If theres a spirit realm where does reincarnation come in?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by milkdrops, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

hi :D

Here I disagree, because the soul is connected to what makes you "human", while the Spirit is in a higher dimension. After death the soul is absorbed into the Spirit imo. If anything, the Spirit is closer to "true essence" to me.

I think it's all by choice.

Last time I checked it was 12.

I actually think in this case we are not "attracted" to earth. And gravity is obsolete. We come here by choice, to evolve and perfect ourselves. Not all Spirits even choose to incarnate here because it's a tough school so to speak.

I agree with the manifestation portion. :)
    I don't think it's the density, I think we as humans are partly responsible for our perception of time (our nervous systems, etc.).
    I've stated in another post that I think time here is not as real/concrete as we are conditioned to think it is. The reason for this is because space/time is malleable.

2. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Quintessence,

I am not talking gravity. I am talking about density.

Yes, we disagree. IMO the "Soul" is the core of who/what we are. It is the "Divine Particle". In each incarnation it is hampered by what is called a "Conscious Cap", but emerges in altered states, in sleep, in trances or under hypnosis. What is referred to as "Spirit" is the "Spiritual Body", which surrounds us even when we are incarnate. The "Spirit" or "Spiritual Body" has a far greater influence upon the physical body than vice versa. Certain ailments are first imprinted upon the Spiritual Body (due mostly to mental states) and later manifested in the physical body.

Certain terminologies are just that: terminologies to attempt to explain certain issues. We are entering a field over which we still know very little, and we are attempting to define terms to explain it as well as we can.

But I do not believe that we have a "Spiritual Aspect" of ourselves that is external to who/what we are as incarnate beings. My understanding is that we, as Soul/Spirits, are either incarnate or "out of body", but not both simultaneously.

So, do you think it is a choice or not?

In my view, only the Soul/Spirits that have reached a certain evolutionary degree are given some choice, but most are subjected to what is determined by the "Higher Sources".

As for the number of dimensions, well, who knows then maybe 12?

3. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Then allow me to elucidate.
    In another post of yours you mentioned the relation between gravity and spiritual bodies. Granted that this is not the same post, I thought you still held a similar idea.

Personally, I think what emerges in altered states of consciousness is the Higher Self, and at times you may be able to channel an entity. Not the soul.

If you allow it to yes. :)
    Imo ailments are never imprinted onto the spiritual body. They manifest in the body itself. This is often due to stress.
    However, the soul has "memory" of ailments. I believe if the left over energy is not assimilated then it has the potential to re-manifest itself in a future incarnation. Usually as what I call an age parallel.

You're right, it's just a matter of fully tapping into something that is already within you to begin with.

I did not contradict myself. It's all by choice. Some choose to be here to overcome negativity and "perfect" themselves as individual splinters of Consciouness. Others do not because they may find it too restricting or frustrating. Both are *choices*. :)

Again we have different views. It's a beautiful thing.
    If a spirit prefers to be in a higher dimension or act as a spirit guide, again, that is their choice. No one forces us to come here. I was once a spirit guide for one of my soulmates in Italy during the 1440s. I wouldn't mind doing that again after my next incarnation.

It's just a theory in the scientific community. As is quantum physics. Personally, I think there are millions (if not more) dimensions, that cannot be seen with the human eye.

4. Charles Stuart

Well, goodness, let's take all this one step at a time, and then please bare with me until tomorrow for it is already getting late here in Brazil.

Ok, first point: I used the term "gravity" initially for lack of a better word. I think "attraction" would be more appropriate.

Second point: Yes, what emerges IS the Higher Self, the Soul, temporarily hampered by what I call the "conscious cap" of each incarnation. At death, this "conscious cap" ceases to exist and we can then (though not immediately) remember our other lives and recover full consciousness of who we truly are.

Third point: yes, ok, the mind/consciousness does determine upon our spiritual body which, in my view, does exerce influence upon the physical body. IMO ailments are not just a manifestation of the physical body itself.

Fourth point: yes, precisely, it is within us, not external to us.

I disagree regarding choices. IMO we are ALL here to learn and progress, and not all of us have reached a necessary degree of "consciousness" in which we can "consciously" make such choices.

I am not too sure about the choice as you say, but yes, I also believe some of us work as Spiritual Guides, as long as we have the necessary degree of evolution. Other Soul/Spirits can act as obsessors and have a negative influence. The fact in itself that there are Spiritual Guides is to me an indication that not all choices are our own.

I'll tell you one thing: given a choice, I don't think I'd be here... :D

And finally, let me use the simplest analogy I can come up with: Think of a deceased person you knew. Are they still here in this realm? No, of course not. They are now in a new body form either incarnate again or in another realm. Not in both... :thumbsup:

5. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Well that puts an interesting spin on things.
    Like the sun I think the earth is a Consciousness with a very high vibration. It's alive to me, the plants, the water everything on the earth is "moving". I don't think it's bad to come here, although it may appear that way in some incarnations.
    In my opinion, it all comes down to what you are tapping into. If you identify with your ego, you're not likely to fully enjoy your time here. If you see the Earth for it's beauty you naturally tap into source energy. As spiritual bodies, what we are "attracted" to is the Consciousness of the Earth. When we incarnate it is up to us how we perceive this Consciousness.

I like this idea. :thumbsup:

It's also a sickness of the Mind.

Personally, I believe we are already very Conscious to begin with. We already know so much through observation.
    However, as Spirits, there is a difference between knowing and understanding through experience. Experience on the earth plane has the potential to lead to far greater evolution.
    Information is just information. It holds no real power.
    But when information is understood (via reincarnation) and utilized, only then can it truly empower the individual.
    It's difficult for some people to be compassionate if they don't get it. And I think part of incarnating is to "get it", not just know of it. In my opinion, before we incarnated we chose to understand and evolve through experience. I think it makes a difference in a spiritual journey.

I'm not sure what you mean by obsessors, but I agree about the negative influence.
    I had an experience with what you may call a negative entity once. It was a trickster "spirit". What my friend and I had to wind up doing was grounding it so it could be absorbed into the Consciousness of the Earth. I think then those soul/spirits, whatever you wish to call them, cannot come back and harm you because the vibration of the energy is transformed to a positive pole.
    I don't think it negates choice. They are there to help and guide you. It is their choice to do so. And it is your choice whether you want to accept or reject their guidance.

lol, I said the same thing not too long ago. But then I started to see what this whole reincarnation deal is really about. I'm psyched about this being my best life.

You're right, because their soul is not in their body anymore. It completely unified itself into the Spirit in a higher plane.
    However, as long as we are alive, our souls are in our physical bodies.

6. Charles Stuart

Hi Quintessence,

I am short of time right now, but will reply in detail on many points asap.

7. Charles Stuart

Hi,

Ok, let's go... :) ;)

That's very interesting, because in the spiritualist lines of African origin here in Brazil there is the belief that all elements have a ruling "divinity", in other words, ALL elements have a form of consciousness, and yes, that includes Gaya or Mother Earth or Mother Nature.

Yes, but we are not yet in "perfection", we are reaching towards it...

An "Obsessor" is a term for a negative entity. This clearly indicates that Soul/Spirits are at different evolutionary levels. As I said, we were not created already in perfection. I have also had VERY tough situations with negative entities...

Again I have to disagree. To become totally unified into the Spirit is a LOOOONG process. An evolutionary one, IMO.

I agree with all else you have stated... :thumbsup: : angel

8. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Yes and no and this is due to semantics. We are already "perfect" until we split, and this often leads to imbalance.
    We can attain more "perfection" through contrast and negativity and also interaction with other beings. One of the quickest ways is through our soulmates.
    We are all at different evolutionary levels whether we are positive or negative.

When I say the soul unifying with the spirit I mean, for example, my soul unifying with my Spirit after death. Are we discussing the same thing? :cool

9. Charles Stuart

Hi Quintessence,

No, because to me there is no separation. I understand "Soul" as who I AM. How can I, as a Soul, unify with anything else if not the "Source"? This was what I understood you meant when you referred to "Spirit"...

To me, "Spirit" is the "Spiritual Body". "Soul" is the "Higher Self". "Soul" is the essence of who/what we are. It is entirely here in ME. To me, I AM MY SOUL. With no divisions. IMO, each Soul/Spirit is unique, eternal and indivisible... Who I am now, is who/what my "Soul" is...

I can't envisage any "split" of the Soul. IMO each Soul is unique, eternal and indivisible. In my view, I am my soul...

I don't see a choice towards negativity as a "choice", as such, but as the soul being still in ignorance. I understand negativity or "evil" as a consequence of spiritual ignorance.

I understood you meant "Spirit" as the "Source". To me, "spirit" is the "spiritual body", within which is contained the "Soul"...

10. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Sweet.:thumbsup:
    In another post I was saying that the soul and Spirit are the same things operating differently.
    Even if my soul is in my physical body it is not separated from my Sprit.
    We can tell they are not separate because we often channel our Higher Selves and use our intuition.

Everything looks separate on this plane, but there are strands of energy that connect everything. I think of it like a web. Including dimensions and probabilities.
    I've observed that we are using different terminology. Oddly enough we might be discussing the same thing. Who knows. This is why words are so meaningless to me. ^_^
    To me the soul, the Higher Self, and the Spirit are ALL the SAME thing. But since energy is "split up" in order to interact with itself, we might say they are different since they work differently. I just have different definitions:

1. my Soul is in my body and is connected to my persona and my emotions(past, present, future). If my soul does not fully unify with my Spirit (which operates with more positive emotions because of the realm it is in) and balance itself out, I might have a split personality in another life. There is nothing wrong with this. The energy is simply in a cycle.
    When I say fully unify all I am saying is being discarnate. Incarnations have souls. Dead bodies do not have souls, because the soul is no longer in the third dimension.

2. my Higher Self is my energy of infinite love and wisdom. I tap into it by aligning myself with it's frequency. It is not separate from me. If it was, I wouldn't be able to "communicate" and interact with it.

3. My Spirit is in every single dimension. All my "soul" is, is my Spirit in the third dimension.

11. Charles Stuart

Well, let's not keep going round in circles, but this is a concept shared by others here that is tough for me. I certainly would not disconsider your, Tanguerra'a and Deborah's experiences concerning simultaneous lives and simultaneous time, but to my knowledge I view it differently:

As far as I know, each "Spirit" or "Spiritual Body" is basically oval in shape (like an upside down egg) but capable of taking on different forms according to what it desires. Often a similar form to its previous incarnation. Within the Spiritual Body is contained what we could denominate the "Soul", "Higher Self" or "God Particle". It is the Soul that attracts the more fluidic spiritual essences to give shape and form to this spiritual body. There are no divisions. Each Soul/Spirit is unique and indivisible, and it is this Soul/Spirit that "travels" to and in different dimensions and from incarnated lifetime to lifetime, one "place" at a "time". I am my Soul or Higher Self, as I said before.

As a Soul/Spirit, it is my belief that I was created pure, but in innocence and ignorance, and the purpose of each incarnation is to learn and progress, morally and spiritually. Were it otherwise and we would all be incarnating "just for the ride", so to speak.

But then, as I said before, who can really affirm anything on such matters with 100% certainty... : angel

12. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

I agree that it is unique, but it is divisible. *Some* twins are actually from the same spirit, and can unify again.
    Some twins will even have the same birthmarks and same exact past life memories as the same individual, because they were/are in fact that same individual , but split up in the current "lifetimes".
    This is not true of all twins, however.
    It is more accurate to say that you are in fact All-Knowing. You just forgot when you incarnated. Each time you incarnate you take in experiences that will show you what worked for you and what didn't in a certain lifetime. Either way, good or bad, whatever you want to call it, you are *progressing* and evolving. Adding more texture to the knowledge that is already present within you.
    Simply put, they affirm it by knowing what resonates with them. ^_^

13. Green26

Green26 Senior Registered

I find the concept of finding truth through what resonates with you to be problematic. Christians believe in what they believe because it resonates with them, Muslims believe what they believe because it also resonates with them, and so on. We can't all be right just because our beliefs resonate with us.

I find my own truths through what I can validate to my own interlect. As a result my own belief system tends to be quite limited as many ideas and theories from religions, new age thought etc simply cannot be interlectually validated.

It is serious research such as Ian Stevenson's work from which I draw my beliefs, other ideas and theories I will always take on board but as I will never know for sure whether there is any truth in them they cannot be a part of my belief system.

14. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

In my opinion all of the "truths" we speak of, are all part of this grand creation. The struggle for any one belief, truth, idea, denomination to become THE ultimate Truth is, in my opinion, a fallacy. I think that the greater we expand our tolerance and understanding of all thought, the deeper in wisdom we'll grow. Many here, myself included, come from places with deep roots in these old schools of thought (churches). To me they are still relevant in my broad perspective, brought about by my discovery and belief in reincarnation.

In simple words, all beliefs have a relevance and I'm not sure if we can begin to comprehend the magnitude of it all AND how they are ALL inter-related.

Tinkerman

15. Charles Stuart

That doesn's seem to be the way it works, From my own experience with spirituality I have seen that a Soul/Spirit has only slightly greater knowledge after disincarnating. We view this differently... I wouldn't say this view is "more accurate". My understanding is that we are learning. We are not "all knowing".

Again we disagree. I don't think so. Have never heard of twins with equal "memories".

Oh well, what ressonates with me is different... I agree with what Tinkerman and Green26 have said concerning this...

16. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Wow, you sort of took the words out of my mouth. This is not something a lot of people may be able to grasp, but there are different levels of truth, because it's *your* incarnation. It's *your* life. And your world around you is a reflection of your belief system. The world is your mirror so to speak.
    There are truths that are "out of alignment" and there are truths that are in alignment.
    All of these truths will lead to the same path...eventually. All roads eventually lead to the same thing with so many incarnations.
    If you ask yourself a question in state of meditation, I am fairly certain you can come up with an answer that will satisfy you. :) You know that much, just let it in.
    I actually think it might be on this forum. Or another pl forum. I can look for it after work.
    Back to truths, they will know because they know they are All-Knowing, if that makes sense. And everything flows through perfectly, and resonates.

17. Charles Stuart

Hi Quintessence,

I don't doubt that. I think our main point of divergence is concerning the fact that you believe that "we are already all knowing" whereas I believe that we are not, but in the process of... Certainly when our "Conscious mind", or "Conscious Cap" as I have called it is removed, whether in meditation, in dreams, under hypnosis or whatever, our "Superconscious Mind" or "Spiritual Mind" is no longer hampered, and our "Higher Self" can then emerge with all its wisdom.

I just disagree in that we are already "all knowing". Were this so and we would have no need for reincarnation, for we would be "gods", as you once said.

I can understand your and Tanguera's worry as to "fear". But this is not "fear". I likewise worry that some might think: "well then, if I am a "god" then I can do whatsoever I please", for this is not *true* either.

My view is that we were given the gift of free will, that we incarnate with the purpose of learning and progressing, and that we are ALL in this process together... :thumbsup: :) : angel

18. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

I agree with you Charles.

I don't think death suddenly makes us into all powerful, all-knowing, god-like beings. I don't think we are perfect in spirit form,(whatever 'perfect' might consist of) just different. I think it is a bit like taking the blinkers off and being able to see things from another perspective in heightened detail, free from some restrictions of matter and the body and linear thought. It is a different consciousness state, not necessarily 'better' or 'worse'.

I don't know exactly what I said about fear and in what context. I hope it was something sensible. :laugh:

I know what you mean Green26, but it can be a fine line between straying too far into the subjective and too far into the objective. Intellect is not everything, neither is intuition. Truth(s) often lie somewhere in between. As always, Tinkerman, beautifully put.

19. tommcfearsom

tommcfearsom Senior Registered

Nde

Hello Folks

I hope everyone is well. I think that there is some objective evidence, from NDE studies, that in our Spirit Form or in the Spirit World we do indeed have a type of enhanced Knowing that comes from merging from the Higher Self. I think it is the knowing that we experience between lives that comes from The Light and is what helps us organize our next incarnation.

Here is a quote from an article in Wikipedia on some of these features observed in NDE studies.

Greyson (1997) has also brought attention to the near-death experience as a focus of clinical attention, while Morse et.al (1985; 1986) have investigated Near-death experiences in a pediatric population. Ring has found that a typical set of values and belief changes often accompany the life of Near-Death experiencers. Among these after-effects are changes in personality and outlook on life such as a greater appreciation for life, higher self-esteem, greater compassion for others, a heightened sense of purpose and self-understanding, desire to learn, elevated spirituality, greater ecological sensitivity and planetary concern, a feeling of being more intuitive (sometimes psychic), increased physical sensitivity, diminished tolerance to light, alcohol and drugs, a feeling that the brain has been "altered" to encompass "more", and a feeling that one is now using the "whole brain" rather than just a small part (Mauro, 1992).*

Here is a link to the rest of the Wikipedia article along with a link to one of my favorite historical images of what has been interpreted as NDE or transition into the next life.

Here are the links;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-Death_Studies

http://www.crystalinks.com/ndetunnel.jpg

I hope this enjoyable and useful.

Yours Truly
    John R.

20. tanguerra

I agree that we certainly have a more 'birds eye view' of life in the spirit form, that we know more than we do from our earthly view point. We can shed some of our practical ways of thinking when we no longer have to negotiate life via a body in the world of matter. I just don't think we suddenly know 'everything' about 'everything' necessarily. In the stories I have read in Michael Newton's book "Life between lives" people certainly have a much clearer view of themselves, their deeds and their deeper meanings than they did before, even though they don't suddenly get catapaulted into an exalted state of being and omniscience. They seem to retain their 'selves' and a direct interest in their own personal adventures and tribulations, just somewhat more detached from the gorey details, agonies, ecstasies, pains and desires.

I think Quintessence is on the right track here, but perhaps it is just worded a little confusingly??:
    I would just modify the 'all-knowing' to mean knowing all about our previous lives and so on and having a somewhat 'higher' perspective on spiritual matters, one's path etc, rather than suddenly understanding all about the whole universe as such. What do you think Quintessence? Would you like to clarify?

I know not long after my father died he 'visited me' in astral form and was very excited because he suddenly understood all about various mathematical and physics problems which had eluded him in life (being quite interested in that sort of thing). He tried to give me a download of his new and exciting insights, but I got lost before I could take it all in and there was a lot of higher maths which made no sense to me. Nonetheless I was able to grasp some of it, particularly in regard to the nature of time (a subject which has always enthralled me given my rather odd relationship with the space-time continuum) along with his excitement about it all and the wonderful new world he had discovered. He particularly wanted to impart the message that I should not worry about him or feel too sad as he was very, ecstatically happy.

21. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Our experiences give us more depth. I'll put it that way.

22. Charles Stuart

Hi,

Nice replies... :thumbsup:

I was referring to the *fear* of some kind of "Divine Judgement" or "punishment" for our sins or something like that... :eek: :rolleyes:

I do certainly believe that we answer for what we have done in the Cycles of Karma, but I don't consider this knowledge as a form of *fear*.

23. tanguerra

Ahh yes. I understand better what you mean now Quintessence. You did not mean 'all-knowing' as in ALL, but certainly having a much better overall understanding than is possible in life.

Yes Charles, I see, the old 'Cosmic Santa' conundrum. Better be good 'or else!'. I don't know if you have seen the episode of Futurama where Santa goes postal?

:)

24. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Ah :D
    Well it could be "Divine Judgement" if you look at it this way. We are divine, and we punish ourselves. ^_^
    But I don't believe in hell, etc. A lot of "sins" are gateways to your Divinity. Imagine that.

25. tommcfearsom

tommcfearsom Senior Registered

That Pesky Cosmic Santa Claus

Hello Folks

The following is a quote from a Wikipedia article on NDE experiences. It suggests that the "Cosmic Santa Claus" maybe a perceptual reality, an artifact based on some folks subjective religious belief that they take into the NDE episode. The caps in the quote are mine for emphasis.

The NDE is an experience reported by people who have come close to dying in a medical or non-medical setting. The phenomenon is considered to be a fairly common occurrence in modern clinical settings (Lukoff, Lu & Turner, 1998) and according to a Gallup poll approximately eight million Americans claim to have had a near-death experience (Mauro, 1992). An NDE may include such factors as: an out-of-body-experience, visions of deceased relatives, visions of RELIGIOUS FIGURES or beings of light, transcendence of ego and spatiotemporal boundaries, the sense of moving up or through a narrow passageway ("Tunnel experience"), LIFE REVIEW, and other transcendental experiences (Lukoff, Lu & Turner, 1998; Greyson, 2003; Mauro, 1992). The phenomenology of a NDE usually includes physiological, psychological and transcendental factors that come together to form an overall pattern when numerous NDE reports are considered together. It is this pattern that is one of the main objects of interest for Near-Death studies. NDE-researchers have also found that the NDE is not a uniquely western experience. The core experience seems to be similar ACROSS CULTURES, but the details of the experience (figures, beings, scenery), and the INTERPRETATION of the experience, VARIES A LOT FROM CULTURE TO CULTURE (Mauro, 1992).

Yours Truly
    John R.

P.S. Hello Tanguerra. :)

26. Charles Stuart

Hi Tanguera,

No, I haven't seen it. However, yesterday I finally got round to watching "What the bleep do you know" and LOVED it. Even quantum physicians are now aware that we can affect and creat "reality", albeit up to a point, for the rest of "reality" seems to be derived from a FAR GREATER form of consciousness. I would call this "greater consciousness" God...

Hi Quintessence,

Yes, I agree that we bring the karmic process unto ourselves, almost as we have an internal mechanism that tells us we have to create the circumstances that will "balance out" this karma. However, from my own experience, it seems that external factors (I would call "higher consciousnesses that are not our own") play a part in this as well...

27. tanguerra

Tee hee Tom. Now that's scary! :laugh:

Yes Charles, it is wonderful to see the world of physics finally catching up with the world of metaphysics. We live in interesting times, that's for sure.

28. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

Exactly, Charles. XD

ahem...in my opinion :) ...God is not on a cloud making judgements on us. It is not punishing us. Imo, we are IT. Thus, all that karma we have we brought upon OURSELVES. We are our own judges.
    Think about it.

29. Charles Stuart

Hi Quintessence,

Yes, the concept of "God" as a being with a beard sitting on a cloud taking notes of our behavior has to definitely and permanently be chucked out the window. But to me, God is within us and all around us, but we (even all possible soul/spirits put together) are still not what He/She/It is.

We are light. We are in "The Light". But we are not "The Light" Itself...

And from my own experience, we are co-creators, yes, but with GREAT limitations (after all, we are still only using 2% of our "brain" capacity). I think what quantum physicists are still forgetting to put into the equation is this existence of an even greater consciousness that is far beyond our own.

Last night, for instance, I was thinking about what is said in the film "What the bleep do you know" and closed my eyes (the assumption is that when we are not focussing on things they become waves and cease to "exist" as such). I was thinking about all this with my eyes shut and wondering if "reality" was still around me when I suddenly noticed the sound of waves crashing on the shore (I live near the beach). "It's still there...", I thought to myself. "What Greater Consciousness holds this all together?"

Well, to me, it is GOD... :thumbsup: :) ;)

30. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Good post Charles! I challenge myself in the same ways and I too find there to be a Greater thread holding it all together. What an exhilarating thought!

Tman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.