• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Little memory, and my name!

I know that the way I tried to cope with the past is quite unorthodox. But I had to be creative and I had to find an outlet. I've also learned from other experiences that it's better to express myself, because trying to understand isn't always enough, especially if there's a lot of energy. And strong energies need physical expression. But I also did less provocative things like writing and drawing.

I didn't find my memories upsetting. They were familiar, because they were a copy of present life problems. What I found most disturbing was that I couldn't see the difference anymore between now and then. I also didn't know where the past ended and where my current life started.

My past life self had a story to tell and things to show me. First I thought it was all about him, but the more I got into his story, the more I understood why he felt this way,the more I began to understand myself and my own problems. By taking his story seriously it was easier for me to take myself seriously.

Reliving the past and visiting past life locations was an intense but positive experience. It helped me to understand my past life better from a deeper level.

Curious Girl.

wow curious girl! I enjoyed reading your post, and I have been going through the exact same thing. I still have years to go before i completly understand all of the connections between my lives. But it seems I am understanding them as i reach the age i was before, It does seem i am replaying those times in my life again, and have the option to continue or go the other path.

Sadly i must admit lately I have been drawn down the wrong path again. It's hard, I mean I know its wrong, and i know i have made these mistakes before, but i continue. Why is it so hard to break the cycle?

I also wonder about that...

I think that these are the lessons we have to learn.

We run into the same kind of problems all over again until we finally get it.

But we could make it ourselves easier by finding a good therapist/regressionist.

That's why I decided to see someone once or twice a year.

Just to get some support and the positive feedback I need.

I only had one session so far, and it helped me to focus more on my current life,

and to see past life patterns more clearly.

My past lives are still there, but more in the background, they don't rule my current life anymore.

I think you shouldn't feel guilty about falling back into past life habits.

Better look at the whys and the emotions instead of judging yourself.

There is most of all -hidden or not- a strong emotion behind the things we do that are not good for us.

The trick is to get to the core of that emotion.

I'm using The Journey by Brandon Bays: www.thejourney.com

to finish unsolved business.

This also works for past life issues.

But it involves quite some dedication and hard working.

With a counselor or therapist it might be easier, if you can afford that.

Were you also attracted to 'the wrong path' before you started regressing yourself?

If not, it could be that you regressed yourself too many times,

which brought too many past life issues to the surface.

And now you realize you have to deal with those issues.

But you don't need to deal with those issues at once, you can take your time for it.

Exploring past lives can be very interesting.

Especially when the memories are so detailed and you'll find out more and more.

But on the other hand, you'll also meet the shadow sides of your past and current personality.

And that can be very challenging.

That's why I wonder how safe it actually is to do self regressions.

A few glimpses won't harm much, but if you find yourself under a cascade of past life emotions

you'll probably feel different about that.

I hope you'll find your way out of the past life turmoil :)

Curious Girl.

No I dont think i was attracted to the wrong path before regressing, but again that was over 2 years ago. I am at the same time in my life when the problems in my past life began. Although just the beginning, most of my more dramatic problems intensified into my late 20's and 30's...which makes me wonder what my life will be like again. I dont want to fall into that trap again, and thats why i feel it was important to find out about my past life mistakes, so i wouldnt make them in this life. But its still difficult.

I don't think i would be allowed to go into detail about my "mistakes" in the past few months, so i wont get into that. But I just don't know anymore.

Hippy, what have you been up to! I hope you won't do anything to damage your health. Get professional help if neccessary, but take care of yourself first and worry about everything else later. You are important and you are a miracle and you need to show yourself love and care.

Curious Girl is absolutely correct when she says it is more important to investigate the root causes of these issues than to judge yourself. She has given you some excellent advice too.

Of course it's difficult! Life is difficult. That's the whole point. But, is it any more difficult then many other things you have probably been through to reach the level of 'enlightenment'and privilidge that you presently enjoy? Or, look at it another way, would you rather be in Daifur today? Focus and perspective can work wonders when we feel we are not coping and not doing a good job.

We all suffer Hippy. Nobody escapes. You can make it worse or better by your actions. You are forewarned of the danger. Don't be afraid. Act wisely and act in your own best interests. Take care and take it easy. I am sure you will sail through this difficult patch if you keep your wits about you.

But the thing is i don't feel im suffering, I understand my mistakes and whatnot but its almost as if it feels right.

Its hard to explain. Like I am just living my life, then when i step back and examin it I can see the similarities.

As of now i am not doing anything that is endangering myself or health to a large extent. But I feel if i continue current trends i could easily slip back into my past life mistakes.

such as, i broke my vow of never drinking alchohol in this life. It caused so much pain in my past lives, and in my own family now.

But I can fight this, i know i can. I just wanted to share what has been going on these past few months.

But see its a good thing that I know about my pl mistakes, because if i didnt i would probably not give my actions a second thought, and quickly slip back into the same trends. The same way i did in my most previous life. This time is the time i will beat the cycle, and finnally move on.

That's good news. I am sure you will weather this. Steady as she goes.

I know myself I have gone through periods of depression, suicidal even, for instance around the same age I ended it all last time or around about when something dreadful happened another time. I become ridiculously worried and anxious if my 'soul mate' (I'm just going to start calling him X) so much as gets a sniffle.

Old habits die hard and older habits die even harder. The first thing is to know that something is a bad habit and you are way out in front in your understanding of this issue. Don't be too tough on yourself, just be well.

Talking about it is a good thing. Be strong and brave. All will be well.

thank you tang, you always have the right thing to say.

By the way i love your new avatar pic! very classy looking.

I understand exactly how you feel.

I've seen the same happening in my own life.

The (negative) past life patterns matched almost exactly my current life pattern.

At the time I was thinking: me and my past are exactly the same, why bother?

But now I look back at that time I can see that both past and present life pain came to the surface,

and by writing that pain down, by re-living that pain, I freed myself from that pain.

Alcohol is for an issue for you because it's charged with negative past life energy.

(I had/have exactly the same problem.)

But it's not alcohol that is the problem, it's the negativity, the feeling of guilt,

because you remember that alcohol ruins lives.

If you find a way to release the negativity, an innocent glass of wine (for instance) won't feel so negative anymore.

I think that only one session with a good counselor or a regressionist

can help you a great deal, it makes it easier to get out of this past life rut.

It's really worth the money, perhaps even more than a trip to L.A.

A trip back to the past can be healing in some way.

But getting to the core of the pain and releasing that pain, is far more rewarding.

Enough preaching for now ;)

Curious Girl.

California amusement parks

Hippie--

I'm from southern California and grew up there in the 60's, turning 21 in 1973. I have an idea about the fair or amusement park at the beach which hit me as soon as I read your post. Down near Long Beach (I'm not sure if it was exactly in Long Beach, since I wasn't doing the driving, but close to it), there used to be an amusement park right on the beach that had been there for years with a big wooden roller-coaster that went out over the water. It was called Pacific Ocean Park. It has been closed down for years now, but I can still remember going there as a child and the advertising jingle, "More fun than anything, Pacific Ocean Park!" We used to call it P.O.P. for short. As a teenager I'd go there with servicemen coming from or going to Vietnam.

Also, there is another one still going up north in Santa Cruz, roller-coaster and all, which has been there pretty much forever. :thumbsup:

Your description of a highway with the ocean on one side and mountains on the other sounds like Highway One which snakes along the coast for hundreds of miles.

Roses, wow so you grew up around the same time and location that i lived in my past life.

Where at in southern california did you live? I know towards the end of my life in the early 1980's i ended up in Moreno Valley. But I left my home (somewhere in the north west) in 1964/65 and headed to california. I know that i lived in LA in 1970 atleast. I feel i spent atleast a few years in LA, and surrounding areas. but the years from 64-83 i really havnt regressed to, thus they are blank as of now. I feel those years were pretty rough, and i just really started getting my life back on track in the late 70's and early 80's. and sadly didnt live to see my 40th birthday.

But yes i vividly remember the fair. Particularly the drive there, with the ocean on the left, and the mountain on the right.

Reading your post has left me very nostalgic now. Lately i have been having alot of flashbacks, which usually happens when i dont regress for a while. So hopefully i will get to regress this week, i always enjoy my visits to the past.

Back