• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Life in the Wilderness?

Misty8723

Senior Registered
I tried another PLR, and got some very strange impressions, so I wanted to post while it was still fresh.

The purpose of the session was supposed to be to go back to a life that was important to this one. Most of the images I "saw" were as usual very vague and shadowy, so most of what I got from it was just thoughts that popped into my head. I'm not even going to try to make a narrative of it, just the thoughts as they came up:

I was male, in a cabin in the wilderness, in front of a fireplace.
Age 25, 27?
November
Year, 17(something) (55, 75?)
The name "Daniel Boone"
Saw myself as tall, slender man.
No family, but maybe a brother
Outside the cabin shooting at an animal or a person. First it seemed an animal, then it seemed a person
Activity in the forest, people shooting, myself popping out from behind a tree to shoot
Theme song from Daniel Boone TV show
Sitting beside a campfire with mountains not too far off in the distance, pondering being alone, kind of sad about it.
Wyoming popped up somewhere along the line.
Lesson learned: "Thou Shalt Not Kill. ALL Life is valuable."
I got very emotional with the lesson learned stuff and had tears in my eyes when I "woke up."
That was pretty much it that I can remember.

I want to stress that I do NOT believe that I was Daniel Boone, but maybe that was a reference to the general time period or some such thing?

In any case, at least I didn't fall asleep in the middle of this one :laugh:

If you weren't Daniel, you could easily be another frontiersman who knew him, or a person with a similar life.

I think Fess Parker was stereotyped after playing Davy Crockett for Disney in 1955. "Davy Crockett" may have been the first "Baby boomer" fad. When the Daniel Boone show came out about 10 years later Parker was everyone's first choice.

BriarRose said:
If you weren't Daniel, you could easily be another frontiersman who knew him, or a person with a similar life.
I was thinking maybe symbolism to describe the time period or type of life style. Or maybe just making it up. No feeling that I actually was Daniel Boone, and if Wyoming was involved, definitely not. Even the dates I'm not sure of, something will pop up, but I don't always remember it when it's over. If any of the flashes I get in these sessions are real, seems I've spent a few lives in rural areas or wilderness areas.

I envy people who get clear pictures of scenes. With me it's just thoughts that pop up or very vague images. No idea if any of it means anything or I'm just making it all up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Misty8723 said:
I envy people who get clear pictures of scenes. With me it's just thoughts that pop up or very vague images. No idea if any of it means anything or I'm just making it all up.
I can relate to you Misty. It is the same for me with vague grey images and thoughts. Sometimes asking myself questions gives me more information and really tuning into my emotions. I have found that the true PL memories/images are those that re-emerge over the ensuing years. Trust your intuition and the emotional charge regarding these images or thoughts, regardless of how vague they are.

All the best with your endeavours.

Thanks for the reply, Bees. I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't see clear images of things. It's very frustrating when you see nothing or just flashes of people / things.

I actually had another flash to what I think must have been this life. I was wearing brown boots and fur and walking a horse through the snow. I was a trapper in Wyoming, and the most important decision I made was going into the mountains. I didn't see anyone else around. I got the name Boone. Might have been Cranston Boone, or Cranston (Cranstown?) might have been the name of the town. I did google that, and don't come up with any town by that name in Wyoming. I was "middle aged" at the time I was seeing.

Interesting. I wonder if Daniel Boone had descendents who became trappers? It wouldn't be too surprising.

Interesting thought, that hadn't occurred to me, because I didn't think Daniel Boone went any further than Missouri. So, I've been searching "Daniel Boone descendants" and just came up with a book on Google Books called Fort Bridger, Wyoming: Trading Post for Indians, Mountain Men and Westward.

The relevant passage is: "So, Westering once more, Boone took his family to Missouri in 1799. In his old age and on his own he continued to explore even further west, possibly reaching the Yellowstone River in northwestern Wyoming in 1861. Daniel Boone died back in Missouri in 1820 at the age of 85 but his pioneering spirit and his descendants lived on in the new frontier of the trans-Mississippi West. His grandson, Albert Gallatin Boone, became a mountain man in the Rockies and was praised by the famous trapper, guide and Indian fighter Kit Carson as “a man who isn’t afraid of anything.”

Since I have to admit to being somewhat geographically challenged, I have always thought of the Rockies as being in Colorado. However, I looked that up, and apparently they are also in Wyoming.

I'm thoroughly appalled that I might have been a trapper in one of my lives. In this life, I'm acutely sensitive to animal suffering (to an extreme degree. I can't even kill a bug that most people would squash and forget about (I catch them in a cup and take them out).

Misty8723 said:
Since I have to admit to being somewhat geographically challenged, I have always thought of the Rockies as being in Colorado. However, I looked that up, and apparently they are also in Wyoming.
I'm thoroughly appalled that I might have been a trapper in one of my lives. In this life, I'm acutely sensitive to animal suffering (to an extreme degree. I can't even kill a bug that most people would squash and forget about (I catch them in a cup and take them out).
The Rocky Mountains extend up into Canada, mainly Alberta and British Columbia. Trapping was necessary for warm winter coats, etc. But they could have been more humane about it.

argonne1918 said:
The Rocky Mountains extend up into Canada, mainly Alberta and British Columbia. Trapping was necessary for warm winter coats, etc. But they could have been more humane about it.
There are always alternatives.

Wouldn't that be something, if you were Albert Galatin Boone, Misty?I think you could be "on" to something. Since our souls seek balance, a trapper who became a strong defender of animals makes sense. My initial reaction to some of my PLs was revulsion, so you wouldn't be alone.

BriarRose, I found it interesting that Daniel Boone had descendants who were in Wyoming, and that Daniel himself had possibly been to Wyoming. I always thought he didn't get further west than Missouri.

I was thinking that probably after that life, my review was a really bad one forcing me to live through the pain and suffering of each of the animals I had trapped. I really do react very emotionally to seeing / hearing about bad things happening to animals. And the older I get, the worse it gets.

It is hard to think about bad things happening to animals, but we have to remember that we live in a different time, and are more aware that animals deserve protection, and respect. Our ancestors couldn't afford to sentimentalize them. Don't be hard on yourself - your kindness in your treatment of animals now washes away any guilt. As you adjust to the idea, are you thinking that you were Albert Boone?

BriarRose said:
It is hard to think about bad things happening to animals, but we have to remember that we live in a different time, and are more aware that animals deserve protection, and respect. Our ancestors couldn't afford to sentimentalize them. Don't be hard on yourself - your kindness in your treatment of animals now washes away any guilt. As you adjust to the idea, are you thinking that you were Albert Boone?
I know, but I can't help how I react emotionally. It is debilitating how I react.

No, I'm not actually thinking anything right now of who I might have been, just that it was an interesting fact. I would definitely need more information to come up with any kind of conclusions.

I understand. The thought of something being hurt gives me physical pain, and you are right - we can't help how we feel. I have explained this to my husband many times. :laugh: Please share if you get any more information.

Misty, Hi There! Now what a very interesting PLR! And would love to hear more when more of this life comes to you. Now I myself haven't posted here in a long while but I myself was a trapper and native american in previous lives with as a trapper in the western fur trade. At present live here in Wyoming. Now that makes quite a bit of sense if you were a trapper in a former life that now in this life you can't hurt an animal. Now have to ask you a question on, How do you feel on old Indian Native American cultures in this life? Because of the fur trappers were kinda close to the Indians in that day and time.

Now for some historical reference. I see that you first mentioned the years of possible the 1700's in the recollection. The Fur Trade or the time of the Mountain Men in the west wasn't until the early 1800's with principally in the 1820's and the 1830's. It started after Lewis and Clark at the beginning of the 1800's and then lasted to around 1840 when the last rendezvous was held. The rendezvous was the anuual gathering of the mountain men in the west where the would trade their furs for supplies that would last them thru the next year. It was held in various spots in the Rocky Mountain region. Also what today is Wyoming was front and center in the Western Fur Trade. And many of the rendezvous's was held on the Green River in what is today southwest or west central Wyoming. Also nearby Utah and eastern Idaho with up into Montana was very prominent locations for the Western Fur Trade.

In a paper entitled 'Names of People in the West during the Fur Trade', several Boone's are listed which are below. Also to note No person by the last name of Cranston was named in the list. And it is located at a site dedicated to the Mountain Men and the Fur Trade at: http://user.xmission.com/~drudy/amm.html The list of names can be found under Miscellaneous Items of Interest on the site.

Albert Galatin Boone - many references - this Boone is also listed as being an Indian Agent later on

A Daniel Boone - just one reference as Colonel (possibly the old famous Daniel Boone in Missouri)

Nathan Boone - three references

Now also since you at first mentioned the 1700's, this was before there was the Western Fur Trade. There was also the eastern Fur Trade in the 1700's. They were often referred to as the Eastern Long Hunter and/or such but in the middle and the later 1700's they would go up into the Appalachian Mountains there in the east and trap and such. Kentucky and Tennesse were first settled by lots of these folks. Daniel Boone of course figured prominently among these Eastern Long Hunters. Also the state of Wyoming in the west was named after the Wyoming Valley of Pennsylvania.

Hope this helps.

Hi kmatjhwy! Thank you for your very interesting and informative post.

To answer your question about how I feel about Indian / Native American culture, I've always been fascinated by it, I think mostly by the plains Indians. Some of their philosophies and beliefs really resonate with me. I have always enjoyed reading, both fiction and non fiction, and I love the music, chants, etc.

I think another of my PLs was as a Plains Indian woman. So it could be either from that, or for the life as a trapper.

As for the 1700 - I wouldn't put much stock in that, because it seems to me that 1700 comes up a lot when I'm doing a guided PLR. And sometimes a lot of numbers come up. Sometimes I think I'm just trying to hard to come up with a number when they ask.

I've done some researching of Albert Gallatin Boone, and he seems to have been more of a businessman, married twice, lots of kids, etc. The impression I got from this PL was of a loner who spent his time in the mountains and didn't have a family or many people around. The glimpses have been so brief, I just don't know. When they ask any family, etc., nothing has come up.

Also, as for Cranston, I have no idea about that one either. It was something that came up more for what is the name of the place, and it could have been Cranstown, Cransford, and I morphed it into Cranston.

Have you posted more about your lives as trapper and Native American? I'd be interested in reading about them. Meanwhile, I'm off to check out you're link. I have usually been trying to do a PLR session on the weekend, so hopefully more will come up one of these days. They don't always work.

Misty, you kinda sound like me for I myself love animals and that old Native American life really resonates with me also bigtime. Maybe we knew each other - who knows? Now it seems many of the trappers lived lonely lives. As for my ownself, this what came to me also of that life as a trapper of being a loner how much of the time. Hope something really comes to you in these PLR sessions.

Yes I have posted before but it is buried from a year or two or so ago in various posts on various lives and experiences. The reason that I have not been around is that I usually vanish back into the woods and the wilds for long periods of time, like all summer, for the reason I have not been around. Under my posts under my profile you can probably find them. But like you was seemingly a Trapper and a Native American before. Now under my former posts, one was a Mountain Shoshone Experience when in the mountains saw myself as a Sheepeater - Mountain Shoshone woman. Also had a thread on a regression I had in which I saw several of my former lives - a trapper and cheyenne. And one on the Rocky Mountain Fur Trade and my Cheyenne lives and more. I would get the urls for you but don't have time for have to get home shortly.

But the main thing with me and any recession or experience is how it resonates it seems with your own inner self in my opinion. Hope this helps and Wishing You the Best!

Misty8723 said:
Have you posted more about your lives as trapper and Native American? I'd be interested in reading about them.
Click on her user name above her picture. Then on the pop-up menu go down and click on "find more posts by xxxx". You will get a listing of all of her previous posts.

argonne1918 said:
Click on her user name above her picture. Then on the pop-up menu go down and click on "find more posts by xxxx". You will get a listing of all of her previous posts.
Thanks!

Back