• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Good vs. evil incarnations

MoonDansyr

Senior Registered
The whole "axis and allied" thread got me to thinking ... and here's hoping I can relay my thoughts through text.

The ongoing discussion seems to be "what 'things' make some of us evil?" Well, I have a couple different thoughts on this. The first is quite simply that the universe (meaning God, et. al.) doesn't see good vs. evil. The depth of this comment is very difficult for me to put into words, but essentially, it's a yin and yang concept or kind of like the tide ... it can't go out if it doesn't come in ... so you can't have evil if there isn't any good or vice versa. I can see arguments on this coming, which is why I said it's hard for me to put my thoughts into text. Maybe someone else can help me more eloquently express what I'm trying to say?

I know some countries are more accepting of reincarnation than others, but regardless, the vast majority of the world population is born with "amnesia." Right? And for those that do remember, generally they only remember the most recent life. Those that remember multiple previous lives *typically* do so because of great effort and regression.

With that in mind and my whole idea of "clay molding" - - which I guess I should reiterate here, as my comment may not have been read by everyone in the other post - - it is *my personal belief* that we all begin (as infants) "as clay" where a variety of outside circumstances mold us which is why we all take-on different maturing characteristics ... these being family issues, religions, cultures, environmnt, health (disabilities/diseases), etc., etc.

So my thought is that any of us could go "either way" depending on all of those things.

Now to my question ... I think several get the idea that once someone has led a seemingly atrocious life, that they then reincarnate to lead a more honorable life afterwards ... in other words, they learned from their mistakes on a spiritual level. But is it possible for the reverse to happen? I mean, I've gotten bits and pieces of what I *think* are my previous lives, but not enough to know what kind of "character" I was. And were I molded even just a tiny bit differently, I'd have EASILY dismissed the "bits and pieces" to just an active imagination or "just a dream."

WHY, then, is the amnesia so strong for so many?

Very good topic MoonDansyr, and very well presented, in my opinion. I tend to agree with you, good and evil are but different sides of the same coin. And it's merely an extension of our personal lives, I think. Just as we wouldn't recognize happiness without experiencing sorrow, on a global basis, these translate to good versus evil.

As for why some of us have easier times recalling our PL memories, I wonder if those of us who have trouble might have become as spiritually advanced in this life as we're supposed to become. While we can humanly feel more or less spiritual, I wonder if that is an accurate reflection of the true state of our souls? Maybe our human side is more like a chapter in a novel, which could contain false leads and misdirection. I'm sure we all feel more spiritual some days than others, so maybe that's a good sign just how out of touch our human nature is with our soul's spirit.

John

HI Moondynser,

I am a firm believer in Free Will. I believe that I am responsible for how I choose to feel and how I choose to react. If we look at human history, and the current conflicts within this life time; it is apparent that we work very hard to overcome difficulties and darkness. Some people call it evil. Balance should be the goal. Finding ones center is what enables us to overcome the illusion of opposites.

The scientific law's of energy explain why we work so hard to overcome it - ENERGY FOLLOWS ATTENTION. In other words, if we hate darkness and focus our attention on war, disease and illness -- guess what we are aware of and thus create - life after life?

The key is that while we choose good, and we choose light, we have to also compassionately allow for lights opposite expression. This will lead us to mastering compassion. With it comes responsibilities and personal power. We live in a world of polarities - it is by way of darkness that we come to know -- the light. BUT as Braden states so eloquently below -----------

This is not to say that you will not be witness to other's expressions of darkness. Their darkness does not have to become your experience. Hating Lucifer and blaming others for fear and dark experiences provides just the opposite effect to that intended. - Gregg Braden

You also stated:
....a variety of outside circumstances mold us which is why we all take-on different maturing characteristics ... these being family issues, religions, cultures, environment, health (disabilities/diseases), etc., etc.

So my thought is that any of us could go "either way" depending on all of those things.
About molding: ---There are people who have been raised in the worst of conditions, beaten, starved, neglected, sexually raped. Some of them rise to the occasion - and start foundations, or join organizations to help those who are now living through a similar hell. These people CHOOSE with CONSCIENCE to make a difference, to love and hold out a helping hand. They choose to no longer run the repeat - or rerun the same mistakes - over and over. Nor do they bounce back and forth in extremes opposites from life time to life time.

Others choose to fight, kill, steal, rape and act out what was done to them. This IMO is because they have little conscience. They are stuck in a cycle that will take an extreme amount of Free Will to break free from. They have to choose it. No one can do it for them. ;)

To me, actions speak louder than words. People post words on the internet and point fingers bouncing around conjecture; however, only those that actually take affirmative action to make a difference are creating a better future - for themselves and for others; they are what I call - spiritual activists. The bottom-line is to create a better future for yourself and others. Take action in the moment, in the NOW.

Love, Light and compassion will follow. Balance will manifest within and perhaps past lives will be more readily remembered. The answers are all within.

Best of luck on your spiritual journey.

See! I knew someone could relate things much better than I! I *totallllly* agree with these things. The *only* thing I'm really questioning is if we can, on a spiritual level, sometimes forget consequences and fall from light, even after we've risen to it -- kind of the way a "recovered" alcoholic or junkie stays on the wagon for years and one day falls back down. I guess it's the two steps forward, a step back, another two steps forward, another step back, etc. OR, is it possible for someone to be so danged tired of working so hard to "move up" that they throw-in the towel during a period of a life. Does that make sense?

I do love the way you've summed up many of my own opinions and thoughts, though. Thank you!

Hi Moondansyr,

According to Spiritist concepts, no, this is not possible. The process of reincarnation is evolutionary, and once we reach a certain stage of spiritual development, we do not regress to a lower level...

You are welcome Moondynser. *S*S*S*S I want to think on your other question for a while. :D

Charles - I have a question. She asked --
..if we can, on a spiritual level sometimes forget consequences and fall from light, even after we've risen to it -- kind of the way a "recovered" alcoholic or junkie stays on the wagon for years and one day falls back down.

How do Spiritist's explain - fallen Angels? Or do they?

Deborah said:
You are welcome Moondynser. *S*S*S*S I want to think on your other question for a while. :D

Charles - I have a question. She asked --

How do Spiritist's explain - fallen Angels? Or do they?
Yeah, I'm thinking on this, myself because I see two perspectives - - once a person finishes/completes kindergarten, they move-on to first grade. VERY RARELY does a first grader get put back into kindergarten - - but more often, a person stays in their grade until they've successfully "mastered" that grade level and then they move up to the next grade. This is an analogy to what I see Charles saying.

However, I see the soul/spirit as being far more complex than that and can see where "life lessons" could be completely separate than living a "good vs. evil" life. I think what we, in human form, perceive as evil isn't necessarily viewed as evil (or darkness, etc.) spiritually. In other words, the soul lessons I have to learn may come from a series of lives as royalty, dictator, victim, theif, so on and so forth. Yes, take any famous, negatively associated leader and look at the broad picture and realize that even though to the masses, they appear to be without conscience, these individuals have their own set of life lessons probably completely separate from what we see in the media and text books. See, it's SO hard for me to express my thoughts! But I think what I'm trying to express is that ... hmmm ... life lessons may be more like college credits. You have to have specific credits/courses to get your degree and sometimes we don't *enjoy* certain classes and may put them off until we absolutely have no choice but to take them. Isn't it possible that a "saint" could reincarnate in to a [perceived] "monster" because there are lessons that *that* particular soul "put off" learning until the last minute, or until their soul/spirit was strong enough to be able to handle that kind of life? This is *very* hard for me to express in text format, but Deborah, you did a great job of pulling my thoughts out - - maybe you can help me more. Am I making any sense?

Hi Moon,

Funny, before I came back and read your post I had thought of the same analogy, but mine was "a university student would have no need to go back to learn lessons at Kindergarten". :) And really, I think this sums up question and answer for you, at least in my view. A soul/spirit who has already reached a certain degree of "consciousness" has no further need to learn lessons from an "evil" conduct. And yes, souls/spirits have a different view what we do while incarnated, but only because they have a "broader picture". The concepts, however, are the same. We ALL have the 10 commandments imprinted in our hearts, and we ALL (with a rare exception of some psychopathic cases), instinctively know when we are acting "right" or "wrong".

We aim towards the "light", but once having reached it, we cannot "fall from it" any longer.

Hi Deborah,

The only "fallen angel" ever mentioned is Lucipher. But perhaps we are ALL "angels" that need to incarnate in the physical realms to learn and progress spiritually, and this would be the context of the expression?

In Spiritism, the concept is that we, as spirits, are pure, but imperfect and ignorant like babies, and incarnate so as to learn and progress...

Charles Stuart said:
Hi Moon,

Funny, before I came back and read your post I had thought of the same analogy, but mine was "a university student would have no need to go back to learn lessons at Kindergarten". :) And really, I think this sums up question and answer for you, at least in my view. A soul/spirit who has already reached a certain degree of "consciousness" has no further need to learn lessons from an "evil" conduct. And yes, souls/spirits have a different view what we do while incarnated, but only because they have a "broader picture". The concepts, however, are the same. We ALL have the 10 commandments imprinted in our hearts, and we ALL (with a rare exception of some psychopathic cases), instinctively know when we are acting "right" or "wrong".

We aim towards the "light", but once having reached it, we cannot "fall from it" any longer.

Hi Deborah,

The only "fallen angel" ever mentioned is Lucipher. But perhaps we are ALL "angels" that need to incarnate in the physical realms to learn and progress spiritually, and this would be the context of the expression?
Pretty cool that we're at least on the same train, huh?

Weren't the Nephilim also fallen angels? *goes to hunt-up biblical texts*

Hi again, Moon.

On further thoughts:

It is said that a soul/spirit can remain stationary after an incarnation. Something like "repeating the same year" if one does not succeed in "passing the tests". There can be an incarnation with little or no progress, and a soul/spirit might have to come back in another incarnation meeting the same similar circumstances, but there is never a "regression".

It is also said that, from time to time, an "enlightened one", such as Jesus, Moses, Bhudda, Krishna, Martin Luther, Ghandi etc etc will choose or be selected to reincarnate, but this only happens when there is a "mission" to be carried out - something necessary for the benefit and progress of all mankind...

Only the "more enlightened" souls/spirits have more means for "choices" regarding reincarnation. It seems that, for most, reincarnation is imposed upon us.

Charles Stuart said:
Hi again, Moon.

On further thoughts:

It is said that a soul/spirit can remain stationary after an incarnation. Something like "repeating the same year" if one does not succeed in "passing the tests". There can be an incarnation with little or no progress, and a soul/spirit might have to come back in another incarnation meeting the same similar circumstances, but there is never a "regression".

It is also said that, from time to time, an "enlightened one", such as Jesus, Moses, Bhudda, Krishna, Martin Luther, Ghandi etc etc will choose or be selected to reincarnate, but this only happens when there is a "mission" to be carried out - something necessary for the benefit and progress of all mankind...

Only the "more enlightened" souls/spirits have more means for "choices" regarding reincarnation. It seems that, for most, reincarnation is imposed upon us.
I admit that this has been my basic thought process all along - - until just a couple days ago when the other thread *and* the television documentary prompted spontaneous brain activity. ;-)

I have to admit that I feel rather stagnant, myself. I do see some lessons learned, but others I've struggled with.

Hi again, Moon.

My thoughts seem to be coming in bit and pieces... :rolleyes:

Concerning the concept of reincarnation as a means of spiritual evolution and progress, this also implies in the fact that it is not possible for a being who has already reached the consciousness level of a "human being" to reincarnate as a cat, dog or horse, as it is not possible for us, at our level, to repeat the "consciousness standard" of one such creature.

I personally like to believe that we evolved from more basic animal forms (were we not apes in a not so distant past?), and that therefore "animal" forms will eventually evolve into "human" forms, but this is not confirmed by spiritism.

Another point concerns the existance of different dimensions. Physicists and mathematicians have already calculated the possible existance of 11 different dimensions, of which ours, being three-dimensional, would be the most basic. There would be, therefore, 8 further dimensions beyond the one we are in as incarnated beings. The highest level would correspond to "heaven" or "nirvana", the "home" of the most enlightened beings and the one we all aim to reach... :cool

Charles Stuart said:
Hi again, Moon.

My thoughts seem to be coming in bit and pieces... :rolleyes:
That's okay because my responses are coming the same way - - which is better for my ADD brain, anyway. *L* So, all is as it should be. ;-)

Charles Stuart said:
Concerning the concept of reincarnation as a means of spiritual evolution and progress, this also implies in the fact that it is not possible for a being who has already reached the consciousness level of a "human being" to reincarnate as a cat, dog or horse, as it is not possible for us, at our level, to repeat the "consciousness standard" of one such creature.
Yes, I believed this as well until I was adopted by my canine companion. I can only aspire to have the unconditional love she has. She actually has a pretty interesting and spiritual story behind her, but I'll leave that for a different thread.

Charles Stuart said:
I personally like to believe that we evolved from more basic animal forms (were we not apes in a not so distant past?), and that therefore "animal" forms will eventually evolve into "human" forms, but this is not confirmed by spiritism.
I know that physiologically/biologically, we are higher life forms than animals, but I'm not sure I can concur with this. If I'm not mistaken, Hindus don't, either.

Charles Stuart said:
Another point concerns the existance of different dimensions. Physicists and mathematicians have already calculated the possible existance of 11 different dimensions, of which ours, being three-dimensional, would be the most basic. There would be, therefore, 8 further dimensions beyond the one we are in as incarnated beings. The highest level would correspond to "heaven" or "nirvana", the "home" of the most enlightened beings and the one we all aim to reach... :cool
I'm not sure I'm ready (i.e., barely out of kindergarten here ;-) ) to correspond about this. It is something I've thought about and read about, but not pondered in as much depth.

One thing I did "receive a message" about was that time is like a ring with no beginning and no end. However, I've not delved into that, either. It takes lots of human hours to read and ponder on all of the many thoughts and ideas.

Hi Moon,

Yes, the Spiritist concepts and the Hindu concepts are slightly different, but both dwell upon the concept of reincarnation. Spiritism tends to bring together Hindu and Christian concepts, and is based on mediumnic contacts with spiritual beings... :thumbsup:

Charles Stuart said:
Hi Moon,

Yes, the Spiritist concepts and the Hindu concepts are slightly different, but both dwell upon the concept of reincarnation. Spiritism tends to bring together Hindu and Christian concepts, and is based on mediumnic contacts with spiritual beings... :thumbsup:
I'm learning! (this is good!!!) :D So was Edgar Cayce a Spiritist or maybe did he start the Spiritists? Believe it or not, I only *just* began reading a book that references Edgar Cayce - - heard the name all my life and have only just gotten around to reading about him! Forgive me, I'd never heard the [Spiritist] term before and [very unfortunately] I don't get around to every post on here.

The comments about soul reaching a certain elevated enlightment or unfoldment and not being able to slide backwards or fall from grace (my words) does not hold up in my lifes. If you who are reading this remember reading about my magician lifetime [thread=10541] here [/thread] and [thread=11351] here [/thread] , let me tell some more of the story.

I spent several lives working to improve my spiritual status as I was tired of being on Earth over and over. I reached a very enlighten status as soul and could easily be equated with many of the early saints who are now famous in the Catholic church. One day while walking along a road with my wife we were held up by a thief. When my wife made a move he misinterpeted the thief hit her in the head and killed her. It was not his intention but I didn't know that. The thief died a very quick death when I simply pointed my finger at his chest and blew apart his heart. Was I angry, you can bet I was. They call it a killing rage in the military. Anybody who has been on the front lines in a battle in just about any lifetime can relate to that emotion. There is no rational thinking, it is just reaction of whatever will keep you and yours alive.

I felt very bad once I came back to myself and instead of talking to my teacher and fellow students to try and resolve the issue if there had been a way, I simply walked off.

I took what I knew about life and the spiritual learning I knew and applied it toward magic as a method of survival. Over the next few lifetimes I sank down in counsiousness to the level of a cruel and heartless dictator which I tell about in the 2nd reference above.

I am hopeing and trusting that by the time this life is over that I don't do something like that again or in any other life. To slip only takes one action and it's reaction. It's all about freewill and how we exercise it each moment of the day.

Jack

jackh said:
The comments about soul reaching a certain elevated enlightment or unfoldment and not being able to slide backwards or fall from grace (my words) does not hold up in my lifes. If you who are reading this remember reading about my magician lifetime [thread=10541] here [/thread] and [thread=11091] here [/thread] , let me tell some more of the story.

I spent several lives working to improve my spiritual status as I was tired of being on Earth over and over. I reached a very enlighten status as soul and could easily be equated with many of the early saints who are now famous in the Catholic church. One day while walking along a road with my wife we were held up by a thief. When my wife made a move he misinterpeted the thief hit her in the head and killed her. It was not his intention but I didn't know that. The thief died a very quick death when I simply pointed my finger at his chest and blew apart his heart. Was I angry, you can bet I was. They call it a killing rage in the military. Anybody who has been on the front lines in a battle in just about any lifetime can relate to that emotion. There is no rational thinking, it is just reaction of whatever will keep you and yours alive.

I felt very bad once I came back to myself and instead of talking to my teacher and fellow students to try and resolve the issue if there had been a way, I simply walked off.

I took what I knew about life and the spiritual learning I knew and applied it toward magic as a method of survival. Over the next few lifetimes I sank down in counsiousness to the level of a cruel and heartless dictator which I tell about in the 2nd reference above.

I am hopeing and trusting that by the time this life is over that I don't do something like that again or in any other life. To slip only takes one action and it's reaction. It's all about freewill and how we exercise it each moment of the day.

Jack
Gosh! Your PL threads are so fascinating! From your post here, I think you are understand what my brain is trying to express through my fingers and keyboard. Or ... maybe it's something I feel at a soul level - - it's hard for me to know, as the bits and pieces I possess of my past lives are nowhere nearly as detailed as yours. So, was your Chinese wife the same as your magician wife? And do you know what years you lived as a magician? 1300's?

MoonDansyrMS" said:
From your post here, I think you are understand what my brain is trying to express through my fingers and keyboard. Or ... maybe it's something I feel at a soul level - - it's hard for me to know, as the bits and pieces I possess of my past lives are nowhere nearly as detailed as yours. So, was your Chinese wife the same as your magician wife? And do you know what years you lived as a magician? 1300's?[/FONT][/COLOR]

Thanks Moondansyr. I changed the 2nd thread reference on the above post which answers the date question. It was around 1200 to 1300. The lifetime above was about 300 years earlier and we lived somewhere in the mideast. I wasn't married in that magician life. The thief was the same guy who killed me again in that lifetime and was in the band of indians who attacked me at the end of my life as a freed slave after the civil war.

We spent many lives killing each other off. As far as I know we have declared peace:)

What you think you are getting in the way of insights is quite often the way they come through.You get a thumbs up:thumbsup: for listening to your intution. Keep knawing at it like a dog does a good bone and you'll get more.

Jack

Hi Moon,

Yes, Edgar Cayce was a Spiritist, but he was not the founder of Spiritism. The founder of Spiritism was a Frenchman who used the name Allan Kardec, which was a name of one of his past lives as a monk.

In the 1840's, Kardec compiled five books based on questions answered by spirits, which were received by various different mediums of those days:

The Spirits' Book
The Gospel According to Spiritism
Heaven and Hell
The Mediums' Book
The Genesis

These can be found at http://www.explorespiritism.com/SpiritistResources.htm

I would very much recommend the first two to anyone who is interested in reincarnation.

Hi Jack,

What you say reminded me of something related to Deborah's question as to the "fallen angels":

There is a legend that MANY of us who are currently incarnating here on Earth came from a star known as Capella (The Lamb), a highly spiritually developed civilization. Some believe that the remembrance of life on this star originated the legend of the "Garden of Eden". Hence the "fallen angels"... Who is to say for sure? :rolleyes: ;)

Charles Stuart said:
According to Spiritist concepts, no, this is not possible. The process of reincarnation is evolutionary, and once we reach a certain stage of spiritual development, we do not regress to a lower level...

jackh said:
The comments about soul reaching a certain elevated enlightment or unfoldment and not being able to slide backwards or fall from grace (my words) does not hold up in my lifes.

One problem with religious dogma is that it tends to absolutism. One problem with absolutes, is that by their very nature, they do not allow for exceptions. An exception to an asbolute, thus renders the absolute invalid.

Yes, Edgar Cayce was a Spiritist, but he was not the founder of Spiritism.

Edgar Cayce was a member of the Disciples of Christ.

Phoenix

There you go again, Phoenix... :rolleyes:

No one is claiming absolutist or absolute truths here, but yes, I can go along with the ones that make sense and "add up" for me.

Why don't you at least read one of the books I mentioned so that you might criticise based on something you can then know more about before you do?

Regarding Edgar Cayce, if he was a member of the Disciples of Christ, well then from what I have read on Edgar Cayce the Disciples of Christ hold the same concepts as the Spiritist concepts.

And let me point out that I, personally, am not a "Spiritist". I would far more define myself as a "Spiritualist", as I hold some other concepts in my beliefs that vary somewhat from the Spiritist concepts. But, to me, the Spiritist concepts, amidst all I have read, are the most coherent; and, in my view, the closest to the "truths"...

Phoenix,

One problem with religious dogma is that it tends to absolutism.

It is important to remember we have many members from many different nations. Please - when you post responses take this into consideration. Religion is a touchy subject for everyone. :)

Moondynser - I have been thinking about your original question. My 2 cents-

If our thoughts, what we hold in consciousness, determines our next ‘life experience’ then maybe this is why there are no set rules. Maybe this is why some souls are born into the same families, and some are not. Maybe this is why some souls do not reincarnate for decades, or even centuries, while others are born into another life almost immediately.

Each individual is unique. This of course opens the doors for endless possibilities.

Charles Stuart said:
There you go again, Phoenix... :rolleyes:

And here you go again...

I was making a point about religious dogma and absolutism-in general. In...general...Your choosing to take it personally does not mean that it was intended as 'criticism' of your religion.

Deborah's right, people are rather sensitive about their religions, even if you aren't actually talking about them.

Charles Stuart said:
No one is claiming absolutist or absolute truths here, but yes, I can go along with the ones that make sense and "add up" for me.

Same here.

Charles Stuart said:
Why don't you at least read one of the books I mentioned so that you might criticise based on something you can then know more about before you do?

I think I already covered the fact that I wasn't criticizing your religion. I have studied it, however. It's been practiced in my family for over 100 years.

Admittedly, the Kardecist Spiritism that is practiced in Brazil is slightly different from the Spiritualist church here in the US that my grandmother (a Sensitive) and great-grandmother (whose best friend was a Medium) were involved in, and some of my cousins are involved in now. But they have a similar set of beliefs and do read the same books.

I wouldn't criticize either Spiritism or Spiritualism, otherwise the next time I engage in table tipping on the 3-legged table that you have to chase around the house on a good night, I might get a chewing out from one of the ladies of my family who has crossed over.

From the time I was a small child, I've been a Seeker very seriously studying spirituality and world religions. And that means reading the holy/significant books of a lot of them. From pagan mythology and the Bible to the Bhagavad Gita and the Koran to the more contemporary writings of people like Kardec and Cayce and a lot of the new age books as well.

And like you, Charles, I have gone with those that made sense and 'added up'. And if on further reflection and analysis, the numbers didn't add up, I have rejected them and kept studying. And I continue to do so.

Charles Stuart said:
Regarding Edgar Cayce, if he was amember of the Disciples of Christ, well then from what I have read on Edgar Cayce the Disciples of Christ hold the same concepts as the Spiritist concepts.

Except for the whole spirits talking through mediums concept, yes. From what I have read (I'd recommend reading his biography "There is a River" and some of the books by Hugh Lynn Cayce), Cayce had serious concerns about the validity of his trance experiences, because they were outside the realm of his religion.

Gosh, that reminds me, I need to renew my ARE membership...

Phoenix

Phoenix said:
I'd recommend reading his biography "There is a River" and some of the books by Hugh Lynn Cayce.
Thanks! :D

Phoenix said:
Gosh, that reminds me, I need to renew my ARE membership...
Which reminds m that I was going to read more about ARE and possibly apply for membership, myself. Thanks! ;)

Phoenix said:
From the time I was a small child, I've been a Seeker very seriously studying spirituality and world religions. And that means reading the holy/significant books of a lot of them. From pagan mythology and the Bible to the Bhagavad Gita and the Koran to the more contemporary writings of people like Kardec and Cayce and a lot of the new age books as well.
Same here. I distinctly remember the day I started, at age 7. However, I'm only just beginning with the Koran and Cayce and haven't even begun Kardec. I refer to myself as gnostic (Seeker of truth, I think). Soooo many books, never enough time (and I have ownership issues with books - - libraries are great, but I like owning the books for later reference, if needed).

HI Kat,

How's your reading going? Any good books lately? :D

I am curious - what is your understanding of "Gnostic"?

Deborah said:
HI Kat,

How's your reading going? Any good books lately? :D
Haven't had a chance to read too much lately.

Deborah said:
I am curious - what is your understanding of "Gnostic"?
I'm not sure I understand your question. Gnostic means knowledge ...but I know you already know that... so what do you mean?

Hi Kat,

Me either; time flies when life happens. : angel

I asked because you stated
I refer to myself as gnostic (Seeker of truth, I think).
You seemed unsure of its meaning and so I thought I would ask you - what your understanding of the Gnostic's was. That's all.

Gnostic's means Knowers a name they acquired because, like the initiates of the Pagan Mysteries, they believed that their secret teachings had the power to impart Gnosis - in such a way that it allowed them to experience directly -"Knowledge of God." It wasn't learned in a book, it had to be experienced.

I hope your grand-baby has arrived healthy and happy, and that your son is safe in the Middle East.
Many Blessings..........

Oh yes - - I said "I think" because it depends on where you read the definition. "Seeker of truth" or "knowledge." Years ago, I thought I was "agnostic" until I began reading a lot of different spiritual texts and that's when I realized I was "gnostic."

Yes, my son arrived in February and grandson arrived in March. Both are beautiful, safe, and sound. Thank you.

"Good" and "Bad"

Many people here was several times discussing what was good and what bad

(bad lives and good lives, bad deeds and good deeds, so called mistakes...).

Well, I don´t see anything from the things I´ve done as mistake, I think.

Though many things I did had bad consequences (huge, and often only for myself).

Everything I did has some reason, why I did it.

It seems to me that nothing is either good or bad and I don´t think that

everything is so easy as it´s all about love, forgiveness and so. I see myself as human

and I want to be human. I do things that don´t have to seem good for others. But who said what´s good?

And if the whole world means that something is bad, does that really mean that it´s bad? Even later I´m not

able to say whether something I´ve done was good because how could I know?

If everything was set, truth and art and all, it would be so easier to live here. So easier.

But it´s not. Nothing is set (I mean) but WE make it!

(Though I still consider some things as "bad", but there are too little of them, I think about it for a long time and consider all known facts before I mark it as bad, and I´m still opened for new facts, because there could be always something that could change my opinion.)

That´s why I try to not judge people around. It´s hard though ;)

I don´t really think I will ever change my mind in this matter.

Another thing is peace. Well I know it´s supposed to be "good".

But can you imagine living in peace? It´s impossible!

Like smile all day to each other and only say good things to each other?

People get hurt, even if you don´t want it. People get offended, even if you don´t want it.

"Bad" things happen even if you don´t want it.

It´s impossible to think that everyone could care for

everyone. That everyone could have enough of everything.

This is WORLD, it couldn´t ever be a paradise. It´s utopia.

People are selfish, even if they don´t realize it, even if they avoid it, if they don´t want to be. It´s natural.

People are so different, let them be different... Let them choose. How could we be "as one"?

I´d become fed up of living in absolute peace quite soon.

You might say I´m not clever enough, not close to God enough, not good enough.

But do you really want this?

What would be the life about? About making other people happy? There would be no goals...

But maybe I´m wrong....please react

Hi Ewanecka,

People are selfish, even if they don´t realize it, even if they avoid it, if they don´t want to be. It´s natural.
I personally don't believe that it's "natural" to be selfish. I think -- we've fallen so far away from our true selves -- and our true purpose that many people have chosen to become caught up in themselves -- and that manifests in selfish behavior.

Yes – people can be selfish when they are operating from a place of ego and solely focused on their own needs. BUT people can also be loving and giving – generous of heart and of spirit when you least expect it. These little moments are filled with compassion and come from a place of love and non-judgment. People make choices about how they want to see the world and about how they want to be in the world. Some people operate from a place of anger or fear – and some people choose to live with love and compassion in their hearts. I firmly believe that what we experience, we ourselves have created based on our thoughts, feelings and emotions. We are constantly creating and shaping the world around us by our thoughts and beliefs.

Well, I don´t see anything from the things I´ve done as mistake, I think.
Imo – there is not one person out there who can claim they haven’t made a mistake – in their present lives or in past lives. The trick is to forgive yourself – and to take what you learned from it to apply it in a positive way NOW.

Our present is generated by our past, and our future from our present actions. The secret to happiness lies in self-awareness, in self-knowledge. Knowing yourself brings the understanding needed to release old patterns and negative habits from this lifetime and beyond. To change patterns, you have to be able to observe them -- imo, that means looking honestly at what we consider to be our "mistakes" and choosing to see the lesson behind them.

How could we be "as one"?
I believe -- we've always been "one." We are individuals – but we also all come from the same Source – we are already all connected, it’s just that most people fail to recognize and appreciate that connection. They see themselves a separate entities and not part of the whole – but we are all one, imo.

It often takes a catastrophic or tragic event to pull people together – even for a short time. I am always amazed when something bad happens – and total strangers unite together – with one goal in mind – to help those who are suffering. Tragic events can have beautiful consequences – it’s all in how you perceive it. Seeing these moments of kinship – gives me a deeper understanding that unity is possible – and I believe we are making our way towards a peaceful existence. : angel

I´d become fed up of living in absolute peace quite soon.
So…..you want to create from a place of violence, anger, despair? You want drama and suffering? I surely don’t.

You might say I´m not clever enough, not close to God enough, not good enough. But do you really want this?
I would not say that – I am not here to judge you. We each have our own path – but I can say without a moment’s hesitation – YES, I want a peaceful world.

What would be the life about?
Love. Isn’t that the most beautiful thing we can hope to experience in any lifetime?

About making other people happy? There would be no goals...
How about making yourself happy? How about being loved – and loving others unconditionally – never having to worry, but just knowing that whatever happens – you are loved.

You may want to read through the thread Reincarnation and Compassion -- it offers some good food for thought. ;)

Ailish

Back