• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Knowing things from a young age

Obie

Senior Registered
For some reason ever since I was young I've always known things about myself. I've always known that I was going to have glasses at a young age. I've always known that I wasn't going to have a bf all throughout high school or go to my prom and that my parents would never buy me a car. I knew certain things weren't meant for me. I've known these things about myself since like the age of 6. Maybe younger. Why is this? Nowadays I have no idea what the future holds for me. When I was younger I had my whole future planned out. Study hard, Go to college, get a job, live a good yuppie style life. I never gave much thought to marriage or kids. It happened. But now I have no idea where to go from here. Why is this?

You asking why u know things from young age?

Or why you don't know where to go from here?

Or maby both ? :D

I believe that the moment before we are born our whole life is shown to us like in a film tape, the important key moments in our life and stuff :) . I explain to myself even the "deja vu", cuz i known things for my life in future also. Spoke once to my father when i was younger age (who is non believer in any stuff) about dreams, visions and many others that happens to people from time to time and they do not notice...

He admited that before i was born he had a dream that showed to him how would i look when im going to be born.

About "not knowing where to go from here" it is possible time will tell for you the direction to go ;) . I personally don't believe that '' main goal '' is done and you can give up life now :D . But... you will tell us what u think :)

Maybe you never lived to be your current age before. That might leave you without references or expectations of future events; there's nothing to remember or refer to past a certain point in life. I'm not explaining this very well... :(

^ That might be it. I used to always feel bad for old people when I was young, and didn't look forward to getting old. I used to think people's lives were over by a certain age and there was nothing fun in life past age 30. but now that I'm in my early 30's I don't feel that way anymore. Perhaps my lives were cut short in the past and I didn't live too long. Never thought about that.

Obie said:
I used to think people's lives were over by a certain age and there was nothing fun in life past age 30. but now that I'm in my early 30's I don't feel that way anymore. Perhaps my lives were cut short in the past and I didn't live too long. Never thought about that.
People live longer now than they used to. I'm in my mid sixties and I think I'm older now than I have been in many, many lifetimes. You can roll two lifetimes into one now.

I searched for something that had the title I wanted and Knowing things from a young age fit.

As a teenager I knew that mountains were not created the way that I was being taught, but that could have been from something that I heard or read since the real understanding was common about twenty years later. But, three other things that I "know" were there in my mind when I was younger than five. 1) that the very large stones were transported with the use of sound (I googled that a few days ago and posted a link on another thread and here, but my memory was different, levitation rather than what was described in the link). 2) that the Biblical Paul was under the influence of an hallucinogen while traveling on the road (I have tried to confirm this practice but have been unsuccessful). My "knowing" of this is that it was common practice as it reduced thirst and made the hot travels easier to tolerate. 3) that Jesus was not born in December, but it is possible that I overheard this in a conversation somehow.

This just seemed like a good thread to bring forward; anybody have things to add?

I'm not sure, KenJ. I think I was empathic as a child. I think maybe, between the ages of 7-9, I used to feel/know what my sister and my mom were thinking/feeling. (Of course, most of the time that was easy, they were annoyed by me...LOL) No, but I had this feeling that I knew their thoughts and I could 'be them' or something like that...it could have been when children think others are extensions of themselves, can't think of the right term, but there were some times when I would get telepathic information, and I would be right. I once had an obe when I was about 5. We were staying at a beach house on vacation. I saw my parents with their friends, outside down the path a little from the beach house. When I woke up. I jumped up and ran outside to find them in the same spot that I saw them in my obe. Mine aren't so much about world events, though. As an adult I have recognized things in passing, and not known why I have known about it. My husband was watching something about a swedish torch on TV, and said "Here, watch this.", because he was intrigued by it. I watched and said, " I've seen this before, haven't you?" because I thought I recognized it from a documentary and thought we watched it together, or something. He answered he had never seen it before. I just thought 'oh well' guess I saw it somewhere...which could be the case, but it felt like a familiar thing, like I had seen it used in real life.

Back