Fear of Falling

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Shiftkitty, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

My fear isn't of heights so much as it is falling, and last might I may have had a dream that showed me why.

The dream started out in a dark cave. Some cavemen, possibly neanderthals (but I'm not 100% sure), were hunched up, sitting by a wall. Their hands were covering their ears, their knees were drawn up tightly to their chests, and they looked to be sleeping. I am aware that some early tribes buried their dead by binding them in this position. Only one was not in that position. He looked at me with an almost animal expression. I knelt in front of him and asked why he was not sleeping (mental communication). He stood up. A little hunched over he probably would have been about my height (5'2) if he had stood erect, but his back and limbs were twisted, as though they were broken. We left the cave.

He said nothing as we trekked through the wilderness up along a cliffside trail. All along the way I could see a train of people, his people, with what little they had strapped to their backs or else being carried. He was very stocky and clearly well fed, but some members of his tribe were not so fortunate and were quite thin and sickly looking. I got the impression that they were relocating.

Suddenly I saw a member of the tribe, my host, burst from the line. He was impatient to see what was up ahead. He had not been told where they were going and wanted to know. As he dashed up ahead, his foot slipped. He was too close to the edge. He flailed his arms and caught hold of an outcropping, but as he tried to pull himself back up, the outcropping gave way. He fell to his death. His body was not recovered.

In an instant we were back at the cave. I had felt the terror of falling right along with the vision I had been shown. The fall was but a few seconds long, but the end was terminal. As he resumed his seated position, I knelt in front of him and told him that impatience was something that I have had to deal with throughout my lives. That even so many years from his time, I am still driven crazy by not being told where we are going if we just hop into the car for a trip.

The scene faded from my view and I woke up, a little more at ease about my fear of falling, and taking note of what impatience had cost me once before.

2. KnickKnack

KnickKnack New Member

What an amazing dream, and way to see a lesson.

Your post made me think of my son ~ from the fear of falling from heights to impatience and being driven crazy not being told where he's going in the car.

3. Shiftkitty

What's crazy about the heights/falling thing is that I can stand on the edge of a cliff and enjoy the view without one thought of falling. I can walk along the edge of three-story construction pieces and not worry about it. However, leave me hanging by anything, even the chairs on a Ferris Wheel, and I freeze up. I do not rely on something built by the lowest bidder to keep me aloft! All I can think of is plunging to my death.

(Yet flying doesn't bother me. Go figure!)

4. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Fears/phobia's can form in many ways...For example you seem to fear an aspect of falling more then falling itself - which is that 'holding on/hanging in midair' feeling. It may seem strange to you, but it's really not. :thumbsup:

5. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Shiftkitty...that is really cool. What a clear and clean lesson.

6. Benoit1025

Benoit1025 New Member

Wow, that is really interesting! I have a fear of heights myself, but its like the opposite of how you feel. Im completely fine on coasters or other rides, and planes too. As long as Im enclosed in something I dont have a problem. Even if Im at the edge of a cliff Ill be okay, as long as there is a barrier of some kind. But I am terrified without one! Id like to ask you, have you ever been in the 'inbetween' state of being half awake, and half asleep and had the feeling of falling? Ive had that feeling too many times to count and always jolt awake sweating with my heart pounding. I always wondered if that could be past life related. I sometimes have had the feeling of swaying too, but that isnt as scary. :D

7. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Shift Kitty,

Wonderful, thank you for sharing. It seemed like a lesson to me. Impatience. Perhaps a lesson for all of us ... :)

8. Shiftkitty

Mama2HRB Too true! Lately, when I find myself rushing for no reason, I swear I can heara voice in the back of mind saying in a disgusted tone "Have you learned nothing?!?"

Benoit1025 Ever see the Grand Canyon Skywalk? I'd love to go there, even if only to feel my heart leap into my throat!

9. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Exactly what I have been talking about .. listen to it ... I have learned the voice can be quite accurate. :thumbsup:

10. Benoit1025

Benoit1025 New Member

Oh yes! I have a whole list of places that I wish to go to if given the chance, and that would be right at the top. I wouldnt let any fears get in the way of seeing that kind of view!

11. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Hello,

I've always had "a fear of sorts" of falling in climbing ladders; that is in climbing to heights no more than ten-feet off of the ground.

The moment I feel apprehension to climb a ladder, it's "second nature" for my father to say, "climb up to the next rung of the ladder, you're not going to fall!"

Naturally, I've considered this to possibly be past-life related; that is my past life may have ended as a result of falling.

I've also considered that apprehension involving heights may be hereditary; as my father is afraid of heights!

Marc

12. Shiftkitty

Is it possible that there's a perception problem or inner-ear issue that makes you feel just a little off balance? Maybe not enough to definitely make you feel wobbly, but just enough to say "something's wrong"? Are there other height situations that do or don't affect you in this way?

13. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I think both you and your father fell to your deaths in past lives. Is it just ladders that you have a problem with? What about flying, tall buildings, etc. If it's just climbing ladders then you can be 100% certain it's past life related. Maybe you and your dad fell together in a past life?

14. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

My initial impressions were that I fell alone in a PL!

Unknown as to whether or not may father fell as well; as he does not even believe in reincarnation.

For me, ladders are an issue; as well as the viewpoints of the edges of a heliport on high-rise buildings (which I've only seen on television).

Bungee jumping images from the top of bridges evokes similar responses as well. Viewpoints from inside a high-rise building evokes that mild unease with heights. Flying does not evoke fear of heights.

As for my father, tall buildings (from any viewpoint) evokes that fear of heights.