and the Reicarnation Cycle

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by bamboobuddha, Jul 8, 2015.

1. bamboobuddha

bamboobuddha Senior Registered

My partner and I have been reading a lot about "Empaths" recently (here is just a quick easy explanation of what I am referring to, if not the most academic source: http://themindunleashed.org/2013/10/30-traits-of-empath.html ). We both believe that we are absolutely empaths and it offers a lot of explanation as far as the way we operate. I was just curious to see if anyone else here knows much about "Empaths," and perhaps if there is a karmic link of some sort? Perhaps it is an "old soul" phenomenon? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

2. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I don't think it's related to past lives. I think it's a matter of being able to pick up on subtle cues. It can be psychic, I suppose, but I think most are similar to my husband. He's learned to read small bits of body language such as a slight change in expression, or a nearly unperceivable change in vocal tones, that lets him know what's truly going on in another person's mind. It was a survival skill he learned growing up in an abusive household.