• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Feeling a close connection to a recently dead YouTuber

A couple days ago we lost a very well-known Youtuber who was from my country. He had a Youtube channel where he uploaded videos - mostly for children but also teenagers and young adults.

When I heard about his death I was shocked and unhappy as if I’ve lost a friend or a family member. I haven’t really been into his videos that much but I’ve seen a few and heard his music as well. At age 26 I think it is silly bc I have never meet him nor interacted with him on social media, and he was only 22 - Four years younger than me. But as a believer in reincarnation I’ve come to the conclusion that maybe my soul remembers memories of him from a past life and my brain doesn’t. I really wonder why I’m mourning like this when I haven’t even met him. It could also be that I’m very sensitive but Idk - there could be many reasons.

What do you think? And have you ever had a similar experience?

Btw he fell 200 meters from a cliff while filming a video and died on impact. A very tragic way to die as well..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to send some light and love your way. I am so sorry this happened, and that you are going through this with deep emotions. It is possible your souls had connected at some point as I feel the same about certain people whom I've not met

Haven't had this yet with people currently alive or who died recently, but with people who have been dead for a long time. It's like they meant something to me in a PL...

It is possible, of course, that you have met this youtuber in a past life. Without actual memories it is hard to tell, of course, how close you were. There should be SOMETHING, though. Hopefully, you will be able to find out more.

My best wishes to you. Hope you'll be able to deal with your grief.

Thanks for your responses. It means a lot to me. I’m just really sad about his death which is pretty weird because I wasn’t his biggest fan. I’ve only seen some of his videoes when I was younger and accidentally heard his music when some of my friends played it. I wonder why I’m feeling this way. But this is nothing compared to what his family, friends and girlfriend are feeling.

That’s another possibility I haven’t even thought of. Thank you.

I just went to bed but I can’t sleep bc I can’t stop thinking about what happened to him, his poor family, friends and girlfriend. I’m so overwhelmed by the situation, and I’ve also heard that he shouted his friend’s name when he fell off the cliff. And his friend was too far behind him and couldn’t do anything. I keep thinking about how this terrible accident could have been avoided, yet I don’t have anything to do with him or anyone who was close to him. And I’m still feeling guilty. Why is that so? I need answers!

Maybe you have been in a similar situation in a past live. Where you have been unable to save someone who back then was close to you.

Maybe it could be related to my past life in WW2 where I was unable to save my daughter who was taken by the Nazis. But I’m not sure. I just talked to my grandma about the passing of the YouTuber today and she does somewhat understand my feelings. She kinda felt the same when John Lennon died, and she haven’t met him either. But she didn’t have strong, deep emotions that lasted more than a few days. Today it’s been a week since the YouTuber died, and I’m still not over it.

It’s been almost a month since his passing, and I still can’t believe that he’s gone forever. I still don’t know why I’m being so emotional either. And why I’m not over it yet. Why does my soul feel so connected emotionally to him, even though I barely have seen any of his videos? And why do I feel like I can’t get over it before I met him in person? I know that is impossible, but chances are that he may be reborn while I’m still alive and that we could cross paths this way. But it’s not the same. Today I accidentally heard one of his songs on the radio, and I couldn’t stop crying. And the song has been stuck in my head all day.

Back