Holographic Experiences & The Future

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Quantum physicists suggest that the universe is a hologram, or holomovement that contains both matter and consciousness as a single field. They suggest that all matter is inseparably woven, enfolded throughout the totality of the universe.

Physicist David Bohm went so far as to say that all life and intelligence are present in time and space, that they are woven within the entire universe. In other words, every portion of any object contains the whole, and every portion of the universe enfolds the whole.

Future experiences happen the same way past life spontaneous experiences happen for me. It is as if there is a tear in the fabric/veil of time/space (it is hard to describe) and I am suddenly there -in another time and place. The strange thing is that I found myself walking as a young man from a University Library - holding books and thinking clearly about the research and writing I was doing regarding religion and ancient texts.

I wanted to become a theologian and write about my findings. I knew there had been new archaeological findings that revealed information from sources in Ancient Egypt and early Christianity that was re-writing the history the West had become so fond of. I had an olive complexion, and lived in Europe somewhere. It only lasted for a minute or less but the feelings, the thoughts, the intentions I had were as clear as day.

Afterward - I wondered if my tenacity in this life time - my research into ancient religions and my curiosity would lead me in the future to what I had just experienced. I pondered on the fact that I had already had experiences that were holographic and past life related and I clearly remembered in my last life painting with friends in Italy and at the same time hiding a young Jewish girl from the Nazi's. Did my love for the arts then lead me to become a painting Professor at a College and my determination to protect the young Jewish girl from the Nazi -translate today for me to become an activist for children's issues?

It's an interesting experience - to look forward in time and back in time and see the patterns - how thoughts, feelings and emotions create. I am wondering if anyone here has holographic experiences into the future.

2. Lemurian

Lemurian Senior Registered

Afternoon Deborah :D .......

Hun I have a confession to make here. I ALWAYS knew you had a past life (a recent one) which prompted you to become a art professor and a activist for children's issues. While I have had no visions to let me know this, your passion, your dedication, your love for what you do (to mention just a few things) are all indications that this was true......

When one looks closely with one's heart and eyes it is fairly obvious actually (at least to me). In fact I would not be surprised that you had even more past lives which led you to be who you are now. Growth is a process and there are always patterns to see that growth. Always.......

You are an enlightened soul hun and it is absolutely no surprise to me that you helped children (a child) in a past life or two (or even more). I even bet that when ever you see a child in pain, especial emotional, part of you feels it too. You could stop helping children no more than you could instantly become a man in this life. It is as a part of you (and who you were) as much as your artwork is a part of creation and the search within and without for wisdom and truth..........

"It's an interesting experience - to look forward in time and back in time and see the patterns - how thoughts, feelings and emotions create. I am wondering if anyone here has holographic experiences into the future."

I do, though not necessarily to your skillful extent. However I would not call mine "holographic experiences" as I would "visions" (I know, I know, a tea cup by any other name is still a tea cup :D). Most of my visions come when I am dreaming. Some are good but mostly they are bad visions. What I mean by bad visions is that they tend to involve strife, trouble, and the will to overcome them......

Never (at least as far as I remember) have I had a vision which depicts a future lifetime of mine. However I know why I don't. 1) I choose not to have them. 2) Time tends to blend for me. The past, the now, and the future tend to be as one in my consciousness. I use time as a instrument of measurement but am not bound by it. That influences my perception so to speak. 3) I tend to deliberately minimize my visions as I feel that I am not ready as a person to handle them well. I am not "mature" enough spiritually to be able to easily accept this ability as at least for me at this time, it can be a double edged sword emotionally.........

4) Fear. I am quite sensitive to emotions, even other peoples. I can actually feel past pain as if I was experiencing it for the first time. I can sense others emotional state when I try (including animals). Accordingly my visions can be a emotional trip for me, one that I do not always relish. This has scared me a bit in that it is sometimes easy for me to get caught up in the emotions of the vision. I consider this a blessing and a curse actually. The results is that I actually fear me having visions and it has somewhat stunted my spiritual growth and evolution of my abilities........

It is truly wonderful that you have this ability hun and that you are such an evolved soul that you can handle them with love and light and a inner strength which is obvious to see. You inspire more than you realize hun and that too is a gift. What is past is prologue in my mind and this can include all things spiritual such as holographic experiences such as you have described......

I do have a question though. Questions are good right lol? Well when you had this holographic experience of the future, are you positive it was you that you saw and not someone emotionally connected to you instead? I know this may sound like a dumb question but hey, I can do dumb too :laugh: :D.......

Thank you for sharing hun. They are good questions too might I add. Take care free spirit and as always......

Peace & love........

3. Deborah

Thank you for the thoughtful and affirming post Lemurian. I appreciate it. :) You asked -
    That's just it - and the difference; I was not looking at someone - I was walking and I looked down --- to see I was a man, in brown pants, black slip on shoes, olive complexion on my arms, I could see them as I held the books. I was that man, I was not looking at him, I was him. I felt what he felt -I saw through his eyes. So I am positive it was.........me. ;)

I have experienced this, as I said, in a past life and I have seen others and who they are to me now holographically. But the hologram experience in the future -for me is a first.

FYI -I was a painter in the Netherlands - early 1400's. I came from Russia; I was sent by my father to become a master painter for the churches. So yes- the painting thing goes WAYYYYYYYYY back. Patterns........an interesting premise.

My mother had the same trouble. She finally asked spirit to only show her things that she could make a difference, or help. It seems to have worked, at least for her.

The holographic experience is hard to describe. Maybe later this week I will post more about it. ;)

4. SAR01

SAR01 New Member

though I joined a few yrs ago, life got in the way, so I do not have many posts, but do have alot to hopefully share.

I have had many spontaneous "poofs" I call them, :) poof I am in another body (many times more male then female) and fully aware of who I am. I can hold there a few seconds until the logical part of the ME me says, whoa!!!! then instantly I am back in the here and now. to my knowledge this has only happened when I have been alone.

Even though I mostly go back into a time period, I can also go "lateral" if that makes sense.. meaning lateral in this life...I have passed myself as me outside on my walkway.. and LOOKED into my own eyes thinking OH MY! that is me... and then the awareness pulls me back into the Me of me.

maybe I am not saying it right, but I'm trying to say that I think I am jumping ahead just a few seconds in this life, as if there is a crinkle in the time -space continuim and sometimes I am just a bit "ahead" or behind.

I was afraid when this started a few yrs ago, but no longer. mostly what happens is I go forward into a situation, and now since I KNOW it is happening, I try to make a mark or something I can look for when my time line puts me there again. for instance.. I once was standing in a kitchen and so happy and I could describe everything to my husband...four yrs later we bought a new house and it was then I realized it was the kitchen I stood in and told my hubby to remember this!

oh my, this sounds so freaky re-reading it, I will try to come back and explain a bit better, but a storm is heading in.

Blessings.

5. MATT

MATT New Member

Deborah

There are 52 Major time-wave intersections , or GAP's , within the Mayan calendar. Half of them condense and contract our past wisdoms ,and the other half help expand and liberate us by opening us to future directions . Thus during 52 days of the 260 Mayan year we are all open to past and future time tunnels . If one keeps a dream diary and notes one's dreams during these periods, then the pattern is more obvious . With the help of dream crystals , the dream can be made clearer and more vivid [ like herkimer crystals]. I have kept a dream diary for nearly 30 years and the kind of dreams that you noted is a regular event, even though at the beginning I was not aware of their regular pattern. I do not follow the Mayan calendar at the present but I keep a dream diary and look for these past and future events or visions .There is also a certain finger of your hand which if massaged a certain way will activate future or past life recalls.

6. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

Ok gang we are wandering a bit off the chosen path here. I will be the first to admit that it is lots of fun to talk about how we have seen our future in this life and how it came to be years later, but as has been repeated before this is a forum about past lives and future if you have any of those.

SO as Deborah asked at the beginning of this thread when you see a pl or a future LIFE does it seem as if it's like viewing a hologram or something else?:thumbsup:

So think back to when that image flashed or you had that dream...how would you classify that picture(s).:cool

Jack

7. Deborah

HI Matt,

My experiences were not a dream. I experienced it in a waking state and while walking. I am sorry I didn't make that clear. I posted the thread so perhaps someone will find validation in the experience; especially if they too have had a similar event happen to them.

8. Chansa

Chansa Senior Registered

Hello. :) What an interesting topic! It almost intimidates me but I'll attempt to put my experience into words.

According to classical physics, it is impossible for two or more objects/events to share the same point in space at the same point in time.

The past is past.
    The future is the future.
    And the only real experience we can have is in the ever moving present. We can only touch the past or future through memory or imagination.

Yet, I've had at least three experiences that seemed to reveal the universe and my soul working in a holographic nature, as suggested by quantum theory. In each of those experiences, my perspective told my senses that events and places normally separated by time and/or distance (as classical physics dictates) completely merged into a single time and place. Paradoxically, despite slipping into unity, neither perceived set of "time and place" lost wholeness or integrity within and of themselves. They merely overlapped and I was caught in the strange interference. :)

One of those three experiences was a past life regression I recently underwent. While I tend to think most past life regression/future life progression occurs in a holographically eternal NOW, I think any healing that results from the experience is particularly suggestive of a holographic nature inherent of spirit and universe.

A few days ago I relived a part of my life as a Native American woman grieving the loss of her baby daughter. While the images and impressions progressed steadily in my mind, I was sitting in a chair, listening to a regression script on headphones. I never lost sensation of the room I was sitting in nor did I become less aware of the music or the reader's voice. The most powerful part of the regression was the peak of a healing phase my spirit seemed naturally drawn into without any prompting from the regression script.

On and off, I'd transported back and forth between an observant position and participant. After I witnessed the soul thrashing grief my past self went through over her "dead" daughter, I spontaneously merged with my past self again, feeling like both her and "Chance" at the same time.

Her emotions became my emotions.
    My thoughts were her thoughts. I even sensed her slender body clenched in grief while feeling my fuller body sitting in the chair begin to mirror her grief-stricken one . We were indeed, "one".

Our/my daughter appeared before me as a little girl. At that instant, an arrow stuck deep in my heart lay broken instead, on the ground next to us. She told me she loved me and then hugged me. As she wrapped her little arms around me, an unexpected flood of heat rushed into my heart chakra as my daughter literally melted into my heart. I continued hugging her back until she fully disappeared into me.

Even as the last bit of her melted into me, I felt her in the form of heat running through my body all over, my body as Chance, sitting in my chair with a ridiculous contraption wrapped around my head and the fan blowing its artificial wind over that body. :)

Both the past and present "me" experienced a healing that seemed to transcend roughly five hundred years and whatever distance lies between my house and the forest they/we were in.

Even as I type these words, the energy in my heart continues running differently than before, lighter and less obstructed. While I feel this is just the beginning of a healing journey, past griefs seem lesser now and I feel more open to welcoming love into my life without constantly fearing loss or separation. At the same time, I feel like my past self was able to move on with the grace she felt so deprived of after her daughter fell out of her life.

I feel this experience supports the idea or possibility of our holographic nature. What seems to have happened long ago is happening now. Correspondingly, what seems beyond our reach is already resting in our hands - we only need to become aware of it.

It may have all been a temporary lapse in sanity.:laugh:

But when I quiet my left-brain chatter, and listen to my heart, I feel it to be a rare glimpse at a divine truth, myself even, in its truest form. That glimpse manifested as a healing experience across a supposedly uncrossable span of time, affecting me not only on a spiritual level but a mental, emotional and, perhaps most amazing of all, a very physical level, too.

And something tells me, it doesn't have to be so rare. ;)

9. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

What a wonderful account Chansa. But it may have all been a temporary lapse into a higher level of sanity. I'm going to have to get a CD player so I can work with the OM CD some more. I almost feel cheated that I don't experience my PL memories in these ways.

John

10. Deborah

HI Chansa,

I am reading along. ;) I would say that you did more than attempt to express your experience; you have also shared your understanding from the heart. You have so eloquently woven the words, yet the feeling I get as I read them is you are holding out both hands as if in a gesture of giving. Your words offer many blessings to those who read them.... Many Blessings indeed.

Have you or anyone else seen a person in the here and now or in a meditation - and holographically projected over them is another form/image? Perhaps the opposite sex, another race, or from a time long ago? Yet they occupy the same space? I have always understood this kind of experience to be past life related. What are your thoughts and experiences? Just an additional question. ;)

11. Chansa

Chansa Senior Registered

Hi all, :)

Thank you for all of your thoughtful words. It's been a pretty strange and thought-altering experience for me.

I aplogize in advance if this post ends up making no sense. I just got back into town after two straight days of celebrating birthdays and am pretty tired and zone-y (whatever that is ;) ).

Actually, Deborah, I believe that I have.

Towards the end of the regression experience I described in my last post, a woman appeared in the forest before me. She was smiling at me and pointing toward a tree top I couldn't see because the rest of the forest canopy obscured it from my angle.

It was mostly the eyes that told me at first. A light in her eyes, the way she was smiling. I seemed to just know this woman's spirit was the same as my mother's in this life. I was sure of it but a part of me wanted more.

She was dressed like I was in that life and was clearly someone from my group of people. When I mentally asked for clarification or confirmation of some kind, my mother's face appeared, sort of overlapping the woman's face. I saw key differences between facial structures and mostly skin color but my mother and her apparent past life self bore remarkable resemblance to one another. The two faces sort of wove in and out - at one moment seeming completely my mother's face and at the next, a strong, Native American face. In between these visual switches, the faces blended smoothly and merged before cycling again. When I tried to see past whatever face revealed itself to me, I could see the other one underneath. I found this strange but didn't even think of it as "holographic" at the time. :)

Unfortunately, this is where the regression file I was listening to abruptly froze up for several moments and I accidentally opened my eyes and flew up out of the chair. :rolleyes:

12. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps the problem is a linguistic one. I will experience 'things' sometimes when awake and going about my business. I don't think of these sorts of 'visions' as 'holographic projected images' but I think of them as seeing with my 'other eyes'.

For instance the other evening I was sitting out in the garden at twilight with a friend and as I watched him talking (about nothing of great consequence really) I saw his face change into that of a wise old woman and I 'knew/remembered' we were sitting in her kitchen and she was telling me something very important back in some earlier period. The trees overhanging the garden became like the pots and pans hanging on the wall of the kitchen and so forth.

Both scenes were quite vivid as long as I did not try to focus too hard on either of them if you know what I mean. The actual image I was seeing with my actual eyes remained the back garden and my friend speaking, but my 'other eyes' saw this 'other' scene. I am sure this means that I have known this chap in another life as this wise old woman. The impression of whatever it was she was telling me is vague. If I were to meditate on it I am sure I could get more info and probably will get round to that before long. Come to think of it the guy was actually giving me a lecture about my love life - so maybe that was timely to this life anyway! :laugh:

13. Deborah

A year old topic that perhaps newer members might want to comment on. ;)

14. Ginger_Mandrake

Ginger_Mandrake Ever Confused

Wow

These were all really great experiences to read about, it is such an amazing concept, that time actually does not exist in a linear, non-accessible fashion. At the same time, it is something that is taught in some schools of Buddhism and Hinduism and probably other philo-religious ways of thought.

I especially enjoyed Chansa's account, so beautiful! Chansa, are you a writer? If not you should be...

Deborah, from the posts of yours that I have read so far it seems as if you access many of your memories through intense meditation, but that this one was spontaneous. Does this ever happen with memories of the past, or just memories of the 'future'? I guess we have spontaneous memories of the things that happened to us in this life (I know my own have caused me to burst into laughter at innappropriate moments:)) so why should it be so strange that other 'memories', or portions of the 'holographic universe' could be accessible in a similar way.

I just started reading about the HGU theory last night and it reminds me of that old Hindu story of the god who had the whole universe in his throat.

15. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Ginger,

The computer I have been using does not allow me to access the PMs for some reason, so I have not been able to reply to you. Will do later...

As to the old debate "linear time vs no time", which has also been continuing in the threads in the Science Section, I just thought I'd add that, at the level of the Soul, which has no mass, indeed there would be "no time"; but as for the development of events, which we perceive as "time" both in the physical and in the spiritual realms, seeing as they both consist of space and matter (although the spiritual fluids are by far more subtle), they inevitably follow the "enfolding process" explained in Michael Newton's book "The Hollographic Universe", and therefore must be sequential.

However, the fact that it is possible for the "Hollogram" to maintain a record of all thoughts and events throughout its enfolding process beautifully explains how it is possible to access "past events" as if they were occurring "now". Taking an example, if it were possible to travel at the speed of thought, which is faster than the speed of light, and which the Soul, when not involved by a body whether spiritual or physical is quite capable of doing, it would be possible for us to experience past events in the "now" just as it is possible for us, in the "now", to view the light of stars which were emitted millions of years ago.

Seeing as everything is "light", our means of accessing this registry of past events, which is known as the Akasha Records, is indeed quite possible. In my view, however, the Akasha Records are just this: records. I do not see them as our Soul participating in them simultaneously to its participation in the instant we refer to as "now", although when we access such registries they do indeed create this impression. I once had a dream in which I was looking right into the eyes of my past life as Charlie Stuart, and he/I was looking right back into my own. A very eerie experience. But in my view, the Soul accompanies the enfolding process of the Hollogram. It is only present in the moment we interpret as "now". Indeed, all things are happening in the "now", but my interpretation of this is different from others here on the forum. In my view, it is only in the instant we interpret as "now" that we, as Soul/Consciousnesses, can act.

Hope I made some sense... :D :rolleyes:

16. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

I wrote out a blog about an experience that happened to me in 1981. I was constantly having the spirits of five friends show up in my dreams. It was so vivid - I would wake up and find their 'spirits' glowing and hovering around my bed. I would turn over and go back to sleep - knowing that I was about to have some sort of 'out of body' or 'out of time' eternal experience and conversation with them. They (the spirits) were constantly trying to 'educate' me about how the past and future were all one thing in the realm they were currently living. That was fine and well for their minds and their understanding in the beyond - but I was walking around with my feet firmly planted in the here and now and not the 'hereafter."

I had a group of friends I spoke with during the day who were also walking with their feet firmly on the ground. I would pass on to them the 'information' coming to me in dreams. We sort of had our own version of the 70's show pow-wow sessions. We would sit in our own little circle and I would tell them my latest revelation from the 'dream' circle of friends. (My living friends wanted me to get my 'spirit friends' to leave us some of what they were smoking - because the information was mind boggling and a 'trip' as the saying went back in the early 80's.)

One night - I felt my spirit was taken out of my body and my spirit traveled to the future. In that moment - my spirit merged into one complete being. The past, present and future became one single point of view. I woke up the next morning and called my living friends together for a pow-wow on my latest 'dream vision.'

I had traveled 25 or so years into the future and merged into my future mind. Doing so - knocked the socks off my future mind because I saw my 'ghost' hovering around outside of me. Not just any ghost. My ghost from the past looking 25 years younger. It merged into me for a 'blink of eye' moment and we had a 'shared session' of 'knowing' and it departed again.

I was haunted by my own 'living ghost' from the past.

I wrote out a short blog on it at - Back to the Future - Vision

There are instances of this sort of thing happening in my childhood as well.

I thought I would share it here on this old thread.

Sincerely,

Dave

17. SundayAtDusk

SundayAtDusk New Member

I still cannot even grasp what is meant by a "holographic universe"...much less know if I've ever had a "holographic experience"!q6gif

Can anyone put it all in a nutshell...for us simple minded souls? :)

18. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

There is a book called 'The Holographic Universe' by Michael Talbot where he proposes that the 'Universe' (or "reality as we know it" in other words) is less like a clockwork or a machine, or a road, or a line drawing as we may once have previously thought of it ... and more like a multi-dimensional whole in constant and swirling fluid interconnectedness. The book attempts to explain that reality is more like a 3D 'hologram' than a 2D drawing where the parts are all reflected in the whole and are all intertwined...

A useful metaphor, and I believe he uses this image in the book from Chinese medicine, is the way in the human body, the ear reflects the entire body, curled up - every nerve in one's ear reflects a nerve in the body, from the head to the womb to the toes and so on... Just as a hologram can reflect a 3D image of the original image (say an apple or whatever) from one fragment even if you were to break it into pieces, unlike a conventional photograph, which if you cut it up into bits shows only a part of the original picture...

Likewise, time (or matter or energy) is not a straight line. Time is not a road that you must walk along in plodding fashion, with a beginning and an end, but more like an ocean in which we swim... Where words and mathematics fail to explain fully, metaphors must fill in the gaps of understanding... We have had discussions about this sort of thing before more than once.

Certainly, I am experiencing time this way more and more than ever recently. I seem to be more 'unstuck in time', to borrow a phrase from Kurt Vonnegut Jr, than ever (and I have always been a bit that way). I flash forward and back seemingly at will. I 'imagine' something 'today' and it happens 'tomorrow'. I wish for something and it comes to pass within a week. I dream about a memory and it happens again the next day. It is a bit unnerving now and again, but I'm getting used to it. Certainly, flashes forwards and simultaneous experiences of the past, future and present are not strange to me, but relatively normal. I'm used to it. I don't know what the 'maths' is for this, but I know it is quite real.

19. SundayAtDusk

SundayAtDusk New Member

And I dreamed I saw the bomber death planes

Riding shotgun in the sky,

Turning into butterflies

Above our nation.-- Joni Mitchell

Thank you, tanguerra...I think I am grasping the idea some...but probably not much.:rolleyes: The only possible holographic experience I can think of for myself, is that sometimes I experience what I call rapid synchronicity...just one instance of synchronicity after another. At first I found it highly interesting, because usually my instances of synchronicity were spaced far apart...but then it became less and less interesting; because there was no rhyme or reason, as far as I could tell. And all the instances involved trivial things in life...so, it was like: "Who cares?" Believe me, synchronicity involving mundane things loses its appeal quickly. When it happened, I just started ignoring it all. And then, it stops, if you ignore it.

Interestingly, at the same time the rapid synchronicity started, my dreams went from being highly interesting to mundane. I use to be REALLY interested in dreams, and had a huge dream journal...but then, my dreams became so dull...so mundane...and even at times, downright parochial...that I stopped writing them down. They are still "sad" to this day! :( But I have recently finished a good dream book, and have started jotting down dreams again, in hope that will energize my dream life again. So, where do dreams fit into a Holographic Universe? It sounds like in the HU your waking life becomes more like your dream life...so, where does that leave your dream life? What does it make of your dream life?

Talking of that dream book--the book is Dreamwork For The Soul by Rosemary Ellen Guiley. And she has a chapter in it entitled, "Encounters With Death", that is totally about dreams Michael Talbot had. She also has a chapter on past life dreams, and all sorts of other interesting dream topics. I highly recommend the book.