Learning that I'm an "Old Soul"

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by TreasureDragon, Jan 18, 2016.

1. TreasureDragon

TreasureDragon New Member

Hello everyone,

This will be my first discussion here and I'm glad to have found this place!

I'll start off by mentioning that I have always believed in past lives and such despite being born Christian and incessantly being told we all only have one life and that's it. My parents told me that even from the moment I was born, I was extremely silent. It's as if I knew crying was a waste of time and I found it to be unnecessary. The nurses had to forcibly wake me up to make sure I wasn't sick or dying. As a young child, my parents would say I would grab the textbook rather than toy figures or other toys that would normally be popular to other kids my age. I mastered multiplication up to 19x at the age of 6 and so forth. It just naturally came to me that these are what I liked to do and not some dumb old toy.

Growing up, I would definitely love to speak with adults rather than my peers as they interested me more. They would often mention that they felt like they were speaking to a fellow adult and not someone's little child.

I am currently 15 years old and still, it's the same thing over again. I feel as if my peers are MOSTLY spiritually and mentally undeveloped and naive. I feel as if I am the one who is mature within my school as even college students seem very young to me. Many are constantly worrying about being popular, cool, being in a relationship, etc... but the truth is, I could care less because there are so much more important things to be thinking about.

Another dead giveaway of me being an "Old Soul" is that I am extremely open-minded and will hear you out no matter how much other people will disregard you as "mental, deranged, insane," or the likes because truth be told, I am with them and am constantly seeking THE truth for well, everything and anything. Otherworldly elements, time traveling, parallel universes always had a place in my heart ever since I was young and they still are.

I often gaze upon modern items and technology and the first thing that comes to my mind wouldn't be "wow, I NEED that so much" or "I wonder how much it costs." Usually, I reflect upon the past and wonder what it would feel like to be able to bring these items and share them and introduce them to these items. I feel like I want to show my "friends" (people of the past) these new innovations.

When I read a novel or view a movie, everytime I meet the character who's lived a long time or their backstory includes "long before the main characters were even born," I feel a great empathy towards them for whatever reason.

I don't know the specific time eras or people who I used to be but I am for sure without a doubt hands down an "Old Soul." I have certain visions of me being completely alone in the universe and feeling the indescribable, soul-scorching pain of knowing what it's like to witness and experience so much. I felt... Alone...

Then I proceed to think about life as a whole and I realize that everyday and every life event is always the same and feel very dull and apathetic towards life in general. When I say this to my parents or friends, they would shake their heads at me and tell me that this isn't possible at your age and you may have problems mentally. But I know for a fact that there is a reason for all of this and I can accept this easily.

I also took a test on the different stages of your soul and scored an 80% on Old Soul. I apologize for a long read but this was contained within myself for a long time and had to burst out these thoughts. Thank you very much for reading! :) And if there are any information where I can hunt down my past lives, that would be much appreciated too!

2. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi Treasure Dragon.

Welcome to the forum.

Have a look around in the FAQ section. There is lots of useful information in there about how to retrieve past life memories.

3. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

Hi welcome to the forum Treasure Dragon!

4. TreasureDragon

TreasureDragon New Member

Thank you both for the warm welcome! :)

5. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Treasure Dragon,

I always end up shortening everyone's handle on this board (and I'm grateful that someone started referring to me as S&S at some point--an abbreviation I quickly adopted as SeaAndSky takes too long to type). So, please let me know if you have a preference between Treasure, Dragon or just TD for short.

Anyhow, welcome! :thumbsup:

I'll be interested in whether you find yourself remembering some PLs at some point--which may be (but is not necessarily) a sign of being an "old soul". There is no definite check list out there, and "old souls" can seem to differ in many respects from each other in regard to the traits you mention. Likewise, many "young souls" may share with you some of the traits you mention. Still, the number and types of characteristics you list point in that direction, though some of them may just be indicative of a high IQ--which of course may also go along with being an old soul! Overall, I tend to think that an overall combination (and high level of) humanitarian and spiritual concerns and interests is the most salient characteristic, though this level of development also seems to often be associated with numerous other traits of the type you mention.

Anyhow, my favorite books in terms of the reincarnation process overall, including its end results and what they ("Old Souls") are like are those by Michael Newton. I'd suggest them as a good place to start in terms of an overview, though everyone has their favorites.

Cordially,

S&S

PS--"Old Soul" is probably a misnomer in some respects in that some souls seem to go farther in fewer incarnations than others. So, it is always possible to have a more spiritually mature and developed soul with fewer times around than another who has been around the block many times more. Nonetheless, I've always liked the sound of "Old Soul" myself. It seems to express something more than temporal in this case.

6. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

I think that I am both an old soul and an immature soul. I can relate to what you write; I never really fit in with people at my own age (I'm 20 btw) and I'm not materialistic. It's always easier for me to talk with people who are WAY older than me. It's more meaningful for me. I never think about style when it comes to clothing I just wear what I like. And I think that makeup etc. is a waste of time. I don't get why most girls wear it today and why it is so important to them (no hate!). And I have a strong intuition. But I can be immature at times, and my parents never tell me that I act like an old sold, they say that I'm exactly the opposite... LOL

7. larali

larali Member

I don't know if I am an old soul or not. No idea. I do know that I feel most people are idiots, so maybe I'm an older soul, :eek:

I don't know which quiz you took that told you that you're an "old soul". I usually don't put much stock in quizzes like that.

Welcome to the forum