I just keep falling asleep!

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Misty8723, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

I thought that since I've had some limited success recently, I would try again and maybe get more details. The first tape I tried, I fell asleep while it was still on the relaxation part. Then I tried a Brian Weiss tape and got vague images of a native american village with about a dozen teepees. I was a woman (or girl) in an animal skin dress. Others, including children, were walking around doing things. Then suddenly a group of Native American men came charging in (on horses) from the trees. Everyone (myself included) were running, and the warriors were riding them down. They may have also been burning the teepees, that part is not clear. The last image I had was myself on the ground with a warrior over the top of me with his arm raised and holding what I guess would be a tomahawk. Found that interesting, but did I make it up? Who knows?

Anyway, I thought I would try again last night, back to the original tape. I got as far as going through the door and wasn't getting any impressions at all. The next thing I know, I'm waking up and the tape is nearly over. :rolleyes:

Any trick to listening to these things and not falling asleep? Any recommendations for tapes I should try? I'm interested in pursuing this, but I don't seem to have a lot of time when there's not chance of my being interrupted, and don't want to keep sleeping through them :laugh:

2. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

The only one that keeps me awake is "Exploring Other Lives With Hemisync". Dr. Weiss has a soothing voice, and sends me right off to Dreamland. I have never fallen asleep with the CD I mentioned, but you have to follow the instructions exactly. Don't put it on an MP3, do download the free "Pypeline" player, and use headphones. Every time I use it, I get either more clarity or another life. I haven't posted all of them yet. I think the Native American life you posted about was probably real. I am glad you "woke up" before the tomahawk came down. I always have to endure my own death in regressions, no matter how "removed" the speaker tells me to be. Last week, I died from an infected boil. I don't think I could endure a tomahawk!

3. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

This sounds very real. Not all of the tribes got along with each other and often raided other tribes. Surviving females (maybe boys, too?) sometimes were taken back to the opposing tribe.

4. Misty8723

BriarRose, I've bookmarked the site with Hemisync, and may try it this weekend if I can find some time where I'm not likely to be disturbed.

I'm also glad I didn't stick around for the conclusion to that tomahawk thing - I don't particularly want to experience any of my deaths, although I've heard it can be cathartic. I would think dying of an infected boil would be a pretty awful way to go!

5. Misty8723

Argonne1918 - The more I think about it, the more real it seems to me. I do know that some of the tribes warred with each other. I've been looking at pictures of teepees, and this comes closes to what I think I saw. There were definitely no patterns on them, and they were in what looked like a grassy area with tall trees around them - sort of like a clearing in a forest.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://artoftheoldwest.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Teepee_Village.6123142_std.JPG&imgrefurl=http://artoftheoldwest.com/bradley_simonson&h=635&w=800&sz=90&tbnid=50hAXW9gbXmkDM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=113&zoom=1&usg=__2AosziBIJlMXYX6fhlBX874GLSM=&docid=kKN6p2rCgswDCM&sa=X&ei=MfJNUsHVHtKFyQGfioHwBw&sqi=2&ved=0CDcQ9QEwAg

6. argonne1918

This is actually another clue. Only nomadic tribes used teepee's. Tribes that stayed in one location and farmed didn't use teepee's. I think the Navajo in Arizona were farmers. Tribes in the Great Plains used teepee's because they followed the herds of buffalo.

7. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I too have a tendency to fall asleep...advice I've gotten from guidance and while in the akashic records always suggested I "drink a glass of water, then sit up in a chair for meditation", and when I don't is when I nod off. Good luck.

8. Misty8723

That's interesting...I think the one I did that worked and I didn't fall asleep, I was sitting in a chair. The others I was still sitting up, but reclining. Also probably not a good idea to try it when you are already tired :laugh:

9. BriarRose

I've gotten some of my best results when I woke up really early, before the family, and meditated then. I was rested, and there's something about the time around dawn, and the quiet that comes with it, that opens the "channel".

10. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

For some reason when I think of Native Americans before the white man came, I think of a beautiful landscape perhaps Arizona where the weather was always warm and just peaceful serenity. Just a life where families were close and loving and where people all worked together towards a common good.

11. argonne1918

Was this one of your past lives? I don't think it would describe Native Americans in Montana or Maine.

12. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

On the plus side, it works great for when you are really tired and have trouble falling asleep :)

13. BriarRose

One thing that helps reach an altered state quickly, is to roll the closed eyes up, behind the lid. Pretend you are looking at the ceiling, but with your eyes closed. Close your eyes, look up, and envision riding an elevator down, from floor fifty to the ground floor. In time, it becomes easy, and you can start at floor ten. You get to the altered state quickly, without falling asleep, and retain enough control to guide your own meditation.

14. Misty8723

Part of my problem is that I guess I'm in an altered state and every so often something that's being said will register, and I know I've been thinking something but it disappears in a poof. I can only guess that whatever I was thinking wasn't PL related, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

15. BriarRose

That makes sense, Misty. Lately my dreams are like that. I feel that something important is being revealed, and the whole idea just vanishes out of my mind. It is indeed very frustrating.