"I had one of those when I was old"

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Cypress Cottage, May 28, 2005.

1. Cypress Cottage

Cypress Cottage New Member

About four years after the passing of my mother, my younger sister called to say she and her children would be coming for a visit,, I decided to get out my mothers cookie jar, dust it off, and fill it with cookies for the kids,, when they arrived, my sister seated herself at the kitchen table, and I proceeded to offer the kids cookies,, when it became my niece Marie's turn,, she looked at the cookie jar,, {she had never seen it before} and looked up at me and said, "I had one of those when I was old" suprized at her response,, I said,, "Sweetie, you have not been old yet" to that she replied,, "uh Huh!" she took her cookie and skipped away,, I was a bit un nerved,, I ask my sister about what she had said,, and she tells me that Marie is always saying strange things like that,,, starting to think that my Niece is my mother re-incarntated,, I take her to my home office and show her pictures of family,, starting with her Grandmother,, {my mom} and she just smiles her attention is then turned to my grandmothers picture,, {her great grandmother} and laughs,, and says,, "mama",, I was certain at that point that this child was my mother,, returned to me!,,, Marie is now 11 years old, and has no memories of any of what I have mentioned here,, but for me,, she is my beautiful, niece/mom

2. Artzab

Artzab AS2

Interesting story. Thanks for sharing. It is interesting how some kids will say "When I was old". It's nice that your mother has returned as your niece.

3. Chelle

Chelle Probationary

What a wonderful gift to have your mother returned to you as your niece. It must be quite satisfying. :)

4. VicStevens

VicStevens New Member

I've also heard "When I was old..."

When my (now 17-year old) twins were almost 3, for a period of about 6 months, they often told us stories of where they 'used to live'. They'd go on about how beautiful and peaceful it was, with green and purple meadows surrounded by white fences, horses in the fields, and about their "other parents". They were there together, and were happy in "the other place" (as they called it, "When we were in the other place..."), their "other parents" were 'nice', and they loved them, but for some unexplained reason, they 'had' to leave.

One day during the period they were repeating these "other place" stories, the twins and I were coming home from a pediatrician checkup visit. One of them (they're both male) was fast asleep in his car seat, the other was dozing on and off during the ride home. As we pulled into our driveway, the half-sleepy one announced that he used to have a big black car when he was old. I was surprised at this comment, and asked him when 'that was'. He said it was 'before' he 'came here'. I asked if it was when he and his brother were with their 'other parents' (by then a commonly used phrase). He said, no, before that. I asked him if he enjoyed driving his car. He volunteered that he didn't drive it, a man drove it for him, and that he sat in the back seat with a black hat and coat on. I said, why would someone drive you around? He said, "because I was a judge." As I pulled him out of the car, he smiled, made eye contact with me, and repeated, "I used to have a car when I was old."

At the time, I couldn't fathom how an almost 3-year old would know that a judge might have a limosine. I didn't remember seeing a limosine on the short trip back from the doctor, as my husband suggested might've happened. My son never volunteered anything like the 'car' story again.

5. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome to the forum VicStevens,

What a beautiful story. You expressed it eloquently. Thank you for sharing your sons experience. The simplicity of his words, the deep understanding he expressed of another time and another place. Fascinating. It's stories like yours that help others see - and understand, that it is happening to many children; If we only listen. :)

6. Chelle

Chelle Probationary

Hi, VicStevens. Welcome to the forum.

Than you for sharing your wonderful story. It's amazing what children remember, and so informative. Do your children remember any of that now, or did it fade away as they grew older?

7. VicStevens

VicStevens New Member

Twin's recollection

Thanks for the kind comments.

No, my twins stopped recalling their past lives by the time they were 3. I'd ask them once in a while, but it was gone for both of them. Now when I remind them, they laugh about it. It was a strong experience for me at the time (circa 1989-90), but it's gone now. Too bad for them, as I still recall some past life impressions I held as a child.

-Vic

8. Sandra

Sandra Banned

Vic, I'm curious:

This is the first time I've heard a story about twins remembering the same thing. Did you get the impression that they might be remembering exactly the same thing, as if they were the same persona at one time, or might have been separate people who had shared a past life, and now have come back together?

Cypress Cottage:

My brother came back as his great-niece. I was warned he would by an announcing dream when he died, and waited patiently until she was born (looking like the baby in the dream!) and until she was, finally, at the age where she was ready to talk about it! :D I had one brief afternoon of listening to her, an afternoon when she asked me to secretly "come play sister!" (not sisters) and talked about "when she was a boy..."

I have finally told my other sisters that he was reborn. One believes that I believe it and listened, still not sure what to think; the other believes...well, not everyone can. (I'm glad we're not Catholic however; I'd hate to see the crucifix come out whenever I appear!) ;)

Thank you for sharing your stories, both of you!

Sandra

9. elese

elese Senior Registered

Great story. It could very likely be that she is your mother. I would, if i were you, try to not let that affect your relationship tho (like don't treat her like she is your mother, but an 11 year old).
    One of my old best friends was my mother in a past life, and my current Mother a best friend... it's funny how things get switched around. I'm just looking forward to see who my kids will be!

10. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

"
    Sandra that is priceless!! I loved that. :D

You are Blessed (all of you) to have had your loved ones returned to you.

Regards,

Philip

11. VicStevens

VicStevens New Member

Sandra:

I got the impression that one twin was just going along with his brother's stories, although it was hard to tell. The one I thought was 'going along' would sometimes say something and look to his twin for confirmation. Parents of 'mulitples' can attest they each develop at their own pace. The twin with the 'car/judge' story spoke much earlier than his brother. The early speaker was quite articulate, while his twin made conversation with grunting and squealing noises for so long that we had his hearing tested. He's fine, and speaking by the time of the stories, but he never independently or voluntarily discussed their supposedly shared past life. He'd chime in when his more eloquent twin would start to tell us how things were different 'in the other place'. I have heard of the single/double entity theory, and I'm disinclined to believe it, but that's another discussion. BTW, my twins are fraternal.

-Vic