Latest Self PLR

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Misty8723, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

I mentioned in another thread that every time I do one of these - and don't fall asleep - I get flashes of lives that don't appear to be in any way related. Last night was no exception, as I tried the Brian Weiss PLR again.

What I first noticed was that I was a young woman with long, light brown hair, curled under at the ends. I was wearing a long dress, which - since I had been focusing on getting some clues to a Civil War life - I tried to get to change into an antebellum style. However, it stayed the way it was. Searching Google today, the closest to what it looked like I could come up with was Pioneer Style.

I was in a town, but the buildings were vague. It looked like boxy style buildings, not very tall. As I walked along, I came up to a man dressed like - I had the impression of what I would think of as a river boat gambler, for whatever reason I thought that. It was a dark colored suit, definitely old fashioned in style - but I can't describe it. I did Google, but couldn't find anything similar. I took his arm and we walked along, laughing.

Jumping to the next significant event, I was lying in a four poster bed, hair soaked, mouth open like I was screaming. I realized I was giving birth, and apparently it was a difficult birth. There was a doctor on one side of the bed and what I guess to be a nurse on the other side. That was all I got from that flash.

Moving ahead to the last day of my life, I was hit by a bullet and fell. There were other people around, but I didn't get a sense of what was going on. As I rose above my body, I saw we were in a field or prairie. There were other bodies, also obviously shot.

Going up to meet my guide, it was like we were two balls of sparkling lights. I never get much about the reason for the life or what I was supposed to learn from it. The only thing that came to me was the words "nothing is permanent." That doesn't seem like much of a life lesson, but who knows I guess.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Well, now that we have solved who you were in the Civil War lifetime you give us a new puzzle to work on. This is fun! I hope you are writing this all down or keeping records. Did it feel like pre-Civil War? Post Civil War? Maybe an Indian attack? They had ways of getting rifles. Life spans in the old days were a lot shorter. You could have more than one life in a century. 50% of all babies died before age 5. Adults lived until about 40 or 50, IF they were lucky!

3. Misty8723

Hi argonne1918. Yes, I've been writing everything down. And posting here as well to get insight from the forum and sometimes I recall some detail I missed originally or didn't think was important.

I don't know exactly what time period it felt like, maybe something western, an old west town. I have no idea what was going on with the gunfire, except that it sort of felt more like a sniper kind of attack. At least I never did see anyone with guns or rifles shooting at us, but there were several bodies down in the field, and more people running. It was an open field / prarie, with no place to find shelter. I got the sense that I was still pretty young when I was killed.

I like getting these flashes, but I just wish they weren't so vague, and I would also like to find out more about some of these lives. The fact that I actually tried to change the style of clothing I was wearing in the PLR to fit what I was trying to find out, and couldn't do it, gives me more confidence that it's not something I'm just making up.

4. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

My thought was that the scene you were describing was during the Western expansion. Being killed in an open field sounds like a group of pioneers caught on the prairie. We need to try researching records of massacres of wagon trains heading West. It could be something else, of course.

5. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I wonder if this was an overlapping or parallel life? Seems like it would have been during WC's lifetime. Or it could have been later like early 1900's in a different country. Maybe WWI? WWII?

6. BriarRose

I think Misty may be experiencing "key moment flow" regressions. Brian Weiss explained them in "Through Time Into Healing".

7. Misty8723

BriarRose, I'm going to look for that Brian Weiss book when I get a chance. It's not one that's in my library, and it sounds interesting.

One other thing about this PLR that popped up and has been running around in my head, the term "fancy man" relating to the man I was walking with. I googled the term found on a list of occupations from Rootsweb that it was a pimp. Don't know if that means anything or not.

8. BriarRose

It was a pimp, but also probably applied to a gambler, or any man of a certain type who wasn't quite respectable, and dressed well!

9. Misty8723

Which I guess could explain why I felt as if his style of dress reminded me of a gambler.