I'm wondering about my son

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by PurpleSewerFrog, Jul 28, 2006.

1. PurpleSewerFrog

PurpleSewerFrog New Member

My son is 3 years old and recently we went to swim at a lake that we have been to before...when we walked up over the hill and saw the water....he started to get excited and started yelling...mommy mommy!! Remember when I was big and I came here all by myself and I drowned??? I was totally shocked!! Ever since then he has been talking about drowning in a lake "when he was big"...It is a little scary for all of us...as my uncle drowned in Lake Erie almost 4 years ago...My son is named after my uncle....Do you think it's possible that my son could be the reincarnation of my uncle? Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated....

2. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Welcome to the forum PurpleSewerFrog. From what you presented, I'd say that it might be possible that your son is the reincarnation of your uncle. Young children often have memories of past lives, and your son's comments seem similar to those reported by other parents. Here is a link to the first chapter of Carol Bowman's Children's Past Lives, which might offer you some insight into what might be happening to your son.

If he has any dreams, be supportive, and keep a dream journal for him. Write down as many details of any dream he has, or anything he says while awake that seem to be related. This not only will help you better understand what is going on, but should be useful to your son when he is older. Most children who have past life memories usually stop having them by the time they are 7. Good luck. Feel free to ask questions or seek advice any time you need help.

John

3. vicky

vicky Senior Member

My son started talking about a year ago and I found a couple of things helpful.

Like you said, you are just so shocked, you can't think of what to say. So, I developed a few questions to ask when I was in shock.

1. Then what happened?

2. Can you tell me about that?

3. (if he says do you remember ???) Ask him who else was there.

In this way, you can ask open ended questions without leading him and it buys you time to think on your feet.
    Additionally, I've found that kids are very confused about how they got to this lifetime. Just explaining reincarnation to my son helped immensely.

Also, are there any other behaviors or characteristics that suggest he is your brother?

Welcome to the forum.

Vicky

4. PurpleSewerFrog

This whole idea makes me so nervous but also excited in a way...because you see...we (my family) are almost certain that my uncle was murdered...purposely drowned...we have as yet been unable to get the real truth...The other thing that was odd...like I said...my son is named after my uncle...but the first time my OTHER uncle saw my son....the first words out of his mouth were...."little Jimbo" Jimbo was my uncle's nickname...Now of course he may have said this just because of the name connection...but my son was also the first child born in the family after the death of my uncle...in fact...I was about 4 months pregnant when he died...Also another thing I am not proud of...at that time no one knew I was pregnant and due to some issues I was struggling with at the moment... I was considering abortion...After my uncle's funeral...something changed inside me...my heart opened and my emotions all felt real again...and I decided to keep my baby...It was the best thing that I could have done...he is literally a genius...I have always said that it was like he born knowing everything he ever needed to know...but was just remembering bit by bit...I truly believe that my decision to have the baby saved my life..I was looking toward suicide as a solution to all my problems at that time...I really want to know the answers to all my questions...but at the same time I am afraid to know...Does that make sense?

5. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I think it makes a lot of sense PurpleSewerFrog. It's wonderful that you made the right decisions. Sometimes it can seem impossible to know for sure when you're depressed. The real shame is the everyone thinks that doesn't happen to other people. although it's so common. The unknown can often be scary, and there's no way of telling ho you'll react. Focus on what all you've overcome, and use that strength to face each new challenge one at a time. That might make is easier to manage.

John

6. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum Purple sewer frog.:) Can I ask how you choose that name? You might ask your other uncle what went through his mind when he called your son Little Jimbo. Could be a piece of the puzzel. It is also possible that when your uncle died he could "see" the pain you were in and was able to give you the reasurance that you needed at that moment.

Jack

7. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Purple sewerfrog,

In your first post you said that your son said, "Mommy mommy, do you remember when I was big and I came here all by myself?"

That statement indicates two possible things to me:

1. He remembers you from that time so he may be your uncle.

2. He may not have been murdered since he mentions coming to the lake by himself.

Was your uncle by himself when he died?

Vicky

8. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Of course I was just thinking that sometimes my son would use the words 'by myself' to indicate that no parent was with him but others, like his friends, could have been there.

Vicky

9. PurpleSewerFrog

Mu uncle was on a boat with a man that had been his friend since they were teenagers....Uncle Jimmy died at 41...We have heard many different stories about the "accident"....But there were many discrepancies in the man's story that he gave to the coast guard and later the police....He also waited almost three hours to notify the coast guard that my uncle had "fallen off the boat", also when the coast guard came to help...the man was naked on his boat...how weird is that...It took them three days to find my uncles body...it had finally washed up on a nearby island.. They also never found the life preserver that the man claimed that he threw to my uncle..Also witnesses have said that the two had argued in a bar earlier in the evening...about money...I guess the guy owed my uncle alot of money for different work that he had done for his business...Anyway....We also heard later on...that this guy told some person in Florida that he pushed my uncle off of the boat...Come to find out...this person he talked to lived in our town and knew the family...We have been waiting four years (this Week) to know the truth...We still don't...The man is under investigation...and the case is still open...It has just been so strange that my son keeps talking about drowning...I keep telling myself...It could mean a million different things...but it SEEMS so significant...I want to question him more...but it's difficult to talk about also...so I find it hard not to get emotional...I don't want that to affect him...we are very close and he hates to see me upset..well...really what child wants to see their mother cry...I am just hoping that in time I will find the right words to get him to talk about this and find out if what I suspect is the truth...I just keep thinking what a blessing it would be for our entire family to have Jimmy back in some manner...He was like the bond that held our family together...the universal caretaker...We have had a lot of tragic death in our family and many other issues...I am convinced that our family has a curse...Someone did something bad a looooooong time ago and we are all paying for it now...I guess that is enough rambling for now...thanks for listening!

10. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Well your uncles' friend's story definitely sounds suspicious. Maybe your son will say something more specific someday and you'll learn more about it what happened.

Keep us informed of any updates.

Vicky

11. Aaron

Aaron Senior Registered

Hi Purple, I'm sorry for your loss, and congrats your son!

I have one thing I noticed, your son said " Remember when I was big and I came here all by myself and I drowned? "

Perhaps he was a victim of drowning from swimming alone, and possible from a lake/water area that looked similar?

I just wanted you to see there's other possibilities to explore with your situation.......and hope the best for your family! it's hard to lose someone you love.

12. Crissy2

Crissy2 Senior Registered

Hi, after reading through this thread, I just wanted to add that as much simularities as this has to possibly being your deceased uncle, there are also many that lead to your son being someone else reincarnated. The great thing about that is that even if your son ends up not being your Uncle Jimmy, it's funny how our life cycles oddly connect in wierd ways. Maybe your son came to be with you to open up the possibility and reality of reincarnation, (if your son hadn't drowned in a past life, he may have mentioned memories that never made you bat an eye..like I did when my son was younger, I thought he was just rambling) maybe it was the right time in your life to introduce you to a more exciting world if you weren't researching it before hand.

Anyway, just a thought.

13. PurpleSewerFrog

There is one other thing that I remembered....When we first moved back up here...From South Carolina...I took my kids swimming at this same lake and My son was about a year old and he screamed the whole time I had him in that water...I was thinking...geez....its not cold...whats the problem..I remember that we had to leave because he was driving us all crazy...I never thought anything else of it till recently when all this drowning talk started... I had figured at that time that he was just afraid of all that water or it was just too cold for him....

14. Melsie

Melsie New Member

Journaling

:D Hi Purple,
    (That's such an unusual name.: angel )
    Just want to suggest to you to write down every detail that your son says and does, along with the date, time, etc. How I wish I would have done that with my own children, now grown. At the time I thought there was no way I would forget something so significant, but over time, I did. Now I regret not having those memories to hand down to them.

Even at times when you feel totally shocked by what your little one says, if you act nonchalant, they tend to be more open and talkative. Hope you continue to share with us what the little guy is up to.:D

Melsie

15. PurpleSewerFrog

Okay...so we went swimming again the other night...and Nick and I talked about the drowning issue again...He told me that his name was Nicholas (his current first name) and that a guy named James (part of his current middle name pushed him into the lake and he drowned....Ugh...I'm more confused than ever...Maybe he just has a really active imagination...It's just funny...because he is so serious about the whole thing..and if I ask him a question he doesn't even hesitate....he just throws the answer at me....I don't know...

16. Val

Val Member

Memory

Past life memories can be similar to current life memories. Sometimes they are not 100% accurate. And they can be confusing. When I was a child I had gotten a past life memory confused with my current life.

It sounds like Nick is probably your Uncle returned to you, maybe because his life was taken before he finished what he had set out to accomplish in that life.

17. PurpleSewerFrog

I am always afraid to read too much into what he tells me...because we have talked so much about Uncle Jimmy around him I keep wondering...you know if maybe he has just picked up on these things...I do know that we have not talked about him being "pushed" off the boat...only that he "fell"... But you know how kids always seem to hear the things that they aren't supposed to...My uncle is James Edward...and my son is Nicholas James Edward....and he knows that he is named after Uncle Jimmy....He knows that it is a special honor...whenever we say...Nicholas...he says...no...I'm Nicholas James Edward...Let me tell you about this child...He was saying complete sentences and asking direct questions before he was even a year old...so many times I would answer his questions....about...oh...anything...and he says...oh...I remember...I was always really smart in school...accelerated...high IQ...so I always thought...like mother like son right...but these days...I'm thinking...god he's going to be smarter that I ever was....By the way...everyone keeps asking...about my name...PurpleSewerFrog...It's just something I pulled out of a hat...no real meaning....well...I do like frogs...I have different frog collections all over the house...we also had some dwarf frogs in our aquarium but the goldfish ate them...twice! can you believe that?