How do you feel plans made by souls on the other side impact free will?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by KnickKnack, Feb 6, 2012.

1. KnickKnack

KnickKnack New Member

I have been thinking about this for awhile now, all the more after reading of life plans made by souls on the other side. If say, for example, Jane Doe has a general plan to have 'xyz' experiences and reincarnate with John Doe, how would that impact free will of everyone while incarnate?

Not sure if I am getting my thought across (that sometimes happens, I will be thinking one thing, but conveying it to others takes it in an unintended direction) I suppose the gist of my question is whether others feel that free will is curbed to a degree (as in certain things must happen, regardless), or if maybe while on the other side a soul has the ability to look at the bigger picture and see likely outcomes and base plans on that ... sort of like a giant 'if then" computer program where things will likely play out based on events/actions already set in motion (where they're making plans based on likely outcomes rather than on unalterable pre-determined events).

2. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I think it's a bit much to say that any contract or plan is so binding in that we don't have any free will because everyone is either part of our plan, or we're part of someone else's.

I think maybe instead, we pick one or two things we want to accomplish or focus on and then rest is left open to experience and figure out along with the way.

However I certainly think that key and pivotal events are planned, as they factor in heavily in what we want to learn or accomplish for that life.

I also think it's entirely possibly for them to be derailed by events outside of one's control.

3. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

To me, a lifeplan explores the immutable events (world wars, earthquakes, etc) in the time period a human being will be alive on the earth along with an incredibly detailed review of various options available to that human being based on its location, family, characteristics, karma and likely choices of options along the way. The idea is to use each lifetime to fulfill certain experiential events and learn. I sense there are clues/tells and guidance reminders along the way to remind us of the path we had chosen...I have certainly benefitted from clues which kept me on some portion of my chosen path.

Free will is simply the ability to choose to follow one planned lifepath over another, or to deviate completely from the lifepath. In a shakespearian manner, it is the ability to improvize or go "off script" and leave the lifeplan, but it is also the ability to choose "not to" leave the plan...it can also keep one on his path despite the temptation, desire or push to do something else...like a choice not to follow the direction dictated by a mob or societal norm which does not serve the incarnate individual or his path for this lifetime.

This is how it works for me.

4. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

I agree with the above. There are main points I think we chose to accomplish/learn, but there are countless little things that all seem to fit in the plan somewhere. It can get quite complicated if you think about all the different people & events that need resolved/improved from just one life, let alone all your past lives and theirs.

Somehow it all works out, everyone has free will and I think on some level everyone chooses to 'learn & grow', so whatever needs to happen in your life that equates to that lines up and happens as it needs to. Amazing really. :thumbsup:

5. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Absolutely!

6. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

I agree with Totoro. I certainly don't think every detail is planned out, and I believe in free will, mine and everyone else's. For my life it feels like a few things were 'meant to be', but that I missed the boat on others, while other events were 'created' as I went along.