Is anything that surfaces in a PLR "of interest?"

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Misty8723, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

I ask this because yesterday I was trying a PLR that was supposed to deal with healing. I was very relaxed, but getting nothing from it. Toward the end, after the bit where he said go to an incident that had meaning (I got nothing), and on to where you were supposed to embrace it if it was positive or dismiss it if it was negative, I had a brief flash of a cobblestone street and a little girl standing in front of what looked like a church. And I got the words "London orphanage."

I initially dismissed it as meaning nothing, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder why my mind would have come up with something like that.

One reason I'm wondering is that I've been trying an experiment off and on, where I will do my best to meditate and still my mind before going to sleep. Then, when I'm in the zone, I'll try to make up a past life. Even when I try focusing on what I think might have been a past life, I can't come up with anything at all. So.. I really don't have much of an imagination, I'm not usually able to visualize (I think in words, not pictures), and I can't even make up something mundane as a PL. However, when I get flashes of something in the guided PLRs, they are visual, but they don't last long enough for me to look around to see if I could pick out some details. They're usually not crystal clear, but kind of faded in the background kind of visual.

2. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

Hi misty, it is hard & not all you get is relevant. How i work it id if a memory doesn't fade & more likely gets stronger or creates other connected memories then it is relevant.

Sometimes it just takes a little time to let it settle in your mind & see whether more comes

3. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

It's worth knwoing that not everyone experiences PL memories or information as visual, some people remember more visually, some remember just sounds, others may only remember feelings and emotions. These are all perfectly valid ways to remember. The best thing to do is don’t have expectations of exactly how you will receive PL information. I only occasionally get visuals, and they’re usually quite faded and I have to concentrate to get the details. I also think a lot in words, rather than images. However, I found that once I stopped trying to get PL information in a specific way (ie, images) and instead just calm my mind to allow anything through from the subconscious, in whatever way suits it best, I have had more success. A lot of the more ‘specific’ information about my PLs has actually come to me during meditation as words spoken clearly in my mind, which later checked out to be correct and relevant (eg. the regiment I served with in one life, a festival I sent to with my father in another). So, it may be that you just haven't yet found the best way for you to uncover your PL memories, but it sounds to me like you are getting there, it just takes practice. Just be thankful for any information you may receive, and trust me, it sounds like you are receiving well in your own way!

4. Misty8723

I would like to get the information as visual, but words are fine too. Both ways come through with the PLRs. I guess the two points I was trying to make was that (1) If I do come up with something in a PLR that I have no reason to think was anything I would make up - should I take that as a potential PL; and (2) I have been unsuccessful in trying to actively make up a past life scenario (that was an experiment to see if I could tell the difference between what I do make up in my mind and what is PL related).

5. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Its best to take note of everything, it usually takes a couple of memories from a single life before anyone can tell if it is a real PL or not. From my experience, if you are being shown something, no matter how trivial or unexpected, it usually makes sense later (sometimes much later). Take your images of the child at the London orphanage; at the minute you’re afraid to put too much emphasis on this because you are afraid you’re making it up, is that right? But, it doesn’t feel like something your mind might just imagine because you've had diffculty imagining made-up past lives? In that case, for now take it at face value. Make note of it in your journal and put it to one side for now. Maybe during a later regression or meditation something else will come up that links to what you saw. If you just ‘made it up’, that’s fine, you’re working on your imagination muscles. But, most likely as you were doing a PLR at the time, you’ve just had a glimpse of a past life, you’ve been shown something important to you by the subconscious. Can you remember what the child looked like? Can you remember what the building looked like? Next time, try meditating on these, just think of what you saw, don’t worry about the details for now. Just remember, whatever you are shown or receive during PLR or meditation has meaning to you, even if some of it is ‘made up’ by your imagination, the general feelings and emotions are whats important, more than the specific details.

6. Misty8723

helz_bells, that's great advice.

I didn't get many details. The child was young, female, wearing a dress standing in front of what appeared to be a church. The church looked brownish in color and I guess gothic style. Small building, with a steeple in the back. At least I thought it was the back, although I could have been seeing the back of the church. I've been trying to find a church that looks like that, with no luck so far. No, the steeple was definitely in the back of the church.

In any case, I think I'm just going to take your advice and make note of whatever comes up and not fuss too much about it until I can see a pattern or something that gives me details to go on.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2013