• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How does death feel like and how did you experience the afterlife?

Lia1992

Hi everyone,

while I don't have any memories of either my past life or lives nor my time in between lives, I wanted to ask you what it felt like to die (both positive and negative experiences) and how you experienced the afterlife.

Was it like a proper location with architecture and gardens? Or something else?

Or was it something indescribable?

Did you review your life and if so, did you do it alone or with fellow souls or with some sort of guide or higher being?

If not, what else did you do in the afterlife?

And did you choose your next life actively or didn't you have a choice or did you want it to be a surpirse?

And what does it feel like to reincarnate? How much do you remember? Does anyone remember being a fetus or even a baby after birth?

I'm curious to your stories. :)

Last edited:
Hi Lia,
Interesting questions you put there.
I don't have any direct personal experience, so can't say much in that sense.
However, I remember one book I read a long time ago "Life in the world unseen" , don't remember the author now,
but described indeed beautiful scenery all around, incredible colors, etc. and that you could choose how you wanted to manifest,
you could also have the house like you wanted ..... I remember things of this type of flexibility, but it's ages ago.
I take it that it could be possible perhaps for our comfort, but I don't think it's the main subject when we're up there.

There is a very interesting Brazilian movie called "Nosso Lar" (Our Home), in English they seem to call it Astral City, based on the novel by Chico Xavier.
I repeat that I have no direct experience, but from what I have read, in my mind this corresponds very well with all I've read about the afterlife.

Nosso Lar: Life in the Spirit World (Portuguese: Nosso Lar), also known as Astral City, is a novel by the Brazilian spiritist medium Francisco Cândido Xavier. First published in 1944,[1] it tells the story of André Luiz, a prominent doctor who lived in the city of Rio de Janeiro. After dying, André Luiz finds himself neither in Heaven nor Hell, depicted in the teachings he had received during his Catholic upbringing, but rather in the so-called umbral, a region where less-than-perfect souls face the consequences of their infelicitous actions while alive. After a while, He is able to perceive the presence of Clarêncio, a friendly spirit who had been trying to help him all along during his time in umbral. Clarêncio then takes him to Nosso Lar, a spirit colony, or astral city, where André becomes acquainted with the intricacies of afterlife and reincarnation.

Hi, everybody.

What a strange topic. How can someone be interested in such a thing?

Never remembered my death (from my last PL), it must have been totally erased from my memory - thanks to Eternity !
Seconds before dying, I saw images of a rural stone house where I believe I had been born and raised.
Died drowned, but don't remember water entering my nose nor mouth, and have no phobia to the water ever since in this life - just contrariwise, I was always fascinated by the sea.

I was never interested in LBL, either, and don't think I remember anything related to it. I was never interested neither in OBE nor in NDE, and never had any wish to meditate for entering into those states.

Lia, if you accept an advice, you coulld find answers to many questions just reading Michael Newton's books.
I have them all (I think) in the audio (mp3) format, and I listened to them everywhere through a small walkman.

I think it's better not to mix this life's and the afterlife's environments - everything will come in its due moment.

Best Regards.

IMHO.

Last edited:
I agree, Michael Newton's books are great, life in between lives, very interesting.
It's been years ago but he talks about cluster groups or soul groups, the group of souls we evolve with over time,
the energy with which you reenter the physical world, when you come back to life, etc. etc.

Hi, everybody.

What a strange topic. How can someone be interested in such a thing?

Never remembered my death (from my last PL), it must have been totally erased from my memory - thanks to Eternity !
Seconds before dying, I saw images of a rural stone house where I believe I had been born and raised.
Died drowned, but don't remember water entering my nose nor mouth, and have no phobia to the water ever since in this life - just contrariwise, I was always fascinated by the sea.

I was never interested in LBL, either, and don't think I remember anything related to it. I was never interested neither in OBE nor in NDE, and never had any wish to meditate for entering into those states.

Lia, if you accept an advice, you coulld find answers to many questions just reading Michael Newton's books.
I have them all (I think) in the audio (mp3) format, and I listened to them everywhere through a small walkman.

I think it's better not to mix this life's and the afterlife's environments - everything will come in its due moment.

Best Regards.

IMHO.

Well, someone has to be interested in the strange topics because everybody else is already interested in the other topics. ;)
I've always been interested in unusual topics and tended to ask philosophical questions (for instance, as a small child I've already wondered what would happen to the "thing that makes you you" - didn't know the words consciousness or soul yet apparently - and it was logical to me that the soul would not vanish because I reasoned that how could you possibly NOT feel or sense stuff? Things like memories or emotions didn't have senses like eyes or noses where they were made so I reasoned that these things were somehow eternal and continued to exist after you died. I imagine that it would feel like your consciousness would be sort of blown away gently into a new body)

I've already bought Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls but I wanted to know people's personal experiences here because of course I could read what people have written down but that's what what this post is supposed to be about ;) :) But thank you for suggesting the books. I've read recommendations of them in many different threads so they must be good.

Hi Lia,
However, I remember one book I read a long time ago "Life in the world unseen" , don't remember the author now,
but described indeed beautiful scenery all around, incredible colors, etc. and that you could choose how you wanted to manifest,
you could also have the house like you wanted ..... I remember things of this type of flexibility, but it's ages ago.
I take it that it could be possible perhaps for our comfort, but I don't think it's the main subject when we're up there.

There is a very interesting Brazilian movie called "Nosso Lar" (Our Home), in English they seem to call it Astral City, based on the novel by Chico Xavier.
I repeat that I have no direct experience, but from what I have read, in my mind this corresponds very well with all I've read about the afterlife.

Nosso Lar: Life in the Spirit World (Portuguese: Nosso Lar), also known as Astral City, is a novel by the Brazilian spiritist medium Francisco Cândido Xavier. First published in 1944,[1] it tells the story of André Luiz, a prominent doctor who lived in the city of Rio de Janeiro. After dying, André Luiz finds himself neither in Heaven nor Hell, depicted in the teachings he had received during his Catholic upbringing, but rather in the so-called umbral, a region where less-than-perfect souls face the consequences of their infelicitous actions while alive. After a while, He is able to perceive the presence of Clarêncio, a friendly spirit who had been trying to help him all along during his time in umbral. Clarêncio then takes him to Nosso Lar, a spirit colony, or astral city, where André becomes acquainted with the intricacies of afterlife and reincarnation.

that's very interesting! :D Thank you for suggesting the novel. :) I already googled it.

Hi Lia,

Hey Oscar,
I've found a clip of Nosso Lar which is very interesting. Like the person in front of the Rectification Chambers said: this may not be the heaven that you dreamed of but we'll care for everyone with love.
As someone who doesn't believe in hierarchies, this would be especially disappointing for me. But I would eventually accept it, I think.
Also, I wonder what the other cities are that hover over our planet and what the conditions are to which city you go to after death.
Astral City: spiritual teachings about life after death - YouTube

I have no memory of the afterlife or the in between, but I have seen my own death. I experienced my death in Rome via a dream, which was quite an experience. The whole thing was in first person. I knew I was going to die. There really wasn't much of a question there. I'd been sent into the colosseum to die for other people's amusement.

I hit the sand and just laid there bleeding out. The crowd was roaring, but I didn't seem to consciously hear any of it, and I could vividly remember the feeling of the sun on my skin. It was like total awareness of everything around me, but from a distance, all while I was still struggling to breathe. Then it got really quiet and black, and my soul had basically yeeted itself somewhere else that present me can't recall.

I have no memory of the afterlife or the in between, but I have seen my own death. I experienced my death in Rome via a dream, which was quite an experience. The whole thing was in first person. I knew I was going to die. There really wasn't much of a question there. I'd been sent into the colosseum to die for other people's amusement.

I hit the sand and just laid there bleeding out. The crowd was roaring, but I didn't seem to consciously hear any of it, and I could vividly remember the feeling of the sun on my skin. It was like total awareness of everything around me, but from a distance, all while I was still struggling to breathe. Then it got really quiet and black, and my soul had basically yeeted itself somewhere else that present me can't recall.

The gladiator fights were more than 2000 years ago! That's a long time between reincarnations. Do you remember any other incarnations between that life and your present one? :)

Very impressive account, must be difficult or awkward at least, to live through such an experience.

Hey Oscar,
I've found a clip of Nosso Lar which is very interesting. Like the person in front of the Rectification Chambers said: this may not be the heaven that you dreamed of but we'll care for everyone with love.
As someone who doesn't believe in hierarchies, this would be especially disappointing for me. But I would eventually accept it, I think.
Also, I wonder what the other cities are that hover over our planet and what the conditions are to which city you go to after death.
Astral City: spiritual teachings about life after death - YouTube
Hi Lian
There are other movies too, also very interesting from the work of Chico Xavier.
He was the greatest Brazilian psychic, psychographed around 440 books I believe.

The gladiator fights were more than 2000 years ago! That's a long time between reincarnations. Do you remember any other incarnations between that life and your present one? :)

I'm not sure on the exact timeline, but I think there were at least two lives between me and him. One spent as an Indian trader on the Silk Road, which I think based on my clothing was probably around the 1400s or so, and another as a Native American in the 1700s.

Edit: 3 lives. Forgot about my life in England in the 1600s. I was not awake when I typed that lol

Last edited:
Back