How do you remember: flashbacks, dreams, meditation, regressions or...??

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Lady2, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

I find it fascinating how many different ways the soul can be triggered to remember the past, even if the event happened hundreds of years ago. How do you remember: flashbacks, dreams, meditation, regressions or...?? I’ve remembered past lives through spontaneous flashbacks, had powerful dreams that were undeniably past life, but only tiny pieces of memory come through while listening to regression CDs, (haven’t had a private regression yet).
    I’m interested in how other likeminded people remember…

2. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

You might want to check out the thread and poll How We Perceive Past Life Memories, which a search should help you find.

3. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

I don't actually know if this is past life related or not. You know when you're trying to fall asleep at night and right before you do fall asleep you have a sort of 'day' dream. Like you start dreaming even though you aren't sleeping yet. Well, I always seem to wake up with a shock whenever I see deep water. This happens with heights, too, but I'm sure that's rather common in a lot of people. I dont have too many problem at all with deep water when I'm actually awake though. I would happily swim in a deep swimming pool all day but you couldn't get me to swim in the sea if you tried! :laugh:

4. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

John - thanks for telling me about the poll on ‘How We Percieve Past Life Memories’, very interesting, I had not found it. I was surprised that the most voted way of experiencing past life memories is through dreams. That is how I experience most of mine as well.

Kristopher -

Yes, I know what you mean. Kind of like your mind wonders somewhere, with great detail, without you even thinking about it. Never seems to last very long…I usually have this sort of thing happen more when I am going through the stages of waking up rather then falling asleep. I don’t think this itself is past life related, however when my mind is in that ‘inbetween’ state I have had past life flashbacks. Past life dreams are much more common for me though. Your connection with the deep sea water, no matter if you're awake, asleep or inbetween, is very likely past life related. Fascinating…Thanks for posting.

5. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Flashbacks, usually, though these aren't often full-blown memories so much as threads that must be followed to determine if it's a PL memory or just something that reminded me of an incident in my current life that I had simply forgotten about.

Seriously, I went to see the "Dinosaurs Alive" animatronic exhibit when it came to San Jose, and I was having plenty of flashbacks that, though this is an extreme stretch of the imagination, might have gone back to the days of humans being tree-scrabbling primates. However, I swiftly realized that I was remember seeing a dinosaur exhibit that used to be down off of Hwy17 when I was much younger. So yes, it was a flashback, but not to a prehistoric life.

However, a photograph of the slums of New York circa 1900 flips all kinds of switches that I have yet to link to a stashed memory from this lifetime.

6. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

I agree with you Shiftkitty, some 'flashbacks' are not past life memories, (more like current life memories). However, of the flashbacks I've had, I can definitely tell the difference!

Thanks for posting -

7. Johnnysean

Johnnysean New Member

Most of my memories are tied up in intuitions. However I sometimes, usually when I am half asleep, will hear something on the radio or the television that is relevant to me.