Have you ever seen a ghost?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Kristopher, Oct 15, 2011.

1. SkyeSpitfire

SkyeSpitfire Probationary

Ah OK! I was wondering because I was curious to know if there was a specific time frame between people's NDE's and their experiences. NDE's must be the gateway and once it's been opened it can't be shut? That's how I understand it.

2. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

This is a little tidbit of my Special Olympics Ambassador speeches that tie to my spiritual experience.

I have Autism. So what is Autism? Autism is a disorder that has many characteristics and each Autistic person has their own experience with how they deal with their disability but, in my case, I can’t filter out the millions of different sensory stimuli that we all experience every day. When I was 18 months old I learned to block out about 90% of what was going on around me, I stopped talking. I had a hard time interacting with my family and I wouldn’t play with my toys like other kids would but, I would line the toys up in patterns. I would throw mega tantrums because I couldn’t communicate and I was frustrated.When I was diagnosed back in 1996 the doctors told my parents that I would probably need to be institutionalize by the time I was a teenager. The doctors weren’t even expecting that I would be able to talk.

When I moved in with my Step-Dad in 1997, we were in an 19th century schoolhouse Cabin up in a nano river on the Port Angeles/Olympic National Forest border. We used to have horses and I even had a Welsh/Arabian mix pony. There was a band of farmers from the 50's who met tragic ends there but the spirits never seemed to mention them to me because it was not age appropriate. Some past away in a death bed and one of them had an accident with the cables while he was trying to fix his car and squashed him :( . It's been so long that i forgot their names sadly. But I will never forget the time where we were playing and one of them was saying "Oh put this hat on Shelby";my Manchester Terrier (1992-2007) and she shook her head and the cap flew while she was slamming her tail to the wall wagging.:rolleyes:

Mom and Dad had a similar experience because one of them tended to troll them by blocking the pipe way and there was no clog.

I never said my first word until I was 4 when my step dad got me to say “may I have a chip please” by having me repeat each word after him. Soon after, we left the property in 1998 to move to Seattle and eventually in the 8th grade met Children Ghosts named Georgia and Arnie who lived oddly a couple years before the construction of the house. Georgia I believe past away on a bed and Arnie was apparently murdered. One night they were speaking a cry for help and I don't know if it was coincidence but the 19th century cabin got trashed with broken computers and we never went hunting sense since we also used to hunt in the area in my pre-Middle School days.

On April 3rd, 2010, my German Shepard; Morgan (1993-2010) passed away from old age. After she past away, we got to Dad's Semi-Truck from the vet and I felt and unusual energy in the other side of the back seat

3. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

You need help Skye, you are indeed psychic.

A portal welcome to my world.

I get mostly animals coming through.

And some human ghosts as well.

One that is constant is what call the perfume lady.

I have never seen her but smell her perfume.

just happened smell her again on friday

I think Skye, somewhere in families background you had

few psychics in your family. You should ask questions

in opened minded family members you may get some answers.

Shutting door is not easy I can focus at times

to shut the door it takes some kind of

positive images i put in my mind a beach, being in large meadow all alone.

The door can easily force it's way open.

4. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

We're still trying to get around to uploading our sound files from our ghostly recordings. Everything else seems to get in the way. However, we briefly had an angry spirit in our garage. This wasn't one of our regulars. It felt very much like an intruder. It had taken up residence over by the exterior garage door, and you couldn't walk into the garage without feeling that seething anger hitting you full on. The cats, who sleep in the garage, became terrified to go out there. Unfortunately, since they get too rambunctious at night, they have to go out.

One morning as I got up and got dressed I heard a crash from the garage. This wasn't unusual as the cats would sometimes knock things over as they charged for the door to come in in the morning. I opened the door and only one cat came running in, Scout, who had an injured ear. The other cats were hunched up on the clothes dryer staring wide-eyed at the spot where the spirit was residing. Suddenly they all bolted into the house. Scout's ear swelled up quickly and we took him to the vet. The cartilage was broken. Back home we saw nothing out of place in the garage.

Suddenly that angry feeling came on like a storm. It was an aimless fury full of nothing but hate. I stood in the garage and asked "What do you want? How can I help?" I thought that maybe a lost soul was in need of help. What I got was an increased wave of hate. Whatever it was wanted nothing more than to hate... and to hurt. I thought about Scout's ear and asked "Did you do this?" I got a sudden twisting feeling in my gut.

I opened up. I focused very strongly on a blast of bright white light and let it explode throughout the garage with a strong "Get out!" I made sure that I communicated a rage over what had happened to my cat, and that this spirit had picked the wrong house to haunt. I felt a rush of negative energy leave the garage.

Our garage is back to being its usual hang-out for our better-natured spirits. As for Scout, his ear is better and the cats don't fear the garage anymore.

5. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Maybe you should go into the "ghostbusting" business.LOL

6. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Lately I've been seeing orbs hovering over my face upon waking up. They are different colors and shapes and usually fly away and disappear after a couple seconds of waking.

Someone also died in my apartment and late at night when I am sitting at my computer I see shadows out of the corner of my eye on the wall (which is close to me). I see things behind my shoulder and hear things sometimes that are not people, animals, or normal house noises. I honestly don't get the feeling that there is a ghost in my house of the person who died here. He was old and it was his time to go. I do think I am being visited by other spiritual entities, however.

7. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

It's sounds as if you might be having visits from entities, but they are "good" ones. The colored orbs sound pretty, and non-threatening, almost as if they are taking care of you while you sleep. Do you feel any sense of threat?

8. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

LOL! We had hoped it would move along on its own, but once it hurt one of my cats, it was time to serve the eviction notice!

9. SkyeSpitfire

SkyeSpitfire Probationary

Hi Shadows - the women in my family tend to have these abilities - while the males seem to be complete skeptics! Funny how that's worked out. But none of the females seem to get it as strong as I do.

Last night I moved back into my room on the top floor and I had a terrible nightmare at about 3:15am - I haven't had a nightmare like that in a while. I just remember this man screaming as though he was being tortured because his children were about to be killed. I woke up and was shaking for ages - couldn't get his screams out of my head.. I had never heard anything like it before. Didn't end up going back to sleep. But there was an awful cold feeling in the room when I woke and I'm certain something was there.

As well as this, I'd recently had to block an incoming curse from a female who despises me. Seems to all be kicking off again in the new year.

10. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

When this sort of paranormal experiences was at its height in the early 80's for me - I would allways 'test the spirit.' That is what my Grandfather called it. They were used to me from my childhood 'seeing' and 'conversing' with spirit - but as a child I had a way of assuring them it was from a 'divine' source and through a 'divine authority.'

I wasn't religious, nor did I have a superstitious mindset. I was just curious after the age of 18. My family, (on the other hand) had a religious attitude and some of them bordered on superstition at times. I can recall a conversation I had with one of the 'ghostly spirits' when it showed up for a visit and I was fully awake sitting alone in my house.

"I have done had a long talk with my Grandpa about you fellows showing up like this. They is thinking you all are some sort of outlaws. Breaking the law and up to no good with it. They say God has done wrote out some laws concerning this sort of thing and feel it is going against God. I can't carry on conversations with you until it is proven to me and my mind that God is approving of this sort of thing. Otherwise, this is my last conversation with you - friend or no friend."

The spirits I dealt with - all said this was the right thing to do. I got the impression from many conversations (in spirit) that just as there are good people and bad people - so to - are there 'good spirits' and 'bad spirits' and caution had to be used when approached by any 'spirit' that was outside a body - or any spirit of any kind who wanted to have any sort of communication with the living.

My Grandfather said all I had to do was tell him it had been proven to my mind. He said nothing I could or would say about how it was proven to me - would be valid proof for him, so - he trusted me enough to give him my word on it.

The spirits used a word I thought was odd. They said there were spirits out to 'molest' the living. I looked up the word and it means to cause hurt, injury, harm or pain. I was made aware by my family as well as the 'spirits' themselves that not all paranormal activity was for the sake of good.

Sincerely,

DKing

11. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Around the time that I was able to identify myself in my WWII past life, I also had an increase in WWII related dreams and this was when I was seeing the orbs. I saw ones that were blue, green, and black. I did not feel threatened by any of them and I did not get any negative or evil feelings from them. I think they were helping me to uncover past life memories as maybe it was time in my spiritual development for me to remember. They could also have been old friends or comrades visiting me at night while I was having these dreams.

My Grandmother has always been really psychic and has been visited by dead loved ones who came to see her when they died and then she would get a phone call that they were dead. I hope she comes to say good bye to me when it is her time, but maybe I don't have the ability she does. I often feel like there are things around me but I just can't see them. She also has a gift with animals and knows stuff is going to happen before it happens.

12. BriarRose

I've been reading a book called "The Gathering", Zeon. It's by William Gammill. He says the "veil" is getting thinner, as shadows mentioned, and more and more people are "awakening". Your orb experience sounds like that, and it makes me happy just to read about them. In one house that I lived in, we had orbs that would start in the living room, turn down the hall, make another turn, and disappear into the wall over my daughter's bed. She was 10 then, and I never discussed it with her, because I didn't want her to be scared. Years after we moved, she mentioned having watched those orbs make their journey, just as I did from another room. Our house must have been a shortcut to somewhere the spirits wanted to be.

13. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

I don't know how I would feel about seeing orbs in broad daylight! I think that would be too much for me!

14. Sarellah

Sarellah Senior Registered

Never seen one in person (but I've seen them in videos) but I have woken up and heard beings flying around my room followed by the whipping of wind, also screaming/moaning in my ear. The sounds are quite odd, and usually these beings sound like they are in pain.

Last night I tried to contact my spirit guide but I did not get a reply I was fully conscious of. However, this morning I heard a being flying in circles around my bed, and I assume it was her. I think she was trying to wake me up because I've been skipping school. I didn't get up until I felt her tap me on shoulder...she's very pushy and persistent! (this is Danielle Marie, the girl who was my daughter in a past life...I can tell my education is very important to her!)

I think one of my modes of communication with spirits and angels is through hearing. My other modes are through telepathy, knowing, dreams, and downloads of information. Actually I got TWO recent downloads that I should connect to my spirit guides. One said "it's okay to pray to angels and spirit guides." (since I was thinking that it may not be okay since I was raised Jewish, where we're only supposed to pray to God.) The other one said "Read Sonia Choquette's book 'Ask Your Guides'." Now my friend is sending me the book for free, along with another one of her books. Has anyone ever read that book?

An angelic/spirit guide download is where you hear a ringing in your ear along with a slight pinch and then you feel a buzzing in your head for a few minutes. The first time that happened to me I thought it was my medication, before I realized I was receiving heavenly messages!

15. BriarRose

I've been having a tingling, or buzzing feeling fairly often. I was afraid it was a stroke! LOL I haven't read that book, but I am going to look for it. I have had the experience of my spirit guide shouting in my ear to wake me up. It's evidently important that you show up for school, Sarellah!

I was out all day yesterday, but when I got home, I had an unusual experience. I went into my bedroom to change clothes. I gave a little word of gratitude to G*d for how nice the day was. I glanced in the mirror, and could see a really bright diamond glittering in my hair, on the left side. The room was shadowed, with only the vanity lights on. My earrings were already off. A psychic once told me that I have two spirits that are over my left shoulder all the time, but I'd never seen them before. The "diamond" was only there for an instant, and it was gone. It was awesome, but I'm not sure what it was.

16. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

I think I have only once physically seen a possible ghost. I was staying in a house on a remote northern island for a week's work experience (I was living in the rooms above, while the practice was underneath). I had been told that emergency services sometimes stayed in the house too, but that it would be empty for the duration of my stay there.

Well, one evening, I came back from a walk, in through the front door, down the hall, and came to enter the living room, when I caught sight of a man in blue dungarees sitting in a chair nearest the door. Well, not expecting anyone to be there, I immediately turned tail and snuck back towards the bedroom, then thought, hang on a minute. If there was someone in the house, I had best introduce myself, and would rather know who they were, given that I was living there on my own. So I turned round again and went back towards the living room. Only to find there was no body there!

This left me rather confused and shaken. I swear blind there was a solidly built man in orange jumper and blue dungarees sat in the living room. However, a did a skirt of the entre room, and kitchen, and every single room in the little house, but apart from myself, it was totally empty! Needless to say, I locked all the doors on going to bed that night, and kept my mobile phone pretty handy.

Other than that, I sometimes have a feeling of uneasiness in some properties I have lived in, and I remember one in particular, where I just Had to recite prayers out loud whenever I was alone in the house. In my current house, I kept getting a rendition of a song called Hey, Jude in my head whenever I went near my room after purchasing a second-hand bed. In the end, I got fed up and despite feeling a bit of a mad woman, had an out-loud one-sided conversation telling whoever was tied to that bed and singing the song, that the bed was no longer wherever it had come from, that it was mine now, that I did not much care for Hey, Jude and would rather have other tunes in my head, and that basically this was my room, and to kindly go away lol. I don't know if it was a placebo effect, but apart from the odd occasion, I have my own songs now.

17. Sarellah

It's probably just your angels and guides sending you many messages at once, cuz they know you can handle it ;)

I was reading the book "Keys to the Spirit World" by Jennifer O'Neal and she wrote that the sound of a guide speaking through dimensions is very crackly and spooky sounding! Is it?

Wow! Who are the spirits, I wonder? Sounds beautiful! <3

18. argonne1918

You don't like the Beatles?

19. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

Oh, no. I like the Beatles alright, I grew up listening to my mother singing all the songs. It does get a little wearing though when every time you go upstairs, as if flicking a switch, Hey Jude starts swimming through your head. It's like having a broken record. Eventually it loses its novelty!

20. argonne1918

I agree. It would get on my nerves after awhile. Do they know any other songs?

21. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

No... only hey, Jude!

22. BriarRose

The voices sound normal, but I don't know if they're audible to anyone else, because I hear them when I'm asleep. My husband sleeps through earth quakes, so a little thing like an angelic voice wouldn't wake him. :D I don't know who the "diamond" was. I was looking in the mirror, and I looked radiant and mysterious, which is unlikely, because it was hot here, and I'd been running errands all day! I wondered if that could be how I look on the other side, and there are diamonds in my hair? I have read that our souls have an appearance that expresses who we really are. I hope so - I like that more than the idea of Michael Newton's drupes, hanging in clusters like dried dates!

23. Sarellah

Oh okay...maybe it was an angel voice, not a spirit guide voice? I bet you look beautiful from heaven and are covered in glowing diamonds!

24. BriarRose

Well, I think it is spirit guides talking, but I never see them. I just hear them giving me advice, and sometimes discussing other people. Presuming nothing a spirit guide does is an accident, I puzzle over why I'm hearing those discussions. It's been said that our guides confer with others with whom we are closely connected, and that could be the reason.

25. Sarellah

Maybe...

26. BriarRose

I started reading the Sonia Choquette book "Ask Your Guides", Sarellah. Thank you for recommending it, because it "rocks". LOL Now I know that the "diamond" I saw was my spirit guide. The author says that they can look like that. Trust me to have a spirit guide who makes a beautiful fashion accessory!

27. Sarellah

Oh wow - that is awesome! Glad you love it! Thank my friend Danielle Marie! <3 Oh my gosh that is sooooo cool! LOL

28. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

One clue if you have ghost or your house is haunted

is if cell battery drains or dies rather quickly.

Even after you charge the battery.

This happened to alot of people

and paranormal investigators.

29. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

When I was younger I shared a room with my sister, and in the corner of the room there was a tall, black mass in the shape of a man that would scare the heck out of me.

I will forever remember one particular night as I was trying to sleep I happened to glance over to the corner and I saw him stood there, when all of a sudden he was walking towards my bed. (The room was pretty small so it would have taken perhaps three strides.) Naturally I darted under the covers absolutely terrified, turning over to face the wall so I wouldn't see him. But then I felt him lean over me. As if he was watching me! I didn't move for the rest of the night. Took me ages to fall asleep.

I also had a strange experience when I was 8 or 9. It was very dark, rather late (I didn't grow up in a great household) and I was at the park across the road from my house with some friends (most were all at least 5 years older than me), and we were swinging on the swings. (Now thinking about what happned still scares me...) I was swinging on my usual swing, in avid conversation when it felt as if something rushed through me and I suddenly froze up. I couldn't move an inch and was helplessly clinging to the swing, screaming out for someone to help because I couldn't move.

It felt like it lasted a life time but it must've been only 3 seconds if that, and when I could move I stopped the swing, shaking like a leaf and asked why nobody helped me, I was screaming for them to help.

Apparently I hadn't made a sound the entire time. I went home instantly, shaking, terrified. Refused to go on the swings for a good 3-4 years after and I would never go to the park in the dark again.

30. argonne1918

It sounds like you also have some psychic ability and are able to see ghosts and spirits. That's not unusual either. Many people who remember past lives also have psychic ability. The man in your room was what some people call "shadow figures". He could have been either a deceased relative (from this life or a past life) watching over you or maybe your "spirit guide" or angel. The incident in the park also could have been the same ghost or spirit or a different entity. The other kids who were with you probably didn't see or hear anything. Do you still see ghosts or spirits? Have you tried communicating with them? You can use telepathy, they know what you are thinking.