Have you ever seen a ghost?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Kristopher, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

If you take a picture with your cell phone you should be able to send it to your email. On the cheaper phones (like mine) just click send and enter the email address where the phone number would be for a normal text message.

You could try asking them what their name is. Next time they are around ask them who they are and if you can help them in any way. Your next thought should be them.

I would love to hear what they have to say. Sometimes ghosts have a message they want heard and/or delivered, or they just want to hang around and enjoy where they are.

As I have said, I don't try to remove mine. I have moved into their world, not the other way around.

2. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Well, the cell phone picture didn't come out very clear. However, my mind got stuck on "Andrew". As that happened, I felt the presence of another person in the room with me, a boy of somewhere around 10-12. He was frustrated and angry. I asked him what was wrong. I heard in my mind "It wasn't my fault!"

I instantly sympathized with him. I was always the most convenient person to blame in my family. Whether or not I had done anything, all that had to happen was an accusation and I was as good as grounded. How many times I gave up in frustration and just went to my room (which had a stereo, books, puzzles, games, a video game, a TV, tons of handheld electronic games [no internet, this was the 70's], so it was more like a vacation from the family) instead of screaming out my side of the story just to make sure it was heard! I held my arms open as if for a hug and said aloud, "I know it wasn't."

I swear I could feel someone hug me, then the presence and the frustrated feeling left the room. He hasn't been back since. Maybe he finally got what he needed, someone to believe him, and now he could move on?

3. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

For Shiftkitty:

On either side of the veil, a pair of sympathetic ears are often to be valued over a person who speaks a lot, but never listens!

Thank you for assisting that young boy, he very well could of been in limbo for a very long time, waiting to be "rescued".

4. starchild

starchild Senior Registered

I have 5 ghosts in my yard

or at least that is what I was told.

Here's the story

We had a friend visit from California, first time at the house.

We were showing him photo's from when we first moved into the house, about 16 years ago.

He looks a picture of a bunch of trees and stuff in the yard and says, You have 5 ghosts in your yard. Can't you see them in this photo? they are hooded but you can see them. One of them travels up and down your driveway.

He actually spent some time in the yard getting a feel for it.

I've always joked around that we had ghosts, and the photo was of the yard the day we moved in, so we didn't bring them with us. I wonder tho.....

has anyone ever been told from a photo that there are ghosts around them?

5. starchild

starchild Senior Registered

I'll see if I can scan the picture and attach it here so that you can see if you see them

6. Shiftkitty

More ghostly fun! I turned on my computer to play "Skyrim", my favorite video game to date. Someone had started a new game and saved it. I know my husband had said he was going to give it a try, so I assumed it was his game. (The game doesn't allow for custom naming of saved files.) I loaded my saved game and played. Afterwards I asked him how he liked the game. He said he hadn't played it yet. Huh? I showed him the saved game, then he pointed out the time stamp on the file. It was saved at an hour in which we were both having dinner!*

Hmph! I'll bet the ghostly gamer does better that me! I left the file on the game. It will be interesting to see if any more phantom games get saved!

* The game file was not open during this hour, nor were the speakers on, though the computer was on. To open and start a new game takes a good amout of of clicks and mouse movements, more than a kitty stepping on the keys could manage.

7. hydrolad

It’s not at all surprising that a disembodied entity was able to manipulate the computer circuits in order to start a new game and then save it.

An entity is able to obtain power or energy from diverse sources in order to manifest itself in our plane, having to slow it’s vibratory rate down in order to be seen by us.

The draining of fully charged batteries at a scene is often a sure fire sign of an entity present and possibly getting ready to appear.

It sounds like the entities are quite eager to interact with your family who are still alive and living there at the moment and seem to have your best interest at heart.

It is quite possible and highly probable that these entities once lived there too and had the same ambitions and emotions as you, and now that they are deceased, they may not realize it or choose not to accept it.

One question before closing, have any of the entities living there exhibited or performed any form of intervention that possibly saved a family member from injury or death?

I was thinking along the lines of a ghostly vocal warning heard by a family member who acted upon the warning, thus avoiding a serious injury.

Thank you for your time and interest.

8. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

When my oldest was young, maybe 8 or so she fell asleep in the bathtub. Just as she went under she heard her Gram say, "Hayley. You sit up. You sit up now." She was used to following Gram's orders, she used to spend lots of time with her while I worked.

When she looked up she saw Gram's face smiling at her.

Gram was one of the first spirits that came around our house. She was one amazing lady. I still miss her.

9. KnickKnack

KnickKnack New Member

That is an amazing expression of love for and watching over your daughter by her Grandma; it made my day to read that )*(

I had to smile about your dad's way of alerting you of your driving too fast for road conditions, he definitely seems to want to make sure you get the message.

10. Shiftkitty

Modesto Paranormal is coming back out to our house for round 2! There's been an upswing in activity and they're hoping to catch our disembodied kitchen voice. Last night the cupboards starting sounding like they were flying open and all the pots and pans were being thrown around. In the kitchen, however, where my husband got to in time for the last crash, all was still.

Today one of my co-workers told me to leave my ghosts at home. Her hair got tugged fairly hard, but nobody was around who could have tugged it. She's pretty superstitious and the incident freaked her out quite a bit. Also today, as i got into my delivery car and got myself adjusted, I saw a silhouette in the rear view mirror that looked like someone sliding into the backseat. I flew out of the car, thinking the worst, but nobody was in the back seat. I got back in and opened my mind to ask "Who's in the car with me?" I got a sensation of "Don't worry about it. I'm just hitchin' a ride."

So much of what's happened has left me with a lot of questions. Ghosts can smell litter pans? (Our house ghosts' biggest complaint, apparently.) Ghosts are aware not only of us but of other ghosts and can form friendships with them? (Being a ghost is apparently not much different than being a living person!) Ghosts need to catch rides in cars? (Makes me wonder how many times I've had an unexpected passenger!) Ghosts need a place to 'live'? (Apparently they consider the garage theirs.)

11. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I am glad they are coming back, would love to hear what happens.

I saw that happen to my oldest daughter. It is really scary. She started screaming while she was in the shower. I looked, she was facing front and her hair was pulled tight to the side. NOT funny. I gave that ghost a piece of my mind ...

Your ghost has a sense of humor. That is a good sign :)

I never heard of it before but if your cat is anything like mine I can certainly understand. How the heck can it smell THAT bad? Sheesh ...

You are correct there. My dad actually helps take care of the little spirits that surround me. They call him Pappy and love him as much as my kids do. There was even an incident where he came to their aid at my request when they had a problem with an evil spirit ....

They don't NEED to, but they do it because they WANT to. They probably missed that and so they hopped in with you. I once had five hop in when I passed a cemetery at 3:30 AM. Never again will I pass that place at that hour ...

Again, WANT not NEED. They can go anywhere they want to. They just like your garage best. You must have a pretty cool garage.

Geez, all these years with my ghosts really make me sound like a crazy woman, LOL. I have just learned to take it all with a grain of salt. It is what it is. After all, they were there first ....

Good luck to you, and try not be scared. Get angry and tell them to leave if you want but don't be scared. They won't hurt you.

12. hydrolad

It is amazing how much disembodied entities interact with us when there is a good reason, from finding lost or misplaced items all the way to saving the life of a loved one still here.

Several times I have been “contacted” by, I presume, a past relative, to warn me of danger ahead, from a soft hand on the face for a oncoming semi truck to a quick word to warn me of an oncoming car in my lane on a curve.

Perhaps they are a sub-section of that voice that some experts call “that still voice within us”, maybe if we listened to that voice more often, we might avoid a multitude of different problems!

It may be related to meditation so relax and listen quietly for that still voice with us!

13. Shiftkitty

MPI will be back on May 4th. It will be interesting to see what happens. The ghosts were quite nervous with a mix of curiosity and confrontation during the first visit. Once they realized that they weren't about to be evicted they sort of relaxed.

I kinda like these guys (the ghosts (okay, and the folks at MPI)). They seem to be trying so hard to communicate, but we can't always hear them, or hear them clearly. Sometimes we get a clear voice in the kitchen, but other times it sounds like a sped up jumble of syllables. I think we get the crashing noises when they get frustrated. If they don't come along with us when we move (hopefully later this year), I'll sure miss them! I've told them they're welcome to come along. On a cross-country drive, most likely done in separate vehicles, it'll be nice to have some company!

14. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Shiftkitty,

When I moved some of the spirits followed me, some of them stayed with the house. Most of the spirits were attached to my daughters and I, not the home so I am not surprised.

I like your attitude. Very much like mine. You might want to warn them that MPI is coming back and tell them what you are seeking. Also remind them that no one is trying to remove them.

Good luck, looking forward to hearing about what happens.

15. Shiftkitty

I actually will talk to them as I pass through the garage (which is the only way to the backyard). Some folks might think it's crazy, but I believe they hear me, and I said that MPI was coming back. There seems to be a mood of "Oh, well. If they must, I suppose."

16. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I have no doubt that people in my town think I am nuts, too, but that is okay. I really feel that I can do what I do to help people who are hurting and that is what I do. Others I just don't worry about.

Maybe you could ask your ghost friends to say something or do something special when MPI is there ...

17. Shiftkitty

I think they'll oblige. When MPI first came out they got a real show that turned one of their skeptics into a believer! We had everything from massive temperature drops (from 68 degrees F to 56!) to doors swinging on their own to ghost kitty manifesting in the front yard to people being pushed and poked and pinched to a disembodied voice heard clearly by all in the living room. Oh, if that evening had only been filmed! (Of course, the ghosts might have been mortified at being filmed. They seemed pretty agitated at being recorded at all.) I'm glad they were so active that night. I'd have felt like a loon if nothing had happened!

We actually told the neighbors not to worry about all these people suddenly showing up that night. We admitted only to "some weird things" that we had been unable to explain on our own. Turns out the neighbors had some weirdness of their own to relate! They all wanted to know what the investigators had found out afterwards. They wanted to know if it was anything they should be concerned about beyond odd thumps and bumps. When we told them about the recordings a couple of them actually seemed to be relieved while others were a bit freaked out. I asked our ghosts if they could not bother the neighbors who are genuinely disturbed. I don't know if it worked.

18. Armada

Armada Old Soul

I used to see them everywhere as a child, but less as I got older. I've blocked out a lot of what I can see, because at one point it really scared me. I think the last time I actually saw one I would've been about 7 or 8... But that doesn't mean that I can't still notice their presence or occasionally talk to them if I'm not blocking things out.

I had a ghost living in my house a year or two ago, but he eventually got angry and left when I stopped talking to him. It's not like he left me much choice though, he was really starting to creep out and scare my friends who aren't used to the paranormal.

19. Armada

Armada Old Soul

The down side to that though is that sometimes it becomes hard not to block things out... At times I really do wish that I could see who I'm speaking to again.

20. LuckiestK

LuckiestK New Member

Newbie here

Oh geez, where to start?! This is my first time speaking up so bear with me. ( sorry for the length!)

1. My dad used to talk about a night when I was a baby. He went to go check on me and was instantly aware of an evil spirit. He said his buddy had been visiting and he made him go in my room with him where they prayed all night. He said when morning finally broke they could feel the spirit leave.

2. When I was about 11 when I heard two voices speaking in a foreign language. I could tell it was a male and female voice. They would always start quietly talking to each other and it would always escalate to pure yelling. It felt like it was coming from in my head. It would scare me so much that I would always end up running out of my room into the kitchen just to be near my mom. I finally told my dad that I needed him and the elders of our church to pray for me. They never asked me why and I am glad because to this day I don't think I would have asked for help if I had to explain. ( I am not entirely sure that this was not some sort of attempted possession)( my mom also said that during this time I spoke of committing suicide but I have no memory if that which is unusual cause I have a pretty good memory overall)

3. When I lived in Mexico, I went to visit a friend. She wasn't home so I decided to play some cards with her boyfriend and an out of town guest while I waited. As we played, we listed to music. Then the music turned off. We all paused. Then I shrugged thinking "Mexican electricity" and we continued to play. The music turned back on and we still played. The music turned off again but this time ,as if to really get our attention, a mechanical egg timer ( in the shape of a chef) started ticking in the silence. We all looked still not speaking, not knowing what to say. I noticed the number 15 was visible for me. The numbers were on the base and only the top turned. The timer stop ( did not get to zero or ding, just stopped) and the music turned back on. We continued to play. Once again, the music stopped and the timer began to tick. I looked up and saw that the timer had turned around and now the number 45 was facing me. I got up and said it was time for me to go. ;)

.... Didn't realize this would be so long, continued in next post.

21. LuckiestK

LuckiestK New Member

Continued

The most recent was just a few years ago. My husband and I owned a hostel in southern Mexico. When we first got the place and was fixing it up things started happening. The first thing wast friend was helping me paint, her downstairs and me up. In the afternoon she came running up the stairs. " my shadow went the wrong way" " what?!" I asked she said as she passed a window she saw her shadow go the opposite direction. To which at first she thought" that's right" but the more she thought and then experimented she realized that her shadow should go with her, lol. A day or two after that I was getting all new keys for the doors. We were still painting and decided to leave the door and the window open so the paint would dry while we went downstairs. When we went back upstairs the door was closed, locked. I tried the new key. It wouldn't work. Keep in mind that the locksmith showed that each key worked before he left. I went to the back balcony to look in the window to find that the window was closed AND locked. I had the locksmith come back out and make a new key. We ended up buying 4 keys in all for that door alone. We opened the hostel and had my best friend room there and act as a doorman. One morning he got up to do the morning tidying and he saw and old man out on the back balcony sitting with his back to him looking as if he was just watching the sun rise. As my friend rounds the door ( just that split second) he was gone. Sometime later we had a tennant that had a large dog. My friend thought the dog was making too much noise for the evening so he went up to tell the guy to get his dog to settle down. He knocked on the door. No one answered. Another tennant peeked his head out and my friend asked about the guy and his dog. He was told that he and the dig had gone for the evening. The commotion had been so loud my friend didn't believe it and opened the door to find that no one was there.

Other strange happenings have occurred to me into life but I don't think it falls under the category of "ghost"....stories for another thread.

22. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Welcome to our group. Sounds like you have some psychic ability or sensitivity. There are others here like that. Remembering past lives seems to go hand in hand with being psychic.

23. LuckiestK

LuckiestK New Member

Thank you

I found this site about 2 weeks ago and haven't stopped reading since. I have been impressed with general support and positivity of the forum. I have only recently begun entertaining reincarnation as something more than a possible theory. My own PL memory is short and unspectacular but it's mine. I hope to be more of a contributing member as time goes on. Again thank you for the welcome. :)

24. TMeganV

TMeganV New Member

A lot of things happened to you, LuckiestK! Have you ever been scared?

I've experienced a lot too. When we still lived at my father's place, my room would always be full of children. I have no idea where they came from or who they were, but they usually didn't bother me. You could also hear little feet running up and down the stairs at night. Sometimes I'd ask if they would be quiet because I wanted to sleep, and then they got always got quiet or just left my room.

When I was 8, I saw my sister, and both my grandfathers visited me the night they passed.

Now I still see 'people' regularly. Someone pats me on the head all the time, haha. I don't know who it is. And there's a man in my stepfather's house that likes to scare me, but he's still really kind. We watched a DVD of Elvis performances together. :laugh:

Oh, and whenever I play a Bill Haley CD, someone keeps turning it off. I spent half my friday yelling 'HEY LEAVE IT ON, I LIKE THIS MUSIC' at my radio/cd-player. :') It started playing the second I opened my mouth. If I didn't respond, it just didn't start playing again.

25. LuckiestK

LuckiestK New Member

Scared

Well I was scared of voices but I think that was just because of the intensity. I never thought I personally was in danger but if the voices had bodies I would naturally assume that the next step would be violence and at 11 that was scary. The radio incident didn't scare me but I did feel like it was " time" for me to go.

When you asked if I was scared, I immediately thought if an instance that I didn't include and had totally forgotten about!

When I was in my early 20's I worked in a mall in Portland Oregon. Sometimes when I would close at night I would hear children playing. Laughing, running, talking, it was so "real" sounding that on two separate occasions I left the store to search for the children. I never found anything except an empty mall and maybe a guard. That freaked me enough that I can remember cutting out way early so I wouldn't have to leave an "empty" mall.

26. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

My husband, young daughter and I stayed in a gorgeous inn while visiting Niagara Falls. It was like an apartment, with living room, laundry room, kitchen, bath ,and bedroom, all furnished to perfection in antiques, with a view of the falls. We were sleeping that night in the kind of canopied four poster bed that had full bed hangings. All night, I heard a child cry for "Mommy", and a man's voice trying to calm, and comfort. The next morning I asked the staff, and no children were guests at the time, except for our daughter. It wasn't her, as she was 14, and hadn't called me "Mommy" in years. I'll never forget that sad little voice, and the poor father trying to fill a mother's place. I hope they are not still "trapped" there.

27. argonne1918

Many "Bed and Breakfast" inns are haunted. There is actually a website that lists them because there are people who like to hunt for ghosts. On the old "Psychic Kids" program they always had the the families stay in a haunted B&B to see if they kids saw or picked up on anything. They always did.

28. Shiftkitty

I watched one episode of that show and got the feeling that the kids were mostly just doing what was expected of them. Especially the younger ones, they want parental approval (or sometimes just adult approval).

But that was just my impression from one episode based on my experiences with children. Why would so many B&Bs be haunted?

29. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

The building that I stayed in was old. I had a feeling that it wasn't as elegant in the 1920's, maybe an apartment building. I think that the man and child were "bleed-through" from the 20's, but really, it was just a feeling. Maybe people assume that all old buildings are haunted, and B&Bs are usually old. Also, a business being "haunted" seems to attract customers.

30. argonne1918

Because they are pretty old. Maybe no one wanted to live there because there was so much "stuff" going on. Some people get freaked out by it.