Memories & Healing

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Ailish, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

One thing we all have in common – is that every one of us that has had a past life memory, has had a deeply rooted, extremely emotional experience in remembering. Imo, the first step to healing – is to allow the experience to unfold, fully and truthfully, without trying to skewer perceptions to make ourselves feel better.

Some of those memories may be joy filled moments of extreme bliss, but quite often, along comes a bad memory that fills us with fear, distrust or anger. Terrible things have happened to all of us in the past. No one is exempt from tragedy or difficulty. But now, in our present life, it is each person’s choice to heal, or remain unhealed. Everyone has the choice to hold onto the sadness or anger about the past, or to let it go.

I see many people asking questions like -- How do we react? What are we supposed to do to make ourselves feel better?

Everyone needs healing. Imo, sometimes we are born needing healing, because our bodies still carry the traumas of past lives. Healing is how we evolve. Without it, we get stuck, and we keep repeating the same patterns, over and over again, until we learn from them and can move on.

I have a good friend – who wants healing from a past life, but doesn’t want to do the work to make it happen. He wants a band-aid, help from someone else to make that healing happen.

Healing is a personal journey. No one can “heal" you -- but you. Real healing is found within oneself, not from external sources. We are all responsible for ourselves.

It is not people or circumstances outside ourselves that cause us conflict or distress. Rather it is our own thoughts, feelings and attitudes about people and events, regardless of circumstances. By exploring these patterns we can eventually heal them by choosing to no longer find value in them.

Healing is the way we move forward in our lives and make ourselves happy and fulfilled. I am interested in hearing how you have healed from past life memories. What methods have you used? What have you gained from the healing process? Have you seen a benefit in your life today? What encouragement and/or advice do you have to offer others?

Aili :)

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Wonderful questions Aili. I am going to sleep on it and post in the morning. After all - it is the weekend just around the corner. ;)

3. Deborah

HI Aili,

I have found that healing is a process. It isn't something that happens instantaneously. It's like reading a book; one chapter builds on another, just like one past life experience opens the doors of possibility as well as an expanded sense of self.

In my current life I always try to review my intentions, my reactions, my goals, my perceptions of what occurred, how I felt at the time while it was happening and what I desired of the outcome. I have learned that every action I take today - will ripple throughout my eternity. Therefore, I am very careful what I say, how I say it and always take into consideration how another may feel when I do.

Part of the process, and something that resonates deeply for me personally is - the gift is in the giving - both in the spirit and the living. It has been a difficult journey; a little about me:-

I was married at 17, two children at 19, three by 25 and three marriages by age 28. I have no intention of baring my soul here, but I will say that - they say - only one woman in ten can break away from an abusive relationship, and few women pursue an advanced education with three children in tow. I have always wanted to better myself, and to better understand others. I am now a College Professor, a muralist and an activist for children; acting as the US contact person for several International non-profit organizations. I have also chosen to help Carol and Steve Bowman run this forum.

Past lives can reveal some terrible things, - but it's in consciousness that I believe we progress; it is in consciousness that we evolve into Becoming. Love, Joy, Peace, Wisdom, Knowledge, Compassion; all of these are not materials things. To me, consciousness resides within the Heart, within the Soul, within Spirit.

The act of giving has helped me to heal; to find my voice, to share my passion, to stand my ground, and to reach out to others in ways I never would have dreamed possible when I was just 17. : angel

My advise - I highly recommend random acts of kindness.

4. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

How have I healed from past life memories? Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure. Right now I'm just kind of beginning to understand what it is that needs healing and the "maybes" on why (or what messed things up to begin with).

As for methods, all I can say is "small doses."

...which brings me to what I've gained. I can now watch WWII movies and documentaries without feeling like I'm going to throw up.

I believe that's beneficial.

My advice is to grab the bull by the horns, otherwise, you may run forever.

5. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

Interesting topic.
    I think I have partly healed some of my past life traumas, but not all of them.
    First I had to accept that I had a past life and that I had some pretty sad memories.
    Second I started writing down those memories and all the emotions that were part of it.
    That took quite some time, and it were very intense and emotional experiences.
    It's very important to let off steam first before you can even start thinking of healing.
    The next chapter is understanding what happened in the past.
    You can't let go an experience before you fully grasp it.
    And healing is something that occurs when you're ready, when the tension is gone
    and the understanding is there.
    Then it's time to let go.
    But unfortunately this doesn't always happen.
    Not even after working hard.

I think we can solve some of our past life traumas ourselves.
    But some karmic patterns are so complex that we could need some help, like past life therapy.
    Perhaps we can do it all by ourselves, but we need to know how,
    and most people who have past life memories have no idea what to do.
    I've also been my own therapist for years, I've learned a lot and I solved a lot,
    but I know that it could have been easier with the help of a therapist.
    Healing always takes a lot of courage, hard working and so on,
    and it's always worth a try.
    But I don't think that everyone is capable of healing oneself, and it's certainly not easy.
    So I recommend a good therapist if feel you're stuck,
    otherwise it might take years before you're finally there.

Curious Girl.

6. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

I developed or came into this life with an intense distrust of authority figures. The whole time I was growing up it was proven over and over that "they" didn't have a clue in most cases. So my healing process from PL's has been much like the little kid in Family Circus cartoon who sets out for a destination like the mail box, but ends up wandering all over the neighborhood to get there.:rolleyes: :laugh:

But there are 2 things I have found that help keep the path shorter. the first is look within your religion if you have one. Not at the books written by recognised authority figures but by the founder of the religion itself or it's current spiritual head.

The other is a rather amazing dvd/video or book that has just been released called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. The concept is how to succeed at life. Not new in the self help arena but it's presentation is, and it can be used to resolve PL issues too. The main key being attitude and focusing upon where you would like to be and not where you were/are now. The thoughts and feelings generated by those thoughts are all important.

Jack

7. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Aili,

Thanks this thread is just what I needed to see right now.
    I'm not ready to comment here yet how or if I've healed my past life memories. Time will soon tell if i'm succeeding... And Deborah, I think i've just reached the end of chapter 1 :)

8. Ailish

Thank you for your thoughts and reflections, everyone. Healing is definitely a process. ;)

Chris, I am glad you enjoyed the thread -- and happy to hear you're on your way. :)

Aili

9. Ailish

I've enjoyed reading Henry Bolduc's work, and found that many of his thoughts resonate with my own. I think this passage is a good one to read -- for anyone who may be struggling with a past life. Remember, as Deborah said, healing is a process. It takes time and effort -- there is no "quick fix" -- but it can be accomplished!

Excellent advice. There is something very healing in being compassionate and kind towards others -- to focus on someone else other than ourselves. I read this a while ago, and thought it illustrated very nicely what you have just said:

Aili :)

10. ChrisR

"This exercise is most easily achieved in doing deeds of loving kindness, in feeling and practicing brotherhood, in helping and sharing with others, in helping others and sharing with them the blessings that you have." G. de Purucker

........as you have so kindly demonstrated yourself Aili, I can't thank you enough for the help you've given me these last few weeks. Thanks to you, for the first time in my life i'm starting to find myself. :thumbsup:

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

Good advice. And the best and simplest random act of kindness:

"Thank you."

I started doing that at work, after I read Deborah's post. Our morale is to the point where it's gotten a bit scary. Visitors to our company have noted that you can feel the tension in the air when you walk in the front door. And that's not good when the purpose of our division is sales and marketing.

Although morale is a top-down issue, I figured it was worth a try to work from the middle. With random acts of kindness. That falls under the umbrella of 'using your powers for good'.

Whenever I have to ask for anything at work, I make sure that I thank people specifically for what they've done for me.

It's working. If you give someone a thank you and a pat on the back, even if they are just doing their job, and you are not their manager, it still makes them smile. And it makes me feel good when they smile back at me, instead of giving me a dirty look and snapping my head off for disrupting their workday.

Every little bit helps.

Thanks for giving me the idea, Deborah. It's making our workplace a little bit brighter. I'm hoping it will catch on so it's not just me.

Let me know if you have any other ideas :)

Phoenix

12. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

“There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behaviour, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

13. Phoenix

Aint that the truth. I was talking to one of my friends last night about my plan to distribute the manuscript of my book at zero markup and when I told her that it's because I feel great now that I've healed and I want other people to feel as good as I feel. I want people to be happy.

She thought that was kind of weird.

It's all that matters to me. That hasn't changed.

Everytime I use my powers for good, it feels great. And everytime I don't, i get more baggage. My goal is to not have a lot of baggage at the end of this incarnation so that I don't have so much to heal from the next time around.

I'm not not a flowerchild when it comes to healing. Sometimes during the healing process, people need something other than cocoa and bunny slippers to get them on to the next stage and closer to not being miserable.

Sometimes people need a good kick in the backside with a jackboot. I needed that a time or two during my healing process. And it worked marvelously for me. I'm a believer in tough love.

I want people to be happy, but not at the expense of good sense. i'm still cynical, and that's not going to change. Nobody who has seen and done what I have is going to look at the world through rose colored glasses. Most people would not have seen the dark side of that novel the Law of Love.

Most people avoid looking at their own dark side. I am the poster child for that. But if you have a life that is holding you up from healing because of the darkness in it, you have to.

The only way to the light is through the darkness, and that's not an easy path to walk.

But you can get there. If I did it, anyone can.

Phoenix

14. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Wow Phoenix. That is wonderful. I agree with you that sometimes people need a whack up the back of the head to wake up to themselves. Tenderness, gentleness and understanding will only take some people so far.

Another quote for you:

“People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.” Audrey Hepburn

15. Deborah

Thank you Phoenix. :) The only other thing that comes to mind at the moment is: Be good to yourself - love yourself first - so that you may freely, and truly love others.

Namaste Tanguerra. :)

16. Phoenix

That's a good quote. Too late in my case, I had to learn that one on my own.

Rough lesson, too. Learning to love the person I was, as much as I love the person I am, was what took me 17 years.

It is so much easier to hate than to love.

Phoenix

17. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I have a past life during which due to my negligence or perceived negligence, one of my children died. That has a definite affect in how I parent in this life. I am more careful, could be too careful if I wasn't aware. So, just being aware of the cause is my first step towards healing.

However,--an important thing for me to note is that if it weren't for this past life debris, I might not have been careful enough, cognizant enough. My basic personality was a little reckless and unaware and that may have carried over into my parenting if I hadn't had the past life issues.

I think in finding the balance, I will find the healing.

Vicky

18. Phoenix

We can learn a lot from the mistakes we've made in our past life memories, just as we learn from the mistakes we've made in our current lives.

That is how we make progress, life to life-by learning from our mistakes, and figuring out how to avoid those same pitfalls in the future. And like anything else, there are people who learn quickly, and those of us who are slow learners.

Some of the close calls I've had in this life really freaked me out when I realized that I was caught up in something I shouldn't. I said I was a slow learner, right? :D

Good luck in your learning, finding the balance, and finding healing, Vicky.

Phoenix

19. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

I think it is *very* important to learn to love ourselves in the manner that we love others - - or with the same depth that others have loved/do love us. It's very difficult to love oneself unconditionally because we seem to be great at beating ourselves up for mistakes we make or character traits we don't like in ourselves. We may not like all of the character traits or life choices in our loved ones, but we still love them on a different level, for different reasons.

20. Ailish

Do any new members have some thoughts to add to the discussion?

Aili

21. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

healing

I totally agree with this. Whether we are aware of it or not, I think that some worries or negative emotions can be choices. Because we can choose to take a different direction and feel totally different about a situation.
    I don't think we should let ourselves get to extreme negative points to begin with. Something as simple as meditating daily can help balance us internally.
    We can learn to overcome that ego and that tension within ourselves so we are not carrying an unnecessary load into our next incarnation.
    Since everyone is unique, it's understandable that the healing process can be different for everyone.
    In my opinion, simply remembering, re-experiencing, and acknowledging past life traumas are avenues toward healing.
    It can be beneficial to let go of the trauma of that experience. Free it from one's spirit by releasing that excess energy.
    Some people have found meditation and visualizing healing energies around them to be beneficial.
    Some use certain crystals or reiki.
    I don't think the healing process is set in stone. People can be creative and do what feels right and what works for them.

22. Deborah

This is an older thread - but I thought perhaps newer members might find it helpful. Ailish has presented a wonderful set of things to think about and reflect on; possibly even some things to embrace in your life -- in the here and now. ;)

I would also like to add something I wrote on the forum three years ago that I think applies to this

23. Deborah

Could not have said it better myself Aili, :thumbsup:

24. Ailish

I think those are wise words that are applicable in all situations. And it makes sense - if a person is always focusing on the feeling and emotion of the pain - then it is something they are still holding within - and they will not heal.

25. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

I went looking today for some insight and found this thread . I had a month of ups and downs. I had one of the best healings I have had so far since starting this new treatment for my heavy metal intoxication. I was excstatic.. my memory was better and I felt I could go back to more of my old self where I would handle life alot better.

A few days later , I had crashed once again with problems with my digestion/ THese times of pain are very emotional for me. and I often get to looking alot more at my attitudes towards life . I fortunately found the physical answer --- I had not been taking enough of some of my supplements and once back on them , I am feeling better.

But my back was bad. This is not an ongoing problem for me, so I felt I should look to an emotional link. I find when I am experiencing these unordinary symptoms I am really out of wack, and I have learned that something from my past is triggering it.

SO today I did some prayers for help and the trigger came up. My very last life and the painful death I had. I was a baby born right in Auschwitz concentration camp to a Jewish woman. The German guard found me and killed me by throwing me against the wall. I am having this trigger where I cannot get that feeling of hitting my head against that brick wall.

I am having a very hard time with this one. I went looking for answers on this forum and came across this thread. I felt it reflected how difficult some things are to be able to let go of.

So I am asking for some help from you all.. I have had healing through prayer and since this seems like one of those biggies that seems impossible to let go..

I would really appreciate your prayers.

soulfreindly

26. ChrisR

((((((soulfreindly)))))) I'll make some time to send positive thoughts your way - your memory of being thrown against the wall brought a tear to my eye - :(

27. soulfreindly

Thankyou Chris for your heartful prayers.

I know my prayers were answered. My back is half way better... I was able to calm down enough and write my first letter to my twin sister. She is the one with whom my karma precipitated alot of unresolved guilt. She and another twin.. my twin brother have had ongoing connections through which my regression work revolved around.

. We three had had similar lives , lives of utter abuse, lives where love was tested. We had been twins in experiments in eugenics in the time of Atlantis and in Hitlers Nazi Germany. I have done a fair amount of work around this. I had had this memory of being thrown against the wall along with the two other lives in the holocaust . THe second life in the holocaust I was with my twin sister .

It was worrisome, I had not felt this one as a baby being killed with the same terror since I had that first memory many years ago..

I went to my personal email and found one from a freind whose life is in turmoil as her mother has been given only two months to life. . She wrote to her freinds of her news about her mom dieing saying with these words that felt like they were just for me.

"Life really is what happens, when you're busy making other plans."

These were the words I was trying to find. Through our love me and my twins had chosen and invited each other to share lives together. But my plans for happiness did not follow.. life happened.. But I do not want this fear of making a choice to find and search for love to ruin me. I want to continue asking for more connections, more experiences and I want to learn to have the faith and leave my fears behind.

I had been unable to share my feelings with my twin sister > THis afternoon my mind became clear and I was able to sit down and write to her this afternoon . A simple note ,

" I cannot go back to where I was.. I cannot touch you skin to skin. I cannot keep you with me forever. I know my body will go on... I am still living but the way I live will not be the way I had thought and wished it would be. \

But with you in my heart I know of love and I know I will have the strength to reach out for more connection < And with that continued hope and faith that life can be good I shall work at being honour bound to love , I do love you and your love is real for me.

We were in the wrong place in the wrong time. I had asked you to be with me...

I had expected love to be enough of a buffer and protection from the evil

. I fulley understand that it is important for me to be patient in love,,, not expect too much , keep on reaching out in love , with faith in love for all. .. through my love in gods name.. "

That trigger of that wall is not with me tonight. I hope my sister has heard of my letter and has also found that much more peace.

Thanks for listening. soulfreindly

28. wavesJ

wavesJ Senior Registered

I recently see healing very differently than I used to, below just my idea.

original face of the soul

If reincarnation recognized by society, the psychology text need to be rewrite to reflect this. Alice Miller have theory of idea childhood---a child who have perfect parent will perform perfect in later life. I think the "idea child" would be replaced by " original face of the soul". perfect and wholeness as it is if untouched by sorrow of the world.

But what wholeness mean? if wholeness are so easily affect by outside environment, Is it wholeness after all?!

The healing process

The healing process seems goes circle, wound-->healing-->wound-->healing-->... ... in countless life time.

I experience healing in my own life, as recently method, we need to re-experience the past and healing the wound, this is effective for certain things in certain life, But "how we prevent wound happen" and reach the freedom from trauma

The nature of trauma

The wound became a wounds NOT because of our experience, but because our interpret/perception. Therefore, NOT other people or outside factor cause wound, but our own perception cause wounds...

It's impossible to control other factors, like others attitude, nature disasters... etc, etc. That would be more difficult than controlling the wind.

The only way free from trauma is shift our perception

29. soulfreindly

I disagree with this attitude toward the nature of trauma. A wound is a wound , is a wound. People do cause wounds . We in human body can have healing of that wound and then we go on to survive. Or else it can kill us.

I see that we have our body , a necessary facet of our soul... ie we would not be a soul but that we do take a body . I beleive that in god's plans there is the dychotomy of good and evil and it is through our body we find out about that dychotomy..

If there is wounding , we need to recognise the nature of that evil . We need to learn to fight it, not just through rising above it through our perceptions of it, but through having some action against it. This is compassion, caring, love. The only way to shift trauma is do something in the name of love.

In my memories , I had two experiences with the same person who was evil. They had not changed over the few thousand years. I wonder if this person is evil always to personify evil and represents someone who fits in with the theory that there is evil ...

Healing for me comes fom recognising evil and not negating its existence, not give it that second chance when doing so does no harm and act on my recognition of that evil to do something to prevent it from affecting others.

soulfreindly

30. wavesJ

wavesJ Senior Registered

soulfriend :)

I understand where you stand for your point, for your post had been my experience in healing process. and Yes, it's very necessary to acknowledge the truth and not wear pink glasses at any time...

However, after my healing process is nearly complete, I feel very different, I am no more interested in any game which hold me in earth planet and decide to let all game go, therefore I decide to forgive all and forgive myself for my own weakness. I know the only way to let go is be totally responsible. And it's my own viewpoint and I don't seek agreement. ;)

Blessing