Future Lives

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by PastPilot, Mar 25, 2015.

1. PastPilot

PastPilot PastPilot

West Coast of North America where Winter seems to
    Future lives seem to be possible, as I have read various accounts of such things, but I am not sure how it works. However, with that said, I have had many dreams showing the future events in my life that have happened. For example, I had a dream when I was 12 years old foretelling an event and the event occurred exactly as shown in my dream when I was 47 years old. Seems strange, but I have read that we pre-plan our lives like a blue-print. Its not the events that are important, as one author pointed out, its how we react to those planned events that is important. The illusion is just set up in the physical realm to make it appear believable.

The part I have problems with is: If you preplanned something, but you messed up and did not succeed, did the unsuccessful attempt effect your other future plans, or was the unsuccessful event planned to be unsuccessful? Despite my life moving in all directions over the last 25 years, many of my dreams of the future have come true. In all cases, the dreams were 100% accurate. Of course, I only remember the successful dreams. Perhaps there are unsuccessful ones that passed unnoticed.

Many of the books I have read in which a psychic has made future predictions have shown to be wrong. Or is it that the predictions are yet to come? I have read that predicting the future is near impossible as future time is a best guess. What seems like 2 years may in fact be 10. Time is a fluid, if false, substance. In the spiritual realm, time is not relevant, and its rate of flow is something souls do not bother to track.

2. Nangijala

Nangijala Member

I don't think we plan to be unsuccessful. I think, planning our new life we just bite off more than we can chew. And confronted with our choices we can feel quite overwhelmed sometimes and suddenly take the wrong way. But is it really the wrong way?

Imagine you are standing in a room with many doors, each one them leading in one of your possible future lives. Some doors may be open for you in this very moment, some doors may be closed. With every good / bad decision you make now, one or two open doors will be slammed shut (for the moment, not forever!) and another one or two doors will be opened. And at the end of your present life you will just choose one of the still opened doors.

But in the end we can just repeat every situation we messed up until we manage it. Our path may be a bit longer but that's not so bad.

3. spacecase0

spacecase0 Senior Registered

I think this boils down to the nature of time

many people think time flows from beginning to end,

looking at it from a physics point of view I am pretty sure that time flows from the least likely timeline to the most likely timeline

meaning that each action you take changes the past just as much as the future

so yes your life is preplanned perfectly

and if you change something in this life, you change that pre planning as well

so your entire life fits together as a perfect puzzle at every moment, even if it all changes

I have run quite a few tests on this,

and it seems to hold true

4. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Different people take different stances on it, and there is probably a great deal of variation in how much planning either does or does not take place. Some souls are maybe more keen to plan everything in a detailed way, others less so and instead just plan a few things and leave the rest to chance, some maybe do not plan at all. But in each case, maybe there are certain points/experiences that are very important, and so no matter where you are or what you are doing at any one time, those experiences will occur regardless.

The way I see things is that the Universe has 'flow', and that once certain things have been set in motion, the consequences of those will happen eventually, maybe even a long time down the line. If something happens to change the course of life in the meantime, the 'Universal flow' will just change course too, to hit the right spot at a different point. Maybe the scenes you saw in your dreams were the result of actions already set in motion, so would happen no matter what?

5. PastPilot

PastPilot PastPilot

It is an interesting topic. Many of the dreams I had concerning future events were extremely accurate in that people will say the exact same lines, wear the same cloths, all in perfect sequence, including backdrops, trees and plants (flowers in some cases), all displayed exactly as depicted in the dream, regardless of how many years span between the dream and the event. I am even doing the exact same thing in the dream as in the event, right down to what I am thinking at that precise moment. A movie director would be jealous of the precision. In most cases, I have remembered the dream and kept wondering about is significance, for years, until the event occurred. There are still two such dreams I still recall in which I saw myself when I was around 60 years old. Looked very interesting. In that dream I am running a business and had employees. I was visiting with my staff on the 24th of December in the loading bay of my company. That can still happen.

However, my point is, regardless of who does the planning, be it you, your guides or whomever, our lives are probably preplanned. If I can have dreams that foretell events 35-40 years in the future with 100% accuracy in all details, it can only mean life is preplanned. The details of these dreams are far too accurate. This doesn't not mean preplanning circumvents "Free Choice" simply because we probably agreed, or even planned our life ourselves. That is still Free Choice.

--

Another odd point is this: In a number of books I have read, concerning hypnotic regression, many people, when asked: Why did you choose to be born?, answered in an odd way. They stated, "I chose to be reborn in this TIME PERIOD because of the technological advances as well as its a period where there will be a lot of stresses and people will need a lot of spiritual help". Its odd because many stated they chose this time period. That suggests there is a choice between time periods? If time doesn't really exist, I suppose this is true. But does it really mean in my next life I can choose to be a Roman soldier in, say, Nero's time?

--

I do recall a number of books stating that many souls plan their lives with the utmost detail, while some don't plan at all, leaving everything to their guides to decide, which is really a great test of love and understanding. I would think this points to preplanning as being a personal choice.

--

Weird. While typing that I had a flashback that lasted a second where I was planning my life. It is a complex thingy. In my present life, I tend to move more with the flow, but on the other side, it can be a different story.

6. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

It's a conundrum alright! I have had numerous future flashes myself.

The way I make sense of it is that time does not behave the way we think it does. We see time flowing towards us, like a river, in a straight line. But I think time is really more like an ocean. It is always there, even if it is a bit 'swirly', and it is we who are swimming through it. It is an illusion that we are standing still and time is flowing past us, just as powerful as the illusion that the Earth is standing still and the Sun is moving across the sky, when it's actually more like this:

So, sometimes we seem to be able to get glimpses of events that have not happened to us yet, because moments in time are all, always happening. It is we who are moving from one moment to the next, usually, but not always, in an orderly fashion.

7. PastPilot

PastPilot PastPilot

Time is something that we really do not understand. I have read that events happen, in a sense, all at once. It is an interesting conundrum. I will have to look into more. I have read someone's hypothesis on it, based on reincarnation. I will have to see if I can locate that description once again. It is a very interesting study.

In the meanwhile, I will probably still get glimpses of the future, which if nothing else, is still very interesting.

8. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

The concept of everything happening at once really confounds me. I always associate sequence with time (one thing before another). It would seem necessary to have sequence in order to have Karma make sense, yet sequence without time messes with my head.

9. PastPilot

PastPilot PastPilot

It does the same to me too, and yet, I have read of this concept now for quite a few years. We are wired to believe in linear time, but in the spiritual realm, time apparently does not exist, at least not how we perceive it on Earth. However, unless I can experience "non-time", it will always pose a problem, but I can accept it. It has been proven that time on is not a constant, but can be altered (example: time moves faster at higher elevations than at lower elevations, but in a lifetime this amounts to a second or two difference, but its still a difference. And yet, everyone on the planet exists within this time difference without knowledge of it or apparent effect).

10. spacecase0

it took me a lot of effort to rewrite how I viewed time to really get it

and it has changed how I live life

11. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

spacecase0,

Are you saying that time without a "sequence of events" is something that you understand? If so, please help me understand it. If I select a life plan that sets me on a path to correct some negative karma (that I am creating at that time I supposeheadbang.gif) still messes with my head since the very act of "selecting" is sequential.

12. spacecase0

there is still a sequence of events,

it is just that the causes for something might be somewhere in the future

I use the nature of time to change the path I am on, you might want to read this on my forum because I am unlikely to reproduce all of that here, but

the idea is that the cause of a change can be anywhere in time,

what ends up happening is going to be the most likely timeline,

so if you want to mess with it, you just make sure that what you want to happen is the most likely to happen

so time likely flows from the middle of time out each way to the future and the past, and from the least likely timelines to the most likely timelines

so there are still causes and effects, and still a sequence of events, it is just that the order may be all mixed up depending on how events are set up

13. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

Saying that time doesn't exist or that everything is happening at the same time, and therefore "we all are living all our lives (past and future) at once" doesn't make sense to me. I can't understand why this notion has become so popular in recent years.

I do think, however, that time is subjective and it doesn't "work" in the same way here and in "higher realms", that is, in "higher levels of consciousness" (as, in my opinion, it's not that time is an illusion, space is the illusion).

We have plenty of testimonies that suggest this is so: astral travelers often say time works differently in that plane, people with pre-birth experiences or life-between-life memories also say that what seems "a day" there, it could be months here (just to put an example). Personally I don't think the saying "time doesn't exist on the other side" makes sense because, if that were true, then no one with LBL memories would talk of preplanning or future lives with new challenges.

I also think we all can reach a state where our consciousness has progressed so much, and our atoms are vibrating at such "high frequencies", that we'll have the impression time goes slower and slower... until, theoretically, it would stop. If we think about this possibility, we could say we are "omniscient", as we are aware of "everything", past, present and future. ONLY then we can say time doesn't exist. As far a I know there's only one being that has done this: God (if he exists at all, of course).

When I was thinking about all this and reached this conclusion, I found out there are scientific theories that back my thoughts: take a look at the Doubling Time Theory, developed by Jean Pierre Garnier-Malet. Even more surprising, his theory might be the answer to many paranormal phenomena, like premonitions, déjà-vu's, past life dreams, and of course... reincarnation.

14. tanguerra

I know this concept of time being an illusion is a confronting and confusing one.

To explain it, I use this metaphor: while we are alive, in a body, in the world of matter, it is like being in a train and only being able to look out the window. We see the landscape rushing by, but we feel like we are sitting still.

In the 'altered' state of not being 'alive' it is like being able to get up out of our seat and climb onto the roof of the 'train'. Then we understand the illusion we have been operating under. Then we can see that life does not have to be viewed through a little window at all. It is not a little sliver of experience that rushes past us only in one direction, but is a wide plain that stretches in front, behind and to the side, as far as the eye can see.

15. PastPilot

PastPilot PastPilot

One point that comes to mind is what I used to call "Life Markers". I used to use this term to describe my dreams of future events. Lacking a clear understanding of just what they represent, I just took them at face value and thought of them as mileposts that let me know I am on my correct path in life. My thinking being, if you see snippets of your future self, and once these events come to pass, it shows you you are progressing along a path that was planned.

This sounds a lot like a Dr Who or Star Trek episode where a character starts to catch glimpses of a future event due to a displacement in the space-time continuum. At least in my case, these glimpses never show bad events, they just seem to show random events in my future. The only interesting aspect I have noticed is that the times shown have been times where my life changed, or I am at a crossroad. The event I see in the future never features the life changing event itself, but rather what I see happens at the same time as the change. And again, this is never bad. Its not a warning.

16. tanguerra

Mine have all so far been related to the same life, which I am assuming will be the next one. They feel just like past life memories. They happen just the same way, with 'flashbacks', except I know it's the future. They are little moments, often somehow pivotal. But just like a past life memory I seem to know all about what's going on and what I'm doing.

I have a thread about it for those interested.

The future

17. andrewx

andrewx Senior Registered

The early 1970's movie "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever" starred Barbara Streisand and the now deceased Yves Montand. It mentions a wealthy man who wanted to know who he would be in his next life so that he could leave his future self his money. I do not REALLY believe this is possible.

Respectfully,

Andrewx

18. tanguerra

Yes. I saw that movie! No, I doubt you can leave yourself money, but .... who knows! Maybe, since people reincarnate into the same family quite a bit, you could 'take it with you' if you inherited money you left your grandson or niece or whatever? ;)

Certainly since I started having these future flashes I have got a bit more interested in politics and global affairs than I used to be. I figure, well, I may as well start getting ready if this is what's going to happen!

19. spacecase0

if you help make better the future for your family,

you will likely be one of the ones it helps out,

I have changed my life based on the bits of the future that I have seen

and I am pretty sure that I have made things lots better

there is a reoccurring dream I have had for over 20 years,

the first time was just horrible, so I started getting ready for that event,

the next one was lots better, so I got ready more,

now the version of it is quite happy

and if nothing else, then I don't have bad dreams anymore

20. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

As a child, I used to try and use metaphors to try and illustrate what I had 'experienced' when my 'spirit' left my body during mulitple NDE's. As a child, I always told my family and friends that on the other side, the past, present and future - were all one thing.

I think a good metaphor now - would be a long river and canoes along this stretch of river. Say there is a relay race along this river. One canoe sets in at point A at mile marker 0 and is going to exit at mile marker 10. Then another canoe is set in motion at mile marker 10 and goes to mile maker 20 and exits while another canoe sets in the river at mile marker 20 and floats to mile marker 30 --- and so on and so on.

The canoe represents the physical body that is put into motion along the continuous stream of water. From the viewpoint of the various canoes - there seems to be separation from one canoe to the other when the 'riders' change.

The confusion is - we are not the physical body as much as we are the 'spirit' (stream of water) that is underneath. Our true 'consciousness' is hidden underneath the water while the physical body is mostly 'in the dark' about that which is hidden underneath.

There is no separation that occurs underneath the hidden water (soul) - like there is when the 'physical body' changes - as with the canoes.

So, when I was a child, I was constantly merging back into the 'stream of consciousness' that was continuous from the start of the river to the river's end. There wasn't the sort of separation that occurs with the physical body that was constantly changing from one life to the next.

Hope this make sense.

Sincerely,

DKing

21. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

I like your analogy, DKing, in the sense that time is relative. For example, if you're a fish swimming in the river, you're going to watch the canoes pass by, and your motion is going to be different than the motion of those who go in the canoe. But then, let's say there's someone else in the river bank, watching both the water and the canoes. There the motion is still slower, and different from the other two perspectives.

So, what I think it happens, it's that there are different levels of consciousness, different "streams" if you like. I think we are wrong saying we are "in" or "out" of a body, and so time just exists or does not. No, I think it's a bit more complicated than that. You can be out of a body, but still in a "dimension" (a state of consciousness) where time still exists but has a different "quality". Then you can move further, and time changes again. Probably this is the reason why there are so many different opinions about how time works "on the other side". People tend to think there is only "one other side". I believe there are many sides, and we perceive reality in a different way in each side.

22. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Just as the space between two objects determines distance

then time must exist on every level as a measure and/or distance between events

23. dking777

I think this is something that has been debated for many years. I know that as a child - I got into this debate with my parents many times after I came back from one of my experiences.

• Time has long been a major subject of study in religion, philosophy, and science, but defining it in a manner applicable to all fields without circularity has consistently eluded scholars. Wiki: Time

I would describe, or try to describe 'sequences of events' that took place when I was in that 'eternal' state from the viewpoint outside my physical body. My parents would argue that if a sequence of events took place - then - they felt 'time' had to be involved. It all boils down to definitions that people have in mind about 'time.'

In the dictionary definitions for 'eternal' and eternity - theology and metaphysics have always used a reference to being 'outside of time.'

• Eternity - Theology. the timeless state into which the soul passes at a person's death.
    • Eternal - Metaphysics. existing outside all relations of time; not subject to change.

So, I would just say that "time as we know it here, isn't what we know of it there."

Sincerely,

DKing

24. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Future Lives/Time

Hi Dking,

I had been thinking about you, and wondering where you have been. :)

I had an 'aha' moment, because I remember one of your posts about you talking with your grandfather (iirc), and said you had spoken with him (in heaven or in spirit or something like that), to which he said something to the effect of 'you are putting me in my grave, and I'm not dead.' Anyway, sorry if I have that all messed up, but that makes so much sense now, with your current post. Thanks for the post. Look at all the 'time' concepts I just used. LOL

25. dking777

Yes, that conversation happened when I was 8 or 9 years old while on an extended holiday with my grandparents for the first time. I was told my parents needed a break from my 'medical condition' as well as the 'zany' conversations I would have after I had a NDE. Coming back into a 'childish' mind and body - I didn't know how to put the vocabulary out there for my parents to grasp the idea of 'eternity' and where I was going. While discussing some 'deep' concepts with my Grandpa - I remembered encountering his 'spirit' on the other side. You should have seen the look on my Grandpa's face. This conversation started because I had encountered other family relatives I hadn't meet because they died before I was born. One of the spirits I encountered was his own Grandpa who had died before he was born. As a child, I looked up to my Grandpa as wise and knowing everything - and he was arguing against me about meeting those relatives that had passed on - way up the line of our family tree - and that is when I suddenly remembered my encounter with his spirit as well. The idea that people 'forgot' the knowledge of their 'eternal soul' was totally foreign to me at the age of 8 and 9. During that holiday - I met an Uncle for the first time - and I recalled his spirit from a past life - and how our 'souls' had planned our meeting again in this life. You should have seen the look on my Uncle's face - when I told him, "You was a rotten egg then, and from the sight, sound and smell of you it - you are still a rotten egg." (He had a mean streak hidden in him.) When I was a child, I didn't hold anything back when it came to the mystical, spiritual and 'hidden' information. :laugh:

But yeah, it is a topic discussed on the board before - how a part of our eternal souls - never leaves heaven. (Which is representative of the 'eternal river' or stream hidden from normal physical view.)

The same thing happened after my NDE in 1988 when I had a discussion on the 'other side' with the 'spirit' of a former classmate from childhood. I told an eyewitness to my NDE about who I had met while 'gone' from the world. My young friend had witnessed me 'dead' on the ground for 30 minutes before coughing back to life. He thought I should contact the family of my former classmate and let them know his 'spirit' had made it to 'heaven.' I told him - that my former classmate was still alive in the world of man and doing fine. He wasn't scheduled to physically 'die' for several more years. I even knew the year his physical life was going to end in the future. (On the the other side - it had already happened.)

But yes, the whole idea of 'time' in the body and sequences of events happening outside of 'physical time' is very confusing and hard for the rational, mental, physical mind to grasp and comprehend.

Sincerely,

DKing

26. dking777

Speaking of this - and how it relates to future lives - when my young friend heard this - he thought I had a moral obligation to use the information to go and find this former classmate and warn him of his 'future' death. As far as my mind was concerned, it was time for the 'canoes' to switch riders on the 'river.' I told my young friend, "It will be time for him to jump off and jump into another body. There ain't nothing I, or anybody else can do to stop that. It is done dollar deal."

At the same time, a Doctor was questioning me about my 'amnesia.' I told him a door had been opened in my mind and it was going to close up again and I wouldn't have access to the 'hidden information' from my trip (or NDE) until the future. He asked when and instead of telling him the year - I told him,

"The year Micheal Jackson dies."

The Doctor was astonished by this prophetic insight and asked how he was going to die. I told him,

"The official ruling is going to be homicide. Some might look at it that way and some may look at it differently."

The Doctor also tried to argue some sort of moral obligation to warn Mr. Jackson of some sort of foul play headed his way. I told the Doctor the same thing. "He has another body waiting for his spirit. You ain't going to be able to stop something that is already done as far as my mind is concerned. Besides, I told you the door is only going to be open for a short time. After it closes, I ain't going to remember it like I remember it now talking to you. I got my own worries to worry about. I got an avalanche heading my way and I got to prepare myself for that."

When I was in that state of consciousness outside my body (in the NDE) I got a peak into their 'future lives' and the fact they had bodies waiting for their spirits to inhabit in the future.

In the summer of 2009 - I was flooded with spiritual recall and was totally overwhelmed with it all. It was the avalanche I had told the Doctor about in 1988.

I was never shown the future - to change it. I tried once to do that - and learned my lesson.

We (as humans) don't plan our future lives. That is left in the hands of the 'soul' hidden in eternity. As far as what I got glimpses of in my NDE's - it is a done dollar deal. What ever is meant to happen - is going to happen - to lead you right to the 'exit' point your meant to take.

Sincerely,

DKing

27. PastPilot

PastPilot PastPilot

I always find it odd that people don't understand that. It always seemed obvious to me. If we, as humans, since we only really know our conscious self, with few people going into their subconscious, can think we can make decisions about our future selves. We simply have no real understanding of reality. Once we have passed over to the spiritual side, as I have read, its like an awakening. Only then do we see it as really is and then all our planning for our future self may just be dust on the wind as it was probably be based on fear, arrogance, and most likely, ignorance of our overall plan.

Sometimes I feel like we are just pawns in a much larger game.

28. dking777

Yes -- very much so - from what I recall (now) of my NDE's. The problem (for me) was - always trying to get that bigger picture back with me in the human body. It just don't fit.

As a child, when the 'reincarnation' memories came to the surface - mixed with the 'glimpses' I had of the 'afterlife' - I started talking to my parents to get answers - and not to try and convince them of the reality of it. They didn't have a belief - or - any knowledge of the subject matter. I can recall that at the age of 8 and 9 - I was extremely worried. This worry stayed with me through my early teen years. I was afraid of making the 'wrong choices' and deviated from the so called 'blue print' that I was aware of that my 'spirit' had sight of - but - I was totally blind and ignorant of the finer details.

Then I had another NDE at the age of 18 - and I came back very calm because I felt my guide was my own spirit and from what information I brought back with me - my spirit was working behind the scenes to keep me on my correct path. I was still blind to the overall 'blueprint' - but I had faith in my 'inner self.'

I sat with a group of friends and tried to explain my insights to the schemed of 'reincarnation.' Part of my insights came from my NDE - and part of it came with spiritual contact with the 'spirits' of 4 friends who had passed away. (During childhood I had a young friend die - so - I had communication with 5 spirits who spoke to me directly about reincarnation and their future lives) But, they all said the same thing after they had passed away. They were awake to the scheme of things and I was 'asleep' (or blind.)

The young group of friends I spoke with in the early 80's didn't believe in past lives or future lives - but they were curious about my insights. I gave them a metaphor that was appropriate for the time. The metaphor was a vinyl LP with tracks of songs recorded in the groves. The soul was the producer, the spirit was the director and our lives (as humans) were the songs on the tracks. Time was the 'needle' on the stereo. If my life was track 4 and there were 3 tracks prior to me - and three tracks after me, in order - that didn't mean that track 5 would be changed by anything I did or said in this life. The 'soul' of me - and the 'spirit' of me - had already laid down the tracks in the studio (heaven.)

I told my friends (after my NDE) that just as a LP could be played 100 times on a record player - it was possible that the very life we were living in the present moment could have been lived 100 times before - and each time - the same song (of our current lives) would be played out exactly the same - each and every time.

I was calm about it for awhile - and worry set back in until I had my recall again in 2009. Now that I have the insights back from my personal and direct experiences with spirit - I am calm again about my own personal 'future lives.' The blueprint of our lives were 'stamped' into play - long before we were born - and the design of it is not going to change by my human choices. My choices in this world are going to be based on the foundation of the design and I will end up leaving this world as planned - and when I do get to the other side (at the end of my life) I know with confidence that I am going to look back and see that everything that was meant to be accomplished with this life - was accomplished. I believe this to be true of every single human alive in the world today.

Sincerely,

DKing