Have you ever seen a ghost?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Kristopher, Oct 15, 2011.

1. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

When I was a lot younger I used to look into the paranormal a lot, I used to try and connect with spirits and speak with them, get them to move things and such. I would often feel someone playing with my hair whilst sat at the computer, and I'd have doors open on me, things would move or I'd smell something that wasn't actually there. That stopped completely once we moved house though.

Occasionally I'll bring out a Spirit Box to see if I can get anything from that, but since my anxiety peaked in my early teens I've been a little scared of the 'other side'.

I've had spirits speak to me before, which is quite the experience! Only short things, a questioning sound if I've been amused by something or a brief call of my name to get my attention.

I had a particularly strong experience mid secondary school when a male voice told me to tell a friend that her current passing fancy was cheating on her with another girl. I told her who had told me, the 'other girls' name and everything. She was really taken aback. I had no idea her past boyfriend (who's name I'd been told by the particular spirit) had died in a car accident. I honestly thought she was going to turn round and say I was crazy! LOL

As I said, I was far more in-tune when I was younger, but it was drowned out by my anxiety as I grew. I miss it from time to time~

I apologise for how long-winded all my replies are also cover face

2. LightDragon

LightDragon New Member

Yes, I've seen all sorts of things. Ghosts, orbs, shadow people, guides and other beings. We are rather used to it in our family.

3. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Do your your children have this ability also? Maybe it's too early to know. Anyone in your family intuitive or psychic? Telepathy? Precognition? Clairvoyant?

4. LightDragon

LightDragon New Member

Hi Argonne, yes all 4 of my children have had experiences. Both of my parents were intuitives. I have 3 sons and 1 daughter. My daughter is the one that is the most aware and developed. She and my youngest son are the only ones that have mentioned any past life recall.

5. larali

larali Member

Once I was waking up from a nap and saw a man by my bed. He had no head/ face, and no shirt either, and his body was very muscular. :eek: Maybe he took that form to try to seduce me or something. I was quite freaked out. I assumed it was a lucid dream but it was really strange.

When I was eight, my girl scout troop was camping under a lighthouse in my town. Long story short, I was chased through the woods (alone) by what I felt was a ghost dog. It was white and had black deathly eyes. When I reached the campground, it was gone. Just recently, I was reading about the lighthouse online, and it is suspected that devil worship had happened nearby and animals had been sacrificed. Creepy.

Edit to add that my daughter has seen something. She was about 2, one night I heard her yell out in surprise from her room. I went in and she was standing up in her crib and said "A man in my room!" She is now 9 and does not believe in ghosts (I don't tell her that I do!!!)

6. larali

larali Member

Oh this is interesting to me, because my 6-year-old has been complaining about buzzing in her ears. I need to take her to the doc about it, actually. I have to admit I'm not convinced it is supernatural in nature. She also doesn't seem to have any "special gifts" as far as communicating with spirits etc.

7. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

Iarli...

Just had to say that buzzing in the ears can be from a reaction to salicylates ... Your doctor may not have heard of it ... My friend gets it all the time as soon as she eats anything with salicylates in it .. http://www.livestrong.com/article/211991-what-foods-cause-your-ears-to-ring/

I have had a ghostly experience... In meditation I heard a ghost say that he wanted to marry me.. Creepy I know.. I consulted a psychic and they told me of a man with a certain description having commited suicide in the apartment below me .. I later found the truth of this .

8. larali

larali Member

9. larali

larali Member

Oh, when I was a kid I had a Ouija board. It was the old kind without batteries (they have batteries now--wth?) I used to play it with my friends. It always worked, and it was not us moving it. It would slide around and keep moving even when we had our fingers off it. One time the planchette started swirling around and around in a spiral. No way we could have even done that.

It lied however, because I remember asking it who I was going to marry, and it said Pete Peterson. I do know a Pete Peterson but he is a really sweet OLD man at my church.

Anyway, I was in a really crazy fundamentalist youth group at the time, and our group leader told us to burn it. She said we would hear the spirits screaming. So we burned it. Heard no screaming.

And about seances.... my sisters and friends and I tried to call up Kurt Cobain. We read about how to do a seance... the instructions said to have food ready because spirits like to smell food. We brought in a peeled banana. I don't remember what happened until something in the room fell over and we ran out, screaming. I wonder if it was really him. LOL