• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Gaming talk

The gaming bed, omg! I’m mostly a mobile player but seems relaxing. Also, here are my bois chilling in the new housing system. So close to WL 7 and I hate it so the housing system makes it noiceu

Attachments

• 9FAD7576-3BAC-4624-9F01-9B32E4FE1990.jpeg
    9FAD7576-3BAC-4624-9F01-9B32E4FE1990.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 68348941-696C-4185-89E6-12D22CD6DC24.jpeg
    68348941-696C-4185-89E6-12D22CD6DC24.jpeg
    513.5 KB · Views: 0
  • A4D0E8B1-5741-42EF-BB83-7B8D25C1F60B.jpeg
    A4D0E8B1-5741-42EF-BB83-7B8D25C1F60B.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 1
Gaming? I feel that I should not. But...

Got myself the "Infinity Package" from Beamdog this year. I played Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2 about 20 years ago or... about a year after they were released.
Wanted to be able to play these great games again, with all the additional options, quests and romances.
The NWN EE I got when it came out even. Neverwinter Nights is another personal favorite of mine. Oh, and the toolset... had a lot of fun with it. Creating areas, creating NPCs, writing scripts... Never finished a thing, though (being a jack-of-all-trades and perfectionist at once doesn't help with anything, really, lol...).

The first games I ever came to play (still favorites) were Monkey Island 2, DOOM and Eye of the Beholder 2. I was in my twenties already when I first got the opportunity to play games that actually looked like more than just pixels and even had cool music. Never really got into things like PacMan (which would have been what was available when I was a teenager, LOOOOL).

Anyone here who likes the Baldur's Gate series?
Or classic point-and-click adventures (Monkey Island series, Simon the Sorcerer, ...)?
Or good ole classic 1st person shooters (DOOM. DOOM or DOOM)?

Last edited:
This might be an option for some who don't get to go out much or have other issues anyway I find it truly amazing there is a space somewhere that allows for people to be themselves where everywhere else is so fake.

I've been mainly playing Valhalla (AC) and also bit of animal crossing, mixed in with Skyrim during these lockdowns. England supposedly coming out of lockdown July 19th but i think its unlikely - we been in lockdown since before xmas

The guy who was talking about how short life is sounds like an amazing person that doesn’t deserve to have gone through all the things they did. I hope he's doing okay.

This might be an option for some who don't get to go out much or have other issues anyway I find it truly amazing there is a space somewhere that allows for people to be themselves where everywhere else is so fake.

I've heard of this game so I looked up reviews and while most were good there was the occasional review about people in the game not being the most friendly, which made me decide not to get into the game. I can remember about 10 years ago getting into a similar game to this called second life only to find out it was full of sex addicts so I quit playing that.

I've heard of this game so I looked up reviews and while most were good there was the occasional review about people in the game not being the most friendly, which made me decide not to get into the game. I can remember about 10 years ago getting into a similar game to this called second life only to find out it was full of sex addicts so I quit playing that.

Yea I won't be getting into "playing" for similar reasons though I do like some of the content people make. Doubtful I would belong anyway...

I wish by now, its Devs would have done something with those few, maybe ban them or something, this game is really good if I wanted to voice out all my problems.

Got back into gaming after I watched this video in January:
For some reason, I had avoided this game before. FInally played it. Now I have a new favorite.
As some people here are gamers and MAY want to play themselves, I can't say too much, spoilers you know.
Note that the game is NOT about reincarnation, not really, but if someone here played it I would be interested in what a reincarnationist thinks about the story. And how things like flashbacks and deja vu are described. Or things that go into the direction of a spiritual experience.
For some reason, I cried at the end. Still figuring out why. Might have something to do with that I could relate a little bit too well to some things the main character and one of the companions were dealing with. Which in my case may be PL-related (or maybe not).

The following quote is from the game (don't read if you want to play and discover that moment yourself):

„I suspect that we will continue to die and be reborn until we finally get our life „right“. I do not know what we have to do to bring that about, though. And therein lies the frustration.
Is it some sort of karmic cycle? As I gather, some incarnations have committed terrible crimes, but also there have been a number of incarnations where we have labored to do nothing but good. Are these incarnations intended as punishment? I don't know. And that is the only real truth I can offer in these carvings. I do not know.
At what point does the * I * get separated from the * we *? At what point am I free of the shackles of the actions of these other incarnations? At what point am I allowed to be * me *, without the weight of these past lives?“

Sorry if I don't respons for the next 2 weeks, I'll be off for a holiday.

The worst part, is that quote hits home hard. A lot of the time, I do feel like my PL is a thing I need to keep secret. That being alive now is a punishment. Everything about my childhood, from growing up poor, to being female doesn't feel like it fits. It feels like a puzzle piece that's been jammed into a spot that ISN'T shaped correctly for the bit.
My apologies if I sound like a tiny violin asking for sympathy, but I personally hate my life. I'd much rather be back in my previous life again, where things felt correct. I had self-esteem, a career, and succeeded at getting married.
The catch 24 is that I ended up becoming a criminal (or at least that's what I'm trying to figure out). Just can't win.

I used to feel the same, until I delved deep into stoicism and spirituality. For a looooooong time. So I hear you. Haven't forgotten how it feels, and I sometimes still feel like that for a bit before I catch myself.

After months of break from the game, I got Neuvillette on some low AR account I don't even use but now I'm gonna use it. His design and playstyle are 👌🏻

I have been into Baldur's Gate 3 lately. There are some issues with Dialog entries and Journal entries not trieggering properly if you don't do thngs at a specific time and/or in a particular order, but still a great roleplaying experience so far.

Back