Holiday Memories

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by pixarfan, Dec 8, 2011.

1. A.L.G.Xeylon

A.L.G.Xeylon New Member

*eyes twinkle slightly* Best of holiday wishes to you too, Marc! :) I, at least, don't think that a lack of PL Christmas memories may indicate thus. Memories are made by impressions- and impressions indicate attachment. One could have celebrated it and forgotten...or, one may not need to remember such a thing. Those are just my thoughts, though.

2. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Mulled Wine Flashback

A memory tonight-

My husband was making some mulled wine. The aroma wafted throughout the house. I went into the kitchen as he was pouring it in the wine glasses. We enjoyed it at the table, and as we did, we began looking around the kitchen. We were both sitting in 21st century suburban America, but what we "saw" we began to describe to each other, taking turns. What we saw was a small cottage somewhere in Germany. We both felt it was in the Black Forest. It sounded like we were describing the same cottage. It was probably the 1500s. Something about the wine brought it all back.

He's still unsure about reincarnation in spite of this flashback. I think he's afraid to round that corner.

3. Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike Active Member

I had a recurring Christmas memory that I still cannot fit into my current lifetime. I'm at a house that has a 'indoor front porch' (apologizes for the vague terminology; I'm sure there is a proper term for that) and the house is absolutely packed with what I assume are friends and family. It is cold and snowy outside but my heart has never felt warmer and I never want this moment to end. All I can remember clearly is how the walls are all light brown in colour and there is no sign of a TV or similar technology (i.e. not any house I've ever been to!) and how happy everyone is to be in the same room.

We used to have a family gathering at my grandparent's house but it was nothing compared to the crowds in this memory. There is barely enough room to move yet everyone is in a happy and joyful mood. I can't say for sure this is a PL memory but it completely fits in with similar memories I had of a possible past life in 60's Midwest USA.

4. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Thank-you for the wine story Shiftkitty. Maybe I'll try cooking with Manischewitz wine to see if the aromas may evoke any possible PL memories of Jewish holidays.

5. A.L.G.Xeylon

A.L.G.Xeylon New Member

Christmas memories...haha, I'm afraid I have none at all. The only thing that comes close is the Winter Solstice, 'specially from the times I remember myself as an Egyptian priest. Perhaps more memories shall pop up? Who knows? xD

6. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

certainly! I have that problem myself lol. I think if your in a recent incarnation in the same or similar culture, its easier to take things for granted. I've had "adjustment" problems in several areas where as my son has had fewer..

7. Marc Ross

New Year's and other holidays festivities....

Happy New Year,

Has anybody had possible PL memories of New Years festivities past?

It would be surprising if the Times Square festivities have not evoked 'deja-vu memories of interest.' Has anybody in this Forum been to Times Square on New Years Eve?

With the main holiday season past, it's important to note that the lesser-known, shorter holidays may also evoke possible PL memories of interest.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
  8. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

Best Wishes for a Happy New Year to you as well Marc, and everyone else. :)

9. Shiftkitty

Happy and Prosperous New Year to you, Marc!

I have no memories of New Year's celebrations that I could state with confidence, and I wouldn't want to go to Times Square. Too crowded and they use those corrals that once you're in you aren't allowed to leave (even to go to the bathroom, and you have to get there early). Not much of a party if you're in a pen, eh?

Independence Day always evokes memories. The last few years have evoked them even more strongly. I have fleeting memories of a public reading of the Declaration of Independence and a feeling of "Well, we're in it now. No turning back." My loathing for the current administration often stirs up wisps of outrage from years past, a feeling of "We fought a revolution over less!"

Halloween is another one that stirs up memories of rural life, maybe mid-1600s, not sure. I remember peeling an apple in one long curl and tossing it over my shoulder. The letter it suggested when it hit the floor was supposed to be the first initial of the man you would marry. I remember many things that we dismiss as superstition now having once been very real. Of course, I also remember being admonished by an older woman, possibly an elderly aunt or even my grandmother, not to indulge in such foolish fancies, that we girls would be better off spending our time tending to our sewing rather than playing with forces that could very well be from the Devil himself. Ah, but I was a young girl in love, and foolish fancies were my prerogative! I remember my friends giggling with delight as the apple peel formed a distinct 'R', my heart-throb's name being 'Robert'! I do not remember my own name. I want to say "Madeline", but I'm not sure. I believe this incarnation was in New England somewhere.

10. Marc Ross

Shiftkitty,

Glad I found this post just days after Independence-Day. Any new memories of interest evoked this year?

Just the sights and sounds of this year's fireworks coupled with record hot weather in the Mid and Eastern US may evoke past Independence days with unusually hot weather!

11. Shiftkitty

Not really, but I did spend part of the day in quiet contemplation and caught brief sensations in my meditation. A crisp feeling in the air, the smell of an approaching autumn, (these two were odd because it was pretty warm this year), etc. However, all day long a name was stuck in my head; Betty. Not Betsy, not Beth, just Betty. As I write this, my gut says "Betty Brown". Something about apples comes to mind at the moment. As I think about it, I'm going to meet Betty Brown on a crisp day near the start of autumn. I don't know how the apples fit in.

Right about now my mind is trying to go at a mile a minute filling in the blanks, so I probably shouldn't write any more lest false memories crop up.

12. Hannah

Hannah New Member

Apple Brown Betty came to my mind when I read this. It's an autumn dessert, a sort of fruit cobbler. According to Wikipedia it was first mentioned in 1864. It was popular with the pioneers - and it was Ronald Reagan's favorite dessert.

13. Shiftkitty

Hm! I wonder if I heard that name before and just sort of subconciously formed it into a scene. Apple Brown Betty. Must... find... recipe! :thumbsup:

14. Marc Ross

Holiday gifts and reincarnation.

Hello,

How many consider the possibilties of reincarnation in shaping holiday-gift decisions?

I would like to give (and of course receive) gifts which may be not only evoke possible PL memories, but may be memorable in our future incarnations!

In short, not the "same-old same-old" ways to observe the holidays...in our present lives!

Thank-you

15. Marc Ross

Cont..

Hello,

Best holiday wishes!

Bumping-up this discussion thread; where I "left-off" last year!

As knowledge of possible past-lives of myself, family and friends are pretty-much nil, I'm not able to decide on holiday-gifts based on reincarnation. How many people are considering holiday gifts based on specific past-lives?

Marc

16. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

That would be interesting, Marc, but no, not planning on gifts based on past lives.

17. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

I think I did this, but not on purpose. One friend is getting a matrioshka doll, another a Celtic cross. I just picked them up at various events this year because they looked like something they would like.

18. Marc Ross

Holiday music

Best holiday wishes,

Enclosed is a discussion devoted to holiday music; which may be a trigger to possible PL memories:

Best New Years wishes.

19. Marc Ross

Any memories of New Years celebrations past?

Best New Years wishes,

Any memories of New Year's festivities from possible past-lives?

The tradition of the 'Times Square Ball' dates back over a century. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_Square_Ball

The older versions of 'Auld Lang Syne' are sometimes played.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auld_Lang_Syne

It seems that festivities past esp. traditions/experiences largely unchanged over the decades may be a "trigger" for memories of interest regarding possible past lives!

Marc

20. Shiftkitty

A happy and prosperous New Year! While I've always liked "Auld Lang Syne", I haven't recalled any New Year's celebrations. Heh, it's possible I'd drunk myself into a stupor!

I do know that on January 1st, I like to watch the sunrise. Yes, even after a night of partying my tushie off, I still manage to get up early. Today, however, it was the sudden discovery of a lack of toilet paper. that sent me out into the cold and up to the corner store (open 24/7, 365, and Eddy appreciates the holiday pay, thank God for rampant capitalism!).

21. Marc Ross

Holiday Season 2015

Best holiday wishes.

The holiday season brings about the whole gambit of emotions, senses, and experiences; hence "fertile ground" (seemingly) for triggers to possible PL memories.

Would deja-vu memories most likely occur if one's present-life, and past-life lived in the same geographical location, esp. if a given location has changed-little over the previous generations?

Thank-you.